Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Football
Topic:  Expand club competition now

Topic:  Expand club competition now
Author
Message
ozarkcat
General User

Member Since: 7/20/2006
Location: Missouri
Post Count: 68

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  Expand club competition now
   Posted: 5/22/2020 8:05:47 AM 
Over the last 15 years on here I have urged we use college club competition to reduce costs. I believe now is a great time to form an Ohio club league for all sports except football and basketball Advantages include no scholarships, reduced travel costs, and much less administration. You simply play for the fun of it. Maybe even Cincy and OSU would join in.
Back to Top
  
UpSan Bobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/30/2005
Location: Upper Sandusky, OH
Post Count: 3,480

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Expand club competition now
   Posted: 5/22/2020 9:57:52 AM 
Ohio could not that and remain a member of the NCAA for a lot of reasons.
Back to Top
  
Bobcatzblitz
General User

Member Since: 7/21/2010
Post Count: 1,608

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Expand club competition now
   Posted: 5/22/2020 12:33:18 PM 
Lol wut
Back to Top
  
spongeBOB CATpants
General User

Member Since: 8/16/2016
Post Count: 215

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Expand club competition now
   Posted: 5/22/2020 4:20:45 PM 
So cut all sports except football and hoops? Lol wut.
Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 5,954

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Expand club competition now
   Posted: 5/22/2020 7:38:02 PM 
spongeBOB CATpants wrote:
So cut all sports except football and hoops? Lol wut.


Sounds like a guy who was in one of Schaus' focus groups 10 or so years ago. He literally said in front of about 20 people including Jim is that the only sports that matter are football, baseball and basketball played by boys. You could have heard a pin drop and you couldn't have driven mack trucks into the wide open mouths. oldkatz and I were in the room.

Back to Top
  
Catdude
General User

Member Since: 12/27/2004
Post Count: 145

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Expand club competition now
   Posted: 5/22/2020 9:27:46 PM 
I bet season ticket sales would be out the roof !!!

Last Edited: 5/22/2020 9:28:52 PM by Catdude

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,226

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Expand club competition now
   Posted: 5/23/2020 4:14:34 PM 
Alan Swank wrote:
spongeBOB CATpants wrote:
So cut all sports except football and hoops? Lol wut.


Sounds like a guy who was in one of Schaus' focus groups 10 or so years ago. He literally said in front of about 20 people including Jim is that the only sports that matter are football, baseball and basketball played by boys. You could have heard a pin drop and you couldn't have driven mack trucks into the wide open mouths. oldkatz and I were in the room.



Too bad Dr Pruitt was not in the room.
Back to Top
  
SBH
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 2,384

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Expand club competition now
   Posted: 5/23/2020 5:46:56 PM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
Alan Swank wrote:
spongeBOB CATpants wrote:
So cut all sports except football and hoops? Lol wut.


Sounds like a guy who was in one of Schaus' focus groups 10 or so years ago. He literally said in front of about 20 people including Jim is that the only sports that matter are football, baseball and basketball played by boys. You could have heard a pin drop and you couldn't have driven mack trucks into the wide open mouths. oldkatz and I were in the room.



Too bad Dr Pruitt was not in the room.


The best part about this story is that Schaus was investing in focus groups in Athens rather than in other parts of the state/region from which we could have done a better job drawing alumni back to campus. I suggested it to him 5-6 times and got a blank stare each time.

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,226

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Expand club competition now
   Posted: 5/23/2020 6:01:08 PM 
SBH wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
Alan Swank wrote:
spongeBOB CATpants wrote:
So cut all sports except football and hoops? Lol wut.


Sounds like a guy who was in one of Schaus' focus groups 10 or so years ago. He literally said in front of about 20 people including Jim is that the only sports that matter are football, baseball and basketball played by boys. You could have heard a pin drop and you couldn't have driven mack trucks into the wide open mouths. oldkatz and I were in the room.



Too bad Dr Pruitt was not in the room.


The best part about this story is that Schaus was investing in focus groups in Athens rather than in other parts of the state/region from which we could have done a better job drawing alumni back to campus. I suggested it to him 5-6 times and got a blank stare each time.



🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️ Sadly, I have no problems believing this.
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 9  of 9 Posts
Jump to Page:  1
View Other 'Ohio Football' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



Copyright ©2020 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties