Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Football
Topic:  RE: Football Parking

Topic:  RE: Football Parking
Author
Message
OUcats82
General User



Member Since: 1/9/2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Post Count: 1,681

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Football Parking
   Posted: 7/22/2021 3:50:40 PM 
Pataskala wrote:
shabamon wrote:


The biggest casualty to the move to the semester system is May in Athens no longer exists for students.



+1. May is the best month in Athens.


I have never been in Athens during July or December. But I think this is a solid take.

October ain't too shabby, either.


Ohio-The State University

Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 7,950

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Football Parking
   Posted: 7/22/2021 11:02:38 PM 
OUcats82 wrote:
Pataskala wrote:
shabamon wrote:


The biggest casualty to the move to the semester system is May in Athens no longer exists for students.



+1. May is the best month in Athens.


I have never been in Athens during July or December. But I think this is a solid take.

October ain't too shabby, either.


From someone who always seemed to have his last final around Dec 21, trust me, December in Athens is generally the pits. It's dark, it's bleak, and the only redeeming quality is the occasional home b-ball game.

I was never there in July either, but a few of my friends who took summer classes complained about the heat.

Always liked October except for the last five days or so when the leaves were gone, the rains started coming in and it began looking like November. October is the anti-May -- it starts out great and winds up meh.


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
TexanMark
General User

Member Since: 2/9/2019
Post Count: 51

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Football Parking
   Posted: 8/9/2021 7:57:58 PM 
Hey we'll be in the Morton Lot (90) around 2pm for the Cuse game setting up.

Look for the Striped Orange n Blue Cuse Flag. I ended up buying 50 tickets in Section 13.

Come by and say hi...I'll save you a LaBatt's
Thanks everyone for your help

Mark

P.S. We are getting brats and Bahama Mama's from Schmidt's in Columbus.

Last Edited: 8/10/2021 8:42:41 AM by TexanMark


Syracuse Fan and Tailgate Guru

Back to Top
  
stockercat
General User

Member Since: 8/12/2012
Post Count: 4

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Football Parking
   Posted: 8/9/2021 9:32:59 PM 
Morton Hall will be probably be locked on the weekends and you will need an ID to open the doors. You will be able to get access Jefferson Hall because there is a small market inside. There are bathrooms on the ground level of Jefferson.
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 4,121

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Football Parking
   Posted: 8/9/2021 9:45:35 PM 
stockercat wrote:
Morton Hall will be probably be locked on the weekends and you will need an ID to open the doors. You will be able to get access Jefferson Hall because there is a small market inside. There are bathrooms on the ground level of Jefferson.


Nelson is right across the street though.

Does anyone know if you have to swipe in a meal plan off the student ID to access the bathroom? Before the remodel you didn't have to.
Back to Top
  
TexanMark
General User

Member Since: 2/9/2019
Post Count: 51

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Football Parking
   Posted: 8/10/2021 8:46:57 AM 
I'll do a recon of both places on Saturday. You could also walk south to the golf course clubhouse too I figure.


Syracuse Fan and Tailgate Guru

Back to Top
  
Jeff McKinney
Moderator

Member Since: 11/12/2004
Post Count: 5,393

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Football Parking
   Posted: 8/10/2021 10:15:54 AM 
TexanMark wrote:
Hey we'll be in the Morton Lot (90) around 2pm for the Cuse game setting up.

Look for the Striped Orange n Blue Cuse Flag. I ended up buying 50 tickets in Section 13.

Come by and say hi...I'll save you a LaBatt's
Thanks everyone for your help

Mark

P.S. We are getting brats and Bahama Mama's from Schmidt's in Columbus.


Hope you guys enjoy it. Hope the weather turns out ok.

Back to Top
  
TexanMark
General User

Member Since: 2/9/2019
Post Count: 51

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Football Parking
   Posted: 8/10/2021 11:29:08 AM 
Jeff McKinney wrote:
TexanMark wrote:
Hey we'll be in the Morton Lot (90) around 2pm for the Cuse game setting up.

Look for the Striped Orange n Blue Cuse Flag. I ended up buying 50 tickets in Section 13.

Come by and say hi...I'll save you a LaBatt's
Thanks everyone for your help

Mark

P.S. We are getting brats and Bahama Mama's from Schmidt's in Columbus.


Hope you guys enjoy it. Hope the weather turns out ok.



Hoping to...I actually love going to MAC games. Tailgating is so much easier and usually pretty close to the stadium too.

If this game was not Labor Day Weekend I probably could have sold 100 tickets vs 50. Jacob at the ticket office was great. He got us 50 seats right behind the Cuse bench in Section 13. We paid $25 per ticket which I thought was fair for being near midfield. Hopefully the Ohio students will not bother us too much. LoL

Seriously, any of you guys are welcome to swing by for a bit.

I'll serve you up one of the best hot dogs you've ever tasted and a LaBatt's Blue
https://hofmannsausage.com/our-shop /

We are a happy, welcoming group.

Last Edited: 8/10/2021 11:31:17 AM by TexanMark


Syracuse Fan and Tailgate Guru

Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 11,282

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Football Parking
   Posted: 8/10/2021 11:25:05 PM 
Jeff McKinney wrote:
TexanMark wrote:
Hey we'll be in the Morton Lot (90) around 2pm for the Cuse game setting up.

Look for the Striped Orange n Blue Cuse Flag. I ended up buying 50 tickets in Section 13.

Come by and say hi...I'll save you a LaBatt's
Thanks everyone for your help

Mark

P.S. We are getting brats and Bahama Mama's from Schmidt's in Columbus.


Hope you guys enjoy it. Hope the weather turns out ok.



Just to clarify, we hope that you enjoy the tailgating, but the game -- not so much! ;-)


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
TexanMark
General User

Member Since: 2/9/2019
Post Count: 51

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Football Parking
   Posted: 8/16/2021 10:23:20 AM 
Quick question?

Do they sell beer at the stadium for the general public?

Also, is there anything interesting at the concession stands?


Syracuse Fan and Tailgate Guru

Back to Top
  
mf279801
General User

Member Since: 8/6/2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Post Count: 2,230

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Football Parking
   Posted: 8/16/2021 10:25:57 AM 
TexanMark wrote:
Quick question?

Do they sell beer at the stadium for the general public?

Also, is there anything interesting at the concession stands?


Yes, the sell beer at the stadium (no special-level of ticket required). Not sure the setup this year, but in years past there have been a couple of stand-alone beer stands, with beer *not* being sold at the standard concession stands.

There is nothing particularly unique at the concession stands. Donít even get this board started on the subject of hot pretzels.
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 4,121

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Football Parking
   Posted: 8/16/2021 11:48:46 AM 
TexanMark wrote:


Also, is there anything interesting at the concession stands?


Do you like Nachos with Lunchables cheese and no jalapenos? Do you like boxed popcorn that came off a truck? Do you like your cashier to be a high school sophomore who needs an old-fashioned Casio model to calculate $3.50 + $4.50 + $5.00? Well come on down!
Back to Top
  
TexanMark
General User

Member Since: 2/9/2019
Post Count: 51

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Football Parking
   Posted: 8/16/2021 1:00:11 PM 
shabamon wrote:
TexanMark wrote:


Also, is there anything interesting at the concession stands?


Do you like Nachos with Lunchables cheese and no jalapenos? Do you like boxed popcorn that came off a truck? Do you like your cashier to be a high school sophomore who needs an old-fashioned Casio model to calculate $3.50 + $4.50 + $5.00? Well come on down!


Ha Ha...yes Nachos with generic chips and cold artificial cheese sauce is the best!

Don't get me started on cashiers.

Bill comes to $3.12...pull out $5 and cashier puts that in her computer...oh me (the Boomer) says...just a minute I have 12 cents. Hands her $5.12 and her
mind is blown as she isn't sure what to do. I've had them in the past shake their head and hand me back the 12 cents and proceeds to get $1.88 out of the cash register. Other times they'll hand me $1.76...True Story. Us Boomers had to do math in our heads.


Syracuse Fan and Tailgate Guru

Back to Top
  
Jeff McKinney
Moderator

Member Since: 11/12/2004
Post Count: 5,393

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Football Parking
   Posted: 8/16/2021 4:29:20 PM 
TexanMark wrote:
shabamon wrote:
TexanMark wrote:


Also, is there anything interesting at the concession stands?


Do you like Nachos with Lunchables cheese and no jalapenos? Do you like boxed popcorn that came off a truck? Do you like your cashier to be a high school sophomore who needs an old-fashioned Casio model to calculate $3.50 + $4.50 + $5.00? Well come on down!


Ha Ha...yes Nachos with generic chips and cold artificial cheese sauce is the best!

Don't get me started on cashiers.

Bill comes to $3.12...pull out $5 and cashier puts that in her computer...oh me (the Boomer) says...just a minute I have 12 cents. Hands her $5.12 and her
mind is blown as she isn't sure what to do. I've had them in the past shake their head and hand me back the 12 cents and proceeds to get $1.88 out of the cash register. Other times they'll hand me $1.76...True Story. Us Boomers had to do math in our heads.


Agree!

Back to Top
  
oldkatz
General User

Member Since: 12/22/2004
Post Count: 1,261

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Football Parking
   Posted: 8/17/2021 6:13:12 PM 
You can further confuse them by mentioning the time is quarter after something.


"All my inside sources tell me I have no inside sources." Salvatore "money bucks" Mafiosiano.

Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 7,950

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Football Parking
   Posted: 8/22/2021 10:50:19 PM 
Stay away from Stimson Avenue, if possible. It's under construction and has only one lane open, going westbound (into downtown). It's worse than its usual mess. I'm not sure why they would get on it anyway; the only things there are a Sonic -- which is at the east end of the and is best accessed off US 33 -- and a KFC -- which is down that way, too, but inside the construction area.

Last Edited: 8/22/2021 10:59:28 PM by Pataskala


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
TexanMark
General User

Member Since: 2/9/2019
Post Count: 51

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Football Parking
   Posted: 8/23/2021 10:42:54 AM 
Thanks for the Stimson Ave tip. Saturday night after the game I'm staying in Marietta. I'll be leaving from the Nelson Commons area...is there another route? Or should I stay on side streets and jump onto Stimson near the bridge?


Syracuse Fan and Tailgate Guru

Back to Top
  
TexanMark
General User

Member Since: 2/9/2019
Post Count: 51

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Football Parking
   Posted: 8/23/2021 10:44:52 AM 
Ok...I'm staying in Athens on Friday night only...(Marietta for Sat night). Is there a good sports bar with solid sports bar food in Athens that has a bunch of TVs other than B-dubs?

Last Edited: 8/23/2021 1:07:12 PM by TexanMark


Syracuse Fan and Tailgate Guru

Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 4,121

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Football Parking
   Posted: 8/23/2021 11:45:38 AM 
Pigskin
Broney's
Red Brick

In that order, for an uptown feel. Lucky's and Courtside are pretty much just pizza and not wall to wall TVs, but could work in a pinch. Shade on State Street will have what you want, but more of a surrounding community atmosphere and not the uptown drag.
Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 6,478

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Football Parking
   Posted: 8/23/2021 12:27:47 PM 
The three nicest places are Broneys, Courtside and North End - all clean, well run and a place where your wife would actually use the toilet facilities.
Back to Top
  
Kinggeorge4
General User



Member Since: 12/22/2004
Location: Guysville, OH
Post Count: 806

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Football Parking
   Posted: 8/23/2021 1:48:41 PM 
TexanMark wrote:
Thanks for the Stimson Ave tip. Saturday night after the game I'm staying in Marietta. I'll be leaving from the Nelson Commons area...is there another route? Or should I stay on side streets and jump onto Stimson near the bridge?


Out of Morton take Stewart to the stop sign, turn right then left to head to the round about next to the bridge.


GO BOBCATS
GEORGE

Back to Top
  
Recovering Journalist
General User

Member Since: 8/17/2010
Location: Cleveland, OH
Post Count: 1,596

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Football Parking
   Posted: 8/23/2021 2:08:42 PM 
shabamon wrote:
Pigskin
Broney's
Red Brick

In that order, for an uptown feel. Lucky's and Courtside are pretty much just pizza and not wall to wall TVs, but could work in a pinch. Shade on State Street will have what you want, but more of a surrounding community atmosphere and not the uptown drag.


Yeah, the "bunch of TV"s stipulation removes Jackie O's too, which only has a couple of TVs but great beer, food and atmosphere. Not particularly germane to this conversation, but I was just passing through Syracuse this week and really enjoyed it. I hope the visitors enjoy Athens.
Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 7,950

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Football Parking
   Posted: 8/23/2021 2:37:01 PM 
Kinggeorge4 wrote:
TexanMark wrote:
Thanks for the Stimson Ave tip. Saturday night after the game I'm staying in Marietta. I'll be leaving from the Nelson Commons area...is there another route? Or should I stay on side streets and jump onto Stimson near the bridge?


Out of Morton take Stewart to the stop sign, turn right then left to head to the round about next to the bridge.


Yeah. Stewart to Mill, then right to the Mill Street Apartments, turn left (I think the street is 1804 Way) and the roundabout to the bridge is just up the street.


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
TexanMark
General User

Member Since: 2/9/2019
Post Count: 51

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Football Parking
   Posted: 8/23/2021 3:03:35 PM 
Recovering Journalist wrote:
shabamon wrote:
Pigskin
Broney's
Red Brick

In that order, for an uptown feel. Lucky's and Courtside are pretty much just pizza and not wall to wall TVs, but could work in a pinch. Shade on State Street will have what you want, but more of a surrounding community atmosphere and not the uptown drag.


Yeah, the "bunch of TV"s stipulation removes Jackie O's too, which only has a couple of TVs but great beer, food and atmosphere. Not particularly germane to this conversation, but I was just passing through Syracuse this week and really enjoyed it. I hope the visitors enjoy Athens.



I hope a few of you can make the return trip. I'm part of a large tailgate group that's main charter is to be welcoming to visitors and occasional visiting Cuse fans. We had about a dozen WMU fans in '19 and they all had a great time.

Downtown Syracuse actually is pretty vibrant. The city itself after losing population for 60 years actually made a modest gain in the city limits the past decade.

Last Edited: 8/23/2021 9:23:26 PM by TexanMark


Syracuse Fan and Tailgate Guru

Back to Top
  
AlumDadDad
General User



Member Since: 10/18/2015
Post Count: 301

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Football Parking
   Posted: 8/23/2021 7:42:46 PM 
Speaking of parking and tailgating... anyone received their parking passes yet??
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  26 - 50  of 74 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Football' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             




Copyright ©2021 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties