Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
General Ohio University Discussion/Alumni Events
Topic:  RE: The "college" vote?

Topic:  RE: The "college" vote?
Author
Message
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 6,209

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/7/2020 10:51:16 AM 
cc-cat wrote:
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
It's time to call the race. The delay just convinces conspiracy minded folks Trump's not lying.

If Trump has any evidence of the fraud he's been claiming for 4 years -- and already deployed a commission to investigate between 2016 and 2018 -- he can present it.

But he's lost the election, and it's time to call it.


Had all states allowed absentee and mail-in votes to be counted as they came in this race would have been called around 1:00 am on election night.


States rights may very well be the demise of this country. Want to talk about a waste of money in terms of duplication of services.
Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 7,180

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/7/2020 12:42:49 PM 
Time to move on from 45.

In 1968 Nixon was making a whistle-stop train tour through northern Ohio. Story has it that when the train stopped in McComb there was a little girl holding a sign that read "Bring Us Together." Nixon used that phrase as his campaign slogan. As it turned out, it was just a slogan.

I hope Biden can fulfill the hope of that little girl.


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,048

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/7/2020 4:55:38 PM 
What a beautiful day.

The air smells fresher with no clouds in the sky; lunch with my parents tasted better; Springsteen's new music sounded more enjoyable than the first few listens; my drive from Columbus to Newark was more relaxing than the same drive a week ago.


Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 6,209

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/7/2020 6:48:49 PM 
bobcatsquared wrote:
What a beautiful day.

The air smells fresher with no clouds in the sky; lunch with my parents tasted better; Springsteen's new music sounded more enjoyable than the first few listens; my drive from Columbus to Newark was more relaxing than the same drive a week ago.




A former rep in Indiana who I hired 10 or so years ago, had a birthday today. i called her - haven't talked with her in several years - to wish her Happy Birthday. Her comment - "this is one I'll never forget."


Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 1,778

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/9/2020 5:06:35 PM 
Still no evidence presented of the voter fraud they're claiming is so blatant.

Curious to hear from the Trump supporters here. At what point do the evidence-free accusations start to become the "coup" they're accusing the other side of?

Surely we can all agree that if you're going to refuse to concede the White House, the burden of proof is on you, and the evidence you provide must meet a high bar.
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,632

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/9/2020 7:17:58 PM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
Still no evidence presented of the voter fraud they're claiming is so blatant.

Curious to hear from the Trump supporters here. At what point do the evidence-free accusations start to become the "coup" they're accusing the other side of?

Surely we can all agree that if you're going to refuse to concede the White House, the burden of proof is on you, and the evidence you provide must meet a high bar.


This is one reason the board is so quiet. They all migrated parler, where lies are welcome, and the truth is within your own mind. Same place we are keeping our CFP Trophy.

Last Edited: 11/9/2020 7:19:44 PM by BillyTheCat

Back to Top
  
SVAC83
General User

Member Since: 10/1/2019
Post Count: 76

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/11/2020 5:01:18 PM 
i think it is just a matter of every accusation needs to be followed out. Yes there has been no widespread voter fraud found. And i don't think there will be and the president will eventually concede. But this is a process that has happened.

To me personally a lot of good as come of this. we have had several secretary's of state admit that there voter roles need cleaned up and that there are illegal votes out there. So maybe we can get some election reform out of this. Because how about some of these house races that are down to under 100 votes. a few dead voters or illegal votes or votes by people no longer in state could matter.

We also hav3 some count irregularities. don't get me wrong none of these are wide spread fraud to steal the presidency but they are things that if cleaned up would give more faith in future elections.
Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,048

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/11/2020 7:01:15 PM 
SVAC83 wrote:
don't get me wrong none of these are wide spread fraud to steal the presidency but they are things that if cleaned up would give more faith in future elections.


Don't get me wrong, but trump's whole plan is to sow doubt not only in this election but future elections (after trying the same with the 2016 election).
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,632

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/11/2020 10:24:08 PM 
SVAC83 wrote:
i think it is just a matter of every accusation needs to be followed out. Yes there has been no widespread voter fraud found. And i don't think there will be and the president will eventually concede. But this is a process that has happened.

To me personally a lot of good as come of this. we have had several secretary's of state admit that there voter roles need cleaned up and that there are illegal votes out there. So maybe we can get some election reform out of this. Because how about some of these house races that are down to under 100 votes. a few dead voters or illegal votes or votes by people no longer in state could matter.

We also hav3 some count irregularities. don't get me wrong none of these are wide spread fraud to steal the presidency but they are things that if cleaned up would give more faith in future elections.


Iíll take that bet that you think Trump will concede. I love a good wager.
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,632

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/11/2020 10:26:46 PM 
bobcatsquared wrote:
SVAC83 wrote:
don't get me wrong none of these are wide spread fraud to steal the presidency but they are things that if cleaned up would give more faith in future elections.


Don't get me wrong, but trump's whole plan is to sow doubt not only in this election but future elections (after trying the same with the 2016 election).


Exactly! He started in 2016 primary when he accused Ted Cruz of cheating in Iowa.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 1,778

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/12/2020 8:20:51 AM 
SVAC83 wrote:
i think it is just a matter of every accusation needs to be followed out. Yes there has been no widespread voter fraud found. And i don't think there will be and the president will eventually concede. But this is a process that has happened.

To me personally a lot of good as come of this. we have had several secretary's of state admit that there voter roles need cleaned up and that there are illegal votes out there. So maybe we can get some election reform out of this. Because how about some of these house races that are down to under 100 votes. a few dead voters or illegal votes or votes by people no longer in state could matter.

We also hav3 some count irregularities. don't get me wrong none of these are wide spread fraud to steal the presidency but they are things that if cleaned up would give more faith in future elections.


Is there not a way to clean up very low scale voting issues without a campaign that's full of outright lies calling the core of American Democracy into question?

This is very simple: one party wants people to vote. One party wants fewer people to vote. The lies about widespread fraud are just the latest in a long, long line of examples in which conservatives in America try to limit voting, and create distrust in the system.

Oh, and as free fund raising and publicity for Trump's move into cable TV because once a conman, always a conman.


Last Edited: 11/12/2020 8:25:27 AM by Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame

Back to Top
  
cc-cat
General User

Member Since: 4/5/2006
Location: matthews, NC
Post Count: 3,088

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/12/2020 3:07:33 PM 
SVAC83 wrote:
i think it is just a matter of every accusation needs to be followed out. Yes there has been no widespread voter fraud found. And i don't think there will be and the president will eventually concede. But this is a process that has happened.

To me personally a lot of good as come of this. we have had several secretary's of state admit that there voter roles need cleaned up and that there are illegal votes out there. So maybe we can get some election reform out of this. Because how about some of these house races that are down to under 100 votes. a few dead voters or illegal votes or votes by people no longer in state could matter.

We also hav3 some count irregularities. don't get me wrong none of these are wide spread fraud to steal the presidency but they are things that if cleaned up would give more faith in future elections.


When you have 150 million votes cast there will be irregularities. What we are not seeing is any concerning level of fraud, cheating, or illegal votes - per the secretary of states and election officials in each state. And no, not every accusation needs to be followed up upon. Far from it. Only credible accusations need attention - to date there have been few if any credible accusations (according to judges). Bottom line - because the sore loser and his lapdogs want to throw out accusations and "what abouts" does not mean out election and very democracy should entertain their wishes - and certainly not treat them as demands.
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,632

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/12/2020 6:11:00 PM 
cc-cat wrote:
SVAC83 wrote:
i think it is just a matter of every accusation needs to be followed out. Yes there has been no widespread voter fraud found. And i don't think there will be and the president will eventually concede. But this is a process that has happened.

To me personally a lot of good as come of this. we have had several secretary's of state admit that there voter roles need cleaned up and that there are illegal votes out there. So maybe we can get some election reform out of this. Because how about some of these house races that are down to under 100 votes. a few dead voters or illegal votes or votes by people no longer in state could matter.

We also hav3 some count irregularities. don't get me wrong none of these are wide spread fraud to steal the presidency but they are things that if cleaned up would give more faith in future elections.


When you have 150 million votes cast there will be irregularities. What we are not seeing is any concerning level of fraud, cheating, or illegal votes - per the secretary of states and election officials in each state. And no, not every accusation needs to be followed up upon. Far from it. Only credible accusations need attention - to date there have been few if any credible accusations (according to judges). Bottom line - because the sore loser and his lapdogs want to throw out accusations and "what abouts" does not mean out election and very democracy should entertain their wishes - and certainly not treat them as demands.


Exactly. In 2016 Trump finished 4th in Iowa. He claimed Cruz cheated. He loses the General election by 3million votes, he claims cheating. He loses both the popular vote and electoral vote and he claims cheating. None of the time can he promote credible evidence, just his cry of wolf. It gets old grow up. Ohio beat Central, they cheated, we really won. Think about how childish that is. Yet millions want to believe this bullshit
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,632

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/12/2020 6:12:13 PM 
And this site has died more because some laid political beliefs out there and canít come to the table with reality than over apathy for Bobcat sports.

Last Edited: 11/12/2020 6:13:02 PM by BillyTheCat

Back to Top
  
giacomo
General User

Member Since: 11/20/2007
Post Count: 1,738

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/13/2020 5:10:21 PM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
SVAC83 wrote:
i think it is just a matter of every accusation needs to be followed out. Yes there has been no widespread voter fraud found. And i don't think there will be and the president will eventually concede. But this is a process that has happened.

To me personally a lot of good as come of this. we have had several secretary's of state admit that there voter roles need cleaned up and that there are illegal votes out there. So maybe we can get some election reform out of this. Because how about some of these house races that are down to under 100 votes. a few dead voters or illegal votes or votes by people no longer in state could matter.

We also hav3 some count irregularities. don't get me wrong none of these are wide spread fraud to steal the presidency but they are things that if cleaned up would give more faith in future elections.


Is there not a way to clean up very low scale voting issues without a campaign that's full of outright lies calling the core of American Democracy into question?

This is very simple: one party wants people to vote. One party wants fewer people to vote. The lies about widespread fraud are just the latest in a long, long line of examples in which conservatives in America try to limit voting, and create distrust in the system.

Oh, and as free fund raising and publicity for Trump's move into cable TV because once a conman, always a conman.




I completely agree with you. The republicans don't want a big voter turnout and never will. Have you ever heard a republican politician tell people to vote in their message? Never. They know their constituents vote more often than democrats. Read this from the WSJ. The columnist is African American, too:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/whats-so-great-about-high-vo...
Back to Top
  
SVAC83
General User

Member Since: 10/1/2019
Post Count: 76

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/15/2020 2:13:22 PM 
I think republicans do want big voter turnout. Trump has received the second highest vote count of anyone in history. If it were not for record turnout he would of not of won Texas or Florida. would of not of had a shot in Michigan or Pennsylvania or Arizona. Record turnout allowed the republican senator of north Carolina to retain his seat. Record turnout made ohio lead as big as it was.

Record turnout allowed Republicans to probably win a extra 10 or 11 house seats and to have a chance to control the senate.

I think there is a big difference in between old republicans and new republicans. Granted most of the republicans out there right now on national stage are old republicans. But they now have a new group of people they represent.

I think over the next 4 to 8 years people will really begin to understand that the parties have now changed sides. and the democrats are now the voice of the people who used to represent the rich and companies and republicans are now the party of the working man and the poor.
Back to Top
  
SVAC83
General User

Member Since: 10/1/2019
Post Count: 76

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/15/2020 2:17:23 PM 
also for those of you that don't think all allegations should be pursued... Do you think all accusations of child abuse should be pursued until proven false, how about rape? how about abuse?

Look i think trump is a big cry baby making things up as he goes... but one of these factors are not mutually exclusive of the others. we can do everything that we have to do to take these claims seriously and still have the peaceful transition of power.
Back to Top
  
SVAC83
General User

Member Since: 10/1/2019
Post Count: 76

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/15/2020 2:25:15 PM 
i am a conservative and most conservatives i know want more people to vote. I think it would be great if we had 100% voter participation by all qualified people.
but i think every person that votes should have an ID if this makes it harder for some people to vote lets make it easier for them to get a ID. I think only citizens and people that meet residency guidelines should vote. this should not be hard to do and something i would think all Americans should like and believe in. That stops outsiders from having a influence of our elections.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 1,778

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/15/2020 3:56:07 PM 
SVAC83 wrote:
I think republicans do want big voter turnout. Trump has received the second highest vote count of anyone in history. If it were not for record turnout he would of not of won Texas or Florida. would of not of had a shot in Michigan or Pennsylvania or Arizona. Record turnout allowed the republican senator of north Carolina to retain his seat. Record turnout made ohio lead as big as it was.

Record turnout allowed Republicans to probably win a extra 10 or 11 house seats and to have a chance to control the senate.



Let's assume this is true and Republicans want big voter turnout. How do you then explain the following examples?

1. GOP Governor of Texs vastly reduces voting dropboxes a week before the election, leaving the largest county in Texas -- an area the size of Rhode Island -- with only a single dropbox: https://www.texastribune.org/2020/10/27/texas-voting-elec... /

A similar law was passed in Ohio.

2. Republican groups making illegal, false robocalls to poor, inner-city areas falsely stating that voting by mail necessitates turning over personal information to police departments and credit bureaus: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/08/27/roboca... /

3. GOP run states like WI moving to limit early voting: https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/2020/06/29/w... /

4. The President himself tweeting and campaigning for months against mail in voting, claiming widespread fraud despite any evidence to that effect.

5. Evidence showing that in 2016 the Trump campaign ran ads targeted at minorities discouraging them from voting. Their campaign had an audience of voters on Facebook that they labelled "Deterrence" and their strategy was to keep them home on election day. It was their stated strategy: https://www.channel4.com/news/revealed-trump-campaign-str...

6. If Republicans want people to vote and want it to be easy to do so, explain why voter purges are a Republican strategy. In Georgia, 1.4 million voters were dropped from rolls, including anybody that hadn't voted in 6 years.

7. Why have Republicans -- chief among them Donald Trump -- spent years insisting that widespread voter fraud exists despite a complete lack of evidence supporting that claim? If you want everybody to vote, would you do that?

8. Why have Republican states consistently been found guilty of illegal gerrymandering? https://www.reuters.com/article/us-north-carolina-gerryma...

9. Why did Republicans file 40 voting lawsuits in 2020, all designed to make it more difficult to vote? https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-virus-outbreak-d...

This list could go on and on. The evidence is clear from the GOP's policy choices. How do you reconcile those things with your belief that Republicans want more people to vote?

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,632

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/15/2020 3:57:08 PM 
SVAC83 wrote:
i am a conservative and most conservatives i know want more people to vote. I think it would be great if we had 100% voter participation by all qualified people.
but i think every person that votes should have an ID if this makes it harder for some people to vote lets make it easier for them to get a ID. I think only citizens and people that meet residency guidelines should vote. this should not be hard to do and something i would think all Americans should like and believe in. That stops outsiders from having a influence of our elections.


Really? Than please explain all the voter restrictions that have raised in the past few years?
Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 6,209

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/15/2020 3:57:33 PM 
SVAC83 wrote:
also for those of you that don't think all allegations should be pursued... Do you think all accusations of child abuse should be pursued until proven false, how about rape? how about abuse?

Look i think trump is a big cry baby making things up as he goes... but one of these factors are not mutually exclusive of the others. we can do everything that we have to do to take these claims seriously and still have the peaceful transition of power.


Kind of false equivalencies, don't you think? It's been proved time and time again that there is little to no vote fraud in our elections.

Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 1,778

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/15/2020 3:58:05 PM 
SVAC83 wrote:
also for those of you that don't think all allegations should be pursued... Do you think all accusations of child abuse should be pursued until proven false, how about rape? how about abuse?

Look i think trump is a big cry baby making things up as he goes... but one of these factors are not mutually exclusive of the others. we can do everything that we have to do to take these claims seriously and still have the peaceful transition of power.


Do I think non-violent crimes, of which there is no evidence available suggesting a widespread problem, should receive the same resource allocation as violent crimes and sexual assault involving minors?

No, I do not.

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,632

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/15/2020 4:35:03 PM 
Alan Swank wrote:
SVAC83 wrote:
also for those of you that don't think all allegations should be pursued... Do you think all accusations of child abuse should be pursued until proven false, how about rape? how about abuse?

Look i think trump is a big cry baby making things up as he goes... but one of these factors are not mutually exclusive of the others. we can do everything that we have to do to take these claims seriously and still have the peaceful transition of power.


Kind of false equivalencies, don't you think? It's been proved time and time again that there is little to no vote fraud in our elections.



Facts AL Facts! Newsmaxx and OaNN are calling the fraud through their extensive network of trained journalist and prize winning reporters.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 1,778

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/15/2020 5:18:09 PM 
SVAC83 wrote:


I think there is a big difference in between old republicans and new republicans. Granted most of the republicans out there right now on national stage are old republicans. But they now have a new group of people they represent.

I think over the next 4 to 8 years people will really begin to understand that the parties have now changed sides. and the democrats are now the voice of the people who used to represent the rich and companies and republicans are now the party of the working man and the poor.


Low income voters (50k + below households) voted for Biden by a 12 point margin. That's an increase over 2016, in which they voted for Clinton by an 8 point margin. High income voters swung further towards Trump.

I know Republicans are trying to newly claim they're the party of the working class, but in doing so, there leaving out a key adjective. They're the party of the white working class. Once you include minority voting blocs, Republicans are 12 points away -- a huge and growing margin -- from being the party of choice amongst the working man and the poor.
Back to Top
  
SVAC83
General User

Member Since: 10/1/2019
Post Count: 76

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: The "college" vote?
   Posted: 11/15/2020 5:24:48 PM 
There are people convicted of voter fraud almost every year. and depending on the state or the city there is long evidence of the fact. And if that newsmax and that other news organization i have never seen or really heard of either of them. I watch CNBC a lot. fox business a lot. I watch fox news some in the morning but the other evening show i ever watch is the story with what her name. i cant stand the rest of those blow hard in the evening i usually listen to CNN i occasionally listen to MSNBC but when they start yelling at the screen i cant stand it and turn.

I agree if your totally liberal you would think that any rule even if it just is requiring voter ID would be to suppress the voter. In Texas i do believe those moves were just to agree to what the state law had already stated it should be not what people decided to do. I could be wrong.

And of course news agencies that put out poles that say the election is over this candidate is up by 17 points is not voter suppression. or poles that never put trump ahead in states he won by 8 or 10 points were not to suppress votes. I live in southern Ohio i got robo calls telling me that because of COVID that my polling place would be closed the next day... i find that hard to believe that was a republican suppression call in a area as deep read as i live. I had several people talking about the calls in my county.

I am not saying some republicans haven't and don't want to suppress votes. but most of the cases i have seen have really not been much more then requiring a ID and i am sorry i don't think asking you to prove you are who you say you are is voter suppression.
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  51 - 75  of 149 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6    Next >
View Other 'General Ohio University Discussion/Alumni Events' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



Copyright ©2020 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties