Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Football
Topic:  RE: Bowl picture (11/23)

Topic:  RE: Bowl picture (11/23)
Author
Message
colobobcat66
General User

Member Since: 9/1/2006
Location: Watching the bobcats run outside my window., CO
Post Count: 3,350

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bowl picture (11/23)
   Posted: 11/29/2019 5:46:27 PM 
Nebraska out
Back to Top
  
Victory
General User

Member Since: 3/10/2012
Post Count: 688

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bowl picture (11/23)
   Posted: 11/29/2019 5:48:07 PM 
colobobcat66 wrote:
Nebraska out


We dodged a bullet.
Back to Top
  
Victory
General User

Member Since: 3/10/2012
Post Count: 688

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bowl picture (11/23)
   Posted: 11/29/2019 5:52:46 PM 
The biggest key now is for Boston College to not pull off a minor upset against Pitt and then that there are no major upsets like Oregon St. beating Oregon. WVU pulling off a minor upset against TCU would be helpful. It is 10-10 right now.

Last Edited: 11/29/2019 6:09:22 PM by Victory

Back to Top
  
bshot44
General User



Member Since: 2/12/2012
Post Count: 2,096

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bowl picture (11/23)
   Posted: 11/29/2019 5:56:26 PM 
Bobcat1996 wrote:
bshot44 wrote:


"So if Ohio goes 7-6 and wins another meaningless bowl game ... would this season suddenly be deemed a success?

Bowl games get less and less meaningful each year.

A 6-6 team beating a unmotivated 8-4 team ... is that really something so great?

I think it's great for the players to get one more chance to play a game, the bowl experience and everything that comes along with it.

But as a fan ... it's hard to get excited about another season of high hopes ending in disappointment and then trying to get hyped for a game that might as well be a scrimmage because you don't know A) who cares to even be there and B) who is even going to play because of NFL draft stock

It's a broken system ... obviously. When you have 78 bowls teams that most are barely a game or two over .500 is a bowl really a "reward"?

An Armed Forces Bowl win over Utah State isn't going to suddenly make 2019 a great season? I hope people can see that "


bshot- I would suggest that nobody is forcing you to watch Ohio if they end up in a bowl game. "Who cares to even be there?" Ask the players who would love to play one more game for the green and white? Many fans just enjoy watching Ohio play a football game one more time this season. Would you ask the same question to Bobcat basketball fans who enjoy watching Ohio play Rio Grande, Heidelberg or Wilberforce? Many Ohio supporters who follow Bobcat athletic programs enjoy watching their favorite school perform no matter what the occasion.


You are totally missing the context of my post ...

I didn't say anything about fans. It's about the players. Re-read what I posted ... and then go back and watch last year's bowl game vs. SD State and tell me the Aztec football players were excited to be there?

They couldn't have look less excited if they tried ...

Lost 3 straight to end the regular season, pissed away the MWC championship and then leave sunny, beautiful San Diego to go play a MAC school that I'm guessing most players on the SDSU roster probably had never even heard of in suburban Dallas in the cold, rainy weather.

I think that would check my "A)" box in the previous post. SD State didn't care to be there.

To further respond to your comment ... as a fan, I was at that game ... along with the 500 other folks who braved the elements. It was a horrible environment ... as bad as any midweek MACtion garbage. Still enjoyed my trip ... saw an Ohio win and had fun with friends.

I'm already looking into options if Ohio is fortunate to make the Boca Raton Bowl (they're due in the rotation ... so I'm crossing my fingers)

So again, I think you misunderstood my comments ... it was not directed toward fans. It was towards the product on the field. A lot of teams that "earn" bowl bids have zero interest in being there ... especially when they are lower tier'd bowl games with P5 schools. I know every situation is unique .... but it's a lot like an NCAA tourney bubble team playing in the NIT ... a lot of times, they just aren't motivated to be there. Just look at how many players sit out the games because of NFL draft stuff.

When bowl games actually meant something ... and were a true reward for a good season, almost all teams were engaged and excited to be there. I really don't think that's the case any more with the watered down bowl system.

I welcome another game ... especially to see Rourke one more time. But the result will do nothing to dampen the disappointment of the season. It was another year of high hopes that fell short. A microcosm of the recent Solich era. I'll take 9-4 or 8-5 year and a MAC title and a 77-0 bowl loss rather than a 6-6 wet blanket season capped with a 100-0 Dollar General Bowl win.
Back to Top
  
OUbobcat9092
General User

Member Since: 12/28/2004
Post Count: 909

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bowl picture (11/23)
   Posted: 11/29/2019 5:56:41 PM 
Mississippi St. - IN
Kent State - IN
Michigan St - (likely in)
Liberty - (likely in)
N Carolina - (likely in)
TX Christian - (likely in)
Boston Coll - (likely out)
Troy - (likely out)
Oregon St. - (likely out)
LA Monroe - (likely out)
Colorado - (likely out)
Army - OUT
Missouri - OUT
Nebraska - OUT

Last Edited: 11/29/2019 5:57:48 PM by OUbobcat9092


Bring Back Men's Track & Field

Back to Top
  
colobobcat66
General User

Member Since: 9/1/2006
Location: Watching the bobcats run outside my window., CO
Post Count: 3,350

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bowl picture (11/23)
   Posted: 11/29/2019 7:26:41 PM 
Looks like TCU is out
Maybe

Last Edited: 11/29/2019 7:29:41 PM by colobobcat66

Back to Top
  
Victory
General User

Member Since: 3/10/2012
Post Count: 688

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bowl picture (11/23)
   Posted: 11/29/2019 7:36:05 PM 
colobobcat66 wrote:
Looks like TCU is out
Maybe


That's big. If Mississippi had not given their comeback away then the chance of a 5-7 team playing would start to look somewhat realistic.

It isn't as important because we would be in the hunt for some of the same open slots with them, instead of behind them, but Troy is down 3 TDs to Appy at the half. That's becoming one less upset to worry about.

Last Edited: 11/29/2019 7:39:34 PM by Victory

Back to Top
  
ohio9704
General User

Member Since: 2/11/2006
Post Count: 1,251

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bowl picture (11/23)
   Posted: 11/29/2019 7:45:48 PM 
Cant Army win tonight in the islands and in two weeks against Navy and be in?
Back to Top
  
Victory
General User

Member Since: 3/10/2012
Post Count: 688

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bowl picture (11/23)
   Posted: 11/29/2019 7:47:51 PM 
Assuming that Army cannot get a bowl, and I have not read a definitive statement on that, and Troy doesn't have a miracle comeback, then we are still 3 slots short of all bowl slots being filled with 7 teams left to play.

According to teamrankings:

Michigan St 89.40%
Liberty 88.90%
N Carolina 72.00%
Boston Col 34.10%
Oregon St 4.10%
LA Monroe 3.10%
Colorado 2.50%

This only adds up to about exactly 3 additional wins. Root hard against BC and hope for no major upsets and then we should be fine.

Last Edited: 11/29/2019 8:00:16 PM by Victory

Back to Top
  
Victory
General User

Member Since: 3/10/2012
Post Count: 688

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bowl picture (11/23)
   Posted: 11/29/2019 7:58:41 PM 
ohio9704 wrote:
Cant Army win tonight in the islands and in two weeks against Navy and be in?


Nobody has found a clear answer on this. I remember when the Army v. Navy game got moved to December they said that they forfeited their chance if they entered 6-5 since the game was played after bowl selection Sunday. Maybe this has changed. Then you might have announced Sunday a bowl slot that says "Army or Ohio".

I doubt that this will happen because there is such a limited window for most of the G5 bowls for travel plans. Maybe they try this with the Birmingham Bowl or Armed Forces Bowl as they might open slots for January games.

Back to Top
  
OUbobcat9092
General User

Member Since: 12/28/2004
Post Count: 909

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bowl picture (11/23)
   Posted: 11/29/2019 8:18:08 PM 
Mississippi St. - IN
Kent State - IN

Michigan St - (likely in)
Liberty - (likely in)
N Carolina - (likely in)

Boston Coll - (likely out)
Troy - (likely out)
Oregon St. - (likely out)
LA Monroe - (likely out)
Colorado - (likely out)

Troy - Out
Tx Christian - Out
Army - OUT
Missouri - OUT
Nebraska - OUT


Bring Back Men's Track & Field

Back to Top
  
OUbobcat9092
General User

Member Since: 12/28/2004
Post Count: 909

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bowl picture (11/23)
   Posted: 11/29/2019 8:28:03 PM 
ohio9704 wrote:
Cant Army win tonight in the islands and in two weeks against Navy and be in?


Army cannot get to bowl eligible, even if they win both. They have 5 wins currently, two of which are over non-FBS teams (so really 4 wins - can only count 1).

They have two games left, win both and Army would get to 6 wins - which normally would get you to bowl eligible - except when you play 13 games in the season, then you need to win 7 games.


Bring Back Men's Track & Field

Back to Top
  
OUbobcat9092
General User

Member Since: 12/28/2004
Post Count: 909

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bowl picture (11/23)
   Posted: 11/29/2019 8:30:47 PM 
OUbobcat9092 wrote:
Mississippi St. - IN
Kent State - IN

Michigan St - (likely in)
Liberty - (likely in)
N Carolina - (likely in)

Boston Coll - (likely out)
Troy - (likely out)
Oregon St. - (likely out)
LA Monroe - (likely out)
Colorado - (likely out)

Troy - Out
Tx Christian - Out
Army - OUT
Missouri - OUT
Nebraska - OUT


If all 3 of the favorites above (likely in) win, then we would have exactly 78 bowl eligible teams...for 78 slots.

The MAC could have all 8 of their bowl-eligible teams play in a bowl!


Bring Back Men's Track & Field

Back to Top
  
Victory
General User

Member Since: 3/10/2012
Post Count: 688

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bowl picture (11/23)
   Posted: 11/29/2019 8:34:17 PM 
OUbobcat9092 wrote:
ohio9704 wrote:
Cant Army win tonight in the islands and in two weeks against Navy and be in?


Army cannot get to bowl eligible, even if they win both. They have 5 wins currently, two of which are over non-FBS teams (so really 4 wins - can only count 1).

They have two games left, win both and Army would get to 6 wins - which normally would get you to bowl eligible - except when you play 13 games in the season, then you need to win 7 games.


Again, there is no definitive answer to be found but if the rules are in any way sane a team that plays 13 games with two games against FCS teams should be eligible with 7 wins. Just throw out one of the wins vs an FCS team then you have six wins in 12 with one FCS win. You should not be hurt simply by having an extra FCS win compared to most 6-6 eligible teams. Why would having one extra win be harmful? If that is the rule then it is absolutely crazy.
Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: 69.5 miles from Peden Stadium
Post Count: 6,679

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bowl picture (11/23)
   Posted: 11/29/2019 8:35:10 PM 
At the moment there are 75 teams in with another nine still in the running, assuming that Troy doesn't make a huge comeback. The MAC has four teams with 7+ wins (CMU, Fiami, WMU and Buffalo) so they're locks for one of the MAC's five slots.


Actually, the phrase is "Ohio on the Charles."

Back to Top
  
OUbobcat9092
General User

Member Since: 12/28/2004
Post Count: 909

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bowl picture (11/23)
   Posted: 11/29/2019 8:55:07 PM 
Victory wrote:
OUbobcat9092 wrote:
ohio9704 wrote:
Cant Army win tonight in the islands and in two weeks against Navy and be in?


Army cannot get to bowl eligible, even if they win both. They have 5 wins currently, two of which are over non-FBS teams (so really 4 wins - can only count 1).

They have two games left, win both and Army would get to 6 wins - which normally would get you to bowl eligible - except when you play 13 games in the season, then you need to win 7 games.


Again, there is no definitive answer to be found but if the rules are in any way sane a team that plays 13 games with two games against FCS teams should be eligible with 7 wins. Just throw out one of the wins vs an FCS team then you have six wins in 12 with one FCS win. You should not be hurt simply by having an extra FCS win compared to most 6-6 eligible teams. Why would having one extra win be harmful? If that is the rule then it is absolutely crazy.


Not gonna matter anyway after Army loses BOTH of their remaining games...


Bring Back Men's Track & Field

Back to Top
  
Bobcat1996
General User

Member Since: 1/2/2017
Post Count: 321

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bowl picture (11/23)
   Posted: 11/29/2019 9:02:55 PM 
Doesn't the MAC have five bowl tie-ins? Central, Miami, Buffalo and Western all have 7 or more wins. Ohio along with Toledo, Eastern and Kent have six wins. Maybe I am wrong, but the Bobcats would probably be in line for that 5th MAC bowl tie in. #1 The Bobcats have been the only MAC team to win a bowl game the past two seasons. #2 Ohio has Frank and the top QB in the conference. #3 Toledo is on a three game skid and has been blown out two of those games. And also Bshot what do you call Heidelberg, Wilbenforce and Rio? I would call them scrimmages, even though the Bobcats count them as regular season games. Many of us fans enjoy watching those games and I am certain the players enjoy competing no matter what the competition. Like you and all the other fans, I am not satisfied with the record this season, but I do hope this football team gets another chance to play a game. I also hope if Ohio's basketball teams do not win the MAC tournament, that they get an opportunity to play in the post season, even if it is the CBI, WNIT or some other not so popular tournament.

Last Edited: 11/29/2019 9:10:53 PM by Bobcat1996

Back to Top
  
Uncle Wes
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Post Count: 3,942

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bowl picture (11/23)
   Posted: 11/29/2019 9:41:53 PM 
Victory wrote:

The MAC is regarded by many as the worst conference this year though CUSA might be just as bad. But, I doubt that we are getting in ahead of of the Tulanes and Utah States that might be out there who have played better schedules.


It doesn't work that way. The bowl commmittes look for matchup. Conferences cant play themselves (MWC did it once) so that helps when the MAC has 3 surplus teams. That the MAC finished last this year in the conference ratings doesnt matter to the bowl committees.


Bobcat Sustainability
2018 Quentin Poling, 7th Round (Miami Dolphins)
2017 Tarell Basham, 3rd Round (Indianapolis Colts)
2017 Blair Brown, 5th Round (Jacksonville Jaguars)
2014 Travis Carrie, 7th Round (Oakland Raiders)
2013 Eric Herman, 7th Round (New York Giants)
2012 LaVon Brazil, 6th Round (Indianapolis Colts)
2010 Taylor Price, 3rd Round (NE Patriots)
2009 Mike Mitchell, 2nd Round (Oakland Raiders)
2008 Landon Cohen, 7th Round (Detroit Lions)

Back to Top
  
colobobcat66
General User

Member Since: 9/1/2006
Location: Watching the bobcats run outside my window., CO
Post Count: 3,350

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bowl picture (11/23)
   Posted: 11/29/2019 10:05:36 PM 
And to think that next year there will be 4 more bowls.
Back to Top
  
Victory
General User

Member Since: 3/10/2012
Post Count: 688

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bowl picture (11/23)
   Posted: 11/29/2019 10:30:24 PM 
Uncle Wes wrote:
Victory wrote:

The MAC is regarded by many as the worst conference this year though CUSA might be just as bad. But, I doubt that we are getting in ahead of of the Tulanes and Utah States that might be out there who have played better schedules.


It doesn't work that way. The bowl commmittes look for matchup. Conferences cant play themselves (MWC did it once) so that helps when the MAC has 3 surplus teams. That the MAC finished last this year in the conference ratings doesnt matter to the bowl committees.


It pretty much is going to work like that. Because what we are talking about at 6-6 is hoping that there are a whole bunch of unfilled P5 slots to have a good chance. There is no chance that ALL of those open slots will be against other American teams or other MWC teams. Thus, as we are one of the most undesirable teams, they will get a call before we do and leave one less spot open for the other 6-6 teams. As they went 6-6 against tougher schedules they are considered to be better and likely matchup better than us against the other team. If, say, Our QB was a nationally known quantity and people knew of him and wanted to see him play or if, say, we had a big national fan base, that we are considered one of the very weakest eligible teams might not matter.

Yeah, I get it. In most years when only a handful of bowls have open slots, WHICH bowls have them, WHO the other signed team is, and WHAT secondary bowl contracts there are are important to which team can get the bid.

What we are talking about THIS year to have a chance is hoping that there are a huge number of open slots coming free and that there are only 78-80 teams eligible. If THAT turns out to be the case, and it sure looks like it will be, then the bowls have NO CHOICE but to take nearly every eligible team and that the bowls will have to call teams at the very bottom of their desirability lists to fill the open slots because there are no other eligible teams available.

Last Edited: 11/29/2019 10:44:26 PM by Victory

Back to Top
  
UpSan Bobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/30/2005
Location: Upper Sandusky, OH
Post Count: 3,354

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bowl picture (11/23)
   Posted: 11/29/2019 10:57:25 PM 
Bobcat1996 wrote:
Doesn't the MAC have five bowl tie-ins? Central, Miami, Buffalo and Western all have 7 or more wins. Ohio along with Toledo, Eastern and Kent have six wins. Maybe I am wrong, but the Bobcats would probably be in line for that 5th MAC bowl tie in. #1 The Bobcats have been the only MAC team to win a bowl game the past two seasons. #2 Ohio has Frank and the top QB in the conference. #3 Toledo is on a three game skid and has been blown out two of those games. And also Bshot what do you call Heidelberg, Wilbenforce and Rio? I would call them scrimmages, even though the Bobcats count them as regular season games. Many of us fans enjoy watching those games and I am certain the players enjoy competing no matter what the competition. Like you and all the other fans, I am not satisfied with the record this season, but I do hope this football team gets another chance to play a game. I also hope if Ohio's basketball teams do not win the MAC tournament, that they get an opportunity to play in the post season, even if it is the CBI, WNIT or some other not so popular tournament.


This is exactly right. The MAC has at least five bowl slots, probably six, or even more, depending on how many other conferences don't fill out their obligations. How can Ohio not be in the top five or six to get a bowl? I'd think Ohio was the fourth-most desirable team team to put in a bowl.

It was a disappointing season. Ultimately, as usual, it came down to one game or even one play, from the possibility of being awesome. No fumble on the opening drive, and Ohio probably beats Miami. If the deflected third-down pass doesn't wind up in the Miami receiver's hands just before he went out of bounds, Ohio probably wins. If the field goal comes down another yard short, Ohio has a great shot at winning. Had Ohio won that one game, it would be in the MAC championship game with a good chance at winning. It sucks that nothing seems to ever break the Bobcats' way, but these guys, especially Rourke, have been awesome, and I'd like to see them one more time.
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 5,644

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bowl picture (11/23)
   Posted: 11/30/2019 1:26:15 AM 
Victory wrote:
colobobcat66 wrote:
Nebraska out


We dodged a bullet.


We dodged no bullet, Nebraska is just flat out not very good.
Back to Top
  
Uncle Wes
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Post Count: 3,942

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bowl picture (11/23)
   Posted: 11/30/2019 3:24:33 AM 
Victory wrote:
Uncle Wes wrote:
Victory wrote:

The MAC is regarded by many as the worst conference this year though CUSA might be just as bad. But, I doubt that we are getting in ahead of of the Tulanes and Utah States that might be out there who have played better schedules.


It doesn't work that way. The bowl commmittes look for matchup. Conferences cant play themselves (MWC did it once) so that helps when the MAC has 3 surplus teams. That the MAC finished last this year in the conference ratings doesnt matter to the bowl committees.


It pretty much is going to work like that. Because what we are talking about at 6-6 is hoping that there are a whole bunch of unfilled P5 slots to have a good chance. There is no chance that ALL of those open slots will be against other American teams or other MWC teams. Thus, as we are one of the most undesirable teams, they will get a call before we do and leave one less spot open for the other 6-6 teams. As they went 6-6 against tougher schedules


The P5 is going to get placed first over the surplus G5. After that the fact that the SBC and MWC had better seasons than the MAC which they did has zero weight on bowl selections aside from maybe have teams with more wins to offer the bowls. They dont look at the average performance of the SBC, MWC and MAC and draw conclusions that way which is what you are stating here.

They'll look instead at it on a team by team basis. Team A won 10 games. Team B is a classic 7 win team with a couple of good conference wins ect. The last team out will not necessarily be a MAC team regardless a weak season for the conference nationally. It depends where the openings are located too.


Bobcat Sustainability
2018 Quentin Poling, 7th Round (Miami Dolphins)
2017 Tarell Basham, 3rd Round (Indianapolis Colts)
2017 Blair Brown, 5th Round (Jacksonville Jaguars)
2014 Travis Carrie, 7th Round (Oakland Raiders)
2013 Eric Herman, 7th Round (New York Giants)
2012 LaVon Brazil, 6th Round (Indianapolis Colts)
2010 Taylor Price, 3rd Round (NE Patriots)
2009 Mike Mitchell, 2nd Round (Oakland Raiders)
2008 Landon Cohen, 7th Round (Detroit Lions)

Back to Top
  
Deciduous Forest Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Ohio
Post Count: 3,613

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bowl picture (11/23)
   Posted: 11/30/2019 9:29:57 AM 
bshot44 wrote:
[QUOTE=Bobcat1996] bshot44 wrote:



When bowl games actually meant something ... and were a true reward for a good season, almost all teams were engaged and excited to be there. I really don't think that's the case any more with the watered down bowl system.



When bowl games actually meant something? can you explain when this was? This is as big a farce as "responsible gun ownership" and "you look great in that fedora, hipster".

6-6 and 6-5 teams have been going to bowls for decades. that was also when 10-1 and 9-2 teams were left home. Whatever your argument against a bowl game is, "it was so much better in the old days" is not a good one.

Back to Top
  
Sam bobcat
General User

Member Since: 7/14/2015
Post Count: 626

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bowl picture (11/23)
   Posted: 11/30/2019 11:57:27 AM 
bshot44 wrote:
Bobcat1996 wrote:
bshot44 wrote:


"So if Ohio goes 7-6 and wins another meaningless bowl game ... would this season suddenly be deemed a success?

Bowl games get less and less meaningful each year.

A 6-6 team beating a unmotivated 8-4 team ... is that really something so great?

I think it's great for the players to get one more chance to play a game, the bowl experience and everything that comes along with it.

But as a fan ... it's hard to get excited about another season of high hopes ending in disappointment and then trying to get hyped for a game that might as well be a scrimmage because you don't know A) who cares to even be there and B) who is even going to play because of NFL draft stock

It's a broken system ... obviously. When you have 78 bowls teams that most are barely a game or two over .500 is a bowl really a "reward"?

An Armed Forces Bowl win over Utah State isn't going to suddenly make 2019 a great season? I hope people can see that "


bshot- I would suggest that nobody is forcing you to watch Ohio if they end up in a bowl game. "Who cares to even be there?" Ask the players who would love to play one more game for the green and white? Many fans just enjoy watching Ohio play a football game one more time this season. Would you ask the same question to Bobcat basketball fans who enjoy watching Ohio play Rio Grande, Heidelberg or Wilberforce? Many Ohio supporters who follow Bobcat athletic programs enjoy watching their favorite school perform no matter what the occasion.


You are totally missing the context of my post ...

I didn't say anything about fans. It's about the players. Re-read what I posted ... and then go back and watch last year's bowl game vs. SD State and tell me the Aztec football players were excited to be there?

They couldn't have look less excited if they tried ...

Lost 3 straight to end the regular season, pissed away the MWC championship and then leave sunny, beautiful San Diego to go play a MAC school that I'm guessing most players on the SDSU roster probably had never even heard of in suburban Dallas in the cold, rainy weather.

I think that would check my "A)" box in the previous post. SD State didn't care to be there.

To further respond to your comment ... as a fan, I was at that game ... along with the 500 other folks who braved the elements. It was a horrible environment ... as bad as any midweek MACtion garbage. Still enjoyed my trip ... saw an Ohio win and had fun with friends.

I'm already looking into options if Ohio is fortunate to make the Boca Raton Bowl (they're due in the rotation ... so I'm crossing my fingers)

So again, I think you misunderstood my comments ... it was not directed toward fans. It was towards the product on the field. A lot of teams that "earn" bowl bids have zero interest in being there ... especially when they are lower tier'd bowl games with P5 schools. I know every situation is unique .... but it's a lot like an NCAA tourney bubble team playing in the NIT ... a lot of times, they just aren't motivated to be there. Just look at how many players sit out the games because of NFL draft stuff.

When bowl games actually meant something ... and were a true reward for a good season, almost all teams were engaged and excited to be there. I really don't think that's the case any more with the watered down bowl system.

I welcome another game ... especially to see Rourke one more time. But the result will do nothing to dampen the disappointment of the season. It was another year of high hopes that fell short. A microcosm of the recent Solich era. I'll take 9-4 or 8-5 year and a MAC title and a 77-0 bowl loss rather than a 6-6 wet blanket season capped with a 100-0 Dollar General Bowl win.

In other words...you just love to complain. A lot.
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  51 - 75  of 96 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Football' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



Copyright ©2019 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties