Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Marshall

Topic:  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Marshall
Author
Message
SBH
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 2,544

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Marshall
   Posted: 12/13/2020 3:47:26 PM 
Vander Plas looks like he doesn't give a crap.
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,120

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Marshall
   Posted: 12/13/2020 3:54:39 PM 
Atrocious display of basketball.

*No defense
*Boals can't start Towns over Brown ever again. Yes...we miss Roderick.
*Miguel lost.
*Can't have McDay disappear in games.

Only saving grace this slows the roll of Preston NBA talk. That was the worst basketball game I've seen him play when it comes to being out of control and court awareness. Zero floaters in the lane today.

Back to the drawing board and regroup.


Last Edited: 12/13/2020 4:05:26 PM by FearLeon


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
SBH
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 2,544

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Marshall
   Posted: 12/13/2020 3:55:51 PM 
bobcatsquared wrote:
Kinsey, who Ohio recruited hard out of Columbus, was the best player in the warmup lines during pre-game in the Convo 2 years ago. Not so much when the game counted.


This didn't age well.
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,120

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Marshall
   Posted: 12/13/2020 3:58:39 PM 
Bobcat1998 wrote:
I guess we were due for a stinker. Just no intensity. Not going to take whatever outcome too seriously. Good minutes from Brown and Towns in learning situations.


Umm....those weren't good learning minutes at all for Towns. Looked scared for sure.


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
GroverBall
General User

Member Since: 12/3/2012
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 894

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Marshall
   Posted: 12/13/2020 4:05:46 PM 

You guys all realize there's an in-game BA chat feature, right? ^^^
Back to Top
  
71 BOBCAT
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 1,470

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Marshall
   Posted: 12/13/2020 4:36:14 PM 
Simply put!
Our 4 wins were against teams that do not play much defense.
Our 2 losses were against teams that do know how to play defense.



GO BOBCATS
Back to Top
  
100%Cat
General User



Member Since: 1/17/2013
Post Count: 1,867

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Marshall
   Posted: 12/13/2020 4:37:50 PM 
When was the last time the road team won in this series?
Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,172

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Marshall
   Posted: 12/13/2020 4:39:49 PM 
SBH wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:
Kinsey, who Ohio recruited hard out of Columbus, was the best player in the warmup lines during pre-game in the Convo 2 years ago. Not so much when the game counted.


This didn't age well.


The key, for the semi-literate, is "2 years ago".
Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 1,539

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Marshall
   Posted: 12/13/2020 4:41:23 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
Bobcat1998 wrote:
I guess we were due for a stinker. Just no intensity. Not going to take whatever outcome too seriously. Good minutes from Brown and Towns in learning situations.


Umm....those weren't good learning minutes at all for Towns. Looked scared for sure.



I just meant minutes on the court against solid comp. Dude will not see a Kinsey who he was on, in MAC play. Maybe Plowden. Marshall would have been predicted to be top 3 MAC.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 1,539

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Marshall
   Posted: 12/13/2020 4:43:46 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
Atrocious display of basketball.

*No defense
*Boals can't start Towns over Brown ever again. Yes...we miss Roderick.
*Miguel lost.
*Can't have McDay disappear in games.

Only saving grace this slows the roll of Preston NBA talk. That was the worst basketball game I've seen him play when it comes to being out of control and court awareness. Zero floaters in the lane today.

Back to the drawing board and regroup.




Brown will end his career at OU as a Laster type so you are correct but bench energy is big. I will be roasted for this but what about some Granger and Sears minutes? What about McMurray and how hard he plays? Unless he was sick BVP was a waste. Rarely went inside. Never looked to score inside. Dogged loose balls. Maybe he was gassed.
Back to Top
  
berniebobcat
General User

Member Since: 11/23/2010
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Post Count: 167

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Marshall
   Posted: 12/13/2020 5:05:18 PM 
Canít figure out how to use the chat room. Is it only working during the game?

This one was a wake up call. Marshall is a good team and we didnít have many answers. Canít imagine how bad it would have been without Wilson. Heís a real upgrade from the recent past.

The question is how much better can we get this season. Last yearís team improved significantly from early in the season. It will be a real test for the coaching staff.

And what has happened to Roderick? Is the injury worse than thought?
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,826

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Marshall
   Posted: 12/13/2020 5:19:41 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
Atrocious display of basketball.

*No defense
*Boals can't start Towns over Brown ever again. Yes...we miss Roderick.
*Miguel lost.
*Can't have McDay disappear in games.

Only saving grace this slows the roll of Preston NBA talk. That was the worst basketball game I've seen him play when it comes to being out of control and court awareness. Zero floaters in the lane today.

Back to the drawing board and regroup.




That may have something to do with the defense. Itís hard to shooters from the lane of the defense doesnít allow you to get to the land.
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,826

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Marshall
   Posted: 12/13/2020 5:26:03 PM 
The fickleness of this fan base is amazing. You realize there has only been one NCAA DI team go the year undefeated? And none of them were MAC teams! Your expectations are only outmatched by your delusions of grander. SAD

Last Edited: 12/13/2020 6:20:51 PM by BillyTheCat

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,826

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Marshall
   Posted: 12/13/2020 6:20:23 PM 
Some of you are truly like watching social media, you look back in 20-20 style on a game the same as your constitutional scholarship, and your own athletic prowess. Gladly judging what young people who are better athletes and players than you ever were should have done and how you know better after watching the results. 🙄😳🤦🏼‍♂️
Back to Top
  
GroverBall
General User

Member Since: 12/3/2012
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 894

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Marshall
   Posted: 12/13/2020 6:24:46 PM 
berniebobcat wrote:
Canít figure out how to use the chat room. Is it only working during the game?

This one was a wake up call. Marshall is a good team and we didnít have many answers. Canít imagine how bad it would have been without Wilson. Heís a real upgrade from the recent past.

The question is how much better can we get this season. Last yearís team improved significantly from early in the season. It will be a real test for the coaching staff.

And what has happened to Roderick? Is the injury worse than thought?


Bernie,

Chat works at all times but if you clicked on it right now there would not be anyone else in there so you could only chat with yourself. During most games a number of BAers find their way in there and everyone is listed on the right. Each user only sees messages starting from when they entered, so as soon as you enter you will see nothing until people post something and then you'll see all posts from that point forward. I did notice that the Chat says "NOTE: You must accept "pop-ups" for the chat window to open!" so maybe that's your problem? Do you have an ad-blocker that blocks pop-ups?
Back to Top
  
GroverBall
General User

Member Since: 12/3/2012
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 894

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Marshall
   Posted: 12/13/2020 6:29:49 PM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
Some of you are truly like watching social media, you look back in 20-20 style on a game the same as your constitutional scholarship, and your own athletic prowess. Gladly judging what young people who are better athletes and players than you ever were should have done and how you know better after watching the results. 🙄😳🤦🏼‍♂️


Have you had a few BTC? What does this mean and what is driving you to share your infinite wisdom?
Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,172

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Marshall
   Posted: 12/13/2020 6:30:02 PM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
The fickleness of this fan base is amazing. You realize there has only been one NCAA DI team go the year undefeated? And none of them were MAC teams! Your expectations are only outmatched by your delusions of grander. SAD


Delusions of what. . .? Sounds like something our current (soon-to-be former) occupant of the white house would say.
Back to Top
  
oubobcatjohn
General User

Member Since: 1/1/2005
Post Count: 696

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Marshall
   Posted: 12/13/2020 7:07:09 PM 
Bobcats turned it over 17 times. No many teams win doing that. This team is not that talented to overcome sloppy play like that. We gave up over 80 points. This team has not played enough good teans yet. Marshall and Illinois are good, but the other 4 games we played were cream puffs. This needs more games vs quality competition. We play just two teams in top 300 rpi so far and lost both those games. Atleast this ends the foolish thinking we are anything close to a top 100 team or anything at large worthy. We are about a 150 type rpi team. 5 or 6 seed in Mac. We are dangerous, but still a lot of work left. Bgsu, ball state, toledo, kent state, akron and buffalo are as good if not better than Ohio. Double digit loss at Marshall demonstrates where we are at.
Back to Top
  
longtiimelurker
General User

Member Since: 2/2/2017
Post Count: 358

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Marshall
   Posted: 12/13/2020 8:34:10 PM 
GroverBall wrote:
You guys all realize there's an in-game BA chat feature, right? ^^^


Used to be pretty informative. I was out and about today so I had no chance to jump in the room.

Back to Top
  
Bobcat1996
General User

Member Since: 1/2/2017
Post Count: 551

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Marshall
   Posted: 12/13/2020 8:40:39 PM 
bobcatsquared wrote:
Jeff McKinney wrote:
Their home court advantage is always tough to overcome.


Does this still hold true in 2020?


Does anyone have a home court edge in this crazy season?
Back to Top
  
Bobcat1996
General User

Member Since: 1/2/2017
Post Count: 551

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Marshall
   Posted: 12/13/2020 8:41:26 PM 
oubobcatjohn wrote:
Bobcats turned it over 17 times. No many teams win doing that. This team is not that talented to overcome sloppy play like that. We gave up over 80 points. This team has not played enough good teans yet. Marshall and Illinois are good, but the other 4 games we played were cream puffs. This needs more games vs quality competition. We play just two teams in top 300 rpi so far and lost both those games. Atleast this ends the foolish thinking we are anything close to a top 100 team or anything at large worthy. We are about a 150 type rpi team. 5 or 6 seed in Mac. We are dangerous, but still a lot of work left. Bgsu, ball state, toledo, kent state, akron and buffalo are as good if not better than Ohio. Double digit loss at Marshall demonstrates where we are at.


Yes and Illinois got beat by an unranked Mizzou. The Bobcats beat the layup teams they should have and lost twice to tougher opponents. Bring on THE MAC SCHEDULE.

Last Edited: 12/13/2020 8:45:25 PM by Bobcat1996

Back to Top
  
longtiimelurker
General User

Member Since: 2/2/2017
Post Count: 358

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Marshall
   Posted: 12/13/2020 8:43:59 PM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
The fickleness of this fan base is amazing. You realize there has only been one NCAA DI team go the year undefeated? And none of them were MAC teams! Your expectations are only outmatched by your delusions of grander. SAD


In contrast though, this fanbase is a lot less fickle than most. It would not be hard to look at many boards and see guys who need to be talked off the ledge one game and getting out the keys to the trophy case to create room for the next Final Four hardware the next. It is the nature of being a fan, and I am really not amazed at all by them but applaud their devotedness and passion. Why get your shorts in a wad over their mood swings?

When does dreaming big change to a delusion of grandeur (with a u)? Curious.




Back to Top
  
berniebobcat
General User

Member Since: 11/23/2010
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Post Count: 167

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Marshall
   Posted: 12/13/2020 8:50:01 PM 
GroverBall wrote:
berniebobcat wrote:
Canít figure out how to use the chat room. Is it only working during the game?

This one was a wake up call. Marshall is a good team and we didnít have many answers. Canít imagine how bad it would have been without Wilson. Heís a real upgrade from the recent past.

The question is how much better can we get this season. Last yearís team improved significantly from early in the season. It will be a real test for the coaching staff.

And what has happened to Roderick? Is the injury worse than thought?


Bernie,

Chat works at all times but if you clicked on it right now there would not be anyone else in there so you could only chat with yourself. During most games a number of BAers find their way in there and everyone is listed on the right. Each user only sees messages starting from when they entered, so as soon as you enter you will see nothing until people post something and then you'll see all posts from that point forward. I did notice that the Chat says "NOTE: You must accept "pop-ups" for the chat window to open!" so maybe that's your problem? Do you have an ad-blocker that blocks pop-ups?



Thank you. I belong to a demographic that doesn't figure these things out intuitively.


Back to Top
  
Bobcat1996
General User

Member Since: 1/2/2017
Post Count: 551

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Marshall
   Posted: 12/13/2020 8:50:09 PM 
Let's hope in this crazy covid season that Ohio is able to play most of the conference games. I stress most, because we all know that covid will disrupt some games.
Back to Top
  
Bobcatzblitz
General User

Member Since: 7/21/2010
Post Count: 1,626

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 5 Thread: Marshall
   Posted: 12/13/2020 9:32:40 PM 
I spent 7 Bucks on this I'll be doing a charge back lol
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  51 - 75  of 96 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



Copyright ©2021 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties