Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
General Ohio University Discussion/Alumni Events
Topic:  RE: 100K bonus

Topic:  RE: 100K bonus
Author
Message
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 2,787

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 100K bonus
   Posted: 9/30/2020 10:30:12 AM 
Alan Swank wrote:
Three things to read:

https://www.athensnews.com/opinion/letters/former-interim...


In my small business,I was taught by my father and grandfather, to read every contract I have to sign,word by word,no matter what its for,or how long it is.

I'm one of those people who actually reads rental car agreements.

I find it hard to believe that an interim president,of a large university, would merely affix his signature,electronic or otherwise,to an employee's contract,without reading the document.




Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 6,164

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 100K bonus
   Posted: 9/30/2020 1:38:11 PM 
rpbobcat wrote:
Alan Swank wrote:
Three things to read:

https://www.athensnews.com/opinion/letters/former-interim...


In my small business,I was taught by my father and grandfather, to read every contract I have to sign,word by word,no matter what its for,or how long it is.

I'm one of those people who actually reads rental car agreements.

I find it hard to believe that an interim president,of a large university, would merely affix his signature,electronic or otherwise,to an employee's contract,without reading the document.






Every cotract or only those at a certain level?

And this statement pretty well positions what he did and why.

"At the spring 2017 Trustees meeting, I was approached by two Trustees who asked to talk with me in private. They told me that the Trustees had decided to award Ms. Shaffer a retention bonus to secure her services through June 2020. They made it plain that they were seeking neither my input nor my approval because the Trustees had already decided. I understood the Trustees had the authority to make such a decision, and I did not view their decision as irregular in any way."

Last Edited: 9/30/2020 1:40:23 PM by Alan Swank

Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 2,787

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 100K bonus
   Posted: 9/30/2020 2:58:06 PM 
Alan Swank wrote:
rpbobcat wrote:
Alan Swank wrote:
Three things to read:

https://www.athensnews.com/opinion/letters/former-interim...


In my small business,I was taught by my father and grandfather, to read every contract I have to sign,word by word,no matter what its for,or how long it is.

I'm one of those people who actually reads rental car agreements.

I find it hard to believe that an interim president,of a large university, would merely affix his signature,electronic or otherwise,to an employee's contract,without reading the document.






Every cotract or only those at a certain level?

And this statement pretty well positions what he did and why.

"At the spring 2017 Trustees meeting, I was approached by two Trustees who asked to talk with me in private. They told me that the Trustees had decided to award Ms. Shaffer a retention bonus to secure her services through June 2020. They made it plain that they were seeking neither my input nor my approval because the Trustees had already decided. I understood the Trustees had the authority to make such a decision, and I did not view their decision as irregular in any way."


Every contract I have to sign,I read,cover to cover.

I understand why he went along with the Board of Trustees.

My question is, how would he even know what was in Ms.Shaffer's contract,if he signed it without reading it first ?

Last Edited: 9/30/2020 2:58:38 PM by rpbobcat

Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 6,164

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 100K bonus
   Posted: 10/1/2020 6:09:08 PM 
rpbobcat wrote:
Alan Swank wrote:
rpbobcat wrote:
Alan Swank wrote:
Three things to read:

https://www.athensnews.com/opinion/letters/former-interim...


In my small business,I was taught by my father and grandfather, to read every contract I have to sign,word by word,no matter what its for,or how long it is.

I'm one of those people who actually reads rental car agreements.

I find it hard to believe that an interim president,of a large university, would merely affix his signature,electronic or otherwise,to an employee's contract,without reading the document.






Every cotract or only those at a certain level?

And this statement pretty well positions what he did and why.

"At the spring 2017 Trustees meeting, I was approached by two Trustees who asked to talk with me in private. They told me that the Trustees had decided to award Ms. Shaffer a retention bonus to secure her services through June 2020. They made it plain that they were seeking neither my input nor my approval because the Trustees had already decided. I understood the Trustees had the authority to make such a decision, and I did not view their decision as irregular in any way."


Every contract I have to sign,I read,cover to cover.

I understand why he went along with the Board of Trustees.

My question is, how would he even know what was in Ms.Shaffer's contract,if he signed it without reading it first ?


Bottom line is that these types of expenditures are making it harder and harder for long time supporters of the university to open up their wallets and continue to give. Before you say "well if it wasn't this, it would be something else," that is exactly the point. There have been way too many "something elses" lately.
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,541

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 100K bonus
   Posted: 10/1/2020 9:13:28 PM 
Alan Swank wrote:
rpbobcat wrote:
Alan Swank wrote:
rpbobcat wrote:
Alan Swank wrote:
Three things to read:

https://www.athensnews.com/opinion/letters/former-interim...


In my small business,I was taught by my father and grandfather, to read every contract I have to sign,word by word,no matter what its for,or how long it is.

I'm one of those people who actually reads rental car agreements.

I find it hard to believe that an interim president,of a large university, would merely affix his signature,electronic or otherwise,to an employee's contract,without reading the document.






Every cotract or only those at a certain level?

And this statement pretty well positions what he did and why.

"At the spring 2017 Trustees meeting, I was approached by two Trustees who asked to talk with me in private. They told me that the Trustees had decided to award Ms. Shaffer a retention bonus to secure her services through June 2020. They made it plain that they were seeking neither my input nor my approval because the Trustees had already decided. I understood the Trustees had the authority to make such a decision, and I did not view their decision as irregular in any way."


Every contract I have to sign,I read,cover to cover.

I understand why he went along with the Board of Trustees.

My question is, how would he even know what was in Ms.Shaffer's contract,if he signed it without reading it first ?


Bottom line is that these types of expenditures are making it harder and harder for long time supporters of the university to open up their wallets and continue to give. Before you say "well if it wasn't this, it would be something else," that is exactly the point. There have been way too many "something elses" lately.


+1

And news today on this is a head scratcher

Back to Top
  
JSF
General User



Member Since: 1/29/2005
Location: Houston, TX
Post Count: 5,536

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 100K bonus
   Posted: 10/3/2020 10:49:05 PM 
It's been like this a while. The administrators take care of each other and the staff that truly matters get cut out. And people wonder why our profile is falling or want to blame other schools for our problems.


"Loyalty to a hometown or city is fleeting and interchangeable, but college is a stamp of identity."- Kyle Whelliston, One Beautiful Season.

My blog about depression and mental illness: https://bit.ly/3buGXH8

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,541

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 100K bonus
   Posted: 10/4/2020 2:00:04 AM 
JSF wrote:
It's been like this a while. The administrators take care of each other and the staff that truly matters get cut out. And people wonder why our profile is falling or want to blame other schools for our problems.


Bingo! The first bonus ok, the second, based totally on staying = JOKE
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  26 - 32  of 32 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2
View Other 'General Ohio University Discussion/Alumni Events' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



Copyright ©2020 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties