Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
General Ohio University Discussion/Alumni Events
Topic:  RE: NCAA scraps all D3 championship tournaments for 2021

Topic:  RE: NCAA scraps all D3 championship tournaments for 2021
Author
Message
ohiocatfan1
General User

Member Since: 9/6/2016
Post Count: 164

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: NCAA scraps all D3 championship tournaments for 2021
   Posted: 2/9/2021 12:45:23 PM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
ohiocatfan1 wrote:
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
ohiocatfan1 wrote:
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
ohiocatfan1 wrote:


Yes we are in agreement. The National Institute of Health and CDC exist for this very situation and failed miserably.



As did the leaders of the federal government who are in a position to give the CDC and NIH the resources they need to succeed, and failed to do so.

Many, many people abdicated their responsibilities, and the impact -- both in terms of lives lost, and the economic impact -- was far, far worse than it should have been.


Again on that we agree. Even worse, in terms of the economic impact, those making the decisions have not suffered in the least. Mandates and orders don't impact their financial lives at all. Their taxpayer financed paychecks have continued unabated.



That elected officials are still getting paid isn't "even worse." There's far worse things in this situation than elected officials getting their paychecks.



As you can see I said in terms of the economic impact. It can't go unnoticed that those whose paychecks are still rolling in have small town bars & restaurants operating at 1/2 capacity along with other restrictions. I think it's easier to make those decisions when it's not their families they're feeding with those businesses.



Yes, I read what you said. It still doesn't strike me as "even worse." The worst thing is that many, many people lost jobs and entire industries remain seriously damaged. That politicians are still getting paychecks ranks nowhere near the top of injustices here.

And I get you think restaurants could be at full capacity. We disagree on that.

To me, one of the many failures is that government's inability to protect the income of those employed by industry's harmed. It's not a solely binary choice of "open up public spaces 100%" or not. There's a huge middle ground. The government has the resources and capability to protect those business and their employees.


Agreed. The financial impact on certain industries, and the individuals they employ(ed), has been horrendous. If government is going to shutdown or impede a legitimate business in some way provisions need to be made. Does the Ohio rainy day fund still contain 2.7 billion? If propping up businesses and industries that have demolished by this doesn't qualify as a "rainy day" what does?

Last Edited: 2/9/2021 12:56:00 PM by ohiocatfan1

Back to Top
  
GraffZ06
General User



Member Since: 1/5/2005
Location: Dayton, OH
Post Count: 743

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: NCAA scraps all D3 championship tournaments for 2021
   Posted: 2/9/2021 3:39:17 PM 
JSF wrote:
GraffZ06 wrote:
JSF wrote:
GraffZ06 wrote:
What's the mortality rate of healthy active 18-22 year olds again? Asking for a friend.

Maybe they should have pinky-sworn they would have double masked. And got the vaccine. And then they could buy some COVID offsets like they do with carbon offsets. You know, for every player who participates in intercollegiate athletics the university promises to keep another student locked in their basement. For safety.

But it's only 14 days to slow the spread. Or was it 100 days of masks?

Maybe the NCAA should take a cue from our esteemed governor. He claims the curfew has helped the numbers. COVID is nothing if not a nocturnal monster after all. If they would have just only played MORNING games - and made everybody stay really low to the ground as if you're sitting at a restaurant where the monster can't see you. Silly NCAA.


When your life philosophy is to be as wrong as possible as loudly as possible.


Ah yes, I forgot to check with social media before forming my thoughts or opinions. Welcome to Amerika. Home of #WrongThink and proud of it.



I'd suggest checking with something that actually would educate you.



Exactly my point. I haven't been on social media in years.
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,947

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: NCAA scraps all D3 championship tournaments for 2021
   Posted: 2/9/2021 3:41:58 PM 
ohiocatfan1 wrote:
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
ohiocatfan1 wrote:

This entire thing is a calamitous joke.



Finally, we're in agreement.

I completely, 100% agree that the pandemic that's killed 400,000 people thank, largely, to incompetent leadership and shitty planning and infrastructure, has been a calamitous joke.



Yes we are in agreement. The National Institute of Health and CDC exist for this very situation and failed miserably.



Wow! No the administration that placed idiots at the helm failed miserably
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,947

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: NCAA scraps all D3 championship tournaments for 2021
   Posted: 2/9/2021 3:47:01 PM 
The Ohio Rainy day fund is being spent on Covid. Ohiocatfan1, Iím curious as to why you were not part of Meal Team 6 or the Gravy seals when they stormed the Capitol when they tried to fix the government.
Back to Top
  
ohiocatfan1
General User

Member Since: 9/6/2016
Post Count: 164

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: NCAA scraps all D3 championship tournaments for 2021
   Posted: 2/9/2021 3:57:10 PM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
The Ohio Rainy day fund is being spent on Covid. Ohiocatfan1, Iím curious as to why you were not part of Meal Team 6 or the Gravy seals when they stormed the Capitol when they tried to fix the government.


Being spend on Covid? ok. The destruction of untold numbers of businesses is not a legitimate Covid expenditure?
Back to Top
  
PhiTau74
General User

Member Since: 8/6/2010
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Count: 437

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: NCAA scraps all D3 championship tournaments for 2021
   Posted: 2/9/2021 5:00:27 PM 
Correct, 8 years of Obama did screw up govít, leadership and infrastructure.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 1,923

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: NCAA scraps all D3 championship tournaments for 2021
   Posted: 2/9/2021 7:42:38 PM 
PhiTau74 wrote:
Correct, 8 years of Obama did screw up govít, leadership and infrastructure.


The party of personal responsibility strikes again.

But let's imagine for a minute where what you're saying here isn't just blind partisanship, and let's say that the US's etter failure on Covid was the result of the Obama administration screwing up key infrastructure.

How utterly stupid does that make Donald Trump. Dude ran a campaign insisting he'd handled Covid perfectly, and declared victory over Covid in April. Why do that when you can just point to the evidence that this whole thing was the Obama administration's fault in an election against a. . .member of the Obama administration.

If what you say is true, Trump is very, very, very dumb.

Last Edited: 2/9/2021 7:53:53 PM by Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame

Back to Top
  
JSF
General User



Member Since: 1/29/2005
Location: Houston, TX
Post Count: 5,638

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: NCAA scraps all D3 championship tournaments for 2021
   Posted: 2/9/2021 11:30:42 PM 
PhiTau74 wrote:
Correct, 8 years of Obama did screw up govít, leadership and infrastructure.


He really did mess stuff up with his... (checks notes) comprehensive plan to deal with a pandemic.

THANKS OBAMA


"Loyalty to a hometown or city is fleeting and interchangeable, but college is a stamp of identity."- Kyle Whelliston, One Beautiful Season.

My blog about depression and mental illness: https://bit.ly/3buGXH8

Back to Top
  
SVAC83
General User

Member Since: 10/1/2019
Post Count: 92

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: NCAA scraps all D3 championship tournaments for 2021
   Posted: 2/11/2021 3:36:34 PM 
Some of your guys arguments drive me nuts. Look i wear my mask and i believe the pandemic is bad. But not just one year but every year there are over 600,000 babies aborted in this country. If you think we should do every thing to stop covid within reason shouldn't we do the same for abortions. Shame on all of you for not demanding that all women of child bearing years be put in chastity belts and that everyone should quit having sex immediately because we have to stop killing all these babies.

Why you don't do it is because it would be stupid. That is the same reason why we give grief to people who believe we shouldn't be playing sports. We shouldn't be packing stadiums and other things but there is a happy medium.
Back to Top
  
JSF
General User



Member Since: 1/29/2005
Location: Houston, TX
Post Count: 5,638

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: NCAA scraps all D3 championship tournaments for 2021
   Posted: 2/11/2021 5:35:02 PM 
SVAC83 wrote:
Some of your guys arguments drive me nuts. Look i wear my mask and i believe the pandemic is bad. But not just one year but every year there are over 600,000 babies aborted in this country. If you think we should do every thing to stop covid within reason shouldn't we do the same for abortions. Shame on all of you for not demanding that all women of child bearing years be put in chastity belts and that everyone should quit having sex immediately because we have to stop killing all these babies.

Why you don't do it is because it would be stupid. That is the same reason why we give grief to people who believe we shouldn't be playing sports. We shouldn't be packing stadiums and other things but there is a happy medium.


What?


"Loyalty to a hometown or city is fleeting and interchangeable, but college is a stamp of identity."- Kyle Whelliston, One Beautiful Season.

My blog about depression and mental illness: https://bit.ly/3buGXH8

Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 1,923

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: NCAA scraps all D3 championship tournaments for 2021
   Posted: 2/12/2021 11:31:23 AM 
JSF wrote:
SVAC83 wrote:
Some of your guys arguments drive me nuts. Look i wear my mask and i believe the pandemic is bad. But not just one year but every year there are over 600,000 babies aborted in this country. If you think we should do every thing to stop covid within reason shouldn't we do the same for abortions. Shame on all of you for not demanding that all women of child bearing years be put in chastity belts and that everyone should quit having sex immediately because we have to stop killing all these babies.

Why you don't do it is because it would be stupid. That is the same reason why we give grief to people who believe we shouldn't be playing sports. We shouldn't be packing stadiums and other things but there is a happy medium.


What?


+1. And I'll raise you a 'the f*ck?'
Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 1,923

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: NCAA scraps all D3 championship tournaments for 2021
   Posted: 2/12/2021 12:48:30 PM 
SVAC83 wrote:
Some of your guys arguments drive me nuts.


Which arguments?

Who here is even saying that "we shouldn't be playing sports"? It's very unclear to me what you're even addressing. It seems to just be an idea you don't like, but I don't see anybody who has actually put that idea forward here. Feels a bit like you're arguing against nothing and doing so with a comparison to abortion.





Last Edited: 2/12/2021 12:49:51 PM by Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame

Back to Top
  
ohiocatfan1
General User

Member Since: 9/6/2016
Post Count: 164

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: NCAA scraps all D3 championship tournaments for 2021
   Posted: 2/12/2021 1:50:40 PM 
SVAC83 wrote:
Some of your guys arguments drive me nuts. Look i wear my mask and i believe the pandemic is bad. But not just one year but every year there are over 600,000 babies aborted in this country. If you think we should do every thing to stop covid within reason shouldn't we do the same for abortions. Shame on all of you for not demanding that all women of child bearing years be put in chastity belts and that everyone should quit having sex immediately because we have to stop killing all these babies.

Why you don't do it is because it would be stupid. That is the same reason why we give grief to people who believe we shouldn't be playing sports. We shouldn't be packing stadiums and other things but there is a happy medium.


Obviously there is no happy medium. It's too dangerous to spread out a couple thousand fans inside a 13,000 seat arena.

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  26 - 38  of 38 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2
View Other 'General Ohio University Discussion/Alumni Events' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



Copyright ©2021 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties