Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Football
Topic:  Hustle Belt Team of the 2010s

Topic:  Hustle Belt Team of the 2010s
Author
Message
BryanHall
General User

Member Since: 9/11/2010
Post Count: 201

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  Hustle Belt Team of the 2010s
   Posted: 9/24/2020 12:44:48 PM 
Initially I expected the cats to have more than one player picked, but it is a pretty good list.

https://www.hustlebelt.com/2020/9/23/21445580/all-2010s-m...

Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 1,730

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Hustle Belt Team of the 2010s
   Posted: 9/24/2020 1:03:19 PM 
I think we've just uncovered why we haven't won a MAC Championship in that period.
Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: On US33 between Athens and Madison Co., OH
Post Count: 7,548

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Hustle Belt Team of the 2010s
   Posted: 9/24/2020 3:16:20 PM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
I think we've just uncovered why we haven't won a MAC Championship in that period.


But, we have great recruiting BLSS. ;)


Off the top of my head, there's one notable omission: Terrell Basham.

And another that's worth considering in the omitted conversation: TJ Carrie.


After that, there really isn't anyone I can think of that truly belongs there.
Back to Top
  
OUcats82
General User



Member Since: 1/9/2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Post Count: 1,618

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Hustle Belt Team of the 2010s
   Posted: 9/24/2020 4:54:56 PM 
Think this list fairly highlights the gap in talent between the East and West over this time period?


Ohio-The State University

Back to Top
  
Club Hyatt
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Alexandria, VA
Post Count: 4,041

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Hustle Belt Team of the 2010s
   Posted: 9/24/2020 5:49:45 PM 
Often great individual performances are the result of one player having to carry the entire team on its back. Think in basketball; there seems to be a really good scorer on half the bad teams.

If the starters aren't playing as many minutes and hauling in the production of two positions out of necessity their stats will be naturally lower.


Most Memorable Bobcat Events Attended
2010 97-83 win over Georgetown in NCAA 1st round
2012 45-13 victory over ULM in the Independence Bowl
2015 34-3 drubbing of Miami @ Peden front of 25,086

Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 1,730

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Hustle Belt Team of the 2010s
   Posted: 9/24/2020 6:00:37 PM 
Club Hyatt wrote:
Often great individual performances are the result of one player having to carry the entire team on its back. Think in basketball; there seems to be a really good scorer on half the bad teams.

If the starters aren't playing as many minutes and hauling in the production of two positions out of necessity their stats will be naturally lower.


There may be a few people on the list who qualify as 'good stats, bad team' guys, but most of them were on pretty damn good teams. A lot of MAC Championships and Bowl Game appearances on that list.
Back to Top
  
BryanHall
General User

Member Since: 9/11/2010
Post Count: 201

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Hustle Belt Team of the 2010s
   Posted: 9/24/2020 6:06:39 PM 
I'd like to see this carried out to first, second and third teams. Basham, Brown, Carrie, The kicking specialists, maybe even AJ show up. I wonder how that would compare. The margin of error is high on the small sample size.
Back to Top
  
akroncat
General User

Member Since: 7/23/2010
Location: Akron, OH
Post Count: 173

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Hustle Belt Team of the 2010s
   Posted: 9/24/2020 9:08:59 PM 
An interesting tidbit - 3 of those players were originally coming to Ohio. Hunt and Roberts were the same year, but their grades weren't good enough. Lewis had the issue with alleged rape. Do you think our record would have been better with them?
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,560

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Hustle Belt Team of the 2010s
   Posted: 9/24/2020 9:10:49 PM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
Club Hyatt wrote:
Often great individual performances are the result of one player having to carry the entire team on its back. Think in basketball; there seems to be a really good scorer on half the bad teams.

If the starters aren't playing as many minutes and hauling in the production of two positions out of necessity their stats will be naturally lower.


There may be a few people on the list who qualify as 'good stats, bad team' guys, but most of them were on pretty damn good teams. A lot of MAC Championships and Bowl Game appearances on that list.


Hes just justifying mediocrity
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 9  of 9 Posts
Jump to Page:  1
View Other 'Ohio Football' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



Copyright ©2020 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties