Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
General Ohio University Discussion/Alumni Events
Topic:  RE: Bobcats on the National news

Topic:  RE: Bobcats on the National news
Author
Message
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,065

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/18/2020 11:09:53 AM 
Just ironic that the older generations have a tendency to always bash/criticize younger generations for not being engaged. Yet when they become engaged the collective chorus is critical of the engagement, simply because they do not agree with it.

This shill of Alex Jones was going to make the University look like shit one way or another, she calls names, she recites Hitler's literature to Jewish students, she invokes emotion, all it takes is one person to challenger her then she has a profitable YouTube clip.

On another note, OUPD was called to Kent State when she and her band of open carry militia men marched on Kent State in 2018, and she did that just because she wanted too.

Last Edited: 2/18/2020 11:11:23 AM by BillyTheCat

Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 2,587

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/18/2020 12:52:10 PM 
Robert Fox wrote:

Recognize it for what it was: provocative and designed to get a big reaction so they could splash it all over the media. Given that, the response should have been a big collective yawn.

Instead, the students did exactly what this young lady hoped they would do.

Ever feel like your being pulled around by your nose?


This!

Up until this thread,I never heard of Kaitlin Bennett.
I'd venture to say,neither did most of the people in this area.

Not anymore,this story is all over the news.

Personally,I don't see her as anything more then an internet personality,trying
to expand her media footprint.
Us dinosaurs used to call people like her "publicity hounds".

What happened at O.U. yesterday accomplished that.

When I was at O.U. a Sociology Professor told us about how easy it was to use "mob mentality" to create a "riot".

He showed us pictures of a "riot" he and a group of friends started at O.S.U., just to prove their point.

He said he didn't even remember the "hook" they used to rile up the students.

Similar thing happened when I was at O.U.

A small snowball fight on the East Green escalated into several hundred students.
Then someone(s) started chanting "Get The Betas".
The whole group marched uptown and bombarded their house with snow and ice.

Don't know how far it would have gone if the police hadn't broken up the crowd with some type of chemical irritant.
Don't know if it was tear gas,pepper spray or something else.But it was effective.

Seems like this woman is well versed in these principals.
Unfortunately,the students didn't realize they were being "played".




Last Edited: 2/18/2020 12:59:01 PM by rpbobcat

Back to Top
  
Kevin Finnegan
General User

Member Since: 2/4/2005
Location: Rockton, IL
Post Count: 731

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/18/2020 12:58:29 PM 
How did those students all know who she was if she came unannounced? I can't imagine students are aware of who she is, especially by appearance. There had to be much more that occurred before the camera started filming.
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,065

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/18/2020 1:13:24 PM 
Kevin Finnegan wrote:
How did those students all know who she was if she came unannounced? I can't imagine students are aware of who she is, especially by appearance. There had to be much more that occurred before the camera started filming.


because she is quite well known by many, she arrived in a massive orange truck with a train horn, blew the hell out of the horn and made a grand entrance with her cameras asking questions. All it took was 1 person to recognize her and social media did the rest.

Remember, today's generation watches more youtube than they do boobtube, College kids know this woman.

Last Edited: 2/18/2020 1:14:29 PM by BillyTheCat

Back to Top
  
100%Cat
General User



Member Since: 1/17/2013
Post Count: 1,822

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/18/2020 2:42:41 PM 
I don't honestly remember a lot of my instructors here at Ohio. One, though, really sticks out. I was a local country kid, a near lifelong resident of Athens County. He was a black Muslim from the Bronx, and I had his course shortly after 9/11. He and I couldn't have been much more different or taken a more different life path to end up at Ohio University. There was always a line he would use in class that I will take with me for my entire life and pass on to my child: "You can disagree without being disagreeable." In his class, it was ok to have a difference of opinion, as long as you could defend it. And you had better be prepared to defend it...in a civilized manner. Watching video of what went down here yesterday, I see a lot of people who could use some Dr. Muhammed in their lives. Sadly, Najee is no longer with us. I miss his "fireside chats" in his office and seeing him on the golf course. He was an impactful figure in my life, and not one I expected.

You can disagree without being disagreeable.

Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 10,616

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/18/2020 2:50:34 PM 
100%Cat wrote:
I don't honestly remember a lot of my instructors here at Ohio. One, though, really sticks out. I was a local country kid, a near lifelong resident of Athens County. He was a black Muslim from the Bronx, and I had his course shortly after 9/11. He and I couldn't have been much more different or taken a more different life path to end up at Ohio University. There was always a line he would use in class that I will take with me for my entire life and pass on to my child: "You can disagree without being disagreeable." In his class, it was ok to have a difference of opinion, as long as you could defend it. And you had better be prepared to defend it...in a civilized manner. Watching video of what went down here yesterday, I see a lot of people who could use some Dr. Muhammed in their lives. Sadly, Najee is no longer with us. I miss his "fireside chats" in his office and seeing him on the golf course. He was an impactful figure in my life, and not one I expected.

You can disagree without being disagreeable.



Was he the husband of Robin Mohammed, who is now the head of African-American studies? She's a very nice person, who I've interacted with on several occasions.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
100%Cat
General User



Member Since: 1/17/2013
Post Count: 1,822

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/18/2020 2:53:32 PM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
100%Cat wrote:
I don't honestly remember a lot of my instructors here at Ohio. One, though, really sticks out. I was a local country kid, a near lifelong resident of Athens County. He was a black Muslim from the Bronx, and I had his course shortly after 9/11. He and I couldn't have been much more different or taken a more different life path to end up at Ohio University. There was always a line he would use in class that I will take with me for my entire life and pass on to my child: "You can disagree without being disagreeable." In his class, it was ok to have a difference of opinion, as long as you could defend it. And you had better be prepared to defend it...in a civilized manner. Watching video of what went down here yesterday, I see a lot of people who could use some Dr. Muhammed in their lives. Sadly, Najee is no longer with us. I miss his "fireside chats" in his office and seeing him on the golf course. He was an impactful figure in my life, and not one I expected.

You can disagree without being disagreeable.



Was he the husband of Robin Mohammed, who is now the head of African-American studies? She's a very nice person, who I've interacted with on several occasions.


Yes, he was married to Robin.
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 10,616

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/18/2020 2:56:35 PM 
100%Cat wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
100%Cat wrote:
I don't honestly remember a lot of my instructors here at Ohio. One, though, really sticks out. I was a local country kid, a near lifelong resident of Athens County. He was a black Muslim from the Bronx, and I had his course shortly after 9/11. He and I couldn't have been much more different or taken a more different life path to end up at Ohio University. There was always a line he would use in class that I will take with me for my entire life and pass on to my child: "You can disagree without being disagreeable." In his class, it was ok to have a difference of opinion, as long as you could defend it. And you had better be prepared to defend it...in a civilized manner. Watching video of what went down here yesterday, I see a lot of people who could use some Dr. Muhammed in their lives. Sadly, Najee is no longer with us. I miss his "fireside chats" in his office and seeing him on the golf course. He was an impactful figure in my life, and not one I expected.

You can disagree without being disagreeable.



Was he the husband of Robin Mohammed, who is now the head of African-American studies? She's a very nice person, who I've interacted with on several occasions.


Yes, he was married to Robin.


Thanks, I never met her husband. Sounds like they very much have the same outlook on these matters. Though I've never heard her use that quote, I could easily hear her saying that you can disagree without being disagreeable.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
Jim Bob
General User

Member Since: 2/2/2006
Post Count: 53

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/18/2020 3:57:46 PM 
I think they should invite her to a basketball game. Looks like it would drastically improve attendance
Back to Top
  
SBH
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 2,326

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/18/2020 4:33:46 PM 
genessee wrote:
After watching a few more videos, I'm revising my earlier comment. This wasn't "a little' embarrassing, this was a huge embarrassment. What on earth has OU become? These students were like a bunch of crazed lunatics. No character at all. Pathetic.

Also, nobody is arguing that the kids don't have free speech rights. What I'm arguing is that when they practice them they shouldn't act like imbeciles. Par for the new course at OU apparently. I would never send my kid there. I'd caution my students against it as well.


Then please go away. And take your red hat, and guns, with you.
Back to Top
  
cbus cat fan
General User

Member Since: 12/2/2011
Post Count: 906

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/18/2020 5:20:43 PM 
SBH wrote:
genessee wrote:
After watching a few more videos, I'm revising my earlier comment. This wasn't "a little' embarrassing, this was a huge embarrassment. What on earth has OU become? These students were like a bunch of crazed lunatics. No character at all. Pathetic.

Also, nobody is arguing that the kids don't have free speech rights. What I'm arguing is that when they practice them they shouldn't act like imbeciles. Par for the new course at OU apparently. I would never send my kid there. I'd caution my students against it as well.


Then please go away. And take your red hat, and guns, with you.


The hypocrisy of a thread like this does become quite humorous. Can you imagine if a single student carried a sign demanding the word "religion" be removed from the campus gate and also demanding the university divest from any "non-green" energy companies. Now imagine that same student being surrounded by angry, shouting conservative students on campus. There would be an outcry in the mainstream media, as well as some on those on this board about hostile right-wing Trump supporters frightening a lone protester. Perhaps those Bernie sympathizers demanding anyone with an opposing opinion go away might want to focus on the task at hand, Money Bags Bloomberg.
Back to Top
  
Robert Fox
General User

Member Since: 11/16/2004
Location: Knoxville, TN
Post Count: 2,011

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/18/2020 5:29:08 PM 
SBH wrote:
genessee wrote:
After watching a few more videos, I'm revising my earlier comment. This wasn't "a little' embarrassing, this was a huge embarrassment. What on earth has OU become? These students were like a bunch of crazed lunatics. No character at all. Pathetic.

Also, nobody is arguing that the kids don't have free speech rights. What I'm arguing is that when they practice them they shouldn't act like imbeciles. Par for the new course at OU apparently. I would never send my kid there. I'd caution my students against it as well.


Then please go away. And take your red hat, and guns, with you.


You can hang out with me, genessee. You're only one letter off.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 1,403

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/18/2020 5:39:24 PM 
cbus cat fan wrote:

The hypocrisy of a thread like this does become quite humorous. Can you imagine if a single student carried a sign demanding the word "religion" be removed from the campus gate and also demanding the university divest from any "non-green" energy companies. Now imagine that same student being surrounded by angry, shouting conservative students on campus. There would be an outcry in the mainstream media, as well as some on those on this board about hostile right-wing Trump supporters frightening a lone protester. Perhaps those Bernie sympathizers demanding anyone with an opposing opinion go away might want to focus on the task at hand, Money Bags Bloomberg.


Kaitlyn Bennett is an asshole. She exists to create controversy. She incites angry responses and then tries to make the case that the anger she incites is representative of everybody on the other side. There are plenty of good reasons to dislike her that have nothing to do with her political views, and assuming that everybody in that video is a "Bernie sympathizer" misses the point. There has been violence against protesters at Trump rallies. Is that representative of how all conservatives feel about free speech? Of course not.

But that's how folks like Katelyn Bennet operate. They want to boil down discourse to it's lowest common denominator and tries to make it as simple as "us good, them bad." A whole buncha people here fell for it.

She represents the absolute worst in our political discourse and as Robert Fox astutely pointed out, convinced a bunch of OU students into stooping to her level. Everybody here should be ashamed of their behavior, for different reasons.

Last Edited: 2/18/2020 5:44:19 PM by Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame

Back to Top
  
cbus cat fan
General User

Member Since: 12/2/2011
Post Count: 906

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/18/2020 6:02:03 PM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
cbus cat fan wrote:

The hypocrisy of a thread like this does become quite humorous. Can you imagine if a single student carried a sign demanding the word "religion" be removed from the campus gate and also demanding the university divest from any "non-green" energy companies. Now imagine that same student being surrounded by angry, shouting conservative students on campus. There would be an outcry in the mainstream media, as well as some on those on this board about hostile right-wing Trump supporters frightening a lone protester. Perhaps those Bernie sympathizers demanding anyone with an opposing opinion go away might want to focus on the task at hand, Money Bags Bloomberg.


Kaitlyn Bennett is an asshole. She exists to create controversy. She incites angry responses and then tries to make the case that the anger she incites is representative of everybody on the other side. There are plenty of good reasons to dislike her that have nothing to do with her political views, and assuming that everybody in that video is a "Bernie sympathizer" misses the point. There has been violence against protesters at Trump rallies. Is that representative of how all conservatives feel about free speech? Of course not.

But that's how folks like Katelyn Bennet operate. They want to boil down discourse to it's lowest common denominator and tries to make it as simple as "us good, them bad." A whole buncha people here fell for it.

She represents the absolute worst in our political discourse and as Robert Fox astutely pointed out, convinced a bunch of OU students into stooping to her level. Everybody here should be ashamed of their behavior, for different reasons.

There has been violence against protesters at Trump rallies. Is that representative of how all conservatives feel about free speech?



Bobcat love's Sense of Shame, you are a treasure and a gift to us conservatives. Your stretching of the facts is something to behold. Anti- Trump protesters being attacked at Trump Rallies? Huh? Do you remember when President Obama had to intervene in the summer of 2016 when so many Trump supporters were getting attacked by left wing radicals in the parking lots after leaving Trump rallies? Some real brave leftists they were, beating up old men and scaring women and children.

I didn't see anyone on here defending the young woman for trying to cause a ruckus. The smart thing would be do to say your peace and move along to your destination. Yet, we had a bunch of kids trying to get their 10 minutes of fame as well as well, all the while being somewhat profane.

I was recently at the Lincoln Memorial in DC. There was a large group of veterans near us. Sadly, some left wing loon was carrying around an anti- Trump sign trying to interfere with a solemn place. Many people quietly told him that this was not appropriate. There wasn't a throng of angry men threatening this protester. They moved along to other destinations.

One interesting tid bit I noticed were the large number teenagers buying MAGA hats in DC. I asked two vendors, an elderly African American gentleman and a younger Latino woman if this was unusual? They both told me they get a lot of that with school groups, and it doesn't always make their teachers happy, but the elderly gentleman confided in me that the MAGA hats were the hottest thing he sold since Obama hats in the early days of President Obama's first term. Just a little anecdotal info for you.

Last Edited: 2/18/2020 6:05:58 PM by cbus cat fan

Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 1,403

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/18/2020 6:46:15 PM 
cbus cat fan wrote:

Bobcat love's Sense of Shame, you are a treasure and a gift to us conservatives. Your stretching of the facts is something to behold. Anti- Trump protesters being attacked at Trump Rallies? Huh? Do you remember when President Obama had to intervene in the summer of 2016 when so many Trump supporters were getting attacked by left wing radicals in the parking lots after leaving Trump rallies? Some real brave leftists they were, beating up old men and scaring women and children.


My post was literally about how this shit happens on both sides, and you accuse me off stretching facts? Is your stance that no protesters have ever been harassed or attacked at a Trump rally? Do me a favor and give that a quick Google and get back to me. There's video and everything.

Edit: here's video of a protester peacefully leaving a Trump rally and being sucker punched: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZPUW3B6h6g

Literally all I tried to do was point to a very well publicized example of this behavior from the be other side as a means of showing that bad behavior of a few shouldn't be used to condemn the whole.

What point are you trying to make? That this doesn't happen on both sides?

cbus cat fan wrote:

I didn't see anyone on here defending the young woman for trying to cause a ruckus. The smart thing would be do to say your peace and move along to your destination. Yet, we had a bunch of kids trying to get their 10 minutes of fame as well as well, all the while being somewhat profane.


Yeah, agreed. You know, just like I said in my last post, where I very clearly said that everybody here should be ashamed of their behavior.

Meanwhile, you and others are here having the exact conversation Katelyn Bennett wants you to have. Lining up to defend your side and trying to pass the anger of a few off as representative of the whole. Is that helpful in any way?

I'm condemning the behavior of both groups. What exactly are you arguing with?

cbus cat fan wrote:

I was recently at the Lincoln Memorial in DC. There was a large group of veterans near us. Sadly, some left wing loon was carrying around an anti- Trump sign trying to interfere with a solemn place. Many people quietly told him that this was not appropriate. There wasn't a throng of angry men threatening this protester. They moved along to other destinations.


Cool. That's the behavior I am advocating here, as well. The difference between us is that I'm not naive enough to believe that there aren't any zealots with the same political views as me, while you think stating that protesters were harassed and attacked at Trump rallies is "stretching the truth" and have decided to present the fact that nobody at the Jefferson Memorial yelled at a protestor is somehow evidence of anything at all.


Last Edited: 2/18/2020 7:04:15 PM by Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,065

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/18/2020 6:53:33 PM 
100%Cat wrote:
I don't honestly remember a lot of my instructors here at Ohio. One, though, really sticks out. I was a local country kid, a near lifelong resident of Athens County. He was a black Muslim from the Bronx, and I had his course shortly after 9/11. He and I couldn't have been much more different or taken a more different life path to end up at Ohio University. There was always a line he would use in class that I will take with me for my entire life and pass on to my child: "You can disagree without being disagreeable." In his class, it was ok to have a difference of opinion, as long as you could defend it. And you had better be prepared to defend it...in a civilized manner. Watching video of what went down here yesterday, I see a lot of people who could use some Dr. Muhammed in their lives. Sadly, Najee is no longer with us. I miss his "fireside chats" in his office and seeing him on the golf course. He was an impactful figure in my life, and not one I expected.

You can disagree without being disagreeable.



Najee was a great person, and heís right, however there are time you must stand up for what you believe in. This was a peaceful display of the 1st Amendment, yes a couple idiots tossed water and yelled four letter words, but no physical harm was threatened. OUPD who has proven to be proactive in this type of situation was present and well behaved allowing a great display of the right to assemble. Ms. Bennett was not forced to leave, she chose her platform and was also allowed to assemble.
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,065

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/18/2020 7:04:22 PM 
SBH wrote:
genessee wrote:
After watching a few more videos, I'm revising my earlier comment. This wasn't "a little' embarrassing, this was a huge embarrassment. What on earth has OU become? These students were like a bunch of crazed lunatics. No character at all. Pathetic.

Also, nobody is arguing that the kids don't have free speech rights. What I'm arguing is that when they practice them they shouldn't act like imbeciles. Par for the new course at OU apparently. I would never send my kid there. I'd caution my students against it as well.


Then please go away. And take your red hat, and guns, with you.


+1

How were they imbeciles? For standing up for something they believe in? For exercising their rights? If youíve not seen this clown or the group she does these stunts for she was going to make OHIO look stupid. I applaud these students, the same way I applauded them when they made it clear Milo was not welcome. The message of hate and ignorance has no place. She chose to publicly express her 1st amendment right, just like Westboro Baptist did, however other just expressed their views louder. And yes, I recognize the right of Westboro Baptist Church to protest at or near furneral of soldiers, itís their right. However others have the right to make them miserable in the process.
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,065

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/18/2020 7:07:07 PM 
cbus cat fan wrote:
SBH wrote:
genessee wrote:
After watching a few more videos, I'm revising my earlier comment. This wasn't "a little' embarrassing, this was a huge embarrassment. What on earth has OU become? These students were like a bunch of crazed lunatics. No character at all. Pathetic.

Also, nobody is arguing that the kids don't have free speech rights. What I'm arguing is that when they practice them they shouldn't act like imbeciles. Par for the new course at OU apparently. I would never send my kid there. I'd caution my students against it as well.


Then please go away. And take your red hat, and guns, with you.


The hypocrisy of a thread like this does become quite humorous. Can you imagine if a single student carried a sign demanding the word "religion" be removed from the campus gate and also demanding the university divest from any "non-green" energy companies. Now imagine that same student being surrounded by angry, shouting conservative students on campus. There would be an outcry in the mainstream media, as well as some on those on this board about hostile right-wing Trump supporters frightening a lone protester. Perhaps those Bernie sympathizers demanding anyone with an opposing opinion go away might want to focus on the task at hand, Money Bags Bloomberg.


LMFAO, not from this poster, Iíd still recognize their right to speak and choose to assemble. Funny, I see some of these same people who more than likely heckled Brother Jed back in the day, but that was ok in their mind.
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,065

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/18/2020 7:12:54 PM 
cbus cat fan wrote:
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
cbus cat fan wrote:

The hypocrisy of a thread like this does become quite humorous. Can you imagine if a single student carried a sign demanding the word "religion" be removed from the campus gate and also demanding the university divest from any "non-green" energy companies. Now imagine that same student being surrounded by angry, shouting conservative students on campus. There would be an outcry in the mainstream media, as well as some on those on this board about hostile right-wing Trump supporters frightening a lone protester. Perhaps those Bernie sympathizers demanding anyone with an opposing opinion go away might want to focus on the task at hand, Money Bags Bloomberg.


Kaitlyn Bennett is an asshole. She exists to create controversy. She incites angry responses and then tries to make the case that the anger she incites is representative of everybody on the other side. There are plenty of good reasons to dislike her that have nothing to do with her political views, and assuming that everybody in that video is a "Bernie sympathizer" misses the point. There has been violence against protesters at Trump rallies. Is that representative of how all conservatives feel about free speech? Of course not.

But that's how folks like Katelyn Bennet operate. They want to boil down discourse to it's lowest common denominator and tries to make it as simple as "us good, them bad." A whole buncha people here fell for it.

She represents the absolute worst in our political discourse and as Robert Fox astutely pointed out, convinced a bunch of OU students into stooping to her level. Everybody here should be ashamed of their behavior, for different reasons.

There has been violence against protesters at Trump rallies. Is that representative of how all conservatives feel about free speech?



Bobcat love's Sense of Shame, you are a treasure and a gift to us conservatives. Your stretching of the facts is something to behold. Anti- Trump protesters being attacked at Trump Rallies? Huh? Do you remember when President Obama had to intervene in the summer of 2016 when so many Trump supporters were getting attacked by left wing radicals in the parking lots after leaving Trump rallies? Some real brave leftists they were, beating up old men and scaring women and children.

I didn't see anyone on here defending the young woman for trying to cause a ruckus. The smart thing would be do to say your peace and move along to your destination. Yet, we had a bunch of kids trying to get their 10 minutes of fame as well as well, all the while being somewhat profane.

I was recently at the Lincoln Memorial in DC. There was a large group of veterans near us. Sadly, some left wing loon was carrying around an anti- Trump sign trying to interfere with a solemn place. Many people quietly told him that this was not appropriate. There wasn't a throng of angry men threatening this protester. They moved along to other destinations.

One interesting tid bit I noticed were the large number teenagers buying MAGA hats in DC. I asked two vendors, an elderly African American gentleman and a younger Latino woman if this was unusual? They both told me they get a lot of that with school groups, and it doesn't always make their teachers happy, but the elderly gentleman confided in me that the MAGA hats were the hottest thing he sold since Obama hats in the early days of President Obama's first term. Just a little anecdotal info for you.


First off on multiple occasions Iíve defended her right to come to campus and cause a ruckus, I also laugh at her snowflake mentality.

The fact you really believe Trump is a conservative is laughable? How is he a conservative? His fiscal policy is a wreck, his job growth number pale in comparison to Obamaís, heís not religious in any way. Heís a grafter!

Last Edited: 2/18/2020 7:15:11 PM by BillyTheCat

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,065

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/18/2020 7:17:14 PM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
cbus cat fan wrote:

Bobcat love's Sense of Shame, you are a treasure and a gift to us conservatives. Your stretching of the facts is something to behold. Anti- Trump protesters being attacked at Trump Rallies? Huh? Do you remember when President Obama had to intervene in the summer of 2016 when so many Trump supporters were getting attacked by left wing radicals in the parking lots after leaving Trump rallies? Some real brave leftists they were, beating up old men and scaring women and children.


My post was literally about how this shit happens on both sides, and you accuse me off stretching facts? Is your stance that no protesters have ever been harassed or attacked at a Trump rally? Do me a favor and give that a quick Google and get back to me. There's video and everything.

Edit: here's video of a protester peacefully leaving a Trump rally and being sucker punched: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZPUW3B6h6g

Literally all I tried to do was point to a very well publicized example of this behavior from the be other side as a means of showing that bad behavior of a few shouldn't be used to condemn the whole.

What point are you trying to make? That this doesn't happen on both sides?

cbus cat fan wrote:

I didn't see anyone on here defending the young woman for trying to cause a ruckus. The smart thing would be do to say your peace and move along to your destination. Yet, we had a bunch of kids trying to get their 10 minutes of fame as well as well, all the while being somewhat profane.


Yeah, agreed. You know, just like I said in my last post, where I very clearly said that everybody here should be ashamed of their behavior.

Meanwhile, you and others are here having the exact conversation Katelyn Bennett wants you to have. Lining up to defend your side and trying to pass the anger of a few off as representative of the whole. Is that helpful in any way?

I'm condemning the behavior of both groups. What exactly are you arguing with?

cbus cat fan wrote:

I was recently at the Lincoln Memorial in DC. There was a large group of veterans near us. Sadly, some left wing loon was carrying around an anti- Trump sign trying to interfere with a solemn place. Many people quietly told him that this was not appropriate. There wasn't a throng of angry men threatening this protester. They moved along to other destinations.


Cool. That's the behavior I am advocating here, as well. The difference between us is that I'm not naive enough to believe that there aren't any zealots with the same political views as me, while you think stating that protesters were harassed and attacked at Trump rallies is "stretching the truth" and have decided to present the fact that nobody at the Jefferson Memorial yelled at a protestor is somehow evidence of anything at all.




BOOM 100%
Back to Top
  
Deciduous Forest Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Ohio
Post Count: 3,663

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/18/2020 9:18:04 PM 
When someone shows up with an automatic weapon in a public place, they deserve scorn and derision. Being shouted out of town is about the nicest reaction they deserve, but frankly, they should be outcast. They represent the worst of America and trump's America. trump is garbage and his gun nut followers are pathetic losers. How about not wasting your life and taking up a cause that might actually benefit society?
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,065

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/18/2020 9:54:21 PM 
Deciduous Forest Cat wrote:
When someone shows up with an automatic weapon in a public place, they deserve scorn and derision. Being shouted out of town is about the nicest reaction they deserve, but frankly, they should be outcast. They represent the worst of America and trump's America. trump is garbage and his gun nut followers are pathetic losers. How about not wasting your life and taking up a cause that might actually benefit society?


+100
Back to Top
  
cbus cat fan
General User

Member Since: 12/2/2011
Post Count: 906

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/18/2020 10:22:10 PM 
Billy my apologies, I said Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame's posts were a gift to us conservatives. I truly forgot (as least tried to) how pompous your posts could be. I mean you had 5 in a row, who does that? You should join Mayor Bloomberg's staff, he'd think you were a chip off the old block! I know your heart's with Bernie, buy hey your fellow liberals are selling out to Bloomberg one after another. It might be a big payday for you!

Last Edited: 2/18/2020 10:24:55 PM by cbus cat fan

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,065

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/18/2020 10:28:57 PM 
cbus cat fan wrote:
Billy my apologies, I said Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame's posts were a gift to us conservatives. I truly forgot (as least tried to) how pompous your posts could be. I mean you had 5 in a row, who does that? You should join Mayor Bloomberg's staff, he'd think you were a chip off the old block! I know your heart's with Bernie, buy hey your fellow liberals are selling out to Bloomberg one after another. It might be a big payday for you!


LOL, registered GOP voter since 1987, nice try though.
Back to Top
  
cbus cat fan
General User

Member Since: 12/2/2011
Post Count: 906

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/18/2020 10:46:48 PM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
cbus cat fan wrote:
Billy my apologies, I said Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame's posts were a gift to us conservatives. I truly forgot (as least tried to) how pompous your posts could be. I mean you had 5 in a row, who does that? You should join Mayor Bloomberg's staff, he'd think you were a chip off the old block! I know your heart's with Bernie, buy hey your fellow liberals are selling out to Bloomberg one after another. It might be a big payday for you!


LOL, registered GOP voter since 1987, nice try though.


Kinda like Bernie claiming he's a Democrat, but is really a Socialist. Playing the Agent Provocateur card since 1987. How can we conservatives ever survive against the cunning intellect of Wile E. Coyote (Billy the Cat) Super Genius!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STeVTzWelns
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  26 - 50  of 111 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5    Next >
View Other 'General Ohio University Discussion/Alumni Events' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



Copyright ©2020 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties