Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  RE: Sears Transfer Portal?

Topic:  RE: Sears Transfer Portal?
Author
Message
Andrew Ruck
General User



Member Since: 12/22/2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 3,874

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears Transfer Portal?
   Posted: 5/11/2022 9:53:20 AM 
I think Mark is making a dumb decision that will not pan out well. And for the future interest of Ohio basketball, I hope it does not pan out well and becomes a cautionary tale. I also think there are indeed some deficiencies in his game namely ball distribution.

BUT...I agree some are being total revisionists here. Mark was a joy to have this past season and will be sorely missed. He's got great talent.


Andrew Ruck
B.B.A. 2003

Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,881

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears Transfer Portal?
   Posted: 5/11/2022 10:28:16 AM 
Andrew Ruck wrote:


BUT...I agree some are being total revisionists here. Mark was a joy to have this past season and will be sorely missed. He's got great talent.


Don't disagree with this. I think what has turned many people off is the manner in which he left. He allowed his AAU coach to serve as his mouthpiece in an almost agent like way during the transfer process. There was no public thank you to his teammates, coaches, the program or university acknowledging how Ohio helped him to get to this point. Makes me think how much of a team player was Sears truly?

I will never fault anyone for chasing the bag. However, I do think one year from now....this will be a case study of the grass isn't always greener on the other side.



Last Edited: 5/14/2022 3:38:51 PM by FearLeon


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
mf279801
General User

Member Since: 8/6/2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Post Count: 2,342

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears Transfer Portal?
   Posted: 5/11/2022 10:32:27 AM 
To paraphrase Moe Sizlack I壇 say that I知 a well wisher, in that i wish Sears no specific ill
Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 2,506

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears Transfer Portal?
   Posted: 5/11/2022 10:44:47 AM 
FearLeon wrote:
Andrew Ruck wrote:

BUT...I agree some are being total revisionists here. Mark was a joy to have this past season and will be sorely missed. He's got great talent.


Don't disagree with this. I think what has turned many people off is the manner in which he left. He allowed his AAU coach to serve has his mouthpiece in an almost agent like way during the transfer process. There was no public thank you to his teammates, coaches, the program or university acknowledging how Ohio helped him to get to this point. Makes me think how much of a team player was Sears truly?

I will never fault anyone for chasing the bag. However, I do think one year from now....this will be a case study of the grass isn't always greener on the other side.


I think there's a subtle disconnect between an insistence that NCAA basketball players be amateurs, playing for the "right reasons", and the standards fans insist they meet in that regard while simultaneously insisting that they be seasoned PR pros who message things just right to their fanbase.

People seem really insistent on applying their own narrative to Sears' decision. Not knowing is an option, too.
Back to Top
  
spongeBOB CATpants
General User



Member Since: 8/16/2016
Post Count: 539

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears Transfer Portal?
   Posted: 5/11/2022 1:03:14 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
Andrew Ruck wrote:


BUT...I agree some are being total revisionists here. Mark was a joy to have this past season and will be sorely missed. He's got great talent.


Don't disagree with this. I think what has turned many people off is the manner in which he left. He allowed his AAU coach to serve has his mouthpiece in an almost agent like way during the transfer process. There was no public thank you to his teammates, coaches, the program or university acknowledging how Ohio helped him to get to this point. Makes me think how much of a team player was Sears truly?

I will never fault anyone for chasing the bag. However, I do think one year from now....this will be a case study of the grass isn't always greener on the other side.





This basically sums it up for me as well. Sears kind of forced fans to adhere to their own narrative. No public comment = no closure for fans. IMO he made his own bed in Athens so I don't blame fans for having an opinion.

His only comments came via online interviews and I think we can mostly agree that those comments would rub any loyal fan base the wrong way.
Back to Top
  
OUVan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Bethesda, MD
Post Count: 5,556

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears Transfer Portal?
   Posted: 5/12/2022 8:25:17 PM 
FearLeon wrote:

I will never fault anyone for chasing the bag. However, I do think one year from now....this will be a case study of the grass isn't always greener on the other side.


There are 1,000+ case studies out there right now. I have to imagine that in a couple of years things will calm down a bit when a good number of these kids are left without a situation as good as the one they just left, and in some cases not situation at all. That being said I think Mark Sears will do fine.
Back to Top
  
100%Cat
General User



Member Since: 1/17/2013
Post Count: 2,140

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears Transfer Portal?
   Posted: 5/13/2022 10:54:00 AM 
FearLeon wrote:
Andrew Ruck wrote:


BUT...I agree some are being total revisionists here. Mark was a joy to have this past season and will be sorely missed. He's got great talent.


Don't disagree with this. I think what has turned many people off is the manner in which he left. He allowed his AAU coach to serve has his mouthpiece in an almost agent like way during the transfer process. There was no public thank you to his teammates, coaches, the program or university acknowledging how Ohio helped him to get to this point. Makes me think how much of a team player was Sears truly?

I will never fault anyone for chasing the bag. However, I do think one year from now....this will be a case study of the grass isn't always greener on the other side.





My sentiments exactly.
Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 88

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears Transfer Portal?
   Posted: 5/16/2022 5:06:15 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
Andrew Ruck wrote:


BUT...I agree some are being total revisionists here. Mark was a joy to have this past season and will be sorely missed. He's got great talent.


Don't disagree with this. I think what has turned many people off is the manner in which he left. He allowed his AAU coach to serve as his mouthpiece in an almost agent like way during the transfer process. There was no public thank you to his teammates, coaches, the program or university acknowledging how Ohio helped him to get to this point. Makes me think how much of a team player was Sears truly?

I will never fault anyone for chasing the bag. However, I do think one year from now....this will be a case study of the grass isn't always greener on the other side.





I'm looking forward to watching Alabama next season, and watching Sears grow, I just hope for his sake it's not a Jaaron Simmons situation.

OU 15: 36 minutes per game = 15 points, 8 assists, 3 rebounds
OU 16: 36 minutes per game = 16 points, 6 assists, 3 rebounds

Michigan 17: 8 minutes per game - 1 point, 1 assist

I certainly do not blame the kid for wanting to play for one of the best programs in the country right now, 40 minutes from home. They're deep and can make a legit title run.

I question his move strictly because another big year at OU and he might be getting NBA looks, like Preston. Alabama goes three deep at guard and is bringing in one of the top PG's in the class, and two top 100 guys.

You can find NBA talent anywhere in the country, just not at the end of the bench.

Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 2,506

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears Transfer Portal?
   Posted: 5/16/2022 5:23:59 PM 
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
Andrew Ruck wrote:


BUT...I agree some are being total revisionists here. Mark was a joy to have this past season and will be sorely missed. He's got great talent.


Don't disagree with this. I think what has turned many people off is the manner in which he left. He allowed his AAU coach to serve as his mouthpiece in an almost agent like way during the transfer process. There was no public thank you to his teammates, coaches, the program or university acknowledging how Ohio helped him to get to this point. Makes me think how much of a team player was Sears truly?

I will never fault anyone for chasing the bag. However, I do think one year from now....this will be a case study of the grass isn't always greener on the other side.





I'm looking forward to watching Alabama next season, and watching Sears grow, I just hope for his sake it's not a Jaaron Simmons situation.

OU 15: 36 minutes per game = 15 points, 8 assists, 3 rebounds
OU 16: 36 minutes per game = 16 points, 6 assists, 3 rebounds

Michigan 17: 8 minutes per game - 1 point, 1 assist

I certainly do not blame the kid for wanting to play for one of the best programs in the country right now, 40 minutes from home. They're deep and can make a legit title run.

I question his move strictly because another big year at OU and he might be getting NBA looks, like Preston. Alabama goes three deep at guard and is bringing in one of the top PG's in the class, and two top 100 guys.

You can find NBA talent anywhere in the country, just not at the end of the bench.



One big difference: Simmons was in his age 21-22 season; Sears was in his age 19 season.

When Simmons was that age, he was sitting out after averaging 2 points in 11 minutes on 33% shooting.
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 12,271

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears Transfer Portal?
   Posted: 5/16/2022 11:22:56 PM 
M.D.W.S.T wrote:
You can find NBA talent anywhere in the country, just not at the end of the bench


An astute and very relevant observation. With a little more polish and some additional coaching on the fine art of ball distribution Sears might have been in a position to garner looks from the NBA at OHIO. If he becomes a star at Alabama, the same would hold true, even to a slightly greater degree. However, if he sits on the bench most of the time at UA, he値l not get that chance, or at least not without proving himself in another venue.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
OakStreet
General User

Member Since: 3/28/2012
Location: Bloomington, IN
Post Count: 109

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears Transfer Portal?
   Posted: 5/18/2022 4:07:34 PM 
Whether Sears prospers or struggles at Alabama, at least he'll have given it a shot and he'll know how he stacks up at that level. Especially with him being from Muscle Shoals, his move makes sense to me. Maybe he'll adjust and become a better all-around player who doesn't look for his own shot so much. At 6-1, I don't think he's an NBA player, but he can play pro ball somewhere. In any case, I'll be pulling for him next year and in the future.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat Debate 73
General User



Member Since: 11/26/2007
Post Count: 191

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears Transfer Portal?
   Posted: 5/18/2022 5:07:54 PM 
This is always a risk when someone transfers to school that is not Mac, and a conference that normally gets higher Starred recruits! This is a risk that is promulgated by someone who is either an agent unsigned or someone who wants to push his agenda.

I doubt that Mark Sears has qualities and takent that would allow him to be a top NBA candidate. I do not think he is a Preston. And I think his transfer is a mistake, but I hope for him the best And demonstrate he is an NBA prospect. I知 thinking he could致e done this a OHIO. I知 thinking that Alabama may not be all that it appears to be to him , but I will say that I think that it was a mistake predicting long run the Alabama move helps him but for making it easier for his family to watch his games. Hope that I am wrong!
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 8,140

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears Transfer Portal?
   Posted: 5/18/2022 5:13:32 PM 
OUVan wrote:
FearLeon wrote:

I will never fault anyone for chasing the bag. However, I do think one year from now....this will be a case study of the grass isn't always greener on the other side.


There are 1,000+ case studies out there right now. I have to imagine that in a couple of years things will calm down a bit when a good number of these kids are left without a situation as good as the one they just left, and in some cases not situation at all. That being said I think Mark Sears will do fine.


I値l disagree, and I値l base that on that in several years the kids we are talking about will still be kids, and they will still be heavily influenced by these top level AAU coaches, who are self serving and will give bad advice and be happy to be a bag man and build their street cred. They have powerful influence over kids and parents. And for some reason, paying a guy to coach your son makes some people believe they actually care about 鍍heir son.
Back to Top
  
OakStreet
General User

Member Since: 3/28/2012
Location: Bloomington, IN
Post Count: 109

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears Transfer Portal?
   Posted: 5/19/2022 11:09:30 AM 
Bobcat Debate 73 wrote:
This is always a risk when someone transfers to school that is not Mac, and a conference that normally gets higher Starred recruits! This is a risk that is promulgated by someone who is either an agent unsigned or someone who wants to push his agenda.

I doubt that Mark Sears has qualities and takent that would allow him to be a top NBA candidate. I do not think he is a Preston. And I think his transfer is a mistake, but I hope for him the best And demonstrate he is an NBA prospect. I知 thinking he could致e done this a OHIO. I知 thinking that Alabama may not be all that it appears to be to him , but I will say that I think that it was a mistake predicting long run the Alabama move helps him but for making it easier for his family to watch his games. Hope that I am wrong!


Do you think that if Sears sees his playing time and stats reduced quite a bit at Alabama, that makes it a mistake for him to transfer? I don't see it that way. Was it a mistake for Tommy Schmock to transfer to Ohio because his playing time went down and he scored less than half as much as he had at his previous stop. Maybe playing back home at Alabama is a dream come true for Sears. If so, is it a mistake to take a risk in pursuing that dream?

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 8,140

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears Transfer Portal?
   Posted: 5/19/2022 11:19:40 AM 
OakStreet wrote:
Bobcat Debate 73 wrote:
This is always a risk when someone transfers to school that is not Mac, and a conference that normally gets higher Starred recruits! This is a risk that is promulgated by someone who is either an agent unsigned or someone who wants to push his agenda.

I doubt that Mark Sears has qualities and takent that would allow him to be a top NBA candidate. I do not think he is a Preston. And I think his transfer is a mistake, but I hope for him the best And demonstrate he is an NBA prospect. I知 thinking he could致e done this a OHIO. I知 thinking that Alabama may not be all that it appears to be to him , but I will say that I think that it was a mistake predicting long run the Alabama move helps him but for making it easier for his family to watch his games. Hope that I am wrong!


Do you think that if Sears sees his playing time and stats reduced quite a bit at Alabama, that makes it a mistake for him to transfer? I don't see it that way. Was it a mistake for Tommy Schmock to transfer to Ohio because his playing time went down and he scored less than half as much as he had at his previous stop. Maybe playing back home at Alabama is a dream come true for Sears. If so, is it a mistake to take a risk in pursuing that dream?



+1, it's only a mistake if some do not like the decision.
Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 88

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears Transfer Portal?
   Posted: 5/19/2022 4:27:22 PM 
OakStreet wrote:
Bobcat Debate 73 wrote:
This is always a risk when someone transfers to school that is not Mac, and a conference that normally gets higher Starred recruits! This is a risk that is promulgated by someone who is either an agent unsigned or someone who wants to push his agenda.

I doubt that Mark Sears has qualities and takent that would allow him to be a top NBA candidate. I do not think he is a Preston. And I think his transfer is a mistake, but I hope for him the best And demonstrate he is an NBA prospect. I知 thinking he could致e done this a OHIO. I知 thinking that Alabama may not be all that it appears to be to him , but I will say that I think that it was a mistake predicting long run the Alabama move helps him but for making it easier for his family to watch his games. Hope that I am wrong!


Do you think that if Sears sees his playing time and stats reduced quite a bit at Alabama, that makes it a mistake for him to transfer? I don't see it that way. Was it a mistake for Tommy Schmock to transfer to Ohio because his playing time went down and he scored less than half as much as he had at his previous stop. Maybe playing back home at Alabama is a dream come true for Sears. If so, is it a mistake to take a risk in pursuing that dream?



Alabama added another transfer guard today.

Dom Welch out of St Bonnie痴.

Last Edited: 5/19/2022 6:38:37 PM by M.D.W.S.T

Back to Top
  
cc-cat
General User

Member Since: 4/5/2006
Location: matthews, NC
Post Count: 3,574

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears Transfer Portal?
   Posted: 5/19/2022 8:37:32 PM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
I値l disagree, and I値l base that on that in several years the kids we are talking about will still be kids, and they will still be heavily influenced by these top level AAU coaches, who are self serving and will give bad advice and be happy to be a bag man and build their street cred. They have powerful influence over kids and parents. And for some reason, paying a guy to coach your son makes some people believe they actually care about 鍍heir son.


Also insert that almost every parent thinks their son is the next big thing and certainly the best on the team. Not very hard for an AAU coach or another influencer to win over the parent -- just tell them what they tell themselves.
Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 4,011

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears Transfer Portal?
   Posted: 5/19/2022 8:57:03 PM 
cc-cat wrote:
Also insert that almost every parent thinks their son is the next big thing and certainly the best on the team.


Funny you say that.

My freshman son just completed his junior varsity baseball season. A classmate and his dad have been telling anyone within earshot for the last 12 months that he was going to play varsity baseball this spring. He didn't and even lost a starting position with the JV by the end of the year. Final game was last week and he began telling anyone within earshot that it doesn't matter because he's transferring to another neighboring school district for his sophomore season. The most bizarre twist came today, shortly after the OHSAA announced Ohio will not allow NIL deals for high school athletes, when this kid told anyone within earshot he is moving to a state that is allowing NIL deals for high schoolers. I know, as does my son, that all of this is just the son repeating what he hears from his dad.
Back to Top
  
cc-cat
General User

Member Since: 4/5/2006
Location: matthews, NC
Post Count: 3,574

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears Transfer Portal?
   Posted: 5/19/2022 9:20:59 PM 
bobcatsquared wrote:
the OHSAA announced Ohio will not allow NIL deals for high school athletes


Does this mean his legacy deal with Souvlakis is on hold?
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 8,140

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears Transfer Portal?
   Posted: 5/20/2022 12:04:06 PM 
bobcatsquared wrote:
cc-cat wrote:
Also insert that almost every parent thinks their son is the next big thing and certainly the best on the team.


Funny you say that.

My freshman son just completed his junior varsity baseball season. A classmate and his dad have been telling anyone within earshot for the last 12 months that he was going to play varsity baseball this spring. He didn't and even lost a starting position with the JV by the end of the year. Final game was last week and he began telling anyone within earshot that it doesn't matter because he's transferring to another neighboring school district for his sophomore season. The most bizarre twist came today, shortly after the OHSAA announced Ohio will not allow NIL deals for high school athletes, when this kid told anyone within earshot he is moving to a state that is allowing NIL deals for high schoolers. I know, as does my son, that all of this is just the son repeating what he hears from his dad.


Sadly this plays out daily around the country.
Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 8,658

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears Transfer Portal?
   Posted: 5/20/2022 1:27:29 PM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:
cc-cat wrote:
Also insert that almost every parent thinks their son is the next big thing and certainly the best on the team.


Funny you say that.

My freshman son just completed his junior varsity baseball season. A classmate and his dad have been telling anyone within earshot for the last 12 months that he was going to play varsity baseball this spring. He didn't and even lost a starting position with the JV by the end of the year. Final game was last week and he began telling anyone within earshot that it doesn't matter because he's transferring to another neighboring school district for his sophomore season. The most bizarre twist came today, shortly after the OHSAA announced Ohio will not allow NIL deals for high school athletes, when this kid told anyone within earshot he is moving to a state that is allowing NIL deals for high schoolers. I know, as does my son, that all of this is just the son repeating what he hears from his dad.


Sadly this plays out daily around the country.


And not just at the high school level. This starts in middle school and sometimes even lower.

You have to wonder how much the kid's parents constantly feeding the kid guff about how good he is played into him not making varsity and losing his JV spot. Some kids hear that stuff and think they don't have to try as hard.


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
stub
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 918

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears Transfer Portal?
   Posted: 5/20/2022 2:01:58 PM 
cc-cat wrote:


Does this mean his legacy deal with Souvlakis is on hold?


Could be. And they are still open.

Back to Top
  
M.D.W.S.T
General User



Member Since: 12/23/2021
Post Count: 88

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears Transfer Portal?
   Posted: 5/20/2022 2:36:45 PM 
Pataskala wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:
cc-cat wrote:
Also insert that almost every parent thinks their son is the next big thing and certainly the best on the team.


Funny you say that.

My freshman son just completed his junior varsity baseball season. A classmate and his dad have been telling anyone within earshot for the last 12 months that he was going to play varsity baseball this spring. He didn't and even lost a starting position with the JV by the end of the year. Final game was last week and he began telling anyone within earshot that it doesn't matter because he's transferring to another neighboring school district for his sophomore season. The most bizarre twist came today, shortly after the OHSAA announced Ohio will not allow NIL deals for high school athletes, when this kid told anyone within earshot he is moving to a state that is allowing NIL deals for high schoolers. I know, as does my son, that all of this is just the son repeating what he hears from his dad.


Sadly this plays out daily around the country.


And not just at the high school level. This starts in middle school and sometimes even lower.

You have to wonder how much the kid's parents constantly feeding the kid guff about how good he is played into him not making varsity and losing his JV spot. Some kids hear that stuff and think they don't have to try as hard.


My parents were absolutely beside themselves that I didn't play basketball at a small D3 school. I swear THEY wanted to say "My son plays college basketball" more than I ever wanted it.
Back to Top
  
Andrew Ruck
General User



Member Since: 12/22/2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 3,874

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears Transfer Portal?
   Posted: 5/23/2022 9:37:51 AM 
bobcatsquared wrote:
My freshman son just completed his junior varsity baseball season. A classmate and his dad have been telling anyone within earshot for the last 12 months that he was going to play varsity baseball this spring. He didn't and even lost a starting position with the JV by the end of the year. Final game was last week and he began telling anyone within earshot that it doesn't matter because he's transferring to another neighboring school district for his sophomore season. The most bizarre twist came today, shortly after the OHSAA announced Ohio will not allow NIL deals for high school athletes, when this kid told anyone within earshot he is moving to a state that is allowing NIL deals for high schoolers. I know, as does my son, that all of this is just the son repeating what he hears from his dad.


This is a mortifying story. It really disturbs me.

My son also just finished his JV season as a Freshman. Maybe we will cross paths at some point!


Andrew Ruck
B.B.A. 2003

Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Post Count: 6,253

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Sears Transfer Portal?
   Posted: 5/23/2022 12:16:34 PM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:
cc-cat wrote:
Also insert that almost every parent thinks their son is the next big thing and certainly the best on the team.


Funny you say that.

My freshman son just completed his junior varsity baseball season. A classmate and his dad have been telling anyone within earshot for the last 12 months that he was going to play varsity baseball this spring. He didn't and even lost a starting position with the JV by the end of the year. Final game was last week and he began telling anyone within earshot that it doesn't matter because he's transferring to another neighboring school district for his sophomore season. The most bizarre twist came today, shortly after the OHSAA announced Ohio will not allow NIL deals for high school athletes, when this kid told anyone within earshot he is moving to a state that is allowing NIL deals for high schoolers. I know, as does my son, that all of this is just the son repeating what he hears from his dad.


Sadly this plays out daily around the country.


This has been happening forever. Some kid (or more likely the kid's parents) think they are hot stuff and deserve more playing time so they'll go elsewhere. My favorite example of this was a kid from my high school who was held back a year because he felt snubbed in his age group, then he didn't get enough playing time with the grade behind him either so he transferred to the rival school 10 miles down the road. Joke's on him, he got a lot of PT on bad teams and our football team went to the playoffs and basketball team to the Elite 8. What a loser.
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  251 - 275  of 278 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2022 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties