Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  RE: Official Game 16 Thread: Miami (OH)

Topic:  RE: Official Game 16 Thread: Miami (OH)
Author
Message
cbarber357
General User

Member Since: 9/9/2012
Location: Pickerington, OH
Post Count: 665

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 16 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 1/18/2022 8:38:25 PM 
Cats5 wrote:
Granger is in


Iím not super versed in the redshirting rules, how much can you play without giving that up?
Back to Top
  
Cats5
General User

Member Since: 6/14/2017
Post Count: 577

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 16 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 1/18/2022 8:39:52 PM 
cbarber357 wrote:
Cats5 wrote:
Granger is in


Iím not super versed in the redshirting rules, how much can you play without giving that up?


I believe for basketball, it goes off a certain percentage but donít fact check me
Back to Top
  
Cats5
General User

Member Since: 6/14/2017
Post Count: 577

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 16 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 1/18/2022 8:42:26 PM 
Frazier is in
Back to Top
  
JSF
General User



Member Since: 1/29/2005
Location: Houston, TX
Post Count: 6,070

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 16 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 1/18/2022 8:46:33 PM 
cbarber357 wrote:
Cats5 wrote:
Granger is in


Iím not super versed in the redshirting rules, how much can you play without giving that up?


https://www.si.com/college/tmg/mark-blaudschun/college-ba...


"Loyalty to a hometown or city is fleeting and interchangeable, but college is a stamp of identity."- Kyle Whelliston, One Beautiful Season.

My blog about depression and mental illness: https://bit.ly/3buGXH8

Back to Top
  
cbarber357
General User

Member Since: 9/9/2012
Location: Pickerington, OH
Post Count: 665

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 16 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 1/18/2022 8:51:48 PM 
JSF wrote:
cbarber357 wrote:
Cats5 wrote:
Granger is in


Iím not super versed in the redshirting rules, how much can you play without giving that up?


https://www.si.com/college/tmg/mark-blaudschun/college-ba...


This is still confusing? What determines if itís 6 or 8? If you go to the postseason?
Back to Top
  
Cats5
General User

Member Since: 6/14/2017
Post Count: 577

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 16 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 1/18/2022 8:52:44 PM 
First complete game all year
Back to Top
  
brucecuth
General User

Member Since: 12/21/2004
Post Count: 1,706

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 16 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 1/18/2022 8:53:11 PM 
We mucked Fiami real good.
Back to Top
  
JSF
General User



Member Since: 1/29/2005
Location: Houston, TX
Post Count: 6,070

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 16 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 1/18/2022 8:54:50 PM 
cbarber357 wrote:
JSF wrote:
cbarber357 wrote:
Cats5 wrote:
Granger is in


Iím not super versed in the redshirting rules, how much can you play without giving that up?


https://www.si.com/college/tmg/mark-blaudschun/college-ba...


This is still confusing? What determines if itís 6 or 8? If you go to the postseason?


It's probably a percentage, so yeah, postseason would change things.


"Loyalty to a hometown or city is fleeting and interchangeable, but college is a stamp of identity."- Kyle Whelliston, One Beautiful Season.

My blog about depression and mental illness: https://bit.ly/3buGXH8

Back to Top
  
RSBobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/22/2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 4,215

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 16 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 1/18/2022 9:14:26 PM 
Cats5 wrote:
First complete game all year


Agree - Continuous improvement - And that's significant on the road....

This was a real Team effort and Win!


RS Bobcat

Back to Top
  
sargentfan
General User

Member Since: 3/16/2005
Post Count: 909

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 16 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 1/18/2022 10:08:09 PM 
I hope no one took that under total score bet that was discussed earlier lol
Back to Top
  
ohio9704
General User

Member Since: 2/11/2006
Post Count: 1,444

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 16 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 1/18/2022 10:29:07 PM 
What was the story with no Ezumah tonight?
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 4,790

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 16 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 1/18/2022 10:31:39 PM 
ohio9704 wrote:
What was the story with no Ezumah tonight?


Both he and Olumide in Covid protocol.
Back to Top
  
ohio9704
General User

Member Since: 2/11/2006
Post Count: 1,444

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 16 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 1/18/2022 10:32:39 PM 
shabamon wrote:
ohio9704 wrote:
What was the story with no Ezumah tonight?


Both he and Olumide in Covid protocol.


Thanks!


Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,817

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 16 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 1/18/2022 10:36:30 PM 
shabamon wrote:
ohio9704 wrote:
What was the story with no Ezumah tonight?


Both he and Olumide in Covid protocol.


To me that was the only bummer tonight. IJ wouldíve gotten a nice 10 minute run in this game. It just seems like he canít buy a break between Covid and mono to start the season.




#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 4,790

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 16 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 1/18/2022 10:44:15 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
shabamon wrote:
ohio9704 wrote:
What was the story with no Ezumah tonight?


Both he and Olumide in Covid protocol.


To me that was the only bummer tonight. IJ wouldíve gotten a nice 10 minute run in this game. It just seems like he canít buy a break between Covid and mono to start the season.





And he'd have had a decent night. Miami had no inside game.

Good to take in the first no-doubter of the season. The first half was as great as we've every played under Boals. Disruptive on defense, pushing in transition more often than we do, and WIIIIIIDE open looks from everywhere.

I thought Miami might be turning a corner, but it's year five under Owens with a veteran squad and the program is just on a low simmer. They and Ball State need to make a change.
Back to Top
  
MonroeClassmate
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2010
Post Count: 1,575

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 16 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 1/18/2022 11:24:48 PM 
sargentfan wrote:
I hope no one took that under total score bet that was discussed earlier lol


I got the defensive part right and if the refs would have stopped blowing the whistle the last two minutes when both teams in the double bonus it may have been close!

But that's why I am not a betting man.

I would also have bet that the Cats don't win that big without Roderick seeing double figures!
Back to Top
  
berniebobcat
General User

Member Since: 11/23/2010
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Post Count: 219

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 16 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 1/18/2022 11:31:24 PM 
Can someone explain the pregame betting line Ohio -1? Some sites had Miami favored.
Back to Top
  
Jeff McKinney
Moderator

Member Since: 11/12/2004
Post Count: 5,730

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 16 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 1/19/2022 12:24:02 AM 
Clearly this was the best overall performance of the season for the Bobcats. I was there and you could see the determination and focus an hour before the game in the demeanor of the players. Congratulations on a great game, Cats!
Back to Top
  
The Optimist
General User



Member Since: 3/16/2007
Location: CLE
Post Count: 5,409

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 16 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 1/19/2022 1:48:25 AM 
berniebobcat wrote:
Can someone explain the pregame betting line Ohio -1? Some sites had Miami favored.


My only regret is that I didn't bet more.


I've seen crazier things happen.

Back to Top
  
LuckySparrow
General User



Member Since: 10/15/2012
Location: Illinois
Post Count: 1,432

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 16 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 1/19/2022 8:13:01 AM 
Ohio -1 was the easiest bet I've made in my entire life. No joke.


What a day at the Convo.....Wow!

Back to Top
  
Andrew Ruck
General User



Member Since: 12/22/2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 3,850

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 16 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 1/19/2022 8:24:53 AM 
I think we were all very pleased with the record but a little uncomfortable with the amount of close wins and lack of blowouts. So this feels good. Blowouts matter and really drum up excitement and respect. Watching 35 minutes of it looking like these 2 teams couldn't possibly be in the same division of NCAA basketball let alone the same conference is great fun for all.

Man when BVP has it from deep his runs are truly amazing. When he is draining them they are absolutely middle of the net. So crazy how it just comes and goes in bunches for him. I sure hope we get one of those magical spurts at the right time in March. He had 4 steals and a block on defense, he was just locked in. 5 for 5 from 2!

We need more of that Mark Sears. Still making incredible buckets in the paint and getting to the line, but lots of really good passes. Career high 9 assists and only 1 turnover! That is what he needs to elevate his game.

JC continued tremendous defense and lots of good takes. Brown & Roderick solid.

What a great night from Sam Towns. He had a coast to coast bucket that really took me by surprise. He has a lot better handles than you'd expect. Lots of offensive boards. Still a little Reggie Keely-esque butterfingers but hopefully that improves with experience like it did for Reggie.

The final 5 with the bench emptied wasn't pretty. I understand it is a tough spot to have an entire team come in cold with almost no experience to that point. Granger looked particularly rough. Frazier needs to hit the weight room.

But overall, the bench trio of Clayton/Towns/Schmock is as good as we could have possibly hoped for at this point.

I believe that makes 18-3 in the last 21 against Miami. Damn.


Andrew Ruck
B.B.A. 2003

Back to Top
  
71 BOBCAT
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 1,684

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 16 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 1/19/2022 8:34:35 AM 
Hey Lucky Sparrow...Did you bet the house?




GO BOBCATS
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,817

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 16 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 1/19/2022 8:46:06 AM 
Andrew Ruck wrote:
I think we were all very pleased with the record but a little uncomfortable with the amount of close wins and lack of blowouts. So this feels good. Blowouts matter and really drum up excitement and respect. Watching 35 minutes of it looking like these 2 teams couldn't possibly be in the same division of NCAA basketball let alone the same conference is great fun for all.

Man when BVP has it from deep his runs are truly amazing. When he is draining them they are absolutely middle of the net. So crazy how it just comes and goes in bunches for him. I sure hope we get one of those magical spurts at the right time in March. He had 4 steals and a block on defense, he was just locked in. 5 for 5 from 2!

We need more of that Mark Sears. Still making incredible buckets in the paint and getting to the line, but lots of really good passes. Career high 9 assists and only 1 turnover! That is what he needs to elevate his game.

JC continued tremendous defense and lots of good takes. Brown & Roderick solid.

What a great night from Sam Towns. He had a coast to coast bucket that really took me by surprise. He has a lot better handles than you'd expect. Lots of offensive boards. Still a little Reggie Keely-esque butterfingers but hopefully that improves with experience like it did for Reggie.

The final 5 with the bench emptied wasn't pretty. I understand it is a tough spot to have an entire team come in cold with almost no experience to that point. Granger looked particularly rough. Frazier needs to hit the weight room.

But overall, the bench trio of Clayton/Towns/Schmock is as good as we could have possibly hoped for at this point.

I believe that makes 18-3 in the last 21 against Miami. Damn.


Great recap. I would not read anything into the last five minutes of the game. My god there were three walk-one in the game for Ohio at that point. You have to give Frazier time. The guy has not played organized basketball in over a year. You cannot judge anything with him off last nights game. And yes, I am sure he will add weight.




#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
SBH
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,082

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 16 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 1/19/2022 10:27:58 AM 
I really don't remember Reggie Keely having butter fingers, but maybe.

I liked what Towns brought mid-game but felt he got a little selfish late in the contest.

It'll be fun to watch Frazier develop. He seemed to be confident out there.

Miami's coach seemed lost on the sideline.

Back to Top
  
OUVan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Bethesda, MD
Post Count: 5,543

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 16 Thread: Miami (OH)
   Posted: 1/19/2022 11:04:27 AM 
OUVan wrote:
Eagle66 wrote:
The Miami message board has moved to https://miamihawktalk.fans /


Interesting thread about firing Jack Owens that devolves into whether they should drop basketball.


After watching them last night I think both are good options. They had no plan to attack our defense. If I didn't know better I would have guessed that they didn't watch film on us at all.
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  51 - 75  of 81 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2022 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties