Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Football
Topic:  RE: Gamedy experience

Topic:  RE: Gamedy experience
Author
Message
Casper71
General User

Member Since: 12/1/2006
Post Count: 2,500

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Gamedy experience
   Posted: 9/10/2021 6:33:39 PM 
Well, let’s add audio to the list of issues. Why in the world is the band playing while at the same time the audio is coming out of the speakers? I say get rid of the damn speaker noise and let the band play.
Back to Top
  
Doc Bobcat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,842

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Gamedy experience
   Posted: 9/10/2021 7:30:29 PM 
Casper71 wrote:
Well, let’s add audio to the list of issues. Why in the world is the band playing while at the same time the audio is coming out of the speakers? I say get rid of the damn speaker noise and let the band play.


Yeah for sure.

I know some of the younger crowd loves the music (if you want to call it that) but personally this old fart thinks it sucks.
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 11,658

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Gamedy experience
   Posted: 9/10/2021 10:44:09 PM 
Alan Swank wrote:
Might be time to bring back the Green and White Club. $100 per family per year and maybe even split the pot too. I'm sure the local businesses would love to have a catering gig for 1000 people on a Saturday afternoon.


Troublemaker. You know that the AD will never allow it, and we'd be accussed of setting up an outside booster organization that would get the university on NCAA probation. Not saying any of these accusations would be true, but that's what we would be told. And, running such a group without university sanction would be a real folly.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
RSBobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/22/2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 4,104

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Gamedy experience
   Posted: 9/10/2021 11:17:30 PM 
Beyond the total concessions fail....(stood in line 20 minutes to get a couple dogs & a pop - and that was after deciding to wait until H2 hoping the lines would decrease). Oh - and that was after wasting time going to the Endzone Club/Bobcat Club thinking I would be able to get something to eat & drink quicker there - but nothing there....WTF?)

I am associated with a local product company who has a sponsorship program - that includes videoboard features. Problem is - You can't even see the product branding image & tailgater's photo's that are part of the promotion on the videoboard - it is just Way Too Small a videoboard....


RS Bobcat

Back to Top
  
Deciduous Forest Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Ohio
Post Count: 3,844

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Gamedy experience
   Posted: 9/11/2021 10:31:34 PM 
RSBobcat wrote:
Beyond the total concessions fail....(stood in line 20 minutes to get a couple dogs & a pop - and that was after deciding to wait until H2 hoping the lines would decrease). Oh - and that was after wasting time going to the Endzone Club/Bobcat Club thinking I would be able to get something to eat & drink quicker there - but nothing there....WTF?)

I am associated with a local product company who has a sponsorship program - that includes videoboard features. Problem is - You can't even see the product branding image & tailgater's photo's that are part of the promotion on the videoboard - it is just Way Too Small a videoboard....

It's just too damn far away.
Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Austin, TX
Post Count: 6,087

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Gamedy experience
   Posted: 9/11/2021 10:37:06 PM 
Deciduous Forest Cat wrote:
RSBobcat wrote:
Beyond the total concessions fail....(stood in line 20 minutes to get a couple dogs & a pop - and that was after deciding to wait until H2 hoping the lines would decrease). Oh - and that was after wasting time going to the Endzone Club/Bobcat Club thinking I would be able to get something to eat & drink quicker there - but nothing there....WTF?)

I am associated with a local product company who has a sponsorship program - that includes videoboard features. Problem is - You can't even see the product branding image & tailgater's photo's that are part of the promotion on the videoboard - it is just Way Too Small a videoboard....

It's just too damn far away.


Agree. It's not the size it's what you do with it.

Jokes aside, the first time I saw the new board I was sitting on the opposite side of the stadium and wondered why it felt like it was on the highway.

Back to Top
  
oldkatz
General User

Member Since: 12/22/2004
Post Count: 1,295

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Gamedy experience
   Posted: 9/11/2021 11:25:45 PM 
To add to the gameday experience fails, while my wife was in line in the ladies room, one of the doors to the stalls broke off its hinges...............while the person was in the stall. Oy!!


"All my inside sources tell me I have no inside sources." Salvatore "money bucks" Mafiosiano.

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 7,510

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Gamedy experience
   Posted: 9/12/2021 1:22:53 AM 
oldkatz wrote:
To add to the gameday experience fails, while my wife was in line in the ladies room, one of the doors to the stalls broke off its hinges...............while the person was in the stall. Oy!!


Well, seeing how those bathrooms were renovated in 1989, I’m shocked it took this long.
Back to Top
  
davepi2
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: columbus, OH
Post Count: 581

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Gamedy experience
   Posted: 9/12/2021 11:39:22 AM 
Did anyone notice the Duquesne kicker falling down on the opening kick yesterday? Are we that embarrassed we have to change the score to zeroes as soon as the game is over?
Back to Top
  
Jeff McKinney
Moderator

Member Since: 11/12/2004
Post Count: 5,487

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Gamedy experience
   Posted: 9/12/2021 2:56:59 PM 
Some improvements were made for the Duquesne game. Athletic department staffers were passing out free waters. The End Zone Club was set up better. There were more replays on the scoreboard. The pregame 9/11 ceremony was presented ok.
Back to Top
  
.
General User

Member Since: 2/3/2005
Post Count: 2,849

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Gamedy experience
   Posted: 9/12/2021 3:00:49 PM 
oldkatz wrote:
To add to the gameday experience fails, while my wife was in line in the ladies room, one of the doors to the stalls broke off its hinges...............while the person was in the stall. Oy!!



As a person who hates using stalls in public restrooms, you’ve just described a nightmare.
Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,580

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Gamedy experience
   Posted: 9/14/2021 8:55:24 PM 
There's no way OUr AD is not aware of the poor game experience from Sept. 4. Would it be beneath her to offer an apology to Bobcat ticket holders for lack of preparation for the season opener? Her counterpart at our Thursday night opponent thought it the right thing to do for fans of the Ragin' Cajuns.

https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/lsu/20... /
Back to Top
  
AlumDadDad
General User



Member Since: 10/18/2015
Post Count: 349

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Gamedy experience
   Posted: 9/15/2021 6:58:06 AM 
bobcatsquared wrote:
There's no way OUr AD is not aware of the poor game experience from Sept. 4. Would it be beneath her to offer an apology to Bobcat ticket holders for lack of preparation for the season opener? Her counterpart at our Thursday night opponent thought it the right thing to do for fans of the Ragin' Cajuns.

https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/lsu/20... /

That's an interesting concept indeed, showing that you care about the customer (and your source of revenue).
Back to Top
  
OUcats82
General User



Member Since: 1/9/2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Post Count: 1,734

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Gamedy experience
   Posted: 9/15/2021 9:04:12 AM 
AlumDadDad wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:
There's no way OUr AD is not aware of the poor game experience from Sept. 4. Would it be beneath her to offer an apology to Bobcat ticket holders for lack of preparation for the season opener? Her counterpart at our Thursday night opponent thought it the right thing to do for fans of the Ragin' Cajuns.

https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/lsu/20... /

That's an interesting concept indeed, showing that you care about the customer (and your source of revenue).


I know that the proof is in the pudding and that being savvy and active both in person and on social media doesn't automatically translate into success but I try to absorb just about any kind of Ohio related public releases and the current AD seems awfully quiet and doesn't appear to go out of her way to be visible. I know she has priorities that don't involve us heathens but I think there is big room for improvement from a PR/visibility/leadership standpoint.


Ohio-The State University

Back to Top
  
SBH
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 2,851

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Gamedy experience
   Posted: 9/15/2021 9:32:59 AM 
I agree completely. Not sure she wants our input, though. No doubt she's dealing with some pretty ugly financial stuff behind the scenes. I've noticed she is far more visible with regard to women's sports, perhaps by design as they've been pushed into the background for so long.

It would make sense to give fans some appreciation of the challenges she and the department are facing and set reasonable expectations for the gameday experience.

I do know they were proactively planning a three-year fundraising campaign to celebrate Frank's eventual retirement. That, of course, got blown out of the water this summer.

Last Edited: 9/15/2021 9:37:15 AM by SBH

Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 11,658

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Gamedy experience
   Posted: 9/15/2021 10:27:23 AM 
I would agree with the comments that she doesn't keep a very visible profile. Perhaps I'm just not looking in the right places, but she seems to only surface for things like announcing a new coach. Maybe she's so hard at work on that big $30-million endowment gift for the Athletic Department that she doesn't have time for any trivial matters like communicating with the fan base. If so, I'll be very forgiving. In the meantime, I'm just left wondering what's going on in the AD's office.

Last Edited: 9/15/2021 10:28:01 AM by OhioCatFan


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
ohiocatfan1
General User

Member Since: 9/6/2016
Post Count: 174

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Gamedy experience
   Posted: 9/15/2021 10:57:59 AM 
Boy this thread really makes me want to head to Athens to watch a football team that will surely still be winless by the time they play another home game.
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 7,510

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Gamedy experience
   Posted: 9/15/2021 10:59:09 AM 
SBH wrote:
I agree completely. Not sure she wants our input, though. No doubt she's dealing with some pretty ugly financial stuff behind the scenes. I've noticed she is far more visible with regard to women's sports, perhaps by design as they've been pushed into the background for so long.

It would make sense to give fans some appreciation of the challenges she and the department are facing and set reasonable expectations for the gameday experience.

I do know they were proactively planning a three-year fundraising campaign to celebrate Frank's eventual retirement. That, of course, got blown out of the water this summer.



There is no financial challenges right now. Covid has been a miracle pill for the University financial picture.
Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: On the road between Athens and Madison County
Post Count: 7,990

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Gamedy experience
   Posted: 9/15/2021 12:07:38 PM 
ohiocatfan1 wrote:
Boy this thread really makes me want to head to Athens to watch a football team that will surely still be winless by the time they play another home game.


What is the most frustrating is that a great gameday experience can and make up for ugly performances on the field, and keep people coming back because they had a great time despite the result on the field. When both are subpar, it is likely to lead to lots of empty seats soon.
Back to Top
  
Scott Woods
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: On the banks of the Ohio, OH
Post Count: 207

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Gamedy experience
   Posted: 9/15/2021 2:17:45 PM 
As I was in line this past weekend under the home side stands, Ms. Cromer stopped and asked the guy behind me how long he had been waiting in line and had a conversation with him regarding service. So I know she's aware of the situation and is out and about at least some.


Religion morality and knowledge being necessary to good government and the happiness of mankind schools and the means of education shall forever be encouraged.

So enter that daily thou mayest grow in knowledge wisdom and love. So depart that daily thou mayest better serve thy fellowmen thy country and thy God.

Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 6,515

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Gamedy experience
   Posted: 9/15/2021 4:18:53 PM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
SBH wrote:
I agree completely. Not sure she wants our input, though. No doubt she's dealing with some pretty ugly financial stuff behind the scenes. I've noticed she is far more visible with regard to women's sports, perhaps by design as they've been pushed into the background for so long.

It would make sense to give fans some appreciation of the challenges she and the department are facing and set reasonable expectations for the gameday experience.

I do know they were proactively planning a three-year fundraising campaign to celebrate Frank's eventual retirement. That, of course, got blown out of the water this summer.



There is no financial challenges right now. Covid has been a miracle pill for the University financial picture.


And school districts and municipalities. I had one official recently tell me that they can't find enough things to spend the money on.

Back to Top
  
CatsUp
General User

Member Since: 4/15/2019
Post Count: 463

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Gamedy experience
   Posted: 9/15/2021 5:48:53 PM 
Alan Swank wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
SBH wrote:
I agree completely. Not sure she wants our input, though. No doubt she's dealing with some pretty ugly financial stuff behind the scenes. I've noticed she is far more visible with regard to women's sports, perhaps by design as they've been pushed into the background for so long.

It would make sense to give fans some appreciation of the challenges she and the department are facing and set reasonable expectations for the gameday experience.

I do know they were proactively planning a three-year fundraising campaign to celebrate Frank's eventual retirement. That, of course, got blown out of the water this summer.



There is no financial challenges right now. Covid has been a miracle pill for the University financial picture.


And school districts and municipalities. I had one official recently tell me that they can't find enough things to spend the money on.



I would be curious to know the formula (or formulae), or other criteria, that is used for determining the distribution of what sounds like “generous” funds provided to all the various organizations mentioned (and I suppose many that have not been mentioned). I imagine any information out there that can be found is somewhat complex and anyone researching it can be as absorbed in it as deeply as they want to be. However, there needs to be summaries pertaining to the various organizations readily available that describes this funding process for them, and, is easy to access and understand by “average Joe Taxpayer”. Perhaps something similar to an executive summary. Maybe a dedicated website of such general information would be appropriate. If anyone knows if this exists now please excuse my ignorance about it.
Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 6,515

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Gamedy experience
   Posted: 9/15/2021 5:58:22 PM 
CatsUp wrote:
Alan Swank wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
SBH wrote:
I agree completely. Not sure she wants our input, though. No doubt she's dealing with some pretty ugly financial stuff behind the scenes. I've noticed she is far more visible with regard to women's sports, perhaps by design as they've been pushed into the background for so long.

It would make sense to give fans some appreciation of the challenges she and the department are facing and set reasonable expectations for the gameday experience.

I do know they were proactively planning a three-year fundraising campaign to celebrate Frank's eventual retirement. That, of course, got blown out of the water this summer.



There is no financial challenges right now. Covid has been a miracle pill for the University financial picture.


And school districts and municipalities. I had one official recently tell me that they can't find enough things to spend the money on.



I would be curious to know the formula (or formulae), or other criteria, that is used for determining the distribution of what sounds like “generous” funds provided to all the various organizations mentioned (and I suppose many that have not been mentioned). I imagine any information out there that can be found is somewhat complex and anyone researching it can be as absorbed in it as deeply as they want to be. However, there needs to be summaries pertaining to the various organizations readily available that describes this funding process for them, and, is easy to access and understand by “average Joe Taxpayer”. Perhaps something similar to an executive summary. Maybe a dedicated website of such general information would be appropriate. If anyone knows if this exists now please excuse my ignorance about it.


Some of these links will help.

https://collaborate.oasbo-ohio.org/blogs/katie-johnson1/2...

Back to Top
  
CatsUp
General User

Member Since: 4/15/2019
Post Count: 463

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Gamedy experience
   Posted: 9/15/2021 6:39:56 PM 
Thank you for the link. I’ll take a closer look when I get the opportunity.
Back to Top
  
ExVideoCat
General User

Member Since: 9/4/2021
Post Count: 101

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Gamedy experience
   Posted: 9/27/2021 6:37:18 PM 
If anyone still cares, Julie is currently on the coaches show talking game day experience. If you listen to the replay it’s at 35 minutes in.
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  51 - 75  of 102 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Football' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             




Copyright ©2021 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties