Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Football
Topic:  RE: Big Ten Too!

Topic:  RE: Big Ten Too!
Author
Message
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 7,121

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Big Ten Too!
   Posted: 9/3/2020 4:49:11 PM 
Cats5 wrote:
If the Big Ten starts back up, will the MAC?


Not until spring, and I don't expect the B10 will start before Thanksgiving. Nobody cares if the MAC opens up but the B10 has more interest regarding the NFL draft and for political reasons. Jarod Smalley on WCMH-TV last night mentioned one importance of the B10 to the national political scene -- it's footprint includes four swing states (PA, MI, WI and MN) plus Ohio (which also may be in play in November). While the MAC's footprint includes MI and Ohio, the main interest among the public in general is with the B10 schools. The MAC is under no pressure to open.


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
SBH
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 2,458

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Big Ten Too!
   Posted: 9/4/2020 11:27:17 AM 
6-7 game schedule starting in March.
Back to Top
  
Cats5
General User

Member Since: 6/14/2017
Post Count: 197

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Big Ten Too!
   Posted: 9/12/2020 5:20:19 PM 
Hearing that the Big 10 will return to play soon
Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 2,792

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Big Ten Too!
   Posted: 9/12/2020 6:57:48 PM 
Cats5 wrote:
Hearing that the Big 10 will return to play soon


There was a story about this on the news out here yesterday.

It said Rutgers new president is a very pro sports.

But totally against starting football "early".

Be interesting to see what happens.
Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 7,121

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Big Ten Too!
   Posted: 9/12/2020 10:39:22 PM 
rpbobcat wrote:
Cats5 wrote:
Hearing that the Big 10 will return to play soon


There was a story about this on the news out here yesterday.

It said Rutgers new president is a very pro sports.

But totally against starting football "early".

Be interesting to see what happens.


I'm surprised they might vote tomorrow. I thought they might wait a few days to see whether this weekend's games create any covid issues. Several games this weekend and next involving teams that played last weekend have been or are in danger of being postponed due to the virus.

The B10 needs nine votes to reopen. The three B10 presidents that opposed shutting down the season reportedly were O$U, Iowa and Neb. Mich would likely be pressured to favor opening, given that Harbaugh has been shooting off his mouth. Indiana and Purdue might feel some pressure, given that ND opened with a fair-sized crowd today. That could make six. Not sure whether the rest are getting any kind of pressure.

If the B10 and Pac-12 start by mid-October, would the CFP selection committee hold off its final vote for playoff teams until the B10/Pac-12 complete their seasons, probably by late December?

Last Edited: 9/12/2020 10:39:52 PM by Pataskala


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
ExCat21
General User

Member Since: 9/29/2014
Post Count: 654

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Big Ten Too!
   Posted: 9/13/2020 4:05:11 PM 
Pataskala wrote:
rpbobcat wrote:
Cats5 wrote:
Hearing that the Big 10 will return to play soon


There was a story about this on the news out here yesterday.

It said Rutgers new president is a very pro sports.

But totally against starting football "early".

Be interesting to see what happens.


I'm surprised they might vote tomorrow. I thought they might wait a few days to see whether this weekend's games create any covid issues. Several games this weekend and next involving teams that played last weekend have been or are in danger of being postponed due to the virus.

The B10 needs nine votes to reopen. The three B10 presidents that opposed shutting down the season reportedly were O$U, Iowa and Neb. Mich would likely be pressured to favor opening, given that Harbaugh has been shooting off his mouth. Indiana and Purdue might feel some pressure, given that ND opened with a fair-sized crowd today. That could make six. Not sure whether the rest are getting any kind of pressure.

If the B10 and Pac-12 start by mid-October, would the CFP selection committee hold off its final vote for playoff teams until the B10/Pac-12 complete their seasons, probably by late December?


Yes. They would.
Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 7,121

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Big Ten Too!
   Posted: 9/14/2020 11:02:40 AM 
Just when it looks like the B10 will set a date for starting the football season, the son of one of the protest organizers has opted out of his senior season at O$U to prep for the NFL draft: https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29884476...


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 2,792

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Big Ten Too!
   Posted: 9/15/2020 3:57:49 PM 
Just saw a news blurb that the president of Nebraska got caught on a "hot mic" saying the B1G will announce their decision on starting their season tonight.

Back to Top
  
ZIPsCAT
General User

Member Since: 9/3/2014
Post Count: 36

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Big Ten Too!
   Posted: 9/21/2020 6:46:28 PM 
yamaha45701 wrote:
I wish I could find the link to post about researchers who have put the genetic COVID19 into a supercomputer and run the numbers about its effect on human tissue. The virus apparently is using very tricky was to get around the human body and then lodging in different areas where the body then reacts, often with fatal results (such as lungs getting filled with mucus and other body fluids). It is one nasty virus and researchers are still getting a grasp on its intricacies. This heart inflammation could potentially impact an athletes future, even if they recover.


SARS-CoV-2 attaches to the ACE2 surface protein. ACE2 is in higher concentrations in the cells located in the Lungs, Major Arteries, Kidneys and...heart.
Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 7,121

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Big Ten Too!
   Posted: 9/25/2020 4:34:57 PM 
A BYU OL has pneumonia after completing required isolation for positive covid test. https://sports.yahoo.com/father-of-byu-ol-tristen-hoge-sa...


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  51 - 60  of 60 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3
View Other 'Ohio Football' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



Copyright ©2020 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties