Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Football
Topic:  TOS to Michigan St.

Topic:  TOS to Michigan St.
Author
Message
Ted Thompson
Administrator



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: MAC Play
Post Count: 6,300

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  TOS to Michigan St.
   Posted: 2/4/2020 2:54:00 PM 

Strange timing.


Follow Ohio Football recruiting on the BobcatAttack.com football recruiting database.

Back to Top
  
Bobcatboy5
General User

Member Since: 6/14/2017
Post Count: 165

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: TOS to Michigan St.
   Posted: 2/4/2020 3:21:41 PM 
Right after a big bonus lol
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 10,542

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: TOS to Michigan St.
   Posted: 2/4/2020 3:36:17 PM 
Where will he go after he takes the Solich-like year off to rejuvenate and evaluate?


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
Mike Coleman
Administrator



Member Since: 12/21/2004
Location: Near the Pristine Sandy Shores of Lake Erie, OH
Post Count: 1,190

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: TOS to Michigan St.
   Posted: 2/4/2020 4:00:37 PM 
TOS to Pitt or UC?
Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: 69.5 miles from Peden Stadium
Post Count: 6,757

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: TOS to Michigan St.
   Posted: 2/4/2020 4:02:43 PM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
Where will he go after he takes the Solich-like year off to rejuvenate and evaluate?


This may be why he's leaving: https://www.mlive.com/spartans/2020/02/lawsuit-alleges-ma...

If true, he won't get a Solich-like opportunity. My guess is he'll be doing color for Fox/B10 net for a couple years then sell cars in the Lansing area.


Actually, the phrase is "Ohio on the Charles."

Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 10,542

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: TOS to Michigan St.
   Posted: 2/4/2020 4:53:07 PM 
Interesting post, Pataskala. I know things are rotten at MSU, so I'm not at all surprised. From that article, I get the sense that nobody here is actually telling the "whole truth."


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
cbus cat fan
General User

Member Since: 12/2/2011
Post Count: 898

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: TOS to Michigan St.
   Posted: 2/4/2020 8:01:42 PM 
Pataskala wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
Where will he go after he takes the Solich-like year off to rejuvenate and evaluate?


This may be why he's leaving: https://www.mlive.com/spartans/2020/02/lawsuit-alleges-ma...

If true, he won't get a Solich-like opportunity. My guess is he'll be doing color for Fox/B10 net for a couple years then sell cars in the Lansing area.


If any Big Ten coach like Coach Dantonio has to sell cars after making several million dollars a year for the last few years, well someone has a spending problem. If a MAC coach in his 60s has to sell cars, I would say the same thing, even though he makes a fraction of what a Big Ten coach makes.

How times have changed as late as the 60s and 70s, athletes and coaches would work jobs in the off season to help them through financially (often doing promos for menswear shops and or sporting goods stores.) Those days are long gone.
Back to Top
  
BryanHall
General User

Member Since: 9/11/2010
Post Count: 177

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: TOS to Michigan St.
   Posted: 2/4/2020 8:41:10 PM 
cbus cat fan wrote:
Pataskala wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
Where will he go after he takes the Solich-like year off to rejuvenate and evaluate?


This may be why he's leaving: https://www.mlive.com/spartans/2020/02/lawsuit-alleges-ma...

If true, he won't get a Solich-like opportunity. My guess is he'll be doing color for Fox/B10 net for a couple years then sell cars in the Lansing area.


If any Big Ten coach like Coach Dantonio has to sell cars after making several million dollars a year for the last few years, well someone has a spending problem. If a MAC coach in his 60s has to sell cars, I would say the same thing, even though he makes a fraction of what a Big Ten coach makes.

How times have changed as late as the 60s and 70s, athletes and coaches would work jobs in the off season to help them through financially (often doing promos for menswear shops and or sporting goods stores.) Those days are long gone.


I would say the same, but there are exceptions. For example, Bruce Pearl became a marketing guy for a grocery supply company after his UT career was ended.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bruce-pearl-marketing-2011-8
Back to Top
  
cbus cat fan
General User

Member Since: 12/2/2011
Post Count: 898

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: TOS to Michigan St.
   Posted: 2/12/2020 9:32:06 AM 
The search is over Mel Tucker of Colorado has taken the job, something I am somewhat surprised by since I think he had a good thing going at Colorado. There's some choppy waters to navigate in East Lansing, while I though he had things pointed in the right direction at Boulder. Time will tell.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state... /

Last Edited: 2/12/2020 9:40:35 AM by cbus cat fan

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 9  of 9 Posts
Jump to Page:  1
View Other 'Ohio Football' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



Copyright ©2020 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties