Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  RE: Hardwood House -- Bar in The Convo

Topic:  RE: Hardwood House -- Bar in The Convo
Author
Message
spongeBOB CATpants
General User

Member Since: 8/16/2016
Post Count: 212

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Hardwood House -- Bar in The Convo
   Posted: 1/24/2020 10:58:13 AM 
Kinggeorge4 wrote:
I like the bar. The beer is not cheap but expected prices. I would like to see them add unique (no concession food) food to this area. It would be nice for those who arrive early. If it catches on, add another with it's own unique food and beer.


I got there early for the BG game and had a couple Jackie O's. Beer prices a little steep but I'm fine with my money going back to the Athletic dept. They did have a "champagne slushy" drink that my wife enjoyed and it was priced the same as the beer.

Food is the same as the concessions, they just run it to the bar. I would also like them to add a couple menu items exclusive to this area, think it would attract more patrons.

Its a small area/bar so I'd expect it to be pretty packed on weekends, line can grow quickly.

Overall its very nice and something like this was needed.
Back to Top
  
boydhallbobcat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 232

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Hardwood House -- Bar in The Convo
   Posted: 1/24/2020 11:55:42 AM 
spongeBOB CATpants wrote:
Kinggeorge4 wrote:
I like the bar. The beer is not cheap but expected prices. I would like to see them add unique (no concession food) food to this area. It would be nice for those who arrive early. If it catches on, add another with it's own unique food and beer.


I got there early for the BG game and had a couple Jackie O's. Beer prices a little steep but I'm fine with my money going back to the Athletic dept. They did have a "champagne slushy" drink that my wife enjoyed and it was priced the same as the beer.

Food is the same as the concessions, they just run it to the bar. I would also like them to add a couple menu items exclusive to this area, think it would attract more patrons.

Its a small area/bar so I'd expect it to be pretty packed on weekends, line can grow quickly.

Overall its very nice and something like this was needed.



Is there a kitchen area nearby where they can make exclusive menu items? I feel like you'd definitely be looking at hiring more staff if that happens. I think for this season, it's good enough. I really like it. I'm sure the university will be looking at ways to improve it in the future.
Back to Top
  
Kinggeorge4
General User



Member Since: 12/22/2004
Location: Guysville, OH
Post Count: 763

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Hardwood House -- Bar in The Convo
   Posted: 1/24/2020 12:51:43 PM 
spongeBOB CATpants wrote:
Kinggeorge4 wrote:
I like the bar. The beer is not cheap but expected prices. I would like to see them add unique (no concession food) food to this area. It would be nice for those who arrive early. If it catches on, add another with it's own unique food and beer.


I got there early for the BG game and had a couple Jackie O's. Beer prices a little steep but I'm fine with my money going back to the Athletic dept. They did have a "champagne slushy" drink that my wife enjoyed and it was priced the same as the beer.

Food is the same as the concessions, they just run it to the bar. I would also like them to add a couple menu items exclusive to this area, think it would attract more patrons.

Its a small area/bar so I'd expect it to be pretty packed on weekends, line can grow quickly.

Overall its very nice and something like this was needed.


This is what I'm thinking. A great appetizer offering and a few items. I can roll in early, get a beer or two with some food. Love the idea and start, next season lets grow it!


GO BOBCATS
GEORGE

Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Austin, TX
Post Count: 5,447

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Hardwood House -- Bar in The Convo
   Posted: 1/24/2020 1:47:53 PM 
Kinggeorge4 wrote:
spongeBOB CATpants wrote:
Kinggeorge4 wrote:
I like the bar. The beer is not cheap but expected prices. I would like to see them add unique (no concession food) food to this area. It would be nice for those who arrive early. If it catches on, add another with it's own unique food and beer.


I got there early for the BG game and had a couple Jackie O's. Beer prices a little steep but I'm fine with my money going back to the Athletic dept. They did have a "champagne slushy" drink that my wife enjoyed and it was priced the same as the beer.

Food is the same as the concessions, they just run it to the bar. I would also like them to add a couple menu items exclusive to this area, think it would attract more patrons.

Its a small area/bar so I'd expect it to be pretty packed on weekends, line can grow quickly.

Overall its very nice and something like this was needed.


This is what I'm thinking. A great appetizer offering and a few items. I can roll in early, get a beer or two with some food. Love the idea and start, next season lets grow it!



Chips and salsa/queso
Pretzels with beer cheese
Jalapeno poppers
Chicken fingers
Loaded Potato Skins

Doesn't even need to be that difficult.
Back to Top
  
Kinggeorge4
General User



Member Since: 12/22/2004
Location: Guysville, OH
Post Count: 763

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Hardwood House -- Bar in The Convo
   Posted: 1/24/2020 2:42:43 PM 
GoCats105 wrote:
Kinggeorge4 wrote:
spongeBOB CATpants wrote:
Kinggeorge4 wrote:
I like the bar. The beer is not cheap but expected prices. I would like to see them add unique (no concession food) food to this area. It would be nice for those who arrive early. If it catches on, add another with it's own unique food and beer.


I got there early for the BG game and had a couple Jackie O's. Beer prices a little steep but I'm fine with my money going back to the Athletic dept. They did have a "champagne slushy" drink that my wife enjoyed and it was priced the same as the beer.

Food is the same as the concessions, they just run it to the bar. I would also like them to add a couple menu items exclusive to this area, think it would attract more patrons.

Its a small area/bar so I'd expect it to be pretty packed on weekends, line can grow quickly.

Overall its very nice and something like this was needed.





This is what I'm thinking. A great appetizer offering and a few items. I can roll in early, get a beer or two with some food. Love the idea and start, next season lets grow it!



Chips and salsa/queso
Pretzels with beer cheese
Jalapeno poppers
Chicken fingers
Loaded Potato Skins

Doesn't even need to be that difficult.

Actual nachos, maybe boneless wings or s signature burger. Just not concession food when I'm buying a $7 beer.


Last Edited: 1/24/2020 2:43:58 PM by Kinggeorge4


GO BOBCATS
GEORGE

Back to Top
  
CatsUp
General User

Member Since: 4/15/2019
Post Count: 185

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Hardwood House -- Bar in The Convo
   Posted: 1/25/2020 10:09:18 AM 
Interesting comments from everyone. I was especially interested in how well it is being patronized. Alan offered he witnessed that it wasn't especially busy during halftime of a week night game. I hope to observe today for a sample of how well they seem to be doing during a Saturday pregame.
Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 5,764

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Hardwood House -- Bar in The Convo
   Posted: 1/26/2020 12:04:32 PM 
CatsUp wrote:
Interesting comments from everyone. I was especially interested in how well it is being patronized. Alan offered he witnessed that it wasn't especially busy during halftime of a week night game. I hope to observe today for a sample of how well they seem to be doing during a Saturday pregame.


I stopped by again yesterday during halftime. One thing that would help would to have the OU game on the TVs. I'd think they'd sell more product for those who want to watch the game. As it is now, you have to pretty much chug a beer or glass of wine to get back your seat for the second half. I'm sure they'll fine tune it over time and constructive comments on this board will certainly help.

Back to Top
  
Kinggeorge4
General User



Member Since: 12/22/2004
Location: Guysville, OH
Post Count: 763

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Hardwood House -- Bar in The Convo
   Posted: 1/27/2020 7:44:37 AM 
Alan Swank wrote:
CatsUp wrote:
Interesting comments from everyone. I was especially interested in how well it is being patronized. Alan offered he witnessed that it wasn't especially busy during halftime of a week night game. I hope to observe today for a sample of how well they seem to be doing during a Saturday pregame.


I stopped by again yesterday during halftime. One thing that would help would to have the OU game on the TVs. I'd think they'd sell more product for those who want to watch the game. As it is now, you have to pretty much chug a beer or glass of wine to get back your seat for the second half. I'm sure they'll fine tune it over time and constructive comments on this board will certainly help.



Having the Ohio game on should be a must. Decent crowd at times, with game on and better snack options it would be a little more packed especially on doubleheader days.


GO BOBCATS
GEORGE

Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: On US33 between Athens and Madison Co., OH
Post Count: 7,403

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Hardwood House -- Bar in The Convo
   Posted: 1/27/2020 10:08:23 AM 
Kinggeorge4 wrote:
Alan Swank wrote:
CatsUp wrote:
Interesting comments from everyone. I was especially interested in how well it is being patronized. Alan offered he witnessed that it wasn't especially busy during halftime of a week night game. I hope to observe today for a sample of how well they seem to be doing during a Saturday pregame.


I stopped by again yesterday during halftime. One thing that would help would to have the OU game on the TVs. I'd think they'd sell more product for those who want to watch the game. As it is now, you have to pretty much chug a beer or glass of wine to get back your seat for the second half. I'm sure they'll fine tune it over time and constructive comments on this board will certainly help.



Having the Ohio game on should be a must. Decent crowd at times, with game on and better snack options it would be a little more packed especially on doubleheader days.


Agreed. Saturday I would have stayed there longer had OUr game been on the screen. And there's really no reason they can't set up the feed to the largest screen in there. There's an opportunity for this to be a big(ger) success if they fine tune things.
Back to Top
  
Andrew Ruck
General User



Member Since: 12/22/2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 3,280

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Hardwood House -- Bar in The Convo
   Posted: 1/27/2020 3:15:59 PM 
While I love the idea, I haven't even stopped by and don't plan to. I know that sounds weird. But I always have a meal out before the game in Athens, and have a long list of great places I like to visit...so I have no interest in pre-gaming inside the Convo. Then, once the game begins...I hate to miss even a single possession.

I definitely agree they need to find a way to get ESPN+ going on those TVs and get the game on the screen. It is kind of silly otherwise.


Andrew Ruck
B.B.A. 2003

Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 2,581

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Hardwood House -- Bar in The Convo
   Posted: 1/29/2020 11:32:21 AM 
According to an email I just got from the OBC,the Rohr Room's 3 T.V.'s "broadcast the action inside the Convo,as well as other national contests".

Shouldn't be to hard to run a "cable" (sorry dinosaur) over to the Hardwood House and show the same programming.
Back to Top
  
longtiimelurker
General User

Member Since: 2/2/2017
Post Count: 299

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Hardwood House -- Bar in The Convo
   Posted: 1/29/2020 6:16:27 PM 
Kinggeorge4 wrote:
Alan Swank wrote:
CatsUp wrote:
Interesting comments from everyone. I was especially interested in how well it is being patronized. Alan offered he witnessed that it wasn't especially busy during halftime of a week night game. I hope to observe today for a sample of how well they seem to be doing during a Saturday pregame.


I stopped by again yesterday during halftime. One thing that would help would to have the OU game on the TVs. I'd think they'd sell more product for those who want to watch the game. As it is now, you have to pretty much chug a beer or glass of wine to get back your seat for the second half. I'm sure they'll fine tune it over time and constructive comments on this board will certainly help.



Having the Ohio game on should be a must. Decent crowd at times, with game on and better snack options it would be a little more packed especially on doubleheader days.


It is odd that with the large screens they have in there, the Big 12 and BIG games are on, but the women's game going on in the Convo is not on at least one of the 4 really nice Hi Def TVs in there.


Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  26 - 37  of 37 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



Copyright ©2020 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties