Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Football
Topic:  Burrow to Bengals #1

Topic:  Burrow to Bengals #1
Author
Message
BuddyLee
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 635

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  Burrow to Bengals #1
   Posted: 4/23/2020 8:48:17 PM 
Congrats to Joe! Any new Bengals fans on this board?
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 3,461

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow to Bengals #1
   Posted: 4/23/2020 8:57:17 PM 
I'm a former Bengals season ticket holder. Last year I got so apathetic, I couldn't name a third of the roster if you quizzed me. This year, if there is a season, I will try to make at least one game.

More happy for Joe for putting the region on the map and going #1 than I am for the Bengals.

Much more interested in what Cincinnati does tomorrow.
Back to Top
  
RSBobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/22/2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 3,975

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow to Bengals #1
   Posted: 4/23/2020 9:27:34 PM 
At least I have a reason to get excited about going to an NFL game in my state now......


RS Bobcat

Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 2,644

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow to Bengals #1
   Posted: 4/24/2020 6:38:05 AM 
I liked that they showed the part of his Heisman speech talking about the poverty in South East in Ohio and how much money has been raised for the Athens Food Bank.

Also liked the "740" shirt and how he explained it.

The kid does show a lot of class.

Guess we'll wee that shirt for sale soon.

Would also like to see them change the shirt with the interlocking outlines of Ohio and Louisiana to add another Ohio outline,now that he's back.
Back to Top
  
Maddog13
General User

Member Since: 12/21/2004
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Post Count: 399

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow to Bengals #1
   Posted: 4/24/2020 11:29:49 AM 
Despite being born in Nelsonville and raised in Athens, I have always been a Raiders fan since I was a young kid; however, I have always followed every NFL team that employed a former Bobcat. I will certainly be following Mr. Burrow closely, because my loyalty to fellow Athens High School Bulldog graduates far transcends my loyalty either to the Raiders or the Bobcats, though the ladder, being a graduate of Ohio University too, is a very close second.
Back to Top
  
100%Cat
General User



Member Since: 1/17/2013
Post Count: 1,832

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow to Bengals #1
   Posted: 4/24/2020 1:47:27 PM 
shabamon wrote:
I'm a former Bengals season ticket holder. Last year I got so apathetic, I couldn't name a third of the roster if you quizzed me. This year, if there is a season, I will try to make at least one game.

More happy for Joe for putting the region on the map and going #1 than I am for the Bengals.

Much more interested in what Cincinnati does tomorrow.


As a Bengals fan, I felt like the team (meaning management) had no interest in winning last year. AJ Green was out for the year, 1st round pick Jonah Williams was out, both out of team control but really hurt the team. Then there was the bizarre benching of Dalton for multiple games. It felt, to me, like they were looking to bottom out (which they did) and reboot. The crazy thing is, look up how often teams in the last decade have made the playoffs, who has the most playoff appearances? Although they haven't won a playoff game, they've been in the post season 6 times in that span. That's like upper 1/4 of the NFL. We aren't that far removed from winning games and making it to the playoffs. Get people healthy, add some more talent in the rest of this draft, and I can optimistically see a much better season in 2020 (if the season happens, obviously).
Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 2,644

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow to Bengals #1
   Posted: 4/24/2020 2:24:17 PM 
rpbobcat wrote:


Also liked the "740" shirt and how he explained it.

The kid does show a lot of class.

Guess we'll wee that shirt for sale soon.



Well,that didn't take long.

College Book Store has it up on their site.


Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 5,954

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow to Bengals #1
   Posted: 4/24/2020 2:29:49 PM 
rpbobcat wrote:
rpbobcat wrote:


Also liked the "740" shirt and how he explained it.

The kid does show a lot of class.

Guess we'll wee that shirt for sale soon.



Well,that didn't take long.

College Book Store has it up on their site.




Pretty sure that shirt's been around for awhile. The one he had on last night was a custom one from Nike.

Here's another one.

http://shopathensohio.com/740-athens-ohio-t-shirt /

And another one.

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/1284495-740-area-code-o...

That said, no one looks as good in that shirt as he does. Proud to say he's an Athens County guy.

Last Edited: 4/24/2020 2:33:24 PM by Alan Swank

Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 2,644

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow to Bengals #1
   Posted: 4/24/2020 2:58:29 PM 
Alan Swank wrote:

Pretty sure that shirt's been around for awhile. The one he had on last night was a custom one from Nike.

Here's another one.

http://shopathensohio.com/740-athens-ohio-t-shirt /

And another one.

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/1284495-740-area-code-o...

That said, no one looks as good in that shirt as he does. Proud to say he's an Athens County guy.


CBS is selling what looks like the one from last night,absent the NIke "swoosh".

Last Edited: 4/24/2020 2:58:57 PM by rpbobcat

Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 5,954

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow to Bengals #1
   Posted: 4/24/2020 3:53:50 PM 
These are going quickly in Athens.

Last Edited: 4/24/2020 10:16:40 PM by Alan Swank

Back to Top
  
Robert Fox
General User

Member Since: 11/16/2004
Location: Knoxville, TN
Post Count: 2,039

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow to Bengals #1
   Posted: 4/24/2020 4:03:18 PM 
Kids these days. When I was a kid it was 614. That was good enough for us. Now they have to make it 740.
Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 5,954

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow to Bengals #1
   Posted: 4/24/2020 4:21:44 PM 
Robert Fox wrote:
Kids these days. When I was a kid it was 614. That was good enough for us. Now they have to make it 740.


When we moved to Athens in 1979 is was 614. Here's the current area code map of Ohio.

https://www.allareacodes.com/ohio_area_codes.htm
Back to Top
  
Obc2
General User

Member Since: 11/8/2007
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Post Count: 486

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow to Bengals #1
   Posted: 4/24/2020 6:45:32 PM 
Quick recap on 2019 bengals:

Worst o line I've ever seen.
Dalton was subpar when replaced. Had to see what Finley had. Uh huh, much less.

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,226

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow to Bengals #1
   Posted: 4/25/2020 1:07:04 PM 
Obc2 wrote:
Quick recap on 2019 bengals:

Worst o line I've ever seen.
Dalton was subpar when replaced. Had to see what Finley had. Uh huh, much less.



They were without their #1 pick last year at left tackle, hes back and should be a big upgrade
Back to Top
  
Sean Gallagher
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2012
Post Count: 130

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Burrow to Bengals #1
   Posted: 4/25/2020 9:50:51 PM 
I've got to check the Athens code to see if I need a variance to put a 200' flagpole on my Athens property for my BROWNS flag. Also, anyone know if its legal to grease those?

In all seriousness, I'm really happy for Joe and his family and I sincerely hope he does well. His parents raised a great young man.
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 15  of 15 Posts
Jump to Page:  1
View Other 'Ohio Football' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



Copyright ©2020 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties