Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  Official Game 22 Thread: Miami (OH)

Topic:  Official Game 22 Thread: Miami (OH)
Author
Message
Ted Thompson
Administrator



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: MAC Play
Post Count: 5,972

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  Official Game 22 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 2/5/2019 9:36:42 PM 

Use this thread to talk about anything game-related. 

Date: February 9th, 2019 2:00 PM

Opponent: Miami (OH)   (12-11, 4-6 MAC)

Site: Millett Hall

TV: None

Radio: Ohio Radio or TuneIn Radio

Webcast: ESPN+

Miami (OH) statisticsroster and media guide.

Miami (OH) Fan Site: MiamiHawkTalk


Follow Ohio Football recruiting on the BobcatAttack.com football recruiting database.

Back to Top
  
RSBobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/22/2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 3,933

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 22 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 2/5/2019 11:45:17 PM 
I'll get it started - Muck Fiami! I predict a rebound game (and some shots actually fall) & win (though down to the wire)


RS Bobcat

Back to Top
  
Maddog13
General User

Member Since: 12/21/2004
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Post Count: 338

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 22 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 2/6/2019 6:02:04 AM 
Losing is not an option -- EVER!!!
Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Austin, TX
Post Count: 5,186

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 22 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 2/6/2019 10:12:02 AM 
Come out with some fire and blow their f$*#ing doors off.



Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 10,021

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 22 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 2/6/2019 3:22:37 PM 
Pulled Redchicken sandwiches will be my pre-game meal!


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection.

Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: US33 between Athens and the 'Bus, OH
Post Count: 6,828

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 22 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 2/6/2019 3:54:13 PM 
GoCats105 wrote:
Come out with some fire and blow their f$*#ing doors off.


I'll be watching from a bar of some sort in NW Ohio. I hope that happens, but my level of faith right now led me to remove them from the day's betting sheet altogether...which means they'll win by 15.
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 1,764

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 22 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 2/7/2019 7:09:49 AM 
OU_Country wrote:
GoCats105 wrote:
Come out with some fire and blow their f$*#ing doors off.


I'll be watching from a bar of some sort in NW Ohio. I hope that happens, but my level of faith right now led me to remove them from the day's betting sheet altogether...which means they'll win by 15.


Ha...true. This could have a road Ball State performance to it or the reverse...a 16 point loss.


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Austin, TX
Post Count: 5,186

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 22 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 2/7/2019 9:46:58 AM 
FearLeon wrote:
OU_Country wrote:
GoCats105 wrote:
Come out with some fire and blow their f$*#ing doors off.


I'll be watching from a bar of some sort in NW Ohio. I hope that happens, but my level of faith right now led me to remove them from the day's betting sheet altogether...which means they'll win by 15.


Ha...true. This could have a road Ball State performance to it or the reverse...a 16 point loss.



Agreed. I just want this win.



Back to Top
  
UpSan Bobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/30/2005
Location: Upper Sandusky, OH
Post Count: 3,271

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 22 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 2/7/2019 11:08:16 AM 
Still a lot of basketball left, but a win would go a long way toward helping Ohio possibly get a first-round MAC tournament home game. It would move the Bobcats into the No. 8 spot and be a key win in any possible future tiebreaker scenario.
Back to Top
  
OUcats82
General User



Member Since: 1/9/2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Post Count: 1,477

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 22 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 2/7/2019 11:59:02 AM 
I think Miami has a higher ceiling than Ohio this year but I also think they can play as poorly, too looking at their record/performances.

The two teams are pretty evenly matched but Miami does have a double-digit win over BG (the Falcons' only blemish in MAC play).

If this team has a shred of pride hopefully what happened last Saturday has left a very bitter taste in their mouths and they will want to take it out on Miami.

Does the mid-week open date give the Cats fresher legs? Looks like Miami had to play a tough 40 minutes in their loss to Kent.

At this point I am hoping for any signs of life/effort/heart-even a close loss would be encouraging based on the past few road games. Short of the OT loss to NIU and wins over Ball and WUM, they have been dominated in MAC play.

If they lose by 15+ points I am afraid they have packed it in.


Ohio-The State University

Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: US33 between Athens and the 'Bus, OH
Post Count: 6,828

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 22 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 2/7/2019 12:16:13 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
OU_Country wrote:
GoCats105 wrote:
Come out with some fire and blow their f$*#ing doors off.


I'll be watching from a bar of some sort in NW Ohio. I hope that happens, but my level of faith right now led me to remove them from the day's betting sheet altogether...which means they'll win by 15.


Ha...true. This could have a road Ball State performance to it or the reverse...a 16 point loss.



Yeah, it will be a wildcard game for sure, and one that I initially intended to go to. The strange thing will be, by choice, being at BG vs Toledo instead of OU vs Miami. I've never done that before, but I'm good with the decision to be at what will be a big game environment rather than a library environment at Millett. It's still odd to say that about a game at BG though.
Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: US33 between Athens and the 'Bus, OH
Post Count: 6,828

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 22 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 2/7/2019 12:21:49 PM 
OUcats82 wrote:
I think Miami has a higher ceiling than Ohio this year but I also think they can play as poorly, too looking at their record/performances.

The two teams are pretty evenly matched but Miami does have a double-digit win over BG (the Falcons' only blemish in MAC play).

If this team has a shred of pride hopefully what happened last Saturday has left a very bitter taste in their mouths and they will want to take it out on Miami.

Does the mid-week open date give the Cats fresher legs? Looks like Miami had to play a tough 40 minutes in their loss to Kent.

At this point I am hoping for any signs of life/effort/heart-even a close loss would be encouraging based on the past few road games. Short of the OT loss to NIU and wins over Ball and WUM, they have been dominated in MAC play.

If they lose by 15+ points I am afraid they have packed it in.


Since you mentioned "at this point"....I'll leave my personal at this point:

At this point, I'm also hoping for signs of life, effort, hustle, etc. for 40 minutes. I can handle the losing better if it comes with the extra effort, scrappiness and hustle that any team should be capable of on the defensive end, in loose ball situations, and on the glass. I'm not saying they never do this, but there are scenario's where it could be better.

More than anything, at this point, I want to show up and watch a fun game, because there have been more un-fun games to watch this year than fun ones.
Back to Top
  
Deciduous Forest Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Ohio
Post Count: 3,537

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 22 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 2/7/2019 12:31:51 PM 
I have no doubt that this team will come out angry and aggressive, but it's a question of how we control that... will that be increased effort to get good shots? Will it lead to a better shooting day? Will it mean a worse mood swing if the shots aren't falling early?

Either way, it's Miami... Let's go steal one! With CMU at home then at EMU to follow, 6-6 with a little momentum isn't unrealistic heading to Buffalo.
Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: US33 between Athens and the 'Bus, OH
Post Count: 6,828

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 22 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 2/7/2019 5:08:32 PM 
Deciduous Forest Cat wrote:
Either way, it's Miami... Let's go steal one! With CMU at home then at EMU to follow, 6-6 with a little momentum isn't unrealistic heading to Buffalo.


I said the same thing two weeks ago at 3-4 heading to NIU - big opportunity to right the ship. I'm not terribly confident that happens in this swing of games either.
Back to Top
  
allen
General User

Member Since: 1/24/2006
Post Count: 4,276

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 22 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 2/7/2019 9:27:51 PM 
OU_Country wrote:
Deciduous Forest Cat wrote:
Either way, it's Miami... Let's go steal one! With CMU at home then at EMU to follow, 6-6 with a little momentum isn't unrealistic heading to Buffalo.


I said the same thing two weeks ago at 3-4 heading to NIU - big opportunity to right the ship. I'm not terribly confident that happens in this swing of games either.


Hopefully our guys come out revitalized and ready to go. We need to get better heading into March


Nobody despises to lose more than I do. That's got me into trouble over the years, but it also made a man of mediocre ability into a pretty good coach. Woody Hayes

Back to Top
  
SBH
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 2,131

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 22 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 2/8/2019 9:04:51 AM 
I assume they'll come out tight as usual. It's obvious they know they're playing to save their coach's job (and, in more than a few cases, their own scholarships). Everyone knows it, yet given the way the contract was handled Saul can't address the elephant in the room with them. Not a good situation at all.

Last Edited: 2/8/2019 9:05:56 AM by SBH

Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: 69.5 miles from Peden Stadium
Post Count: 6,537

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 22 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 2/8/2019 11:26:38 AM 
SBH wrote:
I assume they'll come out tight as usual. It's obvious they know they're playing to save their coach's job (and, in more than a few cases, their own scholarships). Everyone knows it, yet given the way the contract was handled Saul can't address the elephant in the room with them. Not a good situation at all.



Today's pep talk:

The mind is a strange thing, men.
We must begin by asking it...
..."What is losing?"
Losing is a disease...
...as contagious as polio.
Losing is a disease...
...as contagious as syphilis.
Losing is a disease...
...as contagious as bubonic plague...
... attacking one...
... but infecting all.
But curable.


Actually, the phrase is "Ohio on the Charles."

Back to Top
  
Ted Thompson
Administrator



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: MAC Play
Post Count: 5,972

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 22 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 2/8/2019 3:57:28 PM 

 


Follow Ohio Football recruiting on the BobcatAttack.com football recruiting database.

Back to Top
  
BobcatSports
General User

Member Since: 2/2/2006
Post Count: 844

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 22 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 2/8/2019 5:06:10 PM 
We open as 5.5pt underdogs
Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 5,189

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 22 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 2/8/2019 5:20:26 PM 
Pataskala wrote:
SBH wrote:
I assume they'll come out tight as usual. It's obvious they know they're playing to save their coach's job (and, in more than a few cases, their own scholarships). Everyone knows it, yet given the way the contract was handled Saul can't address the elephant in the room with them. Not a good situation at all.



Today's pep talk:

The mind is a strange thing, men.
We must begin by asking it...
..."What is losing?"
Losing is a disease...
...as contagious as polio.
Losing is a disease...
...as contagious as syphilis.
Losing is a disease...
...as contagious as bubonic plague...
... attacking one...
... but infecting all.
But curable.


"The day I was born, I should have been a farmer."

Back to Top
  
Diamond Cat
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 630

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 22 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 2/8/2019 10:15:28 PM 
A first for me really. Going to this game tomorrow given it's proximity. I plan on sitting at the top of the Millet Hall joke arena because I am not sure how to cheer for my own Alma Mater. We have fallen to a level not seen for 30 ish' years. Oh well - off a bleed GREEN MF'er goes. No fair weather fans allowed.
Back to Top
  
brucecuth
General User

Member Since: 12/21/2004
Post Count: 1,473

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 22 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 2/8/2019 10:31:43 PM 
Muck Fiami x 100. I really, really dislike those guys. Against my religion to hate...

Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 10,021

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 22 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 2/8/2019 11:13:22 PM 
New Biblical Translation reveals truth about Miami . . .

1 Corinthians 9:25 BSV: (BSV: Bobcat Standard Version)

"Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable one. Except, as the prophets said long ago, athletes that represent the wayward institution of Miami have neither self-control nor the ability to win a wreath or crown."*

==================

*A few ancient manuscripts add the line: "Hell may freeze over in Oxford, but Miami will never deserve a championship." The origin of this text is uncertain, but some scholars believe it can be traced to a sage of the first century by the name of William of Hess, whose righteous deeds were constantly opposed by an evil mercenary called the Bo of Schembechler.

Last Edited: 2/8/2019 11:15:13 PM by OhioCatFan


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection.

Back to Top
  
bshot44
General User



Member Since: 2/12/2012
Post Count: 2,005

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 22 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 2/8/2019 11:20:47 PM 
The reality ...

Ohio has 3 MAC wins vs the two worst teams in the league.

7 losses ... all by double digits except OT loss at NIU.

After Miami and EMU they have a brutal seven game stretch to end things.

at CMU
at UB
vs BG
at Kent
at Akron
vs UB
vs Miami

I would be less than stunned this team finishes 4-14 in the MAC ... 6-12 at absolute best.

Woof.

Last Edited: 2/8/2019 11:21:51 PM by bshot44

Back to Top
  
Pete Chouteau
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2004
Location: Northeast Middling Amalgamation
Post Count: 1,408

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 22 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 2/9/2019 8:06:16 AM 
Diamond Cat wrote:
A first for me really. Going to this game tomorrow given it's proximity. I plan on sitting at the top of the Millet Hall joke arena because I am not sure how to cheer for my own Alma Mater. We have fallen to a level not seen for 30 ish' years. Oh well - off a bleed GREEN MF'er goes. No fair weather fans allowed.


Does "The wilderness Campaign" ring a bell? We were 5-21 in 98. DIDN'T EVEN FIRE ANYONE!

I do not understand the venom on this board. Maybe I'm oversensitive to it, because I've found myself in a job where it wasn't working out, and I tried to make it work until the minute I was asked not to come back again, and that's what I see here. We've got a nice guy for a coach -- probably too nice -- and it's not working out and when the contract expires so does his tenure and yeah that's a crappy way for it to go but that's the way it went.

Perhaps it's a straw man argument, but everything else in this world is going to shit and y'all want to douse the nice guy in gasoline.

Look in a goddamn mirror and Muck Fiami.
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 25  of 69 Posts
Jump to Page:  1 | 2 | 3    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



Copyright ©2019 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties