Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball Recruiting
Topic:  RE: Portal prospects

Topic:  RE: Portal prospects
Author
Message
CatsUp
General User

Member Since: 4/15/2019
Post Count: 567

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/19/2022 11:50:39 AM 
Did Hadaway decide not to come to Athens or something?
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 4,831

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/19/2022 11:55:57 AM 
I honestly don't think there's a single incumbent on our roster. I think every starting spot is up for grabs.
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,852

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/19/2022 12:44:42 PM 
CatsUp wrote:
Did Hadaway decide not to come to Athens or something?


His twitter BIO says "Ohio University Commit"




#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
BobcatSports
General User

Member Since: 2/2/2006
Post Count: 988

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/19/2022 12:45:35 PM 
CatsUp what leads you to believe Hadaway is not coming to Athens? Has he announced heís decommitting ?
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 90

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/19/2022 12:47:22 PM 
shabamon wrote:
I honestly don't think there's a single incumbent on our roster. I think every starting spot is up for grabs.


I think Dwight is the only guaranteed starter with Wiz and AJ Brown a more likely not. A lot is subject to change, obliviously.

Last Edited: 4/19/2022 12:55:13 PM by FJC31

Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 90

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/19/2022 12:50:06 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
Now this is intriguing.

6'6 PG with good numbers.

This I'm watching. #Dibba



100%. His numbers at Coastal have been pretty consistent each year. Iím actually surprised given his height, this is the first time heís entering the portal.
Back to Top
  
CatsUp
General User

Member Since: 4/15/2019
Post Count: 567

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/19/2022 1:11:56 PM 
BobcatSports wrote:
CatsUp what leads you to believe Hadaway is not coming to Athens? Has he announced heís decommitting ?


I didnít see any mention of him by recent posters in this thread regarding their projections of the starters and backups for next year. Thought maybe I had missed something about him not being a Bobcat.
Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 851

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/19/2022 1:35:04 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:
While only one fan's starting five, one item sticks out:

OUr team cannot afford another season with a starter, who came into the program with a reputation as a "shooter", hitting his shots at 34% (fg), 22% (3 fg) and 67% (ft).

Edit: FearLeon beat me to it.


+1

And I'll take it one step farther or further.

This coaching staff should not even be going into fall practice penciling in Brod as a starter. He has to earn it in October/November.



To be honest as much as I hate to say it because Brod is my guy Clayton OR Hadaway have a good shot at being starting SF if Brod's slump continues. Also would be an interesting experiment to put Olumide in that spot.


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone Leader
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green isn't a state either.

Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 851

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/19/2022 1:36:10 PM 
CatsUp wrote:
BobcatSports wrote:
CatsUp what leads you to believe Hadaway is not coming to Athens? Has he announced heís decommitting ?


I didnít see any mention of him by recent posters in this thread regarding their projections of the starters and backups for next year. Thought maybe I had missed something about him not being a Bobcat.


No he's fully committed, I think he has a shot at the SF spot next season.


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone Leader
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green isn't a state either.

Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 90

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/19/2022 2:05:35 PM 
We have 1 scholly remaining, right? I only ask since at one point there was interest in Sekou Sylla, who is more of a wing.

Last Edited: 4/19/2022 2:05:51 PM by FJC31

Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 851

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/19/2022 2:46:55 PM 
FJC31 wrote:
We have 1 scholly remaining, right? I only ask since at one point there was interest in Sekou Sylla, who is more of a wing.


Tenerowicz, McDaniel and Estis are walkons, and I'm not totally sure if Frazier is under scholarship. I assume Gabe will inherit BVP's scholly.

EDIT - Frazier is on scholarship along with Gabe. I believe we have 13 on scholly excluding McDaniel and Estis?

Last Edited: 4/19/2022 2:59:44 PM by Cellis033


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone Leader
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green isn't a state either.

Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 1,851

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/19/2022 2:48:50 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:
While only one fan's starting five, one item sticks out:

OUr team cannot afford another season with a starter, who came into the program with a reputation as a "shooter", hitting his shots at 34% (fg), 22% (3 fg) and 67% (ft).

Edit: FearLeon beat me to it.


+1

And I'll take it one step farther or further.

This coaching staff should not even be going into fall practice penciling in Brod as a starter. He has to earn it in October/November.



I agree with all of this. I just have a hunch that B-Rod will recover with ball movement. I think that with Preston leaving he was by far the one most affected. He went from 12 ppg and having a drive and kick PG to Sears (ballstopper), BVP (crab dribble ballstopper) and Carter (The Ultimate ballstopper).
Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 1,851

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/19/2022 2:49:57 PM 
CatsUp wrote:
Did Hadaway decide not to come to Athens or something?


Oops..I left Hadaway off.
Back to Top
  
MonroeClassmate
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2010
Post Count: 1,584

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/19/2022 3:01:24 PM 
FJC31 wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
Now this is intriguing.

6'6 PG with good numbers.

This I'm watching. #Dibba



100%. His numbers at Coastal have been pretty consistent each year. Iím actually surprised given his height, this is the first time heís entering the portal.


Needs to also be a top notch defender. Zips showed late in the season that in the MAC smothering defense wins the games and kept it close against UCLA. Is he tough enough to be a Boals Bobcat? The numbers do look good and consistent--not a three point whiz but if he just takes em when he is wide open and runs the offense for others to get theirs then that will be an offensive positive.


Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 8,083

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/19/2022 4:43:27 PM 
MonroeClassmate wrote:
FJC31 wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
Now this is intriguing.

6'6 PG with good numbers.

This I'm watching. #Dibba



100%. His numbers at Coastal have been pretty consistent each year. Iím actually surprised given his height, this is the first time heís entering the portal.


Needs to also be a top notch defender. Zips showed late in the season that in the MAC smothering defense wins the games and kept it close against UCLA. Is he tough enough to be a Boals Bobcat? The numbers do look good and consistent--not a three point whiz but if he just takes em when he is wide open and runs the offense for others to get theirs then that will be an offensive positive.




Hopefully you didnít need Akron to show you that defense wins.
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 90

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/19/2022 5:31:06 PM 
Blondeau Tchoukuiengo Will be visiting at some point. Solid numbers all around.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

https://twitter.com/jakelieberman2/status/151649625210755...
Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 851

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/19/2022 7:36:56 PM 
FJC31 wrote:
Blondeau Tchoukuiengo Will be visiting at some point. Solid numbers all around.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

https://twitter.com/jakelieberman2/status/151649625210755...


He would be a great pickup. 42% from the field and 40% from three!

Last Edited: 4/19/2022 7:46:15 PM by Cellis033


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone Leader
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green isn't a state either.

Back to Top
  
RSBobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/22/2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 4,218

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/19/2022 9:20:49 PM 
Cellis033 wrote:
FJC31 wrote:
Blondeau Tchoukuiengo Will be visiting at some point. Solid numbers all around.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

https://twitter.com/jakelieberman2/status/151649625210755...


He would be a great pickup. 42% from the field and 40% from three!


Looks like a Very good prospect!


RS Bobcat

Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 12,177

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/20/2022 10:45:31 AM 
Blondeau looks like an excellent prospect to me.

Found some further information on him on the UNH site:

https://unhwildcats.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/blo...


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 90

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/20/2022 1:19:57 PM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
Blondeau looks like an excellent prospect to me.

Found some further information on him on the UNH site:

https://unhwildcats.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/blo...




Good stuff. Wonder if heíll still visit W&M. Since that tweet, its added two transfer guards.
Back to Top
  
IceCat76
General User

Member Since: 12/5/2016
Location: Byfield, MA
Post Count: 194

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/20/2022 2:32:52 PM 
FJC31 wrote:
Blondeau Tchoukuiengo Will be visiting at some point. Solid numbers all around.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

https://twitter.com/jakelieberman2/status/151649625210755...


After being on the UNH campus Athens will seem like heaven.
Back to Top
  
The Optimist
General User



Member Since: 3/16/2007
Location: CLE
Post Count: 5,418

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/20/2022 4:00:05 PM 
Pronunciation?


I've seen crazier things happen.

Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 851

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/20/2022 4:24:06 PM 
The Optimist wrote:
Pronunciation?


Blon-deau then I'm lost after that.


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone Leader
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green isn't a state either.

Back to Top
  
100%Cat
General User



Member Since: 1/17/2013
Post Count: 2,120

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/20/2022 4:54:48 PM 
My pure guess is "Chu-king-go."

I took a couple of linguistics classes here...a few decades ago.

Last Edited: 4/20/2022 4:55:43 PM by 100%Cat

Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 851

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/20/2022 8:10:01 PM 
We are not on Femi Odukale's final list. Caleb Fields of Bowling Green has also decided to transfer to Fairfield.


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone Leader
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green isn't a state either.

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  101 - 125  of 211 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Basketball Recruiting' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2022 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties