Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball Recruiting
Topic:  RE: 2016 6'7" SF Seth Towns (Columbus Northland) - Ohio Offer

Topic:  RE: 2016 6'7" SF Seth Towns (Columbus Northland) - Ohio Offer
Author
Message
Deciduous Forest Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Ohio
Post Count: 3,705

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2016 6'7" SF Seth Towns (Columbus Northland) - Ohio Offer
   Posted: 6/16/2015 12:35:39 AM 
I verballed to Harvard too. Didn't mean much in the end.
Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Austin, TX
Post Count: 5,514

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2016 6'7" SF Seth Towns (Columbus Northland) - Ohio Offer
   Posted: 6/16/2015 8:47:31 AM 
Definitely didn't see that one coming.
Back to Top
  
Mark Lembright '85
General User

Member Since: 8/22/2010
Location: Lyndhurst, OH
Post Count: 2,374

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2016 6'7" SF Seth Towns (Columbus Northland) - Ohio Offer
   Posted: 6/16/2015 10:17:52 AM 
I guess playing for Harvard on the Hocking wasn't sufficient.
Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: On US33 between Athens and Madison Co., OH
Post Count: 7,533

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2016 6'7" SF Seth Towns (Columbus Northland) - Ohio Offer
   Posted: 1/2/2020 4:14:29 PM 
Harvard F Seth Towns (SR) has entered the transfer portal. Grad transfer with two years to play.

https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/status/1212842743531286528
Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 1,458

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2016 6'7" SF Seth Towns (Columbus Northland) - Ohio Offer
   Posted: 1/3/2020 6:57:47 AM 
OU_Country wrote:
Harvard F Seth Towns (SR) has entered the transfer portal. Grad transfer with two years to play.

https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/status/1212842743531286528


I am sure he is looking at bigger schools but man if he is healthy and can play right away with Preston, BVP, McDay, Roderick and anyone else who stays and steps up that would be huge!!! Come on Coach Boals!!!!!
Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 1,458

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2016 6'7" SF Seth Towns (Columbus Northland) - Ohio Offer
   Posted: 1/3/2020 10:07:38 AM 
And we just offered his cousin Sam.
Back to Top
  
brucecuth
General User

Member Since: 12/21/2004
Post Count: 1,602

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2016 6'7" SF Seth Towns (Columbus Northland) - Ohio Offer
   Posted: 1/4/2020 8:13:21 AM 
Bobcat1998 wrote:
OU_Country wrote:
Harvard F Seth Towns (SR) has entered the transfer portal. Grad transfer with two years to play.

https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/status/1212842743531286528


I am sure he is looking at bigger schools but man if he is healthy and can play right away with Preston, BVP, McDay, Roderick and anyone else who stays and steps up that would be huge!!! Come on Coach Boals!!!!!


Most dreams don't come true. This one won't either.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 1,458

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2016 6'7" SF Seth Towns (Columbus Northland) - Ohio Offer
   Posted: 1/4/2020 11:32:20 AM 
brucecuth wrote:
Bobcat1998 wrote:
OU_Country wrote:
Harvard F Seth Towns (SR) has entered the transfer portal. Grad transfer with two years to play.

https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/status/1212842743531286528


I am sure he is looking at bigger schools but man if he is healthy and can play right away with Preston, BVP, McDay, Roderick and anyone else who stays and steps up that would be huge!!! Come on Coach Boals!!!!!


Most dreams don't come true. This one won't either.


Like I said, I am not counting on it. Just fun to think about. He did follow Thornton on Twitter. So far Lamar has been as good of an assistant as we have had with relationships.

Last Edited: 1/4/2020 3:03:12 PM by Bobcat1998

Back to Top
  
brucecuth
General User

Member Since: 12/21/2004
Post Count: 1,602

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2016 6'7" SF Seth Towns (Columbus Northland) - Ohio Offer
   Posted: 1/14/2020 5:28:12 PM 
From Zach Fleer, 270 Hoops...

"The Harvard grad transfer is hearing from programs in the ACC, B1G, Big XII, Pac 12 and SEC"


Back to Top
  
The Optimist
General User



Member Since: 3/16/2007
Location: Akron (sleeper agent)
Post Count: 4,850

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2016 6'7" SF Seth Towns (Columbus Northland) - Ohio Offer
   Posted: 1/21/2020 3:45:43 PM 
2 to play 2 would put him in the class with Vander Plas and Preston? That certainly seems like an ideal fit. It sounds like he is getting major interest but I wonder if we have a shot considering we're close to him and he just had major knee surgery.


I've seen crazier things happen.

Black 41 Flash Reverse

Back to Top
  
IceCat76
General User

Member Since: 12/5/2016
Location: Byfield, MA
Post Count: 112

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2016 6'7" SF Seth Towns (Columbus Northland) - Ohio Offer
   Posted: 2/12/2020 8:29:03 AM 
Interesting article referencing Seth Towns.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/2...
Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: On US33 between Athens and Madison Co., OH
Post Count: 7,533

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2016 6'7" SF Seth Towns (Columbus Northland) - Ohio Offer
   Posted: 2/12/2020 12:14:08 PM 
IceCat76 wrote:
Interesting article referencing Seth Towns.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/2...


Thanks for sharing. What an odd rule for the Ivy League to have.
Back to Top
  
Cats5
General User

Member Since: 6/14/2017
Post Count: 196

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2016 6'7" SF Seth Towns (Columbus Northland) - Ohio Offer (NT)
   Posted: 2/12/2020 12:55:44 PM 

Last Edited: 2/12/2020 12:56:42 PM by Cats5

Back to Top
  
Mike Coleman
Administrator



Member Since: 12/21/2004
Location: Near the Pristine Sandy Shores of Lake Erie, OH
Post Count: 1,194

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2016 6'7" SF Seth Towns (Columbus Northland) - Ohio Offer
   Posted: 2/12/2020 1:26:06 PM 
How about a Seth to go with a Sam?
Back to Top
  
Ted Thompson
Administrator



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: MAC Play
Post Count: 6,421

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2016 6'7" SF Seth Towns (Columbus Northland) - Ohio Offer
   Posted: 2/12/2020 1:35:16 PM 

Looks like Seth approves of Sam's choice


Follow Ohio Football recruiting on the BobcatAttack.com football recruiting database.

Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Austin, TX
Post Count: 5,514

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2016 6'7" SF Seth Towns (Columbus Northland) - Ohio Offer
   Posted: 2/12/2020 2:23:02 PM 
The Optimist wrote:
2 to play 2 would put him in the class with Vander Plas and Preston? That certainly seems like an ideal fit. It sounds like he is getting major interest but I wonder if we have a shot considering we're close to him and he just had major knee surgery.


I believe he only has one year and would have to appeal for the second. Which he should get since he missed two years due to injury.
Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Austin, TX
Post Count: 5,514

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2016 6'7" SF Seth Towns (Columbus Northland) - Ohio Offer
   Posted: 2/12/2020 2:32:05 PM 
Speculating:

-Cousin committed here
-OSU recruited him out of high school (not sure if it was Boals)
-Going to Harvard originally shows basketball isn't his #1 priority, though that may have changed with a degree under his belt and not playing for 2 years he probably wants to see what he can really do.

Also this article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/harvard-ba...

"Unlike most graduate transfers, Towns isnt just looking for a basketball team to play in next year. Hed like to find a school with a creative-writing program in which he can work toward a master's degree."

https://www.ohio.edu/cas/english/graduate/creative-writing



It's not all that far-fetched!

Last Edited: 2/12/2020 2:35:32 PM by GoCats105

Back to Top
  
Andrew Ruck
General User



Member Since: 12/22/2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 3,316

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2016 6'7" SF Seth Towns (Columbus Northland) - Ohio Offer
   Posted: 2/12/2020 2:58:51 PM 
I agree it is unlikely but also agree it isn't impossible. I just hope he gives Boals a shot to sell him on it.


Andrew Ruck
B.B.A. 2003

Back to Top
  
GroverBall
General User

Member Since: 12/3/2012
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 846

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2016 6'7" SF Seth Towns (Columbus Northland) - Ohio Offer
   Posted: 2/13/2020 8:34:56 PM 
Andrew Ruck wrote:
I agree it is unlikely but also agree it isn't impossible. I just hope he gives Boals a shot to sell him on it.


Dinty Moore might be the more important person for the sell?

https://www.ohio.edu/cas/moored4

Back to Top
  
brucecuth
General User

Member Since: 12/21/2004
Post Count: 1,602

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2016 6'7" SF Seth Towns (Columbus Northland) - Ohio Offer
   Posted: 3/8/2020 2:00:55 PM 
OK, I think we can put a fork in this one.

CBS' Jon Rothstein says Seth is considering Ohio St., Kansas, Va., Mich., Md. and Syracuse.
Back to Top
  
The Optimist
General User



Member Since: 3/16/2007
Location: Akron (sleeper agent)
Post Count: 4,850

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2016 6'7" SF Seth Towns (Columbus Northland) - Ohio Offer
   Posted: 3/9/2020 11:09:00 AM 
brucecuth wrote:
OK, I think we can put a fork in this one.

CBS' Jon Rothstein says Seth is considering Ohio St., Kansas, Va., Mich., Md. and Syracuse.


Would not be the first time a national reporter made mistake of saying Ohio State when it was really dear old OHIO.


I've seen crazier things happen.

Black 41 Flash Reverse

Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 10,745

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2016 6'7" SF Seth Towns (Columbus Northland) - Ohio Offer
   Posted: 3/9/2020 1:43:56 PM 
The Optimist wrote:
brucecuth wrote:
OK, I think we can put a fork in this one.

CBS' Jon Rothstein says Seth is considering Ohio St., Kansas, Va., Mich., Md. and Syracuse.


Would not be the first time a national reporter made mistake of saying Ohio State when it was really dear old OHIO.


Truer, more optimistic words, were never spoken!


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
The Optimist
General User



Member Since: 3/16/2007
Location: Akron (sleeper agent)
Post Count: 4,850

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2016 6'7" SF Seth Towns (Columbus Northland) - Ohio Offer
   Posted: 3/17/2020 9:38:14 PM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
The Optimist wrote:
brucecuth wrote:
OK, I think we can put a fork in this one.

CBS' Jon Rothstein says Seth is considering Ohio St., Kansas, Va., Mich., Md. and Syracuse.


Would not be the first time a national reporter made mistake of saying Ohio State when it was really dear old OHIO.


Truer, more optimistic words, were never spoken!

Things pointing our way!

"Hearing Seth Towns will be coming back to Ohio...."

https://twitter.com/highmajorscoop/status/124008934420503...


I've seen crazier things happen.

Black 41 Flash Reverse

Back to Top
  
allen
General User

Member Since: 1/24/2006
Post Count: 4,529

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2016 6'7" SF Seth Towns (Columbus Northland) - Ohio Offer
   Posted: 3/17/2020 11:02:29 PM 
The Optimist wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
The Optimist wrote:
brucecuth wrote:
OK, I think we can put a fork in this one.

CBS' Jon Rothstein says Seth is considering Ohio St., Kansas, Va., Mich., Md. and Syracuse.


Would not be the first time a national reporter made mistake of saying Ohio State when it was really dear old OHIO.


Truer, more optimistic words, were never spoken!

Things pointing our way!

"Hearing Seth Towns will be coming back to Ohio...."

https://twitter.com/highmajorscoop/status/124008934420503...



Come and play right away


Nobody despises to lose more than I do. That's got me into trouble over the years, but it also made a man of mediocre ability into a pretty good coach. Woody Hayes

Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: On US33 between Athens and Madison Co., OH
Post Count: 7,533

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: 2016 6'7" SF Seth Towns (Columbus Northland) - Ohio Offer
   Posted: 3/18/2020 4:12:58 PM 
allen wrote:
The Optimist wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
The Optimist wrote:
brucecuth wrote:
OK, I think we can put a fork in this one.

CBS' Jon Rothstein says Seth is considering Ohio St., Kansas, Va., Mich., Md. and Syracuse.


Would not be the first time a national reporter made mistake of saying Ohio State when it was really dear old OHIO.


Truer, more optimistic words, were never spoken!

Things pointing our way!

"Hearing Seth Towns will be coming back to Ohio...."

https://twitter.com/highmajorscoop/status/124008934420503...



Come and play right away


Come play right away.....at Ohio State.
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  26 - 50  of 55 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Basketball Recruiting' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



Copyright ©2020 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties