Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  RE: Ohio Women's Basketball 2021-22

Topic:  RE: Ohio Women's Basketball 2021-22
Author
Message
100%Cat
General User



Member Since: 1/17/2013
Post Count: 2,111

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Ohio Women's Basketball 2021-22
   Posted: 12/21/2021 4:37:29 PM 
So does anyone know how close Cece is to breaking the Ohio scoring record? I saw where she overcame Mast in made FG's, but I'm not sure how close she is to the all time Ohio scoring record.
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 4,790

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Ohio Women's Basketball 2021-22
   Posted: 12/21/2021 4:54:03 PM 
She is 80 points away.
Back to Top
  
Victory
General User

Member Since: 3/10/2012
Post Count: 1,192

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Ohio Women's Basketball 2021-22
   Posted: 12/21/2021 4:58:57 PM 
100%Cat wrote:
So does anyone know how close Cece is to breaking the Ohio scoring record? I saw where she overcame Mast in made FG's, but I'm not sure how close she is to the all time Ohio scoring record.


According to ESPN Hooks is at 2369. According to her Ohio HoF page Mast had 2449. Jan 8 vs Buffalo and Jan 12 vs NIU are home game. Though is she goes off in the first three conference games she could catch her at Akron on Jan 5. She would need to average 27.

I figure that she is somewhere around 15th on the all time Divsion 1 steals list right now. Pages on women's basketball career leaders are not always well maintained and given that this year, and over the next few, more career records will be broken by those players lucky enough to play nearly 5 full seasons worth of games so I don't know who else is currently storming up the list. She might finish as high as #4 if she has a good year and several post season games. Higher than that is very unlikely.

#1 might be up in the rafters in a few years.

Last Edited: 12/21/2021 6:01:45 PM by Victory

Back to Top
  
OUbobcat9092
General User

Member Since: 12/28/2004
Location: Fairfax, VA
Post Count: 1,062

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Ohio Women's Basketball 2021-22
   Posted: 12/21/2021 5:39:30 PM 
Victory wrote:


#1 might be up in the rafters in a few years.


I think you can count on that!


Bring Back Men's Track & Field

Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 834

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Ohio Women's Basketball 2021-22
   Posted: 12/23/2021 10:32:16 PM 
Victory wrote:
100%Cat wrote:
So does anyone know how close Cece is to breaking the Ohio scoring record? I saw where she overcame Mast in made FG's, but I'm not sure how close she is to the all time Ohio scoring record.


According to ESPN Hooks is at 2369. According to her Ohio HoF page Mast had 2449. Jan 8 vs Buffalo and Jan 12 vs NIU are home game. Though is she goes off in the first three conference games she could catch her at Akron on Jan 5. She would need to average 27.

I figure that she is somewhere around 15th on the all time Divsion 1 steals list right now. Pages on women's basketball career leaders are not always well maintained and given that this year, and over the next few, more career records will be broken by those players lucky enough to play nearly 5 full seasons worth of games so I don't know who else is currently storming up the list. She might finish as high as #4 if she has a good year and several post season games. Higher than that is very unlikely.

#1 might be up in the rafters in a few years.


Agreed! I need to be better about going to their games - Will definitely go to the January 8th one when I move back onto campus!


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone Leader
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green isn't a state either.

Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 12,119

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Ohio Women's Basketball 2021-22
   Posted: 12/24/2021 11:51:23 PM 
From limited watching so far this year I think CeCe is a better player than last year. She seems to be more consistent and picks her drive opportunities more judiciously;


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
stub
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 911

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Ohio Women's Basketball 2021-22
   Posted: 12/25/2021 6:20:16 PM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
From limited watching so far this year I think CeCe is a better player than last year. She seems to be more consistent and picks her drive opportunities more judiciously;


I love watching her play with her speed and quickness. But I don't see her advancing to the next level without a jump shot off the dribble.

Back to Top
  
Eagle66
General User

Member Since: 3/13/2005
Location: Cleveland, OH
Post Count: 1,263

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Ohio Women's Basketball 2021-22
   Posted: 12/28/2021 2:03:00 PM 
Game tomorrow postponesd

“ The Ohio women's basketball MAC opener against Miami, scheduled for Dec. 29 at 7 p.m., has been postponed due to Ohio not being able to meet the minimum amount of scholarship players available to play, as required by the conference to compete”
Back to Top
  
rpbobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/28/2006
Location: Rochelle Park, NJ
Post Count: 3,158

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Ohio Women's Basketball 2021-22
   Posted: 12/28/2021 2:31:55 PM 
Eagle66 wrote:
Game tomorrow postponesd

“ The Ohio women's basketball MAC opener against Miami, scheduled for Dec. 29 at 7 p.m., has been postponed due to Ohio not being able to meet the minimum amount of scholarship players available to play, as required by the conference to compete”


Does anyone know why there has to be a minimum number of scholarship players ?

If you have enough capable "walk ons" to fill out a roster, why not use them ?






Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 4,790

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Ohio Women's Basketball 2021-22
   Posted: 12/28/2021 3:04:23 PM 
Everyone on our roster is scholarship. There are no walk-ons. Seven of our players have been out for injuries in some capacity this season already. Throw on one or two illnesses and we easily couldn't meet the threshold.

This could be a Top 25 program any of the last few years if it weren't for an apparent health curse.
Back to Top
  
Trevor Stephens
General User

Member Since: 12/13/2017
Post Count: 61

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Ohio Women's Basketball 2021-22
   Posted: 12/28/2021 5:39:05 PM 
For those wondering…
Cece is 61 points away from Ohio’s all-time scoring record (2,449) and 121 from the MAC’s all-time scoring record (2,509)

https://twitter.com/JakeHromada/status/1475907340297715721
Back to Top
  
Victory
General User

Member Since: 3/10/2012
Post Count: 1,192

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Ohio Women's Basketball 2021-22
   Posted: 12/28/2021 5:55:33 PM 
Eagle66 wrote:
Game tomorrow postponesd

“ The Ohio women's basketball MAC opener against Miami, scheduled for Dec. 29 at 7 p.m., has been postponed due to Ohio not being able to meet the minimum amount of scholarship players available to play, as required by the conference to compete”


The way this team is right now it will only take about 3 players getting COVID to be down to 6 players.
Back to Top
  
Eagle66
General User

Member Since: 3/13/2005
Location: Cleveland, OH
Post Count: 1,263

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Ohio Women's Basketball 2021-22
   Posted: 12/29/2021 7:23:12 PM 
Unsurprisingly, Saturdays game against EMU has also been officially postponed.

https://twitter.com/macsports/status/1476344799003353088?...
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 4,790

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Ohio Women's Basketball 2021-22
   Posted: 1/4/2022 1:48:51 PM 
Still unable to get the conference season off the ground. Wednesday's game with Akron is postponed.
Back to Top
  
stub
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 911

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Ohio Women's Basketball 2021-22
   Posted: 1/5/2022 1:06:48 PM 
shabamon wrote:
Still unable to get the conference season off the ground. Wednesday's game with Akron is postponed.


Because of our many injured players, might this be good if it gives them recovery time? Does anyone know the status of these players?

Back to Top
  
oldkatz
General User

Member Since: 12/22/2004
Post Count: 1,342

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Ohio Women's Basketball 2021-22
   Posted: 1/7/2022 2:10:34 PM 
Wednesday's game with Buffalo has been postponed due to Buffalo's COVID issues. Tomorrow's game against No Ill is still on as of this moment.


"All my inside sources tell me I have no inside sources." Salvatore "money bucks" Mafiosiano.

Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 4,790

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Ohio Women's Basketball 2021-22
   Posted: 1/8/2022 1:19:03 PM 
I don't understand what Covid protocol means. If Erica Johnson is out for that reason, why is she on the bench?
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 12,119

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Ohio Women's Basketball 2021-22
   Posted: 1/8/2022 3:38:04 PM 
shabamon wrote:
I don't understand what Covid protocol means. If Erica Johnson is out for that reason, why is she on the bench?


Was she on the bench? I looked for her and didn't see her, but I was sitting up in the nosebleed section so maybe my view of the bench wasn't that good.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
Trevor Stephens
General User

Member Since: 12/13/2017
Post Count: 61

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Ohio Women's Basketball 2021-22
   Posted: 1/9/2022 11:13:28 PM 
The university announced an updated Presidential Health Directives today (1/9):

....... Food and drinks should not be served at any in-person event, gathering or meeting. Exceptions can be made for third-party space rentals that have already been confirmed, although masking should be strictly enforced. Third-party renters are defined as organizations that are not affiliated with the University. A University department renting event space from another University unit/facility is not a third-party rental.

Concessions will be closed at all University-related events. Water will be available.

Ohio University’s Presidential Health Directives require all individuals to wear a face covering in indoor public spaces on OHIO campuses, and on public transportation. Students, faculty, and staff should use N95, KN95, KN94, or surgical masks whenever possible, regardless of vaccination status ......
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 4,790

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Ohio Women's Basketball 2021-22
   Posted: 1/10/2022 9:14:17 AM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
shabamon wrote:
I don't understand what Covid protocol means. If Erica Johnson is out for that reason, why is she on the bench?


Was she on the bench? I looked for her and didn't see her, but I was sitting up in the nosebleed section so maybe my view of the bench wasn't that good.


Yes, they showed her on the broadcast.
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 12,119

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Ohio Women's Basketball 2021-22
   Posted: 1/10/2022 11:09:31 AM 
shabamon wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
shabamon wrote:
I don't understand what Covid protocol means. If Erica Johnson is out for that reason, why is she on the bench?


Was she on the bench? I looked for her and didn't see her, but I was sitting up in the nosebleed section so maybe my view of the bench wasn't that good.


Yes, they showed her on the broadcast.


Well, if that's the case she must have been not playing due to injury, or some violation of team rules, as coaches often put it. I don't recall her ever having a problem before with that kind of behavior, so I would lean toward thinking she had some injury that was keeping her off the floor.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
Andrew Ruck
General User



Member Since: 12/22/2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 3,850

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Ohio Women's Basketball 2021-22
   Posted: 1/10/2022 12:45:22 PM 
Devastating loss. This season has not went as planned thus far.


Andrew Ruck
B.B.A. 2003

Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 834

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Ohio Women's Basketball 2021-22
   Posted: 1/10/2022 6:02:20 PM 
Ugh. Not good to lose on home court. I believe Cece is 37 points away from the record. Hopefully we can see it!


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone Leader
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green isn't a state either.

Back to Top
  
Joe Foss
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 120

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Ohio Women's Basketball 2021-22
   Posted: 1/10/2022 6:51:55 PM 
The Ohio WBB Twitter account said in announcing the starting lineups for the NIU game that "EJ is out due to COVID-19 protocols." So I think we can rule out injury or discipline issues. As to how a player who has been ruled out due to COVID protocols can sit on the bench but not play in a game, I have no idea.

Ohio will be playing this Wednesday, as the MAC moved the home game vs. Kent State up a week. I sure hope that Johnson has cleared protocols in time to get into that game.
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 12,119

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Ohio Women's Basketball 2021-22
   Posted: 1/10/2022 6:55:48 PM 
Joe Foss wrote:
The Ohio WBB Twitter account said in announcing the starting lineups for the NIU game that "EJ is out due to COVID-19 protocols." So I think we can rule out injury or discipline issues. As to how a player who has been ruled out due to COVID protocols can sit on the bench but not play in a game, I have no idea.

Ohio will be playing this Wednesday, as the MAC moved the home game vs. Kent State up a week. I sure hope that Johnson has cleared protocols in time to get into that game.


Color me perplexed at this information. Universal AC says this don't compute!


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  51 - 75  of 199 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2022 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties