Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Football
Topic:  MAC OOC games in 2020

Topic:  MAC OOC games in 2020
Author
Message
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 6,830

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  MAC OOC games in 2020
   Posted: 2/13/2020 4:46:50 PM 
Here's the MAC's OOC schedule for this coming season:

Akron: vs. Youngstown State; at New Mexico State; at Clemson; vs UMass
Ball State: vs Maine; at Michigan; at Indiana; vs. Wyoming
Bowling Green: at Ohio State; vs. Robert Morris; at Illinois; vs. Liberty
Buffalo: at Kansas State; vs. St. Francis; at Ohio State; at Army
Central Michigan: vs. San Jose State; at Nebraska; at Northwestern; vs. Bryant
Eastern Michigan: at Kentucky; vs. Coastal Carolina; at Missouri; at Army
Kent State: at Penn State; vs. Kennesaw State; at Kentucky; at Alabama
Fiami: at Pitt; vs. Ark PB; vs. Cincinnati; vs. Army
NIU: vs. Rhode Island; at Maryland; at Iowa; vs. BYU
Ohio: vs. NC Central; at Boston College; vs. T'erd; at Texas State
Toledo: at Tulsa; vs. San Diego State; at Michigan State; vs. Central CT
Western Michigan: vs. Colgate; at Cincinnati; at Notre Dame; vs. Syracuse

Kent is going for the money in exchange for wins again this year. Last year they went to ASU, Auburn and Wis; wound up 0-3 and outscored 133-23.

CMU has the best chance to make some noise.


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
MonroeClassmate
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2010
Post Count: 1,264

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: MAC OOC games in 2020
   Posted: 2/13/2020 9:14:03 PM 
Pataskala wrote:
Here's the MAC's OOC schedule for this coming season:

CMU has the best chance to make some noise.


I would think that OHIO, Toledo and Western have as good of chance for the noise and actually the reigning MAC Eastern Champs as well.

Back to Top
  
Bobcat1996
General User

Member Since: 1/2/2017
Post Count: 408

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: MAC OOC games in 2020
   Posted: 2/14/2020 7:07:42 AM 
Interesting to see three MAC schools facing Army.
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 3,397

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: MAC OOC games in 2020
   Posted: 2/14/2020 8:36:05 AM 
Kent is pretty much saying they aren't making any money through the gate no matter the opponent, so let's go collect paychecks. Probably not the most fan friendly approach, but trust the process.

Akron coming off an 0-12 season will give themselves a chance at 3-1 with that schedule.

Miami's schedule is super fan friendly. They'll get seven total home games including both of their major rivals and a service academy. Great year to buy season tickets if you're a Miami fan.

Western's schedule is pretty attractive, too. They get to host an ACC team and both of their road games are in driving distance.

Buffalo's schedue.... woof! I didn't know either of the St. Francis schools even had football.
Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: On US33 between Athens and Madison Co., OH
Post Count: 7,403

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: MAC OOC games in 2020
   Posted: 2/14/2020 11:22:38 AM 
Nothing like NC Central, Boston College, and Texas State to get you excited! ;)
Back to Top
  
IceCat76
General User

Member Since: 12/5/2016
Location: Byfield, MA
Post Count: 93

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: MAC OOC games in 2020
   Posted: 2/14/2020 12:06:03 PM 
I thought BC was a home&home. Not showing on the press release.
BC doesn't have the money for a big payday game. We're not going to bring in much if any money this year.
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,045

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: MAC OOC games in 2020
   Posted: 2/14/2020 1:03:41 PM 
IceCat76 wrote:
I thought BC was a home&home. Not showing on the press release.
BC doesn't have the money for a big payday game. We're not going to bring in much if any money this year.


We rarely ever do!
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 3,397

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: MAC OOC games in 2020
   Posted: 2/14/2020 1:13:57 PM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
IceCat76 wrote:
I thought BC was a home&home. Not showing on the press release.
BC doesn't have the money for a big payday game. We're not going to bring in much if any money this year.


We rarely ever do!


BC is a buy game.
Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 5,764

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: MAC OOC games in 2020
   Posted: 2/16/2020 7:43:06 AM 
OU_Country wrote:
Nothing like NC Central, Boston College, and Texas State to get you excited! ;)


I'd say our non-league schedule is the least attractive of all the MAC teams. Hopefully we'll have four Saturday games again this year though.

Back to Top
  
Mike Johnson
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: North Canton, OH
Post Count: 1,468

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: MAC OOC games in 2020
   Posted: 2/16/2020 12:57:42 PM 
When I look at attractiveness of OOC schedules, I look chiefly at home games. In that vein, I see us having Marshall as a very attractive OOC opponent. I see only 3 other MAC teams with a more attractive home OOC opponent.



Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 5,764

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: MAC OOC games in 2020
   Posted: 2/16/2020 1:58:45 PM 
Mike Johnson wrote:
When I look at attractiveness of OOC schedules, I look chiefly at home games. In that vein, I see us having Marshall as a very attractive OOC opponent. I see only 3 other MAC teams with a more attractive home OOC opponent.


I'm guessing those three are Miami, Toledo, and NIU. I tend to look at attractiveness in terms of a game I'd like to go to like Tennessee a few years ago and games that get some national attention if we win or play a very competitive game into the fourth quarter.
Back to Top
  
MonroeClassmate
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2010
Post Count: 1,264

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: MAC OOC games in 2020
   Posted: 2/16/2020 2:37:32 PM 
Bobcat1996 wrote:
Interesting to see three MAC schools facing Army.


Will be interesting to see what decade OHIO faces Army or Navy and if any on here will still be alive to enjoy going to the game.

Well, at least 2022 finally looks like a manly schedule going on the road for Penn State, Iowa State and Rutgers with a Florida Atlantic (whoever they are) home game thrown in.
Back to Top
  
Mike Johnson
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: North Canton, OH
Post Count: 1,468

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: MAC OOC games in 2020
   Posted: 2/16/2020 3:13:14 PM 
Alan Swank wrote:
Mike Johnson wrote:
When I look at attractiveness of OOC schedules, I look chiefly at home games. In that vein, I see us having Marshall as a very attractive OOC opponent. I see only 3 other MAC teams with a more attractive home OOC opponent.


I'm guessing those three are Miami, Toledo, and NIU. I tend to look at attractiveness in terms of a game I'd like to go to like Tennessee a few years ago and games that get some national attention if we win or play a very competitive game into the fourth quarter.


Understood.
Btw, I don't cringe or snicker when I see the likes of Kennesaw State, Robert Morris, Bryant, et al on MAC OOC schedules; those and others of their ilk dot the OOC schedules of SEC, ACC and Big 12 schedules.



Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 6,830

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: MAC OOC games in 2020
   Posted: 2/16/2020 5:41:04 PM 
Mike Johnson wrote:
Alan Swank wrote:
Mike Johnson wrote:
When I look at attractiveness of OOC schedules, I look chiefly at home games. In that vein, I see us having Marshall as a very attractive OOC opponent. I see only 3 other MAC teams with a more attractive home OOC opponent.


I'm guessing those three are Miami, Toledo, and NIU. I tend to look at attractiveness in terms of a game I'd like to go to like Tennessee a few years ago and games that get some national attention if we win or play a very competitive game into the fourth quarter.


Understood.
Btw, I don't cringe or snicker when I see the likes of Kennesaw State, Robert Morris, Bryant, et al on MAC OOC schedules; those and others of their ilk dot the OOC schedules of SEC, ACC and Big 12 schedules.


For instance, Baylor plays Incarnate Word this year.


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
Bobcat1996
General User

Member Since: 1/2/2017
Post Count: 408

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: MAC OOC games in 2020
   Posted: 2/16/2020 6:59:00 PM 
I admire Kent's aggressive schedule and the desire to get a huge pay day, but at Penn St, Bama and Kentucky are all huge losses. They will bring in a gigantic amount of cash, but won't beat those teams. Eastern Michigan has Coastal Carolina home but away at Kentucky, Mizzou and Army. Not ideal for a winning record. Akron away at Clemson is a drubbing but they should bring in a bunch of money for that game. I am wondering why Akron doesn't consider the same type of scheduling Kent has been doing as Akron is struggling financially.
Back to Top
  
OhioBobcat
General User

Member Since: 1/20/2006
Post Count: 1,107

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: MAC OOC games in 2020
   Posted: 2/16/2020 8:52:43 PM 
Alan Swank wrote:
OU_Country wrote:
Nothing like NC Central, Boston College, and Texas State to get you excited! ;)


I'd say our non-league schedule is the least attractive of all the MAC teams.



It's been like that for years now. Look at the rest of the MAC's schedules for the better part of the last decade and compare it to Ohio's. Ohio's is by far the most dull, boring, fill in your adjective.
Back to Top
  
Mike Johnson
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: North Canton, OH
Post Count: 1,468

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: MAC OOC games in 2020
   Posted: 2/16/2020 9:41:48 PM 
OhioBobcat wrote:
Alan Swank wrote:
OU_Country wrote:
Nothing like NC Central, Boston College, and Texas State to get you excited! ;)


I'd say our non-league schedule is the least attractive of all the MAC teams.



It's been like that for years now. Look at the rest of the MAC's schedules for the better part of the last decade and compare it to Ohio's. Ohio's is by far the most dull, boring, fill in your adjective.


Hmmm...Pitt, Marshall, Louisiana. I for one didn't find that boring. And Marshall and BC? Perhaps not scintillating but not boring.

As for Kent, the school is okay with dollars for slaughters.



Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 5,764

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: MAC OOC games in 2020
   Posted: 2/17/2020 8:10:34 PM 
Mike Johnson wrote:
OhioBobcat wrote:
Alan Swank wrote:
OU_Country wrote:
Nothing like NC Central, Boston College, and Texas State to get you excited! ;)


I'd say our non-league schedule is the least attractive of all the MAC teams.



It's been like that for years now. Look at the rest of the MAC's schedules for the better part of the last decade and compare it to Ohio's. Ohio's is by far the most dull, boring, fill in your adjective.


Hmmm...Pitt, Marshall, Louisiana. I for one didn't find that boring. And Marshall and BC? Perhaps not scintillating but not boring.

As for Kent, the school is okay with dollars for slaughters.



I think he was talking about any given year as opposed to over a period of time. That said, starting in 2021 things look much much better.

Last Edited: 2/17/2020 8:12:07 PM by Alan Swank

Back to Top
  
Bobcat1996
General User

Member Since: 1/2/2017
Post Count: 408

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: MAC OOC games in 2020
   Posted: 2/17/2020 9:03:37 PM 
The home games with Iowa St in 2023 and Syracuse in 2021 are nice for fans, but they are not a good deal financially for Ohio. Home and Home deals with Syracuse and Iowa State will not bring in a pay day for the Bobcats. Don't be shocked if one of those Syracuse or Iowa State games get scratched. Those deals were negotiated by the former AD as was the Cincy game. The Bearcats shoved the Ohio game on the back burner and are now getting paid huge bucks to play at Notre Dame in 2021. Don't hold your breath on the Bearcats traveling to Athens any time soon. Playing at Illinois in 2025 will bring in over a million and the pay day at Nebraska in 2026 should be much larger than the Illinois game.
Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Austin, TX
Post Count: 5,447

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: MAC OOC games in 2020
   Posted: 2/18/2020 9:22:15 AM 
MonroeClassmate wrote:


Florida Atlantic (whoever they are)



Well they just won Conference USA two of the last three years, both 11 win teams. Probably would have beaten Ohio in one of those.
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 3,397

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: MAC OOC games in 2020
   Posted: 2/18/2020 10:28:19 AM 
Bobcat1996 wrote:
The home games with Iowa St in 2023 and Syracuse in 2021 are nice for fans, but they are not a good deal financially for Ohio. Home and Home deals with Syracuse and Iowa State will not bring in a pay day for the Bobcats. Don't be shocked if one of those Syracuse or Iowa State games get scratched. Those deals were negotiated by the former AD as was the Cincy game. The Bearcats shoved the Ohio game on the back burner and are now getting paid huge bucks to play at Notre Dame in 2021. Don't hold your breath on the Bearcats traveling to Athens any time soon. Playing at Illinois in 2025 will bring in over a million and the pay day at Nebraska in 2026 should be much larger than the Illinois game.


Those games are no worse than scheduling Texas State, Idaho, Louisiana, etc. We follow the same scheduling pattern every year: home game vs FCS, buy game at P5, two home/home vs G5/low P5 - one home and one away. We have buy games with Northwestern and Rutgers in 21/23 respectively.

Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: On US33 between Athens and Madison Co., OH
Post Count: 7,403

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: MAC OOC games in 2020
   Posted: 2/18/2020 12:50:47 PM 
Mike Johnson wrote:
When I look at attractiveness of OOC schedules, I look chiefly at home games. In that vein, I see us having Marshall as a very attractive OOC opponent. I see only 3 other MAC teams with a more attractive home OOC opponent.


The Marshall game is always an attractive game. Depending on how the conference schedule shapes up for Homecoming, it's probably the best Saturday game we'll get. Hopefully they don't schedule a noon kickoff for that one.
Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 6,830

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: MAC OOC games in 2020
   Posted: 2/18/2020 4:14:58 PM 
Bobcat1996 wrote:
The home games with Iowa St in 2023 and Syracuse in 2021 are nice for fans, but they are not a good deal financially for Ohio. Home and Home deals with Syracuse and Iowa State will not bring in a pay day for the Bobcats. Don't be shocked if one of those Syracuse or Iowa State games get scratched. Those deals were negotiated by the former AD as was the Cincy game. The Bearcats shoved the Ohio game on the back burner and are now getting paid huge bucks to play at Notre Dame in 2021. Don't hold your breath on the Bearcats traveling to Athens any time soon. Playing at Illinois in 2025 will bring in over a million and the pay day at Nebraska in 2026 should be much larger than the Illinois game.


Cincy does the same thing to just about everybody. It was something like 8 years between their home-and-home games vs O$U.


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: On US33 between Athens and Madison Co., OH
Post Count: 7,403

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: MAC OOC games in 2020
   Posted: 2/19/2020 9:55:30 AM 
Pataskala wrote:
Bobcat1996 wrote:
The home games with Iowa St in 2023 and Syracuse in 2021 are nice for fans, but they are not a good deal financially for Ohio. Home and Home deals with Syracuse and Iowa State will not bring in a pay day for the Bobcats. Don't be shocked if one of those Syracuse or Iowa State games get scratched. Those deals were negotiated by the former AD as was the Cincy game. The Bearcats shoved the Ohio game on the back burner and are now getting paid huge bucks to play at Notre Dame in 2021. Don't hold your breath on the Bearcats traveling to Athens any time soon. Playing at Illinois in 2025 will bring in over a million and the pay day at Nebraska in 2026 should be much larger than the Illinois game.


Cincy does the same thing to just about everybody. It was something like 8 years between their home-and-home games vs O$U.


That time between home and home games with OSU was driven by OSU, not UC.
Back to Top
  
Kinggeorge4
General User



Member Since: 12/22/2004
Location: Guysville, OH
Post Count: 763

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: MAC OOC games in 2020
   Posted: 2/19/2020 12:36:58 PM 
OU_Country wrote:
Nothing like NC Central, Boston College, and Texas State to get you excited! ;)


I feel the same way about Marshall. I sigh every time I see them on the schedule. Not interested at all.


GO BOBCATS
GEORGE

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 25  of 38 Posts
Jump to Page:  1 | 2    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Football' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



Copyright ©2020 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties