Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
General Ohio University Discussion/Alumni Events
Topic:  RE: The "college" vote?

Topic:  RE: The "college" vote?
Author
Message
cc-cat
General User

Member Since: 4/5/2006
Location: matthews, NC
Post Count: 3,088

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/17/2020 10:42:52 PM 
Unless you are brainwashed to think the trickle down economics theory works (spoiler alert it doesn't) then republican policies have little value to lower and middle income Americans. Republicans big win is to get the masses to go, "hey I got my $1,000 thank you very much" while corporations and the 1% clean up.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/apr/30/trump-tax...
Back to Top
  
JSF
General User



Member Since: 1/29/2005
Location: Houston, TX
Post Count: 5,559

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/17/2020 11:45:03 PM 
SVAC83 wrote:
But let me say this i do not consider myself a TRUMP supporter. I did vote for him twice but i voted for him even though i thought personally he was despicable man.


Voting for him twice makes you a supporter. You don't get to throw your vote behind someone and then play innocent.


"Loyalty to a hometown or city is fleeting and interchangeable, but college is a stamp of identity."- Kyle Whelliston, One Beautiful Season.

My blog about depression and mental illness: https://bit.ly/3buGXH8

Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 1,778

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/18/2020 8:05:06 AM 
JSF wrote:
SVAC83 wrote:
But let me say this i do not consider myself a TRUMP supporter. I did vote for him twice but i voted for him even though i thought personally he was despicable man.


Voting for him twice makes you a supporter. You don't get to throw your vote behind someone and then play innocent.


It is pretty funny how history is going to have to explain that many millions of people were basically fine with Trump's attempt to overturn the results of an election because of capital gains taxes, or whatever.
Back to Top
  
OUPride
General User

Member Since: 9/21/2010
Post Count: 452

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/18/2020 9:42:35 AM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
JSF wrote:
SVAC83 wrote:
But let me say this i do not consider myself a TRUMP supporter. I did vote for him twice but i voted for him even though i thought personally he was despicable man.


Voting for him twice makes you a supporter. You don't get to throw your vote behind someone and then play innocent.


It is pretty funny how history is going to have to explain that many millions of people were basically fine with Trump's attempt to overturn the results of an election because of capital gains taxes, or whatever.


I think that after watching four years of venal, odious incompetence, a second vote for Trump was based solely on a certain "whatever" because everything else--competence, decency, respect for the Presidency and American democracy and even basic mental health--had been thoroughly stripped away.

Last Edited: 11/18/2020 9:44:32 AM by OUPride

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,632

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/18/2020 10:27:23 AM 
OUPride wrote:
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
JSF wrote:
SVAC83 wrote:
But let me say this i do not consider myself a TRUMP supporter. I did vote for him twice but i voted for him even though i thought personally he was despicable man.


Voting for him twice makes you a supporter. You don't get to throw your vote behind someone and then play innocent.


It is pretty funny how history is going to have to explain that many millions of people were basically fine with Trump's attempt to overturn the results of an election because of capital gains taxes, or whatever.


I think that after watching four years of venal, odious incompetence, a second vote for Trump was based solely on a certain "whatever" because everything else--competence, decency, respect for the Presidency and American democracy and even basic mental health--had been thoroughly stripped away.


+1

Add, void of any truth or personal accountability.
Back to Top
  
Kevin Finnegan
General User

Member Since: 2/4/2005
Location: Rockton, IL
Post Count: 767

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/18/2020 11:01:50 AM 
I personally loved what Jon Meachum (presidential historian) gave as his reason for supporting Joe Biden in the 2020 race. He had never supported a candidate publicly in the past. His rationale this time broke down to this: He wasn't old enough in the 1960s to make a stance during the civil rights movement. He says that he'd like to think he would've been supportive of the movement and on the right side of history, but he can't be certain. This, to him, was similar. He wanted his children and generations to come to know where he stood during this time. He stood against somebody he felt was trying to demolish democratic norms and ideals.

As a fan of Meachum, I really enjoyed how he framed it. History will judge us, as it has judged those that supported segregation and those that supported Joe McCarthy. Maybe McCarthy had great tax policy ideas or was in favor of less business regulation, but none of that is what he's remembered for.
Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 6,209

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/18/2020 11:15:33 AM 
Kevin Finnegan wrote:
I personally loved what Jon Meachum (presidential historian) gave as his reason for supporting Joe Biden in the 2020 race. He had never supported a candidate publicly in the past. His rationale this time broke down to this: He wasn't old enough in the 1960s to make a stance during the civil rights movement. He says that he'd like to think he would've been supportive of the movement and on the right side of history, but he can't be certain. This, to him, was similar. He wanted his children and generations to come to know where he stood during this time. He stood against somebody he felt was trying to demolish democratic norms and ideals.

As a fan of Meachum, I really enjoyed how he framed it. History will judge us, as it has judged those that supported segregation and those that supported Joe McCarthy. Maybe McCarthy had great tax policy ideas or was in favor of less business regulation, but none of that is what he's remembered for.


Very astute observations sir. I could not agree more. This was a time for some of us to "do something" and thank goodness enough of us did.

Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 1,778

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/18/2020 1:18:20 PM 
Since the election, Trump's team has filed 27 lawsuits. Their record is 1-26.

This is frivolous and destructive, and the silence on the Right is pathetic. When football players knelt during the national anthem, folks on the Right couldn't contain their anger because it was an afront to American ideals, or whatever. When a Republican tries to blatantly subvert Democracy and free elections though, it's suddenly super quiet.

Back to Top
  
SVAC83
General User

Member Since: 10/1/2019
Post Count: 76

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/18/2020 6:19:33 PM 
wow where to start. first my work environment. i work for a organizations that have several franchisees. i work for one of those franchisees. He owns 4 locations i am the supervisor of those 4 locations we have about 32 full time employees and about the same amount of part time employees. that is also divided across two states.

If the affordable care act would allowed a provision where all the franchisees could of went together and worked with one company across America we probably would have a health insurance plan. But this idea was shot down by democrats.

Our next president my next president because no matter who the president is i hope they are successful said in a press conference the other day. That in the big picture Trump not conceding yet or recognizing the transition team has little to zero effect on his ability to govern day one but it just looks bad.

I think there is a huge difference in between voting for someone and supporting some one. i would never donate money for a trump campaign or even put a sign in my yard. Like right now i think he is acting like a childish baby and did so most of his time in office.

I personally no very few conservatives that don't think he should not go ahead and acknowledge Biden. Because he could acknowledge Biden and still fight his stupid legal battles. Because i don't believe the election was full of fraud and very few republicans i know feel that way. There are the 10 or 15 million that are idiots but that is about it.

But at the same time what we are up to i think over 10,000 ballots in Georgia found that weren't counted the first time. To me when you support someone you agree with them all the time. Trump is full of crap and told plenty of lies. But President Obama lied to me also. so did president Clinton and so on.

I just don't believe that it is the governments job to provide healthcare. I don't think it is the governments job to provide universal income. It is the governments job to provide me a atmosphere and opportunity that if i work my ass off i can improve my lot in life.

Maybe i am crazy but i don't think most democrats are left wing socialists, and i don't think most republicans are racists, or crazy right to lifers or hate gay and lesbians.

let's take the abortion issue. i am pro life but i don't think abortions should be banned and Ohio republicans that i personally know don't feel that way either. I may be wrong but my guess is even my liberal friends on here that are pro choice would prefer to have less babies aborted.
i feel you do that by creating something better then the foster programs and adoption programs that we have today. You don't do it by telling a woman she cant decide you do it by giving her better choices.

i am of mixed race my daughter in law and her children are black from her first marriage i love her and those grand babies as much as i do my son and law and other grand babies. By the way my daughter in law and her parents are all conservative. And by the way. they think Trump is a moron but don't think Trump is racist. They have relatives freed from jail because of trumps policies they have relatives that have gotten jobs through trumps opportunity zones. they believe he is a man that has done a lot of good but always always says the wrong things.

They actually think Trump being president and the hatred pointed toward him and the name calling will probably speed up making racial issues in this country improve 20 years faster. because before trump it was just the thing no one talked about anymore.

i have two cousins that are gay. my sister is gay. i love her and her wife very much. What do i care most conservatives i know couldn't give a rats behind if someone is gay or not. We care if they are good law abiding citizens or not. Now do i wish that a union between a man and a woman was called a marriage and a union between two gay people were called something else but had the exact same rights yes. but oh well my side lost that so it is what it is.

I don't understand how people can think universal health care is good and a universal income is a good idea but not think privatization of social security is a bad idea. take the 6.2% you pay into social security and the 6.2% your employer pays into social security. so out of that 12.4% lets say you take 9% of that money and that money is put into a account it is yours. the other 3.4% you put toward social security disability or something. you make a max lets call it over 150k a year after that your whole 12.4% or most of it goes into the social security disability fund.

look the government can hire 5 or 10 investment specialist to create funds that the government can have oversight over and let the people pick how there money is invested. if someone dies before there social security age that money would go to their heirs accounts if you died before you exhausted it all same thing. put limits on how much they could withdraw every year if you would like. if a person had no heirs that money would go into accounts of the poorest people in there areas.

yes it would put us in a bind for years but social security is already going to put us in a bind for years but there would be a ending date in sight and after that social security would be self sustaining. And look at the wealth people would build it would change family tree outcomes and people would retire much better off then today. that is just a example of one republican policy i can support.


look i am not saying i hate the idea of universal health care. it scares me but it may work. but look i think there is like 14 million people that pay for there own health care The affordable care act has been a disaster for us.

Lets see here lets discuss the NFL and taking a knee for the national anthem. For starters let me say before kapernick began to take a knee for the national anthem except for the Superbowl when was the national anthem shown on television? it had been years because they show commercials right up to kick off. And having been to several NFL games a lot of people are not even in there seats when the anthem is played. So personally i think it was a poor way to show a stand against something. I served 10 years active duty in the united states navy and even though we do what we did to give people the right to take a knee doesn't mean i have to like it or support it. To me it showed a total lack of respect to my service and i have watched very little NFL since.

And to me if you want to make a big splash and get people behind your cause you don't do something that pisses a lot of people off. would it not of been a lot more effective that if before the first offensive play of game he took a knee in the middle of the field and let the play clock expire.... Now that would been a statement because the camera would of been on him the entire time. What he did and to take a knee made as much since as trump saying there are good people on both sides of a argument.


you guys covered so much i am sure i have more to say or other points but now cant even remember what all the comments are.


Back to Top
  
JSF
General User



Member Since: 1/29/2005
Location: Houston, TX
Post Count: 5,559

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/18/2020 9:00:47 PM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
Since the election, Trump's team has filed 27 lawsuits. Their record is 1-26.


How do you win 1 of 27? It boggles the mind. 0 makes more sense. 2 makes more sense. But 1?

Quote:
That in the big picture Trump not conceding yet or recognizing the transition team has little to zero effect on his ability to govern day one but it just looks bad.


That's incorrect. He's not getting briefings he otherwise would. The team doesn't have access to funds it should have.

Quote:
I think there is a huge difference in between voting for someone and supporting some one.


You can think whatever you want, but your equivocations fall flat.

Quote:
To me when you support someone you agree with them all the time.


https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/support

Quote:
I don't understand how people can think universal health care is good and a universal income is a good idea but not think privatization of social security is a bad idea


You don't understand how people can think one thing is a good idea and something of the opposite principle is a bad idea?

Quote:
yes it would put us in a bind for years but social security is already going to put us in a bind for years but there would be a ending date in sight and after that social security would be self sustaining.


It's already self-sustaining; Congress keeps raiding the funds.

Quote:
look i am not saying i hate the idea of universal health care. it scares me but it may work


If only there were examples to draw upon...

Quote:
To me it showed a total lack of respect to my service and i have watched very little NFL since.


This isn't an airport; you don't need to announce your departure.

Quote:
And to me if you want to make a big splash and get people behind your cause you don't do something that pisses a lot of people off.


Exactly correct. That's why nobody knows who John Carlos is. Or Muhammad Ali. Or how Jackie Robinson didn't appear in MLB until everyone was cool with it.

Last Edited: 11/18/2020 9:10:53 PM by JSF


"Loyalty to a hometown or city is fleeting and interchangeable, but college is a stamp of identity."- Kyle Whelliston, One Beautiful Season.

My blog about depression and mental illness: https://bit.ly/3buGXH8

Back to Top
  
SVAC83
General User

Member Since: 10/1/2019
Post Count: 76

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/18/2020 9:28:25 PM 
JSF wrote:
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
Since the election, Trump's team has filed 27 lawsuits. Their record is 1-26.


How do you win 1 of 27? It boggles the mind. 0 makes more sense. 2 makes more sense. But 1?

Quote:
That in the big picture Trump not conceding yet or recognizing the transition team has little to zero effect on his ability to govern day one but it just looks bad.


That's incorrect. He's not getting briefings he otherwise would. The team doesn't have access to funds it should have.

Quote:
I think there is a huge difference in between voting for someone and supporting some one.


You can think whatever you want, but your equivocations fall flat.

Quote:
To me when you support someone you agree with them all the time.


https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/support

Quote:
I don't understand how people can think universal health care is good and a universal income is a good idea but not think privatization of social security is a bad idea


You don't understand how people can think one thing is a good idea and something of the opposite principle is a bad idea?

Quote:
yes it would put us in a bind for years but social security is already going to put us in a bind for years but there would be a ending date in sight and after that social security would be self sustaining.


It's already self-sustaining; Congress keeps raiding the funds.

Quote:
look i am not saying i hate the idea of universal health care. it scares me but it may work


If only there were examples to draw upon...



So when vice president elect biden is asked a press conference if trump not conceding yet is really hurting the transition or slowing you down and he says no! your saying he is wrong? kamela Harris is still getting those briefings.

As far as the money goes none of that is paid in advance anyway. those funds constitute no more then a check book and the funds usually aren't released until at least December 1 anyway and the only election before now those funds were ever really available was 2016. so they can survive the way every other team did. just save the bill and pay it when you take over.

ok you know there is no social security trust fund right? there never has been those funds have always been dumped into the general fund. Money deposited in that way and used for another purpose is paid back with i think 3.2% interest but because social security allowed people to draw from it that never paid into it. And the funds were never set aside for future changes or longer lengths of life it will not survive has nothing to do with congress spending the money.
The idea that there was ever a social security trust fund that congress or the government raided was a lie. But obviously something people still believe


So me the examples of country that has all this insurance provided through employers and then has another plan for everyone else being covered with a public option and that transition.

Plus that because of the cost would put more people needing public assistance.

and how is something that overall make every more financial secure and more on a level playing field different then universal healthcare or a guaranteed minimum income?
Back to Top
  
JSF
General User



Member Since: 1/29/2005
Location: Houston, TX
Post Count: 5,559

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/18/2020 11:18:16 PM 
SVAC83 wrote:
So when vice president elect biden is asked a press conference if trump not conceding yet is really hurting the transition or slowing you down and he says no! your saying he is wrong?


Correct, that is what I'm saying.

Quote:
ok you know there is no social security trust fund right? there never has been those funds have always been dumped into the general fund. Money deposited in that way and used for another purpose is paid back with i think 3.2% interest but because social security allowed people to draw from it that never paid into it. And the funds were never set aside for future changes or longer lengths of life it will not survive has nothing to do with congress spending the money.
The idea that there was ever a social security trust fund that congress or the government raided was a lie. But obviously something people still believe


https://www.ssa.gov/oact/progdata/fundFAQ.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Security_Trust_Fund


Quote:
and how is something that overall make every more financial secure and more on a level playing field different then universal healthcare or a guaranteed minimum income?


Is this a serious question? Universal healthcare and UBI are government programs. Privitizing Social Security is... the opposite of that.

Last Edited: 11/19/2020 12:01:01 AM by JSF


"Loyalty to a hometown or city is fleeting and interchangeable, but college is a stamp of identity."- Kyle Whelliston, One Beautiful Season.

My blog about depression and mental illness: https://bit.ly/3buGXH8

Back to Top
  
SVAC83
General User

Member Since: 10/1/2019
Post Count: 76

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/19/2020 9:54:38 AM 
and thanks for bringing up Jackie Robinson and Muhammad Ali that actually just proves my point. so i am not sure why you would make the comparison. Everyone knew what Jackie Robinson was trying to accomplish. everyone knew why Muhammad Ali changed his name and what he was against. even non sports fans knew it.

if you ask why kapernick took a knee during the national anthem a lot of even sports fans had no idea. because it seemed like he was protesting America. Not police brutality. And unfair treatment of black men in criminal justice system.

Look i support what kapernick stands for but thought there were a lot more ways to draw more attention and be more effective.

It is just like black lives matter i support the cause have a black lives matter shirt. But i disagree with the way they go about so many things and the fact that they cant speak with one voice. I get after the Floyd murder why we had days of protest and some unrest. but if you want to continue that or send a statement.

Why do you plan to take a knee in the middle of major intersections for 9 minutes in rush hour. Why cant we have planned work stoppages for 9 minutes i would support both of those.

Tearing up peoples businesses looting hoping other innocent people die... no thank you for that plan.

Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,048

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/19/2020 10:04:02 AM 
SVAC83 wrote:
if you ask why kapernick took a knee during the national anthem a lot of even sports fans had no idea. because it seemed like he was protesting America. Not police brutality. And unfair treatment of black men in criminal justice system.


If you weren't sure why Colin took a knee during the anthem you either 1. didn't want to know or 2. you were too lazy to find out.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 1,778

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/19/2020 10:05:09 AM 
SVAC83 wrote:
wow where to start. first my work environment. i work for a organizations that have several franchisees. i work for one of those franchisees. He owns 4 locations i am the supervisor of those 4 locations we have about 32 full time employees and about the same amount of part time employees. that is also divided across two states.

If the affordable care act would allowed a provision where all the franchisees could of went together and worked with one company across America we probably would have a health insurance plan. But this idea was shot down by democrats.


Can you share a link about the Democrats shooting down this provision?

SVAC83 wrote:

I just don't believe that it is the governments job to provide healthcare. I don't think it is the governments job to provide universal income. It is the governments job to provide me a atmosphere and opportunity that if i work my ass off i can improve my lot in life.


Weren't you just complaining earlier about a law that expanded the private market for insurance? The government isn't responsible for providing healthcare and now you don't have any good options for healthcare. You blamed that on the government. How is it not an indictment of the private market for health insurance, instead?

SVAC83 wrote:

look i am not saying i hate the idea of universal health care. it scares me but it may work. but look i think there is like 14 million people that pay for there own health care The affordable care act has been a disaster for us.


How is the ACA responsible for this? The ACA did two simple things: 1) increased the percentage of employers required to provide employees insurance, and 2) created a public market through which the uninsured could buy private insurance plans.

Any analysis of the ACA shows that there are fewer uninsured people. By a lot. If you think the ACA is a disaster for you because you're among the smaller group who can't get employer-sponsored coverage, it sort of sounds like you're actually arguing for an expansion of the ACA.

SVAC83 wrote:

So personally i think it was a poor way to show a stand against something. I served 10 years active duty in the united states navy and even though we do what we did to give people the right to take a knee doesn't mean i have to like it or support it. To me it showed a total lack of respect to my service and i have watched very little NFL since.

And to me if you want to make a big splash and get people behind your cause you don't do something that pisses a lot of people off. would it not of been a lot more effective that if before the first offensive play of game he took a knee in the middle of the field and let the play clock expire.... Now that would been a statement because the camera would of been on him the entire time. What he did and to take a knee made as much since as trump saying there are good people on both sides of a argument.


My point here was simply that there's no rational argument that kneeling during the national anthem is somehow more antithetical to American ideals than the anti-democratic, authoritarian power grab the President you voted for twice is currently attempting.

And that it's hilariously hypocritical and telling that conservatives did their little "our feelings are hurt over Colin Kaepernick because we love America so, so much" dance back then, and are letting out a collective yawn about Trump trying to literally steal an election. When the Republican President works to actively discredit American democracy and sow doubt in free elections through disinformation -- and they enable it -- they lose the moral standing to say anything at all about American values.

How could you be upset about one but not the other?

I will say this though -- I applaud you for engaging here in a level headed way. I'm sure it's not easy being the lone conservative voice who isn't too ashamed of his vote to try and justify it. So bravo for that.


Last Edited: 11/19/2020 1:44:17 PM by Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame

Back to Top
  
JSF
General User



Member Since: 1/29/2005
Location: Houston, TX
Post Count: 5,559

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/19/2020 12:13:12 PM 
SVAC83 wrote:
and thanks for bringing up Jackie Robinson and Muhammad Ali that actually just proves my point. so i am not sure why you would make the comparison. Everyone knew what Jackie Robinson was trying to accomplish. everyone knew why Muhammad Ali changed his name and what he was against. even non sports fans knew it.


Point going over your head goes WHOOSH.

Quote:
if you ask why kapernick took a knee during the national anthem a lot of even sports fans had no idea. because it seemed like he was protesting America. Not police brutality. And unfair treatment of black men in criminal justice system.


Colin Kapernick, household name for... well, nobody knows why.

Quote:
Look i support what kapernick stands for but thought there were a lot more ways to draw more attention and be more effective.


So what?

Quote:
It is just like black lives matter i support the cause have a black lives matter shirt. But i disagree with the way they go about so many things and the fact that they cant speak with one voice. I get after the Floyd murder why we had days of protest and some unrest. but if you want to continue that or send a statement.

Why do you plan to take a knee in the middle of major intersections for 9 minutes in rush hour. Why cant we have planned work stoppages for 9 minutes i would support both of those.


"Why don't they do it the way I want" is not an argument.

Quote:
Tearing up peoples businesses looting hoping other innocent people die... no thank you for that plan.



So then I assume you've spoken out against the white supremacist groups and police tactics responsible.


"Loyalty to a hometown or city is fleeting and interchangeable, but college is a stamp of identity."- Kyle Whelliston, One Beautiful Season.

My blog about depression and mental illness: https://bit.ly/3buGXH8

Back to Top
  
SVAC83
General User

Member Since: 10/1/2019
Post Count: 76

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/19/2020 2:39:35 PM 
yes i have spoken out against white hate groups and police tactics. I participated in 4 black lives matters marches over the summer. No looting or violence at any of them. If you want i am sure i still have the dates and locations saved in my phone. Since everything i say needs to be fact checked..... My last name isn't TRUMP LOL.... But everyone there seemed to want something different.

I am just saying if you have any group of people or employees or children and you ask them what they want and you get 20 different answers. not a lot gets done. If those people can get together and say these three things are most important to us then you can get somewhere.
Back to Top
  
SVAC83
General User

Member Since: 10/1/2019
Post Count: 76

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/19/2020 2:56:09 PM 
bobcatsquared wrote:
SVAC83 wrote:
if you ask why kapernick took a knee during the national anthem a lot of even sports fans had no idea. because it seemed like he was protesting America. Not police brutality. And unfair treatment of black men in criminal justice system.


If you weren't sure why Colin took a knee during the anthem you either 1. didn't want to know or 2. you were too lazy to find out.


right so your talking about 90% of America. And by the way google it read the stories 90% of them are about the knee on ground during anthem almost nothing as to the why.

I am just saying he missed his target with what he was trying to accomplish. It happens a lot in life to me and to everyone else i know. If there honest unless they think they are perfect sometimes i say things and i mean them a certain way but the people on the receiving end here a different message.

And let clarify what i said about me leaving NFL after all the knee's taken during national anthem. That action pissed me off but i left because how the NFL began to treat it as we are going to fine players or keep them in the locker-room and this or that. And the whole thing just turned me off.

And i just found other things to do on Sunday afternoons.
Back to Top
  
SVAC83
General User

Member Since: 10/1/2019
Post Count: 76

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/19/2020 3:09:32 PM 
How many times have i said Trump lost the election and for doing what he is doing he is a clown. And that he should just be laughed off the stage. And yes there are probably 10 million right wing conservatives that would do crazy things for him. But that has nothing to do with the other 60 million of us.

If i really thought his stupidness was going to last into the new year. I would be saying OK it is time to get this clown out of here. But right now we are still in the stage that after 2016 Democrats were marching in the streets every night complaining. Just like some republicans are doing now.

I hope republicans don't act like the democrats did the last 4 years and allow Biden to try to Govern. I am not saying TRUMP did not bring some of that on himself. But it was really ridiculous.

Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 1,778

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/19/2020 3:45:34 PM 
SVAC83 wrote:


If i really thought his stupidness was going to last into the new year. I would be saying OK it is time to get this clown out of here. But right now we are still in the stage that after 2016 Democrats were marching in the streets every night complaining. Just like some republicans are doing now.




Respectfully, we are not at that stage at all. That Republicans treat the President of the United States' behavior as if it's equivalent to some leftist protesters in the streets is exactly the problem.

The President of the United States is spreading misinformation and pushing blatantly false conspiracies designed to -- at best -- destroy confidence in the American electoral system, and at worst, to overturn a legal election.

That you're willing to brush that off as "we're still at the stage where some Democrats were marching in the streets every night" is ridiculous. It's not even remotely comparable, and the attempt to both-sides an American President spitting on America makes you look much sillier than you think. No serious person believes some protests in the street are equivalent the President himself pushing lies and trying to maintain office after being voted out.

Back to Top
  
Deciduous Forest Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Ohio
Post Count: 3,722

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/19/2020 4:01:09 PM 
SVAC83 wrote:
...but i don't think abortions should be banned and Ohio republicans that i personally know don't feel that way either. I may be wrong but my guess is even my liberal friends on here that are pro choice would prefer to have less babies aborted.
i feel you do that by creating something better then the foster programs and adoption programs that we have today. You don't do it by telling a woman she cant decide you do it by giving her better choices.


So in other words, you're pro-choice. Vote accordingly.

Last Edited: 11/19/2020 4:04:00 PM by Deciduous Forest Cat

Back to Top
  
SVAC83
General User

Member Since: 10/1/2019
Post Count: 76

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/19/2020 4:36:33 PM 
Deciduous Forest Cat wrote:
SVAC83 wrote:
...but i don't think abortions should be banned and Ohio republicans that i personally know don't feel that way either. I may be wrong but my guess is even my liberal friends on here that are pro choice would prefer to have less babies aborted.
i feel you do that by creating something better then the foster programs and adoption programs that we have today. You don't do it by telling a woman she cant decide you do it by giving her better choices.


So in other words, you're pro-choice. Vote accordingly.



No i am pro life i would like there to be no abortions. But i don't believe government or anyone else should be making that decision for you.
Back to Top
  
SVAC83
General User

Member Since: 10/1/2019
Post Count: 76

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/19/2020 4:44:03 PM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
SVAC83 wrote:


If i really thought his stupidness was going to last into the new year. I would be saying OK it is time to get this clown out of here. But right now we are still in the stage that after 2016 Democrats were marching in the streets every night complaining. Just like some republicans are doing now.




Respectfully, we are not at that stage at all. That Republicans treat the President of the United States' behavior as if it's equivalent to some leftist protesters in the streets is exactly the problem.

The President of the United States is spreading misinformation and pushing blatantly false conspiracies designed to -- at best -- destroy confidence in the American electoral system, and at worst, to overturn a legal election.

That you're willing to brush that off as "we're still at the stage where some Democrats were marching in the streets every night" is ridiculous. It's not even remotely comparable, and the attempt to both-sides an American President spitting on America makes you look much sillier than you think. No serious person believes some protests in the street are equivalent the President himself pushing lies and trying to maintain office after being voted out.



I think all the people marching in the streets was much more damaging then this. They said trump would not be there president and it was awful.
You guys can come up with all the outlandish crazy things you want. but in a couple of weeks TRUMP's legal challenges will be over and he will exit the way he is supposed to and no one will really pay any attention.

Maybe it is just me but i see Biden press conferences almost everyday and everything seems to be moving along just fine. You guys should take the lead of our next president and basically ignore him.

You just hate him so much you cant help yourselves. how to can you just be dominated by so much hate in your life. That is just my opinion but i don't have the time or the energy to let someone consume this much of my life.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 1,778

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/19/2020 5:19:33 PM 
SVAC83 wrote:

I think all the people marching in the streets was much more damaging then this. They said trump would not be there president and it was awful.
You guys can come up with all the outlandish crazy things you want. but in a couple of weeks TRUMP's legal challenges will be over and he will exit the way he is supposed to and no one will really pay any attention.


What sort of outlandish things have I come up with?

Did I say that Hugo Chavez paid Dominion -- a company that makes electronic voting machines -- to change votes? Did I say Dominion deleted 2.7 million votes? No, wait, that was an insane QAnon theory that Donald Trump is pushing.

Am I repeating over and over false allegations of widespread voter fraud and then filing legal filings that don't in any way allege fraud?

Am I out there claiming that data was seized by the US Military that shows Trump winning in a landslide (including California)?

If you think protesters declaring "Trump isn't my President" is awful, how could you possibly think a President working to convince millions of people that an election was stolen isn't a big deal? You think the millions of people that believe Trump are just going to transition from "this election is stolen" to "Biden's my President" come January 20th?

The logic there makes no sense.



Last Edited: 11/19/2020 6:47:40 PM by Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame

Back to Top
  
JSF
General User



Member Since: 1/29/2005
Location: Houston, TX
Post Count: 5,559

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/19/2020 6:02:54 PM 
SVAC83 wrote:

right so your talking about 90% of America. And by the way google it read the stories 90% of them are about the knee on ground during anthem almost nothing as to the why.


1. It's "you're."
2. Kaepernick has a 41% approval rating against a 34% disapproval: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1128534/public-opinio... /

Quote:
I am just saying he missed his target with what he was trying to accomplish. It happens a lot in life to me and to everyone else i know. If there honest unless they think they are perfect sometimes i say things and i mean them a certain way but the people on the receiving end here a different message.


Say it all you want. You're wrong.

Quote:
And let clarify what i said about me leaving NFL after all the knee's taken during national anthem. That action pissed me off but i left because how the NFL began to treat it as we are going to fine players or keep them in the locker-room and this or that. And the whole thing just turned me off.

And i just found other things to do on Sunday afternoons.


Nobody cares if someone does or does not watch a sport for any reason. Again, it's not an airport, no need to announce your departure.

Quote:
Since everything i say needs to be fact checked


The fact that needs to occur is telling.

Quote:
But right now we are still in the stage that after 2016 Democrats were marching in the streets every night complaining. Just like some republicans are doing now.


I've noticed a disdain for the First Amendment.

Quote:
I hope republicans don't act like the democrats did the last 4 years and allow Biden to try to Govern.


Name three things the Democratic Party prevented Trump from doing.

Quote:
I think all the people marching in the streets was much more damaging then this.


Of course you do.

Quote:
They said trump would not be there president and it was awful.


1. It's "their."
2. Are you new? This happened with Obama and Bush before that.

Quote:
but in a couple of weeks TRUMP's legal challenges will be over and he will exit the way he is supposed to and no one will really pay any attention.


Yeah, we've heard this for four years now and it's yet to play out that way.

Quote:
Maybe it is just me but i see Biden press conferences almost everyday and everything seems to be moving along just fine.


Because you're ignorant.

Quote:
You guys should take the lead of our next president and basically ignore him.


Screw that. Biden sucks and he's going to be a bad president unless people organize and pressure him into not sucking. He's gonna follow our lead, I'm not gonna follow his.

Quote:
You just hate him so much you cant help yourselves. how to can you just be dominated by so much hate in your life.


Who and how has demonstrated hatred towards Trump?

Quote:
That is just my opinion but i don't have the time or the energy to let someone consume this much of my life.


Nothing illustrates that like replying to this thread several times a day.

Last Edited: 11/19/2020 6:12:34 PM by JSF


"Loyalty to a hometown or city is fleeting and interchangeable, but college is a stamp of identity."- Kyle Whelliston, One Beautiful Season.

My blog about depression and mental illness: https://bit.ly/3buGXH8

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  101 - 125  of 149 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6    Next >
View Other 'General Ohio University Discussion/Alumni Events' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



Copyright ©2020 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties