Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  Next Year

Topic:  Next Year
Author
Message
berniebobcat
General User

Member Since: 11/23/2010
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Post Count: 140

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  Next Year
   Posted: 3/21/2020 7:21:56 PM 
Arkey wrote an article in the Messenger today reviewing this past season and projecting prospects next year. He mentioned every player on the roster in detail as well as 2 recruits committed for next year. Not listed as incoming was Sam Towns. Is he signed up?
Back to Top
  
IceCat76
General User

Member Since: 12/5/2016
Location: Byfield, MA
Post Count: 104

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Next Year
   Posted: 3/21/2020 9:02:37 PM 
berniebobcat wrote:
Arkey wrote an article in the Messenger today reviewing this past season and projecting prospects next year. He mentioned every player on the roster in detail as well as 2 recruits committed for next year. Not listed as incoming was Sam Towns. Is he signed up?


Towns has verbally committed. Signing day is April 15. He can’t sign NLI until then.
Back to Top
  
berniebobcat
General User

Member Since: 11/23/2010
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Post Count: 140

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Next Year
   Posted: 3/22/2020 2:19:47 AM 
I just read on another thread that Rifen Miguel is also a possible recruit. Anybody know anything about this? His numbers in Community College aren't spectacular but one site says there is interest from Louisville.
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 3,461

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Next Year
   Posted: 3/22/2020 6:44:02 AM 
berniebobcat wrote:
I just read on another thread that Rifen Miguel is also a possible recruit. Anybody know anything about this? His numbers in Community College aren't spectacular but one site says there is interest from Louisville.


Riven Miguel has an offer from us. That's all.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 1,449

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Next Year
   Posted: 3/22/2020 5:24:59 PM 
As of now a core of Preston, BVP, McDay, Roderick, Towns, Murrell, Brown and Foster is formidable. Perhaps one other guy can step up as a regular. If we could get Miguel or a grad big all we need is Vest who was 6.5 ppg and 6.5 rpg. Vest was great and always a Cat but he was not quite Kevin Mickle. More like Mickle Lite. I can only imagine some grads out there watching tape on Jay Pres and saying "yesssss please." This is key for Boals to show his recruiting mettle in year 2.
Back to Top
  
berniebobcat
General User

Member Since: 11/23/2010
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Post Count: 140

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Next Year
   Posted: 3/26/2020 10:56:29 PM 
berniebobcat wrote:
Arkey wrote an article in the Messenger today reviewing this past season and projecting prospects next year. He mentioned every player on the roster in detail as well as 2 recruits committed for next year. Not listed as incoming was Sam Towns. Is he signed up?


Verbal Commits lists Morris Udeze as a possible redshirt transfer from Wichita State. Anybody know anything about this?
Back to Top
  
Jeff McKinney
Moderator

Member Since: 11/12/2004
Post Count: 4,931

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Next Year
   Posted: 3/26/2020 11:17:04 PM 
He has schools like Arizona, Minnesota and Butler after him.
Back to Top
  
berniebobcat
General User

Member Since: 11/23/2010
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Post Count: 140

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Next Year
   Posted: 3/26/2020 11:42:46 PM 
Jeff McKinney wrote:
He has schools like Arizona, Minnesota and Butler after him.


Maybe he has a hidden desire to study sports administration at a first-rate school?
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,040

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Next Year
   Posted: 3/27/2020 8:43:34 AM 
berniebobcat wrote:
berniebobcat wrote:
Arkey wrote an article in the Messenger today reviewing this past season and projecting prospects next year. He mentioned every player on the roster in detail as well as 2 recruits committed for next year. Not listed as incoming was Sam Towns. Is he signed up?


Verbal Commits lists Morris Udeze as a possible redshirt transfer from Wichita State. Anybody know anything about this?


Doubt it...

He broke down each school’s pitch:
Minnesota: “They’re likely losing an NBA Draft pick in Daniel Oturu. [Richard Pitino] wants to have a center come in and play right away. That’s been their pitch.”
Arizona State: “They have Romello White, who is a similar player with a similar game to me. They’re losing him, so they’re thinking about having someone like me come in too.”
Butler: “They want me to come in, redshirt and then play. Most likely, I’m going to have to sit out with the NCAA rules.”


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
UpSan Bobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/30/2005
Location: Upper Sandusky, OH
Post Count: 3,482

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Next Year
   Posted: 4/14/2020 8:45:38 AM 
Right now, with the recent commitments, there are 14 scholarship guys, so somebody is going to be out. As far as we know, everyone is eligible to play next year. Here's who we've got:

Nolan Foster, 6-10, 222, 2.4 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 47.5% FG 40.0% 3PT, 50.0% FT
Nate Springs, 6-10, 205, 3.0 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 47.9% FG, 40.0% 3PT, 100.0% FT
Colin Granger: 6-9, 213, offers from Mt. St. Mary's, Siena, Presbyterian, Kennesaw, Stetson, American, UNC Asheville, S. Illinois, Indiana St., Samford, Sam Houston, Lehigh, James Madison
Dwight Wilson III: 6-8, 250, 9.8 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 53.4% FG, 50.8% FT at James Madison
Miguel Rifen: 6-8, 240, 7.8 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 46.2% FG, 28.0% 3PT, 67.6% FT at Tallahassee CC
Ben Vander Plas, 6-8, 232, 15.7 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 2.8 apg, 49.2% FG, 29.9% 3PT, 59.3% FT
Sam Towns: 6-8, 185, offers from MTSU, Fairfield, UIC, Elon, UMass Lowell, Appalachian St, Siena, UNCG, Mt. St. Mary's, Quinnipiac, Canisius, Cleveland St., N. Kentucky
Mason McMurray, 6-7, 220, 2.8 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 0.6 apg, 35.1% FG, 28.2% 3PT, 0 FT
Connor Murrell, 6-7 215, 2.2 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 0.8 apg, 26.2% FG, 0.0% 3PT, 64.3% FT
Ben Roderick, 6-5, 205, 6.0 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 0.1 apg, 36.1% FG, 36.7% 3PT, 62.5% FT
Jalen White, 6-5, 180, no other scholarship offers known
Jason Preston, 6-4, 187, 16.8 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 7.4 apg, 51.5% FG, 40.7% 3PT, 72.5% FT
Lunden McDay, 6-3, 185, 8.2 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 0.9 apg, 46.6% FG, 38.6% 3PT, 71.9% FT
Miles Brown 6-1, 180, 1.6 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 0.7 apg, 23.9% FG, 10.5% 3PT, 64.3% FT
Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Austin, TX
Post Count: 5,479

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Next Year
   Posted: 4/14/2020 9:00:34 AM 
UpSan Bobcat wrote:
Right now, with the recent commitments, there are 14 scholarship guys, so somebody is going to be out. As far as we know, everyone is eligible to play next year. Here's who we've got:

Nolan Foster, 6-10, 222, 2.4 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 47.5% FG 40.0% 3PT, 50.0% FT
Nate Springs, 6-10, 205, 3.0 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 47.9% FG, 40.0% 3PT, 100.0% FT
Colin Granger: 6-9, 213, offers from Mt. St. Mary's, Siena, Presbyterian, Kennesaw, Stetson, American, UNC Asheville, S. Illinois, Indiana St., Samford, Sam Houston, Lehigh, James Madison
Dwight Wilson III: 6-8, 250, 9.8 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 53.4% FG, 50.8% FT at James Madison
Miguel Rifen: 6-8, 240, 7.8 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 46.2% FG, 28.0% 3PT, 67.6% FT at Tallahassee CC
Ben Vander Plas, 6-8, 232, 15.7 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 2.8 apg, 49.2% FG, 29.9% 3PT, 59.3% FT
Sam Towns: 6-8, 185, offers from MTSU, Fairfield, UIC, Elon, UMass Lowell, Appalachian St, Siena, UNCG, Mt. St. Mary's, Quinnipiac, Canisius, Cleveland St., N. Kentucky
Mason McMurray, 6-7, 220, 2.8 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 0.6 apg, 35.1% FG, 28.2% 3PT, 0 FT
Connor Murrell, 6-7 215, 2.2 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 0.8 apg, 26.2% FG, 0.0% 3PT, 64.3% FT
Ben Roderick, 6-5, 205, 6.0 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 0.1 apg, 36.1% FG, 36.7% 3PT, 62.5% FT
Jalen White, 6-5, 180, no other scholarship offers known
Jason Preston, 6-4, 187, 16.8 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 7.4 apg, 51.5% FG, 40.7% 3PT, 72.5% FT
Lunden McDay, 6-3, 185, 8.2 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 0.9 apg, 46.6% FG, 38.6% 3PT, 71.9% FT
Miles Brown 6-1, 180, 1.6 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 0.7 apg, 23.9% FG, 10.5% 3PT, 64.3% FT


Good breakdown, I'll take it a step further.

These guys have already used their redshirts: Vander Plas, Murrell, Springs, and McMurray. Unless they have either graduated already or drop to D2, they would lose another year by transferring.
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,040

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Next Year
   Posted: 4/14/2020 1:39:33 PM 
UpSan Bobcat wrote:
Right now, with the recent commitments, there are 14 scholarship guys, so somebody is going to be out. As far as we know, everyone is eligible to play next year. Here's who we've got:

Nolan Foster, 6-10, 222, 2.4 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 47.5% FG 40.0% 3PT, 50.0% FT
Nate Springs, 6-10, 205, 3.0 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 47.9% FG, 40.0% 3PT, 100.0% FT
Colin Granger: 6-9, 213, offers from Mt. St. Mary's, Siena, Presbyterian, Kennesaw, Stetson, American, UNC Asheville, S. Illinois, Indiana St., Samford, Sam Houston, Lehigh, James Madison
Dwight Wilson III: 6-8, 250, 9.8 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 53.4% FG, 50.8% FT at James Madison
Miguel Rifen: 6-8, 240, 7.8 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 46.2% FG, 28.0% 3PT, 67.6% FT at Tallahassee CC
Ben Vander Plas, 6-8, 232, 15.7 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 2.8 apg, 49.2% FG, 29.9% 3PT, 59.3% FT
Sam Towns: 6-8, 185, offers from MTSU, Fairfield, UIC, Elon, UMass Lowell, Appalachian St, Siena, UNCG, Mt. St. Mary's, Quinnipiac, Canisius, Cleveland St., N. Kentucky
Mason McMurray, 6-7, 220, 2.8 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 0.6 apg, 35.1% FG, 28.2% 3PT, 0 FT
Connor Murrell, 6-7 215, 2.2 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 0.8 apg, 26.2% FG, 0.0% 3PT, 64.3% FT
Ben Roderick, 6-5, 205, 6.0 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 0.1 apg, 36.1% FG, 36.7% 3PT, 62.5% FT
Jalen White, 6-5, 180, no other scholarship offers known
Jason Preston, 6-4, 187, 16.8 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 7.4 apg, 51.5% FG, 40.7% 3PT, 72.5% FT
Lunden McDay, 6-3, 185, 8.2 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 0.9 apg, 46.6% FG, 38.6% 3PT, 71.9% FT
Miles Brown 6-1, 180, 1.6 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 0.7 apg, 23.9% FG, 10.5% 3PT, 64.3% FT


Can we just fast forward to November 2020? Anticipation of this coming season will rival possibly the year coming off sweet 16 season. My biggest concern is having that consistent 3-point threat like Dartis. Roderick will have to settle nicely into that role.

Last Edited: 4/14/2020 1:46:09 PM by FearLeon


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 1,449

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Next Year
   Posted: 4/14/2020 2:56:16 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
UpSan Bobcat wrote:
Right now, with the recent commitments, there are 14 scholarship guys, so somebody is going to be out. As far as we know, everyone is eligible to play next year. Here's who we've got:

Nolan Foster, 6-10, 222, 2.4 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 47.5% FG 40.0% 3PT, 50.0% FT
Nate Springs, 6-10, 205, 3.0 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 47.9% FG, 40.0% 3PT, 100.0% FT
Colin Granger: 6-9, 213, offers from Mt. St. Mary's, Siena, Presbyterian, Kennesaw, Stetson, American, UNC Asheville, S. Illinois, Indiana St., Samford, Sam Houston, Lehigh, James Madison
Dwight Wilson III: 6-8, 250, 9.8 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 53.4% FG, 50.8% FT at James Madison
Miguel Rifen: 6-8, 240, 7.8 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 46.2% FG, 28.0% 3PT, 67.6% FT at Tallahassee CC
Ben Vander Plas, 6-8, 232, 15.7 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 2.8 apg, 49.2% FG, 29.9% 3PT, 59.3% FT
Sam Towns: 6-8, 185, offers from MTSU, Fairfield, UIC, Elon, UMass Lowell, Appalachian St, Siena, UNCG, Mt. St. Mary's, Quinnipiac, Canisius, Cleveland St., N. Kentucky
Mason McMurray, 6-7, 220, 2.8 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 0.6 apg, 35.1% FG, 28.2% 3PT, 0 FT
Connor Murrell, 6-7 215, 2.2 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 0.8 apg, 26.2% FG, 0.0% 3PT, 64.3% FT
Ben Roderick, 6-5, 205, 6.0 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 0.1 apg, 36.1% FG, 36.7% 3PT, 62.5% FT
Jalen White, 6-5, 180, no other scholarship offers known
Jason Preston, 6-4, 187, 16.8 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 7.4 apg, 51.5% FG, 40.7% 3PT, 72.5% FT
Lunden McDay, 6-3, 185, 8.2 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 0.9 apg, 46.6% FG, 38.6% 3PT, 71.9% FT
Miles Brown 6-1, 180, 1.6 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 0.7 apg, 23.9% FG, 10.5% 3PT, 64.3% FT


Can we just fast forward to November 2020? Anticipation of this coming season will rival possibly the year coming off sweet 16 season. My biggest concern is having that consistent 3-point threat like Dartis. Roderick will have to settle nicely into that role.


I know it is only video but check out how smooth Jalen White's 3 point shot looks. At a lengthy 6 foot 5 he may fill that shooter role too. We will have to have gone from least experienced to most next year if Wilson can play.
Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: On US33 between Athens and Madison Co., OH
Post Count: 7,474

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Next Year
   Posted: 4/15/2020 9:52:00 AM 
FearLeon wrote:
Can we just fast forward to November 2020? Anticipation of this coming season will rival possibly the year coming off sweet 16 season. My biggest concern is having that consistent 3-point threat like Dartis. Roderick will have to settle nicely into that role.


Anticipation rivaling 2012-2013? Ummmmm..... NO. That was an established team that did great things together. This is a team with a lot of talent that really hasn't proven anything together.

So, anticipation - definitely. Rivaling 2012-13? C'mon now...pump the brakes a bit.
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,040

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Next Year
   Posted: 4/15/2020 9:59:47 AM 
OU_Country wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
Can we just fast forward to November 2020? Anticipation of this coming season will rival possibly the year coming off sweet 16 season. My biggest concern is having that consistent 3-point threat like Dartis. Roderick will have to settle nicely into that role.


Anticipation rivaling 2012-2013? Ummmmm..... NO. That was an established team that did great things together. This is a team with a lot of talent that really hasn't proven anything together.

So, anticipation - definitely. Rivaling 2012-13? C'mon now...pump the brakes a bit.


My point is there hasn't been this much anticipation going into a season probably since that year. I understand the differences between 2012-2013 and 2020-2021. But with two MAC player of the year candidates in Preston and BVP and what's coming back and what's coming in...it's ok to have a level of expectation and excitement heading into the next season. When is the last time you were this excited about Ohio hoops since that 12-13 season?



#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Austin, TX
Post Count: 5,479

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Next Year
   Posted: 4/15/2020 10:19:44 AM 
FearLeon wrote:
OU_Country wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
Can we just fast forward to November 2020? Anticipation of this coming season will rival possibly the year coming off sweet 16 season. My biggest concern is having that consistent 3-point threat like Dartis. Roderick will have to settle nicely into that role.


Anticipation rivaling 2012-2013? Ummmmm..... NO. That was an established team that did great things together. This is a team with a lot of talent that really hasn't proven anything together.

So, anticipation - definitely. Rivaling 2012-13? C'mon now...pump the brakes a bit.


My point is there hasn't been this much anticipation going into a season probably since that year. I understand the differences between 2012-2013 and 2020-2021. But with two MAC player of the year candidates in Preston and BVP and what's coming back and what's coming in...it's ok to have a level of expectation and excitement heading into the next season. When is the last time you were this excited about Ohio hoops since that 12-13 season?




I don't know, I was pretty pumped about Year 3 under Saul with Tony, Jaaron, Block, Dartis, Kaminski and with freshman Jason Carter coming in. People forget that team was 11-3 (3-0 in MAC play) before the collective sh*t hit the fan.
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 10,668

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Next Year
   Posted: 4/15/2020 11:54:36 AM 
GoCats105 wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
OU_Country wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
Can we just fast forward to November 2020? Anticipation of this coming season will rival possibly the year coming off sweet 16 season. My biggest concern is having that consistent 3-point threat like Dartis. Roderick will have to settle nicely into that role.


Anticipation rivaling 2012-2013? Ummmmm..... NO. That was an established team that did great things together. This is a team with a lot of talent that really hasn't proven anything together.

So, anticipation - definitely. Rivaling 2012-13? C'mon now...pump the brakes a bit.


My point is there hasn't been this much anticipation going into a season probably since that year. I understand the differences between 2012-2013 and 2020-2021. But with two MAC player of the year candidates in Preston and BVP and what's coming back and what's coming in...it's ok to have a level of expectation and excitement heading into the next season. When is the last time you were this excited about Ohio hoops since that 12-13 season?




I don't know, I was pretty pumped about Year 3 under Saul with Tony, Jaaron, Block, Dartis, Kaminski and with freshman Jason Carter coming in. People forget that team was 11-3 (3-0 in MAC play) before the collective sh*t hit the fan.


+1 I agree. People tend to forget that we had some high hopes and good teams under the previous regime until the injury bug bit us so badly.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
berniebobcat
General User

Member Since: 11/23/2010
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Post Count: 140

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Next Year
   Posted: 4/15/2020 12:18:36 PM 
Assuming all players show up and are healthy, I don't see McMurray, Springs or Murrell getting any playing time next year. The needed scholarship slot has to be coming from one of them.
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 3,461

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Next Year
   Posted: 4/15/2020 1:42:50 PM 
Today's release says Wilson must sit a year. I think this presents an opportunity for Springs or Foster to own a starter spot as I have no doubt Wilson would have been the starter at center had he been immediately eligible.

My money is still on Connor being off scholarship next year as I'm almost certain he has graduated and it would have been in best interests of any other forwards to have announced intentions to transfer by now.
Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Austin, TX
Post Count: 5,479

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Next Year
   Posted: 4/15/2020 2:12:33 PM 
If this is what it takes to breed out some competition for PT between Springs and Foster then so be it. Hope these guys are putting in as much work as they can while in quarantine.
Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: On US33 between Athens and Madison Co., OH
Post Count: 7,474

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Next Year
   Posted: 4/15/2020 2:41:19 PM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
GoCats105 wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
OU_Country wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
Can we just fast forward to November 2020? Anticipation of this coming season will rival possibly the year coming off sweet 16 season. My biggest concern is having that consistent 3-point threat like Dartis. Roderick will have to settle nicely into that role.


Anticipation rivaling 2012-2013? Ummmmm..... NO. That was an established team that did great things together. This is a team with a lot of talent that really hasn't proven anything together.

So, anticipation - definitely. Rivaling 2012-13? C'mon now...pump the brakes a bit.


My point is there hasn't been this much anticipation going into a season probably since that year. I understand the differences between 2012-2013 and 2020-2021. But with two MAC player of the year candidates in Preston and BVP and what's coming back and what's coming in...it's ok to have a level of expectation and excitement heading into the next season. When is the last time you were this excited about Ohio hoops since that 12-13 season?




I don't know, I was pretty pumped about Year 3 under Saul with Tony, Jaaron, Block, Dartis, Kaminski and with freshman Jason Carter coming in. People forget that team was 11-3 (3-0 in MAC play) before the collective sh*t hit the fan.


+1 I agree. People tend to forget that we had some high hopes and good teams under the previous regime until the injury bug bit us so badly.


I'm with OCF and GoCats - I had tons of anticipation for Tony's Senior year, which for me was the last season with high anticipation. Up until that EMU game when Campbell got injured, that season was shaping up to be very special. Then, as noted above, the collective stuff hit the fan.

I'll be honest, right now, I don't have all that much anticipation for anything sports related. Not because this team doesn't warrant it -- it does. Instead, its because of the significant level of uncertainty in the world right now. I miss sports dearly, but I'm also not ready to immediately run back into crowded arenas and stadiums until I know a little more. Let me have baseball and racing back on screen and in person, and I'll probably change my tune.
Back to Top
  
cc-cat
General User

Member Since: 4/5/2006
Location: matthews, NC
Post Count: 2,996

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Next Year
   Posted: 4/15/2020 2:58:32 PM 
shabamon wrote:
Today's release says Wilson must sit a year. I think this presents an opportunity for Springs or Foster to own a starter spot....


Compete with each other for playing time....yes. A starting spot....no.
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 3,461

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Next Year
   Posted: 4/15/2020 3:12:15 PM 
cc-cat wrote:
shabamon wrote:
Today's release says Wilson must sit a year. I think this presents an opportunity for Springs or Foster to own a starter spot....


Compete with each other for playing time....yes. A starting spot....no.


Then who do you think will start?
Back to Top
  
cc-cat
General User

Member Since: 4/5/2006
Location: matthews, NC
Post Count: 2,996

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Next Year
   Posted: 4/15/2020 3:23:32 PM 
I don't think Boals will be compelled to fill a "center" slot as much as start the best 5. So...

Preston, Roderick, Vander Plas, Miguel, and either McDay or Towns...maybe Granger based on match-up.

Like everyone else - appreciate Wilson being eligible would have been ideal.

Last Edited: 4/15/2020 3:30:57 PM by cc-cat

Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 3,461

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Next Year
   Posted: 4/15/2020 3:39:11 PM 
I think Preston, McDay, Roderick, and BVP are locks. Boals' system uses a center, which BVP is not. So we're choosing between Miguel, Foster, and Springs. I don't see any true freshmen walking in here and starting, and I also don't think a guy averaging 8 and 4 in JUCO is clearly better than the two already on our roster. It's going to be an adjustment for Miguel, but he will be an option.
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 25  of 73 Posts
Jump to Page:  1 | 2 | 3    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



Copyright ©2020 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties