Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
General Ohio University Discussion/Alumni Events
Topic:  And now the engineers

Topic:  And now the engineers
Author
Message
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 5,439

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  And now the engineers
   Posted: 11/1/2019 5:54:19 PM 
https://woub.org/2019/11/01/ohio-university-investigates-... /
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 10,322

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: And now the engineers
   Posted: 11/1/2019 7:38:16 PM 
Cue, rpbobcat! ;-)

We need to investigate the investigators. Something very suspect about this stuff. And not a peep from President Nellis.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 2,461

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: And now the engineers
   Posted: 11/1/2019 8:05:48 PM 
What's unusual is saying they are under a "conduct review".

Sounds like different wording for investigation and cease and desist.

For engineers maybe it has something to do with inappropriate pocket protectors.

Personally,I never knew there were co-ed fraternities.

Then again,when I was in college there weren't many female engineers.

I do agree 100% with OCF on Nellis.

I figured he would have said something,anything,by now.

I thought his First Friday letter was a perfect opportunity.

Nope.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 1,279

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: And now the engineers
   Posted: 11/2/2019 11:52:28 AM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
Cue, rpbobcat! ;-)

We need to investigate the investigators. Something very suspect about this stuff. And not a peep from President Nellis.


What's suspect, exactly? We know there have been many reports of misbehavior, those reports are being investigated. What's with the need to assume conspiracy in every area of American life these days? The simplest, most obvious answer is almost always the right one.
Back to Top
  
JSF
General User



Member Since: 1/29/2005
Location: Where the AAC, SEC, and C-USA Overlap
Post Count: 5,358

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: And now the engineers
   Posted: 11/2/2019 3:26:25 PM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
We need to investigate the investigators.


Seriously?


"Loyalty to a hometown or city is fleeting and interchangeable, but college is a stamp of identity."- Kyle Whelliston, One Beautiful Season.

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 5,673

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: And now the engineers
   Posted: 11/2/2019 10:45:35 PM 
In 2004 I witnessed some engineer friends haze freshman by making them run around the block in just a pocket protector. Itís institutional, need to ban them all.
Back to Top
  
OUPride
General User

Member Since: 9/21/2010
Post Count: 371

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: And now the engineers
   Posted: 11/3/2019 7:34:32 AM 
The question is would you rather the university be getting the press that goes with acting proactively to change an outdated and dangerous campus culture or would you rather it be getting the press that goes with sweeping it under the rug.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/education/2019/11/03/did-... /
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 10,322

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: And now the engineers
   Posted: 11/3/2019 8:49:26 AM 
JSF wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
We need to investigate the investigators.


Seriously?


Did you actually read the post by the band parent. It's typical of the way this investigation has been run. Putting your jacket in the mud is certainly a crime against humanity that must be stop at all costs.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 1,279

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: And now the engineers
   Posted: 11/3/2019 10:00:57 AM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
JSF wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
We need to investigate the investigators.


Seriously?


Did you actually read the post by the band parent. It's typical of the way this investigation has been run. Putting your jacket in the mud is certainly a crime against humanity that must be stop at all costs.


Ah yes, the notoriously reliable source of info on what's going on at college: parents of college students. I definitely told mine 100% of what went on in Athens.

Last Edited: 11/3/2019 10:04:02 AM by Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame

Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 2,461

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: And now the engineers
   Posted: 11/3/2019 11:03:24 AM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
In 2004 I witnessed some engineer friends haze freshman by making them run around the block in just a pocket protector. Itís institutional, need to ban them all.


And where exactly was the pocket protector attached ?

The WOUB report said they suspended all "non-academic group activities".

So does that mean no cruising around town looking for the latest thing in calculators ?

Then again,being lumped in with the frats,sororities,and the 110, makes engineers part of the "cool kids".

Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 5,439

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: And now the engineers
   Posted: 11/3/2019 11:13:13 AM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
JSF wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
We need to investigate the investigators.


Seriously?


Did you actually read the post by the band parent. It's typical of the way this investigation has been run. Putting your jacket in the mud is certainly a crime against humanity that must be stop at all costs.


Ah yes, the notoriously reliable source of info on what's going on at college: parents of college students. I definitely told mine 100% of what went on in Athens.


You'd be amazed how much college students - particularly girls - tell their parents. In many cases the relationship is more like sisters than mother-daughter. Helicoptering, bulldozing and constant contac through texting has led to a much different relationship than even 10 or 15 years ago and certainly 30 or 40 years ago. I make that statement based on lots of anecdotal first hand evidence.

Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 1,279

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: And now the engineers
   Posted: 11/3/2019 11:25:19 AM 
Alan Swank wrote:
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
JSF wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
We need to investigate the investigators.


Seriously?


Did you actually read the post by the band parent. It's typical of the way this investigation has been run. Putting your jacket in the mud is certainly a crime against humanity that must be stop at all costs.


Ah yes, the notoriously reliable source of info on what's going on at college: parents of college students. I definitely told mine 100% of what went on in Athens.


You'd be amazed how much college students - particularly girls - tell their parents. In many cases the relationship is more like sisters than mother-daughter. Helicoptering, bulldozing and constant contac through texting has led to a much different relationship than even 10 or 15 years ago and certainly 30 or 40 years ago. I make that statement based on lots of anecdotal first hand evidence.



Yeah, maybe. Either way, a second hand retelling of what somebody heard from their daughters, isn't really enough for me to think we need to "investigate the investigators."

I mean, the official story here makes tons of sense. What's the other version that makes any sense at all? I was told, after all, this was a conspiracy against Fraternities. Since then, some Fraternities have been reinstated and non-Greek orgs have faced the same fate.

What needs to be investigated, exactly? Literally everything folks here wanted -- even the ones who thought this was a disgrace -- has been done. We know the content of the complaints. We know what steps are being taken.

At this point, anger here is just about the mere fact that some people didn't like the decision. Should we launch an investigation anytime the University makes a decision some percentage of alums get upset by?

Last Edited: 11/3/2019 11:26:56 AM by Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame

Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 10,322

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: And now the engineers
   Posted: 11/3/2019 12:03:05 PM 
rpbobcat wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
In 2004 I witnessed some engineer friends haze freshman by making them run around the block in just a pocket protector. Itís institutional, need to ban them all.


And where exactly was the pocket protector attached ?

The WOUB report said they suspended all "non-academic group activities".

So does that mean no cruising around town looking for the latest thing in calculators ?

Then again,being lumped in with the frats,sororities,and the 110, makes engineers part of the "cool kids".



+1

Satirical humor . . . love it!


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
Deciduous Forest Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Ohio
Post Count: 3,615

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: And now the engineers
   Posted: 11/3/2019 12:36:47 PM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
In 2004 I witnessed some engineer friends haze freshman by making them run around the block in just a pocket protector. Itís institutional, need to ban them all.


Ok, this has me curious. How does one wear a pocket protector with no pocket?

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 5,673

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: And now the engineers
   Posted: 11/3/2019 10:47:08 PM 
rpbobcat wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
In 2004 I witnessed some engineer friends haze freshman by making them run around the block in just a pocket protector. Itís institutional, need to ban them all.


And where exactly was the pocket protector attached ?

The WOUB report said they suspended all "non-academic group activities".

So does that mean no cruising around town looking for the latest thing in calculators ?

Then again,being lumped in with the frats,sororities,and the 110, makes engineers part of the "cool kids".



In 2004 you werenít cool, still arenít. Funny, you donít seem to comment much about engineering frat being under th discipline as you did others. Just because in 2004 you guys were lame doesnít mean they still are.
Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 2,461

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: And now the engineers
   Posted: 11/4/2019 6:46:17 AM 
BillyTheCat wrote:


In 2004 you werenít cool, still arenít. Funny, you donít seem to comment much about engineering frat being under th discipline as you did others. Just because in 2004 you guys were lame doesnít mean they still are.


Don't know where you got 2004 from ?

I've posted a number a number of times that I went to O.U. back in the 70's.

Of course, we weren't cool then either.
Especially walking around campus with Slide Rules.
The real nerds used the "loop" to hang them from their belts.

Also,never said engineers were cool.
I just said that because of this investigation we were now lumped in with the "cool kids".

Just like I posted about the other suspensions,I want O.U. to say exactly what the frat is accused of.
The WOUB piece only has 2 paragraphs about Theta Tau.
The rest of the piece talked about the fraternity issue in general.
I clicked the link with the piece.
All it says is "conduct review",same as the 2 Business Fraternities.

The article in today's The Post didn't say much either:

www.thepostathens.com/article/2019/11/ohio-university-eng...





Last Edited: 11/4/2019 6:55:59 AM by rpbobcat

Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 1,279

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: And now the engineers
   Posted: 11/4/2019 7:56:58 AM 
rpbobcat wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:


In 2004 you werenít cool, still arenít. Funny, you donít seem to comment much about engineering frat being under th discipline as you did others. Just because in 2004 you guys were lame doesnít mean they still are.


Don't know where you got 2004 from ?

I've posted a number a number of times that I went to O.U. back in the 70's.

Of course, we weren't cool then either.
Especially walking around campus with Slide Rules.
The real nerds used the "loop" to hang them from their belts.

Also,never said engineers were cool.
I just said that because of this investigation we were now lumped in with the "cool kids".

Just like I posted about the other suspensions,I want O.U. to say exactly what the frat is accused of.
The WOUB piece only has 2 paragraphs about Theta Tau.
The rest of the piece talked about the fraternity issue in general.
I clicked the link with the piece.
All it says is "conduct review",same as the 2 Business Fraternities.

The article in today's The Post didn't say much either:

http://www.thepostathens.com/article/2019/11/ohio-univers...


Billy is telling a joke. But don't worry, your reaction to it is a reflection of how funny the joke is. There's really no reason why you should have been expected to get it.

His joke references this thread: http://www.bobcatattack.com/messageboard/topic.asp?FromPa...

In it, Billy posts about how the Rugby team was suspended. I say that I don't find that surprising, given that I witnessed the Rugby team haze people on multiple occasions. Billy tries to downplay what I saw, so I provide more detail. Because he couldn't defend the behavior itself, he decided that it was irrelevant because I witnessed it in 2004. The Post article then came out, and the accusations were basically identical to what I witnessed.

So that's why all of his posts on this subject include a joke about 2004. You see, what happened is that Billy tried to argue with me on using logic and the merits of his stance, failed miserably, and is now trying desperately to restate my argument to be that I think all of these organizations should be banned because I witnessed something in 2004.

It is, actually, very funny. Just not for any of the reasons he thinks it is.

Last Edited: 11/4/2019 8:04:12 AM by Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame

Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 2,461

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: And now the engineers
   Posted: 11/4/2019 9:42:40 AM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
rpbobcat wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:


In 2004 you werenít cool, still arenít. Funny, you donít seem to comment much about engineering frat being under th discipline as you did others. Just because in 2004 you guys were lame doesnít mean they still are.


Don't know where you got 2004 from ?

I've posted a number a number of times that I went to O.U. back in the 70's.

Of course, we weren't cool then either.
Especially walking around campus with Slide Rules.
The real nerds used the "loop" to hang them from their belts.

Also,never said engineers were cool.
I just said that because of this investigation we were now lumped in with the "cool kids".

Just like I posted about the other suspensions,I want O.U. to say exactly what the frat is accused of.
The WOUB piece only has 2 paragraphs about Theta Tau.
The rest of the piece talked about the fraternity issue in general.
I clicked the link with the piece.
All it says is "conduct review",same as the 2 Business Fraternities.

The article in today's The Post didn't say much either:

http://www.thepostathens.com/article/2019/11/ohio-univers...


Billy is telling a joke. But don't worry, your reaction to it is a reflection of how funny the joke is. There's really no reason why you should have been expected to get it.

His joke references this thread: http://www.bobcatattack.com/messageboard/topic.asp?FromPa...

In it, Billy posts about how the Rugby team was suspended. I say that I don't find that surprising, given that I witnessed the Rugby team haze people on multiple occasions. Billy tries to downplay what I saw, so I provide more detail. Because he couldn't defend the behavior itself, he decided that it was irrelevant because I witnessed it in 2004. The Post article then came out, and the accusations were basically identical to what I witnessed.

So that's why all of his posts on this subject include a joke about 2004. You see, what happened is that Billy tried to argue with me on using logic and the merits of his stance, failed miserably, and is now trying desperately to restate my argument to be that I think all of these organizations should be banned because I witnessed something in 2004.

It is, actually, very funny. Just not for any of the reasons he thinks it is.


Actually, I did get.

Obviously ,you didn't get my satirical response about engineers never being cool,even when I was at O.U.
But at least now,we're in the same group as the cool kids.

Of course,when I was at O.U.,I never knew there was an engineering fraternity.
Didn't find out until I transferred.

I also wanted to add,on a some what serious note,is that, other then a vague reference to a "conduct review",O.U. hasn't said anything about what the frat is accused of.




Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 5,673

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: And now the engineers
   Posted: 11/4/2019 4:29:15 PM 
The faux outrage by several here is laughable. Where was your outrage on this board last November when this happened? Where was your condemnation of the fraternal organizations then? Go back and look at the posting on the death, and read all that outrage that NONE of you had. Threads about Miami having destructive parties gained way more scrunity than a hazing death. The record is just a page or so down.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 1,279

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: And now the engineers
   Posted: 11/4/2019 4:56:39 PM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
The faux outrage by several here is laughable. Where was your outrage on this board last November when this happened? Where was your condemnation of the fraternal organizations then? Go back and look at the posting on the death, and read all that outrage that NONE of you had. Threads about Miami having destructive parties gained way more scrunity than a hazing death. The record is just a page or so down.


Whatever you need to tell yourself to feel like you've got the moral high ground here, my man.

Just out of curiosity, what sort of reaction do I need to post on the internet to be allowed to find a death bad in the future? And how soon after the death do I need to post it? Just want to make sure I'm following all of the proper steps necessary for you to find my wild "killing people is bad" viewpoint valid next time around.

Last Edited: 11/4/2019 4:57:33 PM by Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 5,673

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: And now the engineers
   Posted: 11/4/2019 6:07:09 PM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
The faux outrage by several here is laughable. Where was your outrage on this board last November when this happened? Where was your condemnation of the fraternal organizations then? Go back and look at the posting on the death, and read all that outrage that NONE of you had. Threads about Miami having destructive parties gained way more scrunity than a hazing death. The record is just a page or so down.


Whatever you need to tell yourself to feel like you've got the moral high ground here, my man.

Just out of curiosity, what sort of reaction do I need to post on the internet to be allowed to find a death bad in the future? And how soon after the death do I need to post it? Just want to make sure I'm following all of the proper steps necessary for you to find my wild "killing people is bad" viewpoint valid next time around.



Continue with your moral crusade. Again, where were you when the death occurred? Your poutrage was absent. Just because you dislike groups now you are an activist. Enjoy your moral high ground, maybe you can help pass some legislation that will end all cases like this in the future.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 1,279

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: And now the engineers
   Posted: 11/4/2019 6:22:51 PM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
The faux outrage by several here is laughable. Where was your outrage on this board last November when this happened? Where was your condemnation of the fraternal organizations then? Go back and look at the posting on the death, and read all that outrage that NONE of you had. Threads about Miami having destructive parties gained way more scrunity than a hazing death. The record is just a page or so down.


Whatever you need to tell yourself to feel like you've got the moral high ground here, my man.

Just out of curiosity, what sort of reaction do I need to post on the internet to be allowed to find a death bad in the future? And how soon after the death do I need to post it? Just want to make sure I'm following all of the proper steps necessary for you to find my wild "killing people is bad" viewpoint valid next time around.



Continue with your moral crusade. Again, where were you when the death occurred? Your poutrage was absent. Just because you dislike groups now you are an activist. Enjoy your moral high ground, maybe you can help pass some legislation that will end all cases like this in the future.


Yeah man, I'm an activist on a moral crusade. Either that, or I'm some dude on the internet who has an opinion that's different than yours and so, for no real reason at all, you've spent the last three weeks flailing around desperately to prove to yourself that I don't actually think what I think. One of those two things.


Last Edited: 11/4/2019 6:36:17 PM by Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 5,673

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: And now the engineers
   Posted: 11/4/2019 8:44:44 PM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
The faux outrage by several here is laughable. Where was your outrage on this board last November when this happened? Where was your condemnation of the fraternal organizations then? Go back and look at the posting on the death, and read all that outrage that NONE of you had. Threads about Miami having destructive parties gained way more scrunity than a hazing death. The record is just a page or so down.


Whatever you need to tell yourself to feel like you've got the moral high ground here, my man.

Just out of curiosity, what sort of reaction do I need to post on the internet to be allowed to find a death bad in the future? And how soon after the death do I need to post it? Just want to make sure I'm following all of the proper steps necessary for you to find my wild "killing people is bad" viewpoint valid next time around.



Continue with your moral crusade. Again, where were you when the death occurred? Your poutrage was absent. Just because you dislike groups now you are an activist. Enjoy your moral high ground, maybe you can help pass some legislation that will end all cases like this in the future.


Yeah man, I'm an activist on a moral crusade. Either that, or I'm some dude on the internet who has an opinion that's different than yours and so, for no real reason at all, you've spent the last three weeks flailing around desperately to prove to yourself that I don't actually think what I think. One of those two things.




Funny Iíve asked you three times the question can you continue to deflect. Where was your Internet out rage one year ago when this young man passed away. Put up or shut up with your answer and move along. Answer is That you really didnít care enough to come on here and spout your moral high ground. However Now youíre a gym Baker and Pat Robertson all rolled into one how convenient

Last Edited: 11/4/2019 8:50:41 PM by BillyTheCat

Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 1,279

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: And now the engineers
   Posted: 11/5/2019 9:17:53 AM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
The faux outrage by several here is laughable. Where was your outrage on this board last November when this happened? Where was your condemnation of the fraternal organizations then? Go back and look at the posting on the death, and read all that outrage that NONE of you had. Threads about Miami having destructive parties gained way more scrunity than a hazing death. The record is just a page or so down.


Whatever you need to tell yourself to feel like you've got the moral high ground here, my man.

Just out of curiosity, what sort of reaction do I need to post on the internet to be allowed to find a death bad in the future? And how soon after the death do I need to post it? Just want to make sure I'm following all of the proper steps necessary for you to find my wild "killing people is bad" viewpoint valid next time around.



Continue with your moral crusade. Again, where were you when the death occurred? Your poutrage was absent. Just because you dislike groups now you are an activist. Enjoy your moral high ground, maybe you can help pass some legislation that will end all cases like this in the future.


Yeah man, I'm an activist on a moral crusade. Either that, or I'm some dude on the internet who has an opinion that's different than yours and so, for no real reason at all, you've spent the last three weeks flailing around desperately to prove to yourself that I don't actually think what I think. One of those two things.




Funny Iíve asked you three times the question can you continue to deflect. Where was your Internet out rage one year ago when this young man passed away. Put up or shut up with your answer and move along. Answer is That you really didnít care enough to come on here and spout your moral high ground. However Now youíre a gym Baker and Pat Robertson all rolled into one how convenient



I didn't know about it. Or at least, I don't recall knowing about it. Does that make any of what I'm saying now invalid?

You, The Optimist -- you can't argue with my point on merits, so you desperately try and find a reason not to accept it as valid. Why? It's irrelevant because I haven't visited Athens in years? Or because I didn't know about the fraternity death at the time?

Again, what's that say about your stance?

Further, I directly addressed to you why I think this story has led to a greater response than the death last fall. You never replied. That was weeks ago. For some reason, you've since turned this into a personal crusade and criticized me. Read through the Rugby thread. At what point did anything I say merit your being such a dick to me, exactly?

It didn't. We simply disagreed, and you're incapable of dealing with that. It's very weird behavior, dude.
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 5,673

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: And now the engineers
   Posted: 11/6/2019 12:46:44 PM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
The faux outrage by several here is laughable. Where was your outrage on this board last November when this happened? Where was your condemnation of the fraternal organizations then? Go back and look at the posting on the death, and read all that outrage that NONE of you had. Threads about Miami having destructive parties gained way more scrunity than a hazing death. The record is just a page or so down.


Whatever you need to tell yourself to feel like you've got the moral high ground here, my man.

Just out of curiosity, what sort of reaction do I need to post on the internet to be allowed to find a death bad in the future? And how soon after the death do I need to post it? Just want to make sure I'm following all of the proper steps necessary for you to find my wild "killing people is bad" viewpoint valid next time around.



Continue with your moral crusade. Again, where were you when the death occurred? Your poutrage was absent. Just because you dislike groups now you are an activist. Enjoy your moral high ground, maybe you can help pass some legislation that will end all cases like this in the future.


Yeah man, I'm an activist on a moral crusade. Either that, or I'm some dude on the internet who has an opinion that's different than yours and so, for no real reason at all, you've spent the last three weeks flailing around desperately to prove to yourself that I don't actually think what I think. One of those two things.




Funny Iíve asked you three times the question can you continue to deflect. Where was your Internet out rage one year ago when this young man passed away. Put up or shut up with your answer and move along. Answer is That you really didnít care enough to come on here and spout your moral high ground. However Now youíre a gym Baker and Pat Robertson all rolled into one how convenient



I didn't know about it. Or at least, I don't recall knowing about it. Does that make any of what I'm saying now invalid?

You, The Optimist -- you can't argue with my point on merits, so you desperately try and find a reason not to accept it as valid. Why? It's irrelevant because I haven't visited Athens in years? Or because I didn't know about the fraternity death at the time?

Again, what's that say about your stance?

Further, I directly addressed to you why I think this story has led to a greater response than the death last fall. You never replied. That was weeks ago. For some reason, you've since turned this into a personal crusade and criticized me. Read through the Rugby thread. At what point did anything I say merit your being such a dick to me, exactly?

It didn't. We simply disagreed, and you're incapable of dealing with that. It's very weird behavior, dude.


Again, takes you 11 months to find your crocodile tears. The death was national news and was posted on this board, a board you are more active on "General" topics thread than any other. No worries, you are just being selective....It's cool.
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 25  of 33 Posts
Jump to Page:  1 | 2    Next >
View Other 'General Ohio University Discussion/Alumni Events' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



Copyright ©2019 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties