Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Football
Topic:  RE: New parking policy

Topic:  RE: New parking policy
Author
Message
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 11,063

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: New parking policy
   Posted: 3/8/2021 8:36:20 PM 
colobobcat66 wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
colobobcat66 wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
Here's the graph with the CDC data on deaths from the vaccine. This is, of course, U.S. data only. The major point here is that weighing the relative risk it's much safer on an individual basis to get the vaccine than not get the vaccine. Further, I expect the death rate from the vaccine to go down as younger age cohorts begin to be vaccinated. So far the vast majority of vaccinations have been in the 65 and older age cohort. And, keep in mind that these stats are not just from immediate anaphylactic reactions but for anyone who died of natural causes within a few weeks of receiving the shot. So, some of these deaths were no doubt from other causes, but I this is how CDC makes these kinds of calculations. This chart only shows the reported cases through the VAERS reporting system. So, the 5 percent death figure here is just of reported cases. As I said, when you take this number and compare it to the total number of vaccinations the death rate is about .0023 percent not 5 percent. So as flawed as this system is, the CDC does the same for the seasonal flu shot. Therefore, we do have a fair A/B comparison.


This is totally bogus. These are deaths of people after they took a shot, not caused by the vaccine as you say. The not so fine print says specifically that there has been no deaths attributed to the vaccines based on autopsies,etc. included in their data base. I’m not crazy enough to think that they aren’t unreported deaths directly related to the vaccine, but the total number of deaths after taking the vaccine does not equal the numbers killed by the vaccine. You talk about making stuff up, “deaths from the vaccine” is way off base. Reading comprehension is a lost art I guess.


Your argument is with the CDC. That's the way they report these kind of things. It's very hard to get confirmed data so they report the data that they can get. Every flu season they estimate the number of flu deaths using something called "excess deaths" compared to previous years. It's a complicated formula, and it's not totally accurate, but it's what we got. In a given year other variables that they don't track could be at play and result in a statistical spike in "excess deaths, and, hence, in their estimate of influenza deaths.

That’s simply not true, they say in the article that there are no deaths that their data says support any deaths attributable to the vaccine -period,


You are probably referring to statement like this, from the CDC web site: "Over 76 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines were administered in the United States from December 14, 2020, through March 1, 2021. During this time, VAERS received 1,381 reports of death (0.0018%) among people who received a COVID-19 vaccine. CDC and FDA physicians review each case report of death as soon as notified and CDC requests medical records to further assess reports. A review of available clinical information including death certificates, autopsy, and medical records revealed no evidence that vaccination contributed to patient deaths. CDC and FDA will continue to investigate reports of adverse events, including deaths, reported to VAERS."

However, the review of autopsies, medical records, etc., is not at all rigorous at this time. They are just beginning the process, which will never be complete. In the meantime, the data in that graph that I posted is relevant. And, it is interesting that using the same data from the recent years for influenza shows a much greater safety profile -- something on the in the magnitude of .0023 to .0000265. In both cases deaths are rare; however, the influenza vaccine profile is significantly better? Why? Both have somewhat the same age profile as older folks usually get the influenza vaccine in greater numbers than younger people, and we haven't yet begun to vaccinate many young folks for COVID-19. So are more older people dying now within a month of being vaccinated for COVID-19 because of the vaccine itself, or because of other factors like poorer health because of isolation during the pandemic, poorer nutrition now than before, etc., etc? At this point no one knows the answer, but the question is a germane one that this data clearly highlights.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 11,063

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: New parking policy
   Posted: 3/9/2021 9:36:22 AM 
I made a few edits to my original statement to make it clearer. I think the confusion here is related to the difference between the CDC’s public statements meant to calm public fears of the vaccine, based on best take on their incomplete data, and their actual collection of data. The truth is we will probably never know completely how many of the post-shot deaths were actually due to the vaccination itself, but as I mentioned the higher number of deaths after the COVID vaccine compared to the influenza vaccine probably is worth further study. And, I suspect the CDC has a task force examining just that issue. Again, let me emphasize: though the difference is obviously statistically significant, the COVID-19 vaccines are still very safe when one weighs the relative risk of being vaccinated or not being vaccinated.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
Rbrat10
General User

Member Since: 12/15/2020
Location: Portsmouth, OH
Post Count: 26

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: New parking policy
   Posted: 4/14/2021 6:19:17 PM 
I became a season ticket holder in 2018, and I think the prices are extremely fair. Now, I use to go to a lot of big time" program games and they are forcing fans out with prices. Obviously OU games are not the same as going to a Penn State, Michigan or ND game, and that's one reason why I love it more. It's fun going to Peden and not breaking the bank to do so.


#OUOHYEAH

Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 7,642

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: New parking policy
   Posted: 4/14/2021 6:36:07 PM 
Rbrat10 wrote:
I became a season ticket holder in 2018, and I think the prices are extremely fair. Now, I use to go to a lot of big time" program games and they are forcing fans out with prices. Obviously OU games are not the same as going to a Penn State, Michigan or ND game, and that's one reason why I love it more. It's fun going to Peden and not breaking the bank to do so.


Agreed, and it's only going to get worse at the big guys since most, if not all, are going to demand-based pricing for games. Prices go up as more tickets are sold. And you're right, Peden is more fun. I went to the Shoe about 20 years ago for a Toledo-O$U game and it was miserable. Had to park way up by Ackerman and walk; seats were in the mezzanine level, so it was cramped and claustrophobic. Peden is open with the hills on the south end and the campus to the north and is just more pleasant.


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
SBH
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 2,620

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: New parking policy
   Posted: 4/15/2021 7:15:52 AM 
Rbrat10 wrote:
I became a season ticket holder in 2018, and I think the prices are extremely fair. Now, I use to go to a lot of big time" program games and they are forcing fans out with prices. Obviously OU games are not the same as going to a Penn State, Michigan or ND game, and that's one reason why I love it more. It's fun going to Peden and not breaking the bank to do so.


My first ever +1.
Back to Top
  
Ohio69
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 2,780

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: New parking policy
   Posted: 4/16/2021 6:00:48 PM 
SBH wrote:
Rbrat10 wrote:
I became a season ticket holder in 2018, and I think the prices are extremely fair. Now, I use to go to a lot of big time" program games and they are forcing fans out with prices. Obviously OU games are not the same as going to a Penn State, Michigan or ND game, and that's one reason why I love it more. It's fun going to Peden and not breaking the bank to do so.


My first ever +1.


Amen!


Can somebody hit a pull up jumper for me?.....

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  51 - 56  of 56 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3
View Other 'Ohio Football' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



Copyright ©2021 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties