Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
General Ohio University Discussion/Alumni Events
Topic:  RE: Which Athens brewery beers are you drinking?

Topic:  RE: Which Athens brewery beers are you drinking?
Author
Message
Sean Gallagher
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2012
Post Count: 127

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Which Athens brewery beers are you drinking?
   Posted: 5/9/2019 11:28:25 PM 
When I have a brew in Athens I have one from DK. Devil's Kettle is by far the best brewery/brew pub in Athens. I realize its just my opinion, but I personally don't think Jackie O's or Little Fish are on the same level as DK. Sure, DK will never be as big as JO's because Cameron (owner/brewer) hasn't set DK up to be a big player, but that doesn't diminish the quality he puts out.

Jackie O's is an incredible business and they're marketing is unmatched, but their beers are like a high school chemistry experiment. How many "sustainable" ingredients can we put together in a series of concoctions with progressive names? Answer: Look at the board at Jackie O's. The reality is if you can't make a decent traditional lager, you're really just kidding yourself about being a brewery. And while Art is a great guy, a great supporter of Athens and OU as well as a great businessman, he's not regularly making quality lagers. The same goes for Sean at Little Fish. Great guy, but the brews are just fluff and designed to appeal to people's feel good nature. If you can't make a decent Irish stout on nitro, an English ale or a German lager you're just kidding yourself. DK makes all three on a regular basis.

The other thing about DK that's great is they have an incredible and growing vinyl album collection. And the folks behind the bar know music and play some great stuff. And yes, you can request something, and if they have it, you'll hear it.

The sound is not too loud, so its very much a conversation bar. And they're not too cool to ignore a good baseball, football or hockey match that my be televised. They'll put the game on.

Last Edited: 5/28/2019 10:19:46 PM by Sean Gallagher

Back to Top
  
Buck.Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/21/2017
Post Count: 365

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Which Athens brewery beers are you drinking?
   Posted: 6/2/2019 11:09:03 AM 
Sean Gallagher wrote:
When I have a brew in Athens I have one from DK. Devil's Kettle is by far the best brewery/brew pub in Athens. I realize its just my opinion, but I personally don't think Jackie O's or Little Fish are on the same level as DK. Sure, DK will never be as big as JO's because Cameron (owner/brewer) hasn't set DK up to be a big player, but that doesn't diminish the quality he puts out.

Jackie O's is an incredible business and they're marketing is unmatched, but their beers are like a high school chemistry experiment. How many "sustainable" ingredients can we put together in a series of concoctions with progressive names? Answer: Look at the board at Jackie O's. The reality is if you can't make a decent traditional lager, you're really just kidding yourself about being a brewery. And while Art is a great guy, a great supporter of Athens and OU as well as a great businessman, he's not regularly making quality lagers. The same goes for Sean at Little Fish. Great guy, but the brews are just fluff and designed to appeal to people's feel good nature. If you can't make a decent Irish stout on nitro, an English ale or a German lager you're just kidding yourself. DK makes all three on a regular basis.

The other thing about DK that's great is they have an incredible and growing vinyl album collection. And the folks behind the bar know music and play some great stuff. And yes, you can request something, and if they have it, you'll hear it.

The sound is not too loud, so its very much a conversation bar. And they're not too cool to ignore a good baseball, football or hockey match that my be televised. They'll put the game on.


I have to ask, are you a former disgruntled employee of Jackie O's and/or Little Fish? What an odd argument against two of the better breweries in Ohio. It's amazing for a small community like Athens to be home of three quality breweries with each producing something unique for everyone.
Back to Top
  
Sean Gallagher
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2012
Post Count: 127

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Which Athens brewery beers are you drinking?
   Posted: 6/2/2019 6:53:22 PM 
My comment was just my personal opinion. I'm going to guess that many don't agree with my view. I do feel Athenians have a 1970's like Pravda mentality about the JO and LF breweries. "It has to be good because its JO's or LF." Sorry, I have a different opinion. Also, I'm not a former employee of either. Look, I wish them all well. I was just offering one opinion. Perhaps it was unfaily harsh, but it was just one opinion.

Last Edited: 6/2/2019 7:34:56 PM by Sean Gallagher

Back to Top
  
JSF
General User



Member Since: 1/29/2005
Location: Houston, TX
Post Count: 5,474

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Which Athens brewery beers are you drinking?
   Posted: 6/3/2019 2:26:09 PM 
Sean Gallagher wrote:
Great guy, but the brews are just fluff and designed to appeal to people's feel good nature. If you can't make a decent Irish stout on nitro, an English ale or a German lager you're just kidding yourself.


The first part, what does that mean? Are you saying you want beers that make you feel bad? I don't understand.

Also, lagers suck. That they don't bother is a point in their column.


"Loyalty to a hometown or city is fleeting and interchangeable, but college is a stamp of identity."- Kyle Whelliston, One Beautiful Season.

My blog about depression and mental illness: https://bit.ly/3buGXH8

Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 10,611

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Which Athens brewery beers are you drinking?
   Posted: 6/3/2019 4:04:06 PM 
JSF wrote:
Sean Gallagher wrote:
Great guy, but the brews are just fluff and designed to appeal to people's feel good nature. If you can't make a decent Irish stout on nitro, an English ale or a German lager you're just kidding yourself.


The first part, what does that mean? Are you saying you want beers that make you feel bad? I don't understand.

Also, lagers suck. That they don't bother is a point in their column.


I'll let him speak for himself, but it was clear to me what he was saying, if you read the quote extract you used in its complete context. He's talking about the beer names and ingredients, and they these are designed to make you "feel good" about buying and consuming a brew that sounds hip and has some trendy ingredients. And, BTW, some of us greatly prefer lagers to the IPA of the Minute, Day, or Month. Further, for the record, I like Jackie O's, but I tend to go for their more traditional brews like Ricky and Chomolungma. The latter has a strange name, but tastes a lot like Newcastle Nut Brown Ale.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
JSF
General User



Member Since: 1/29/2005
Location: Houston, TX
Post Count: 5,474

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Which Athens brewery beers are you drinking?
   Posted: 6/3/2019 4:46:32 PM 
It was not clear to me!

I hate, hate IPAs. I'll at least try a lager, but if I want weeds, I'll lick a lawnmower.

I'm more into whiskeys at this point in my life. Where's our Athens distillery?!?

Last Edited: 6/3/2019 4:47:12 PM by JSF


"Loyalty to a hometown or city is fleeting and interchangeable, but college is a stamp of identity."- Kyle Whelliston, One Beautiful Season.

My blog about depression and mental illness: https://bit.ly/3buGXH8

Back to Top
  
Buck.Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/21/2017
Post Count: 365

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Which Athens brewery beers are you drinking?
   Posted: 6/3/2019 5:56:06 PM 
Sean Gallagher wrote:
My comment was just my personal opinion. I'm going to guess that many don't agree with my view. I do feel Athenians have a 1970's like Pravda mentality about the JO and LF breweries. "It has to be good because its JO's or LF." Sorry, I have a different opinion. Also, I'm not a former employee of either. Look, I wish them all well. I was just offering one opinion. Perhaps it was unfaily harsh, but it was just one opinion.


I'm not faulting you for your opinion. Just seems a little out of left field and in the extreme minority. By the way, Little Fish is co-owned by Sean AND Jimmy. Both good dudes who are obviously doing an exceptional job at their wide array of brews.
Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 5,764

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Which Athens brewery beers are you drinking?
   Posted: 6/3/2019 8:42:54 PM 
Buck.Cat wrote:
Sean Gallagher wrote:
My comment was just my personal opinion. I'm going to guess that many don't agree with my view. I do feel Athenians have a 1970's like Pravda mentality about the JO and LF breweries. "It has to be good because its JO's or LF." Sorry, I have a different opinion. Also, I'm not a former employee of either. Look, I wish them all well. I was just offering one opinion. Perhaps it was unfaily harsh, but it was just one opinion.


I'm not faulting you for your opinion. Just seems a little out of left field and in the extreme minority. By the way, Little Fish is co-owned by Sean AND Jimmy. Both good dudes who are obviously doing an exceptional job at their wide array of brews.


Extreme minority? I think not. In talking with some beer folks this month, hops are slowly going the way of 80's over oaked chardonnay. Thank goodness.

Back to Top
  
Recovering Journalist
General User

Member Since: 8/17/2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Post Count: 1,542

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Which Athens brewery beers are you drinking?
   Posted: 6/3/2019 8:47:24 PM 
JSF wrote:

I'm more into whiskeys at this point in my life. Where's our Athens distillery?!?


It's here. https://www.athensnews.com/news/local/distillery-moves-to...

They make a young but really tasty bourbon (if you can get your paws on it).
Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 2,581

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Which Athens brewery beers are you drinking?
   Posted: 6/4/2019 6:41:14 AM 
Alan Swank wrote:

Extreme minority? I think not. In talking with some beer folks this month, hops are slowly going the way of 80's over oaked chardonnay. Thank goodness.


We have several microbreweries in this area.

They all seem to be having a contest to "out hop" each other.

I was talking to one brewer.
He said a lot of "young" drinkers like the high hop IPA's because
it boosts the alcohol content.

What's funny is that Vermont's Alchemist "Heady Topper" is high in hops,but not bitter.
To bad its hard to get outside of Vermont.

Some of the local breweries,like "Flying Fish" are starting to produce more
of a variety.
One restaurant actually had Flying Fish make them a custom lager to go with their food.

The other thing I've noticed is that Shandy's have gotten very popular,and not just in the Summer.

And,if you like the taste of beer,but don't want the buzz,Heineken now makes a pretty good non-alcoholic beer.









Last Edited: 6/4/2019 6:43:18 AM by rpbobcat

Back to Top
  
Recovering Journalist
General User

Member Since: 8/17/2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Post Count: 1,542

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Which Athens brewery beers are you drinking?
   Posted: 6/4/2019 8:01:02 AM 
rpbobcat wrote:

I was talking to one brewer.
He said a lot of "young" drinkers like the high hop IPA's because
it boosts the alcohol content.



This is a bit pedantic, but the amount of hops in a beer has nothing to do with ABV. That said, hoppy IPA recipes tend to have a higher specific gravity and often a lot more grain (more sugars = more alcohol). This is in part because you need that big amount of malt to theoretically balance out the huge hop notes.

I'm with Alan on this one. I think the IPA craze probably peaked a coupled of years ago, and I see more and more craft breweries trying to dial in quality lagers and lighter ales like kolsch and cream ale.

I actually think one of the next craft brew trends will be lower ABV table beers.
Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 2,581

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Which Athens brewery beers are you drinking?
   Posted: 6/4/2019 8:43:00 AM 
Recovering Journalist wrote:


I actually think one of the next craft brew trends will be lower ABV table beers.


I hope so.

The high % of alcohol in craft and other beers has caused a lot of people I know to really cut back on their beer consumption at bars and restaurants.

New Jersey is really tough on DUI.

New Jersey also doesn't have a "bread and butter" license to go back and forth to work.
So,lose your license,you're SOL.

A DUI can also affect renewing Professional Licenses.

Not worth taking the chance.

I know,when I go out for dinner,1 1/2 craft beers,(my wife and I split the second) that's it.



Back to Top
  
Buck.Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/21/2017
Post Count: 365

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Which Athens brewery beers are you drinking?
   Posted: 6/4/2019 1:21:59 PM 
Extreme minority was referring to the dislike of those two breweries for whatever reasons, not necessarily about beer preferences.

In terms of the relationship between hoppiness and high alcohol content, I find that to be curious. Are high alcohol saisons, sours, and stouts hoppy?

if people fear the ramifications of consuming high alcohol beverages, there are these great services called Lyft and Uber. Problem solved.

Back to Top
  
The Optimist
General User



Member Since: 3/16/2007
Location: Akron (sleeper agent)
Post Count: 4,744

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Which Athens brewery beers are you drinking?
   Posted: 6/4/2019 5:46:12 PM 
Up in Cle/Akron area I can count on seeing Razz Wheat and Mystic Mama pretty widely available. I donít see many seasonal cans up here from Jackie Oís. Was excited to pick up ďLost Marbles IPAĒ recently. Donít recall having this one before... Big fan!


I've seen crazier things happen.

Black 41 Flash Reverse

Back to Top
  
Recovering Journalist
General User

Member Since: 8/17/2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Post Count: 1,542

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Which Athens brewery beers are you drinking?
   Posted: 6/4/2019 10:20:17 PM 
Buck.Cat wrote:
Extreme minority was referring to the dislike of those two breweries for whatever reasons, not necessarily about beer preferences.

In terms of the relationship between hoppiness and high alcohol content, I find that to be curious. Are high alcohol saisons, sours, and stouts hoppy?

if people fear the ramifications of consuming high alcohol beverages, there are these great services called Lyft and Uber. Problem solved.



Like I said, ABV has nothing to do with hops, which only bring aroma and flavor to the mix. You don't even need hops to make beer, and ancient beer was bittered by other herbs. ABV is all about the grain bill, the starting potential sugars and how effectively the yeast eat those sugars, thereby converting them into alcohol. Some recipes have more efficient yeast, some have more grain, etc.

As to Lyfting away from a DUI, the desire for lower ABV beers is being driven (ha) by a lot more than that. People like drinking beer and want to be able to have more than one without getting drunk. Craft beer is finally graduating from the notion that more alcohol and more hops = better beer. We should all be happy about that, no matter what styles we like.
Back to Top
  
JSF
General User



Member Since: 1/29/2005
Location: Houston, TX
Post Count: 5,474

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Which Athens brewery beers are you drinking?
   Posted: 6/5/2019 1:58:33 PM 
Recovering Journalist wrote:
JSF wrote:

I'm more into whiskeys at this point in my life. Where's our Athens distillery?!?


It's here. https://www.athensnews.com/news/local/distillery-moves-to...

They make a young but really tasty bourbon (if you can get your paws on it).


My man!


"Loyalty to a hometown or city is fleeting and interchangeable, but college is a stamp of identity."- Kyle Whelliston, One Beautiful Season.

My blog about depression and mental illness: https://bit.ly/3buGXH8

Back to Top
  
Buck.Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/21/2017
Post Count: 365

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Which Athens brewery beers are you drinking?
   Posted: 6/11/2019 11:06:59 AM 
Recovering Journalist wrote:

Like I said, ABV has nothing to do with hops, which only bring aroma and flavor to the mix. You don't even need hops to make beer, and ancient beer was bittered by other herbs. ABV is all about the grain bill, the starting potential sugars and how effectively the yeast eat those sugars, thereby converting them into alcohol. Some recipes have more efficient yeast, some have more grain, etc.

As to Lyfting away from a DUI, the desire for lower ABV beers is being driven (ha) by a lot more than that. People like drinking beer and want to be able to have more than one without getting drunk. Craft beer is finally graduating from the notion that more alcohol and more hops = better beer. We should all be happy about that, no matter what styles we like.


RJ, my comment was not directed towards you but some of the others that lack your knowledge. I do think my Lyft comment is appropriate, especially for people like rpbobcat who are putting others in danger by getting behind the wheel instead of utilizing ride share services or a cab.
Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: On US33 between Athens and Madison Co., OH
Post Count: 7,403

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Which Athens brewery beers are you drinking?
   Posted: 6/11/2019 11:27:41 AM 
Buck.Cat wrote:
Recovering Journalist wrote:

Like I said, ABV has nothing to do with hops, which only bring aroma and flavor to the mix. You don't even need hops to make beer, and ancient beer was bittered by other herbs. ABV is all about the grain bill, the starting potential sugars and how effectively the yeast eat those sugars, thereby converting them into alcohol. Some recipes have more efficient yeast, some have more grain, etc.

As to Lyfting away from a DUI, the desire for lower ABV beers is being driven (ha) by a lot more than that. People like drinking beer and want to be able to have more than one without getting drunk. Craft beer is finally graduating from the notion that more alcohol and more hops = better beer. We should all be happy about that, no matter what styles we like.


RJ, my comment was not directed towards you but some of the others that lack your knowledge. I do think my Lyft comment is appropriate, especially for people like rpbobcat who are putting others in danger by getting behind the wheel instead of utilizing ride share services or a cab.



Just curious, what would you do if you lived in rural Ohio, where Lyft, Uber, or cabs in general aren't available? Would you drive home after 2-3 happy hour beverages?
Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 2,581

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Which Athens brewery beers are you drinking?
   Posted: 6/11/2019 11:31:15 AM 
Buck.Cat wrote:


I do think my Lyft comment is appropriate, especially for people like rpbobcat who are putting others in danger by getting behind the wheel instead of utilizing ride share services or a cab.


I really wish you would explain where this came from.

You must have mis-read my 6/4 post about DUI in N.J.and people cutting back
on drinking because of the high % of alcohol in craft beers.

Having an alcoholic brother,who has had DUI's,I really resent the implication that my posts somehow encourage someone to drive when they shouldn't.

Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 10,611

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Which Athens brewery beers are you drinking?
   Posted: 6/11/2019 11:48:48 AM 
Buck.Cat wrote:
RJ, my comment was not directed towards you but some of the others that lack your knowledge. I do think my Lyft comment is appropriate, especially for people like rpbobcat who are putting others in danger by getting behind the wheel instead of utilizing ride share services or a cab.


As usual you misquote and slander people you don't like. Here was rpbobcat's last sentence in the post you referred to:

"And,if you like the taste of beer, but don't want the buzz, Heineken now makes a pretty good non-alcoholic beer."

That really sounds like someone encouraging people to drive drunk!


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
Robert Fox
General User

Member Since: 11/16/2004
Location: Knoxville, TN
Post Count: 1,960

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Which Athens brewery beers are you drinking?
   Posted: 6/11/2019 11:54:23 AM 
OhioCatFan wrote:

As usual you misquote and slander people you don't like.



And he doesn't like them because of their political position.
Back to Top
  
Buck.Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/21/2017
Post Count: 365

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Which Athens brewery beers are you drinking?
   Posted: 6/11/2019 12:25:12 PM 
OU_Country wrote:
Just curious, what would you do if you lived in rural Ohio, where Lyft, Uber, or cabs in general aren't available? Would you drive home after 2-3 happy hour beverages?


These services exist in many rural areas, including Athens. I choose to not put other people's lives in danger. What would you do?


rpbobcat wrote:


I really wish you would explain where this came from.

You must have mis-read my 6/4 post about DUI in N.J.and people cutting back
on drinking because of the high % of alcohol in craft beers.

Having an alcoholic brother,who has had DUI's,I really resent the implication that my posts somehow encourage someone to drive when they shouldn't.



When you have 1 or 2 craft beers, you are pushing the limit or over it. Also, I'm not sure what the poor choices made by your brother has to do with this discussion unless craft beers were the culprit behind his lawlessness.

Robert Fox wrote:


And he doesn't like them because of their political position.


Bobby, this is a pretty funny statement coming from the most intolerant partisan on this board.
Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 2,581

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Which Athens brewery beers are you drinking?
   Posted: 6/11/2019 1:00:30 PM 
Buck.Cat wrote:

I really wish you would explain where this came from.

You must have mis-read my 6/4 post about DUI in N.J.and people cutting back
on drinking because of the high % of alcohol in craft beers.

Having an alcoholic brother,who has had DUI's,I really resent the implication that my posts somehow encourage someone to drive when they shouldn't.


When you have 1 or 2 craft beers, you are pushing the limit or over it. Also, I'm not sure what the poor choices made by your brother has to do with this discussion unless craft beers were the culprit behind his lawlessness.



First off,I've never heard of 1 craft beer resulting in an average size man's Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) approaching the 0.08% allowed in N.J.

I worked with local police to do a demonstration of just how much (little) you have to drink of a variety of beers and other alcoholic beverages to get to a BAC that exceeds N.J.'s legal limit.

None of the men who participated approached 0.08% after 1 beer.
Even beers with ABV about 8%.

I also check the ABV of any beer I drink.
Anything above 6% ABV,I stop at 1.

The poor choices made by my brother made me extremely sensitive to the issue of drinking and driving.
Having to go to the E.R.,when your brother passes out behind the wheel,crashes his car and spends a couple of days in a coma,that they didn't know if he'd come out of, is not something I'd wish on anyone.




Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: On US33 between Athens and Madison Co., OH
Post Count: 7,403

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Which Athens brewery beers are you drinking?
   Posted: 6/11/2019 5:02:40 PM 
Buck.Cat wrote:
OU_Country wrote:
Just curious, what would you do if you lived in rural Ohio, where Lyft, Uber, or cabs in general aren't available? Would you drive home after 2-3 happy hour beverages?


These services exist in many rural areas, including Athens. I choose to not put other people's lives in danger. What would you do?



So The City of Athens is "rural"? Also, Athens is the exception to the rule from what I've seen. They have several cab companies, and Lyft, because there is demand. Would you find a Lyft driver easily in McArthur? Or Pomeroy? I don't know, and I'd be interested to know, but I have doubts.

I'll tell you one thing, you're wrong about them being available in "many rural areas". I'm from west central Ohio, were pre-Uber/Lyft, cabs were never an option except in Lima. And the multitude of 1-2 stoplight farm towns have lots of two things per capita: bars and churches. Most of them don't have people using Uber or Lyft, and most of them have farmers that can't just walk home from the bar. Lastly, I'm not shy to admit after 2-3 happy hour pops right after work, I'd probably drive home.
Back to Top
  
Buck.Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/21/2017
Post Count: 365

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Which Athens brewery beers are you drinking?
   Posted: 6/12/2019 11:19:27 AM 
OU_Country wrote:

So The City of Athens is "rural"? Also, Athens is the exception to the rule from what I've seen. They have several cab companies, and Lyft, because there is demand. Would you find a Lyft driver easily in McArthur? Or Pomeroy? I don't know, and I'd be interested to know, but I have doubts.

I'll tell you one thing, you're wrong about them being available in "many rural areas". I'm from west central Ohio, were pre-Uber/Lyft, cabs were never an option except in Lima. And the multitude of 1-2 stoplight farm towns have lots of two things per capita: bars and churches. Most of them don't have people using Uber or Lyft, and most of them have farmers that can't just walk home from the bar. Lastly, I'm not shy to admit after 2-3 happy hour pops right after work, I'd probably drive home.


I'm not going to get into a silly argument about what is rural and what is not. Athens County is rural yet these ride share apps along with delivery apps are now available in this area and others. Really no excuse to get behind the wheel under the influence but I guess that's the chance some people will consciously decide to make. Seems like a selfish decision to me to endanger the lives of others.
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  26 - 50  of 77 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4    Next >
View Other 'General Ohio University Discussion/Alumni Events' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



Copyright ©2020 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties