Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Football
Topic:  RE: Does Rourke have naked pictures of somebody?

Topic:  RE: Does Rourke have naked pictures of somebody?
Author
Message
KyleWvr13
General User



Member Since: 11/9/2010
Location: Coatesville, PA
Post Count: 396

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Does Rourke have naked pictures of somebody?
   Posted: 9/17/2021 1:23:35 AM 
BryanHall wrote:
LuckySparrow wrote:
Rourke is the least of our problems. He's a solid, accurate QB with a lot of potential. Our offensive playcalls have done him a disservice and put him in a tough position.

I think we could use Rodgers more but Rourke is the QB of the future and needs as many reps as possible.


I don't get the playcalling at all. I don't mind the alternating quarterbacks much. It just seems like it doesn't make sense when they do it. They were down in the second half and needed passing--they bring in Rodgers. They get close to the goal line and keep Rourke in for the option. The two quarterbacks at the same time make more sense if Rodgers is not taking the snaps. Having Rourke split out at WR for several plays in a row is kinda puzzling.


This dual QB set up brings back a lot of not so great memories of Boo Jackson/Phil Bates era circa 2010. Sure we made it to the MAC Championships and a Bowl with them but that was mostly on the tails of a pretty great defense that could turn the ball over.

It just seemed like the opposing defense could easily tell what we were going to do depending on the QB on the field. "Oh, Boo Jackson is on the field, it's more than likely a passing play" or "Bates is behind center, probably going to be some kind of designed run or option"

Same thing with Armani/Rourke. Armani is our running QB and Rourke is our Passing QB. Pretty obvious what is going to be called when either of them are about to take the snap. I wish that Armani would take some deep passes every once and a while to make the opposing defense at least consider the deep pass when he's behind center.
Back to Top
  
BryanHall
General User

Member Since: 9/11/2010
Post Count: 260

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Does Rourke have naked pictures of somebody?
   Posted: 9/17/2021 8:22:58 AM 
KyleWvr13 wrote:
BryanHall wrote:
LuckySparrow wrote:
Rourke is the least of our problems. He's a solid, accurate QB with a lot of potential. Our offensive playcalls have done him a disservice and put him in a tough position.

I think we could use Rodgers more but Rourke is the QB of the future and needs as many reps as possible.


I don't get the playcalling at all. I don't mind the alternating quarterbacks much. It just seems like it doesn't make sense when they do it. They were down in the second half and needed passing--they bring in Rodgers. They get close to the goal line and keep Rourke in for the option. The two quarterbacks at the same time make more sense if Rodgers is not taking the snaps. Having Rourke split out at WR for several plays in a row is kinda puzzling.


This dual QB set up brings back a lot of not so great memories of Boo Jackson/Phil Bates era circa 2010. Sure we made it to the MAC Championships and a Bowl with them but that was mostly on the tails of a pretty great defense that could turn the ball over.

It just seemed like the opposing defense could easily tell what we were going to do depending on the QB on the field. "Oh, Boo Jackson is on the field, it's more than likely a passing play" or "Bates is behind center, probably going to be some kind of designed run or option"

Same thing with Armani/Rourke. Armani is our running QB and Rourke is our Passing QB. Pretty obvious what is going to be called when either of them are about to take the snap. I wish that Armani would take some deep passes every once and a while to make the opposing defense at least consider the deep pass when he's behind center.


I'll take it a step further. Rourke doesn't seem to be allowed to open up the passing attack early until it is third and long or the team is down by two scores. I also agree with your Armani thoughts, he doesn't have to complete 60% of his passes to be effective. If he chucks a few downfield he can spread the defense more. The playcalling is not the biggest problem, but it isn't helping either.
Back to Top
  
mf279801
General User

Member Since: 8/6/2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Post Count: 2,258

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Does Rourke have naked pictures of somebody?
   Posted: 9/17/2021 9:22:06 AM 
KyleWvr13 wrote:
BryanHall wrote:
LuckySparrow wrote:
Rourke is the least of our problems. He's a solid, accurate QB with a lot of potential. Our offensive playcalls have done him a disservice and put him in a tough position.

I think we could use Rodgers more but Rourke is the QB of the future and needs as many reps as possible.


I don't get the playcalling at all. I don't mind the alternating quarterbacks much. It just seems like it doesn't make sense when they do it. They were down in the second half and needed passing--they bring in Rodgers. They get close to the goal line and keep Rourke in for the option. The two quarterbacks at the same time make more sense if Rodgers is not taking the snaps. Having Rourke split out at WR for several plays in a row is kinda puzzling.


This dual QB set up brings back a lot of not so great memories of Boo Jackson/Phil Bates era circa 2010. Sure we made it to the MAC Championships and a Bowl with them but that was mostly on the tails of a pretty great defense that could turn the ball over.

It just seemed like the opposing defense could easily tell what we were going to do depending on the QB on the field. "Oh, Boo Jackson is on the field, it's more than likely a passing play" or "Bates is behind center, probably going to be some kind of designed run or option"

Same thing with Armani/Rourke. Armani is our running QB and Rourke is our Passing QB. Pretty obvious what is going to be called when either of them are about to take the snap. I wish that Armani would take some deep passes every once and a while to make the opposing defense at least consider the deep pass when he's behind center.


At this point, put them out there in shotgun, shoulder to shoulder, each slightly offset from the center, and snap the ball to one or the other based on the play call. Itís not like weíll have appreciably worse outcomes
Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: On the road between Athens and Madison County
Post Count: 7,898

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Does Rourke have naked pictures of somebody?
   Posted: 9/17/2021 10:33:52 AM 
mf279801 wrote:
I think itís safe to assume that a college student in 2021 has access to naked pictures, yes.


This is the best response in this thread.
Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 977

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Does Rourke have naked pictures of somebody?
   Posted: 10/3/2021 1:58:04 PM 
greencat wrote:


When does Rogers get a fair shot a playing time?


That's finally been answered.
Back to Top
  
Doc Bobcat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,791

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Does Rourke have naked pictures of somebody?
   Posted: 10/3/2021 3:11:46 PM 
greencat wrote:
greencat wrote:


When does Rogers get a fair shot a playing time?


That's finally been answered.


But will that continue?
Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 977

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Does Rourke have naked pictures of somebody?
   Posted: 10/3/2021 10:06:46 PM 
Doc Bobcat wrote:
greencat wrote:
greencat wrote:


When does Rogers get a fair shot a playing time?


That's finally been answered.


But will that continue?


Does Albin like winning better than losing?
Back to Top
  
AlumDadDad
General User



Member Since: 10/18/2015
Post Count: 336

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Does Rourke have naked pictures of somebody?
   Posted: 10/4/2021 9:36:53 AM 
I really want to see Rourke succeed, but he's certainly not helping his case thus far. For next year's sake we need an experienced QB option.

I'm getting a kind of Quinton Maxwell vibe on the young man by watching him play. Pocket passer with a strong arm and good size, not particularly suited to our system. That factor alone is not necessarily preventing him from succeeding at this point. He looks unsure of himself - double-clutching, throwing late, tentative when he runs. Obviously, poor pass protection is not helping on that front. I couldn't tell from the horrible ESPN3 camera work if the Akron DBs were THAT good in coverage.

Thoughts?
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 11,465

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Does Rourke have naked pictures of somebody?
   Posted: 10/4/2021 10:59:32 AM 
Seems to me Rourke Jr. has regressed since last year. In a limited year with only three games I thought he showed some promise. He was inconsistent last year, but had a few throws that looked almost NFL good. This year he looks more like the backup QB at Athens High School. I don't think it's the OL, because when he does have time his throws are often not on target. He'll make two or three decent passes in a row, but then on a key down he'll sail a pass over the receiver's head. He's extremely inconsistent and seems unable to throw the ball upfield with any accuracy at all. Most of his completions are for short gains. I remember times on third down when he had open receivers downfield and he throws to a guy on a short route who is tackled a yard short of a first down. Maybe he's afraid to throw long because of a fear of an interception because he's not been accurate at that length. I don't know what the problem is; I just know there's a problem. He may still have the potential to be a great college QB, but he's not ready for primetime right now.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
SBH
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 2,799

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Does Rourke have naked pictures of somebody?
   Posted: 10/4/2021 12:54:03 PM 
It's called the Ipshording Effect.
Back to Top
  
Cats5
General User

Member Since: 6/14/2017
Post Count: 361

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Does Rourke have naked pictures of somebody?
   Posted: 10/4/2021 1:07:55 PM 
AlumDadDad wrote:
I really want to see Rourke succeed, but he's certainly not helping his case thus far. For next year's sake we need an experienced QB option.

I'm getting a kind of Quinton Maxwell vibe on the young man by watching him play. Pocket passer with a strong arm and good size, not particularly suited to our system. That factor alone is not necessarily preventing him from succeeding at this point. He looks unsure of himself - double-clutching, throwing late, tentative when he runs. Obviously, poor pass protection is not helping on that front. I couldn't tell from the horrible ESPN3 camera work if the Akron DBs were THAT good in coverage.

Thoughts?


I like lil Canada. He shows flashes of breaking tackles in the backfield and dumping off the ball to a receiver. I honestly think Akron's DB's covered very well. I do think he needs more confidence. Let us run more option plays with him because when Armani is in, it's obvious whats gonna happen. With Kurtis, it'll keep the defense second guessing on if he's gonna hand it off or keep. Gotta give Kurtis one thing though, when it comes to 2 min offense, he is excellent. He even broke off a long run last game against Crackron. I feel like for right now, it's a good problem to have a young QB that shows a lot of promise but still has times of inexperience.
Back to Top
  
Doc Bobcat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,791

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Does Rourke have naked pictures of somebody?
   Posted: 10/4/2021 7:08:22 PM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
Seems to me Rourke Jr. has regressed since last year. In a limited year with only three games I thought he showed some promise. He was inconsistent last year, but had a few throws that looked almost NFL good. This year he looks more like the backup QB at Athens High School. I don't think it's the OL, because when he does have time his throws are often not on target. He'll make two or three decent passes in a row, but then on a key down he'll sail a pass over the receiver's head. He's extremely inconsistent and seems unable to throw the ball upfield with any accuracy at all. Most of his completions are for short gains. I remember times on third down when he had open receivers downfield and he throws to a guy on a short route who is tackled a yard short of a first down. Maybe he's afraid to throw long because of a fear of an interception because he's not been accurate at that length. I don't know what the problem is; I just know there's a problem. He may still have the potential to be a great college QB, but he's not ready for primetime right now.


Iím with OCF on this one.

Harris may beat him out next year. He looks to be a better runner than Rourke and a better passer than Armani.

Donít get me wrong. Iím not worried about the QB position. I just think Rourke needs a little more seasoning.

I say Armani this year and Rourke and Harris competing next year.

Last Edited: 10/4/2021 7:15:55 PM by Doc Bobcat

Back to Top
  
BryanHall
General User

Member Since: 9/11/2010
Post Count: 260

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Does Rourke have naked pictures of somebody?
   Posted: 10/4/2021 10:15:03 PM 
I may differ from others in this forum but I don't think you can win a lot of games trying to run it down many teams' throats with Rodgers. It worked against Akron and probably would've won the Duquesne game. I don't think you can beat Buffalo, Kent and Miami being that one-dimensional. I just think the team needs to spread the field by passing more often to open it up for the run. I don't care if it is Rodgers, Rouke or Harris, The passing game is going to be needed and it is needed to spread the field for the running backs. I fully admit I may be wrong with this opinion.
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 7,425

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Does Rourke have naked pictures of somebody?
   Posted: 10/5/2021 9:33:48 AM 
BryanHall wrote:
I may differ from others in this forum but I don't think you can win a lot of games trying to run it down many teams' throats with Rodgers. It worked against Akron and probably would've won the Duquesne game. I don't think you can beat Buffalo, Kent and Miami being that one-dimensional. I just think the team needs to spread the field by passing more often to open it up for the run. I don't care if it is Rodgers, Rouke or Harris, The passing game is going to be needed and it is needed to spread the field for the running backs. I fully admit I may be wrong with this opinion.


Have you not read all the above analysis from the guru's. All we need to do is "Commit to running", and it's that easy! Not sure why it has taken so many coaches so long to figure that secret out!
Back to Top
  
CatsUp
General User

Member Since: 4/15/2019
Post Count: 417

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Does Rourke have naked pictures of somebody?
   Posted: 10/5/2021 10:33:39 AM 
In looking at Armaniís passing numbers at UNLV on ohiobobcats.com, prior to coming to Ohio, he wasnít Tom Brady but he wasnít Kareem Wilson either. Looks like he had two seasons over 1,400 yards passing and in one he had 18 TDs with only one interception. That would seem to indicate he is capable, and, for this non-expert and otherwise uninformed fan, raises some questions about his usage.
Back to Top
  
CatsUp
General User

Member Since: 4/15/2019
Post Count: 417

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Does Rourke have naked pictures of somebody?
   Posted: 10/5/2021 10:46:13 AM 
CatsUp wrote:
In looking at Armaniís passing numbers at UNLV on ohiobobcats.com, prior to coming to Ohio, he wasnít Tom Brady but he wasnít Kareem Wilson either. Looks like he had two seasons over 1,400 yards passing and in one he had 18 TDs with only one interception. That would seem to indicate he is capable, and, for this non-expert and otherwise uninformed fan, raises some questions about his usage.


Whoops! I guess I was looking at some high school numbers too. Still, he had 18 passing TDs total with UNLV.
Back to Top
  
UpSan Bobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/30/2005
Location: Upper Sandusky, OH
Post Count: 3,676

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Does Rourke have naked pictures of somebody?
   Posted: 10/5/2021 5:01:34 PM 
BryanHall wrote:
I may differ from others in this forum but I don't think you can win a lot of games trying to run it down many teams' throats with Rodgers. It worked against Akron and probably would've won the Duquesne game. I don't think you can beat Buffalo, Kent and Miami being that one-dimensional.


It's definitely not going to work against good teams with an offensive line that is playing third string guys because of injuries. I also agree that I'm not sure what the solution is. I'm still doubtful Rogers can throw it well enough to keep good defenses honest. It also seems at this point Rourke has major limitations.
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  26 - 42  of 42 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2
View Other 'Ohio Football' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             




Copyright ©2021 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties