Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball Recruiting
Topic:  RE: Portal prospects

Topic:  RE: Portal prospects
Author
Message
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 90

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/16/2022 7:40:49 AM 
Was anyone able to confirm how many schollies we had available? With Gabe, we’re at 2 remaining, right?

Last Edited: 4/16/2022 7:41:10 AM by FJC31

Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 90

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/16/2022 8:26:47 AM 
There’s been absolutely nothing reported on this kid, but Carter Whitt (Wake Forest PG) has been following Boals on IG. More recently, he started following Barlow, IJ, Gabe, and Roderick. Just speculation based on what happened with Gabe.
Back to Top
  
cc-cat
General User

Member Since: 4/5/2006
Location: matthews, NC
Post Count: 3,564

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/16/2022 1:29:45 PM 
FJC31 wrote:
There’s been absolutely nothing reported on this kid, but Carter Whitt (Wake Forest PG) has been following Boals on IG. More recently, he started following Barlow, IJ, Gabe, and Roderick. Just speculation based on what happened with Gabe.


this would be a real nice add - true pass first pg with creativity and flair
Back to Top
  
Jeff McKinney
Moderator

Member Since: 11/12/2004
Post Count: 5,745

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/16/2022 2:24:38 PM 
Read that Carter Whitt was ranked around 80th in the nation as a HS senior. That's impressive! Hope he gives Ohio strong consideration.
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 90

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/16/2022 3:27:17 PM 
Aaron Clarke to Stony Brook.

https://twitter.com/verbalcommits/status/1515410478851231...
Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 851

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/16/2022 10:27:39 PM 
Our guy Geno nabs a PG. Hopefully this talk around Carter Whitt is true. Would be an awesome addition. But not sure with Sheldon / Brown / Estis coming in


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone Leader
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green isn't a state either.

Back to Top
  
RufusCat09
General User

Member Since: 12/14/2019
Post Count: 282

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/17/2022 11:24:27 AM 
Trying not to overanalyze here but when Boals, multiple coaches and players start following someone in the portal I would say that's more then just plain interest or speculation (similar to Gabe Wiznitzer).
Back to Top
  
Cellis033
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2021
Location: Powell, OH
Post Count: 851

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/17/2022 1:26:36 PM 
He (Whitt) also commented on Gabe's committed to OU post. I have a feeling we are in for Whitt coming to Athens. Shows he's likely highly interested.

Last Edited: 4/17/2022 1:31:11 PM by Cellis033


Chase
OU Engineering Technology and Management '24
O-Zone Leader
Bringing the noise!

Muck Fiami
Kent read, Kent write, Can't be a state!
Bowling Green isn't a state either.

Back to Top
  
Danny's Knee
General User



Member Since: 11/30/2005
Post Count: 605

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/17/2022 2:27:40 PM 
Also both grew up in the Carolinas .. possibly played together or against and followed one another?

Go Bobcats!!


check out my avatar, it's "REALLY DO ORIGINAL" !!!!

Back to Top
  
Jeff McKinney
Moderator

Member Since: 11/12/2004
Post Count: 5,745

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/17/2022 3:26:50 PM 
And IJ and Whitt are both from Raleigh.
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 90

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/17/2022 3:43:18 PM 
If we’re going off of IG speculation, Whitt is now following Furman baskebtall IG and multiple Furman players. Wouldn’t shock me we were in the mix, but I feel like he’s going there now.

Last Edited: 4/17/2022 3:43:39 PM by FJC31

Back to Top
  
berniebobcat
General User

Member Since: 11/23/2010
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Post Count: 221

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/18/2022 1:41:35 AM 
Not to be a spoiler but senor Whitt had a terrible shooting year at Wake and started only 3 games. In those 3 he was virtually pointless. Our best teams in recent years have all had strong scoring from our point guards.
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 90

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/18/2022 1:17:16 PM 
ODU’s Jaylin Hunter a new target. 9.7 ppg and 4 apg. Dropped 20 on North Texas and Western Kentucky.

https://twitter.com/jakelieberman2/status/151607897361201...

Last Edited: 4/18/2022 1:17:33 PM by FJC31

Back to Top
  
Jeff McKinney
Moderator

Member Since: 11/12/2004
Post Count: 5,745

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/18/2022 2:27:14 PM 
FJC31 wrote:
If we’re going off of IG speculation, Whitt is now following Furman baskebtall IG and multiple Furman players. Wouldn’t shock me we were in the mix, but I feel like he’s going there now.


I've always said I wouldn't allow myself to speculate on a student's plans based on their social media. But here goes anyway-- maybe Whitt is visiting several schools, and each time he does he follows some of the coaches and players? If so, I don't think his following of Furman guys would mean he's not considering Ohio
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 90

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/18/2022 5:09:42 PM 
Jeff McKinney wrote:
FJC31 wrote:
If we’re going off of IG speculation, Whitt is now following Furman baskebtall IG and multiple Furman players. Wouldn’t shock me we were in the mix, but I feel like he’s going there now.


I've always said I wouldn't allow myself to speculate on a student's plans based on their social media. But here goes anyway-- maybe Whitt is visiting several schools, and each time he does he follows some of the coaches and players? If so, I don't think his following of Furman guys would mean he's not considering Ohio


Unfortunately, that’s exactly what it meant.
Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 90

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/18/2022 5:23:02 PM 
Gianni Hunt To Sacramento State

https://twitter.com/verbalcommits/status/1516162353775136...
Back to Top
  
Jeff McKinney
Moderator

Member Since: 11/12/2004
Post Count: 5,745

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/18/2022 6:14:15 PM 
FJC31 wrote:
Jeff McKinney wrote:
FJC31 wrote:
If we’re going off of IG speculation, Whitt is now following Furman baskebtall IG and multiple Furman players. Wouldn’t shock me we were in the mix, but I feel like he’s going there now.


I've always said I wouldn't allow myself to speculate on a student's plans based on their social media. But here goes anyway-- maybe Whitt is visiting several schools, and each time he does he follows some of the coaches and players? If so, I don't think his following of Furman guys would mean he's not considering Ohio


Unfortunately, that’s exactly what it meant.


Ha, yeah, I saw that.
Back to Top
  
Danny's Knee
General User



Member Since: 11/30/2005
Post Count: 605

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/18/2022 8:01:06 PM 
Whitt to Furman


check out my avatar, it's "REALLY DO ORIGINAL" !!!!

Back to Top
  
FJC31
General User

Member Since: 3/31/2022
Post Count: 90

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/19/2022 9:03:23 AM 
Ebrima Dibba entered portal yesterday, Boals and Barlow started following him. Probably one of the more interesting PG’s given his size.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...

Last Edited: 4/19/2022 9:04:02 AM by FJC31

Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,852

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/19/2022 11:06:40 AM 
Now this is intriguing.

6'6 PG with good numbers.

This I'm watching. #Dibba

Last Edited: 4/19/2022 11:07:10 AM by FearLeon


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 1,851

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/19/2022 11:08:39 AM 
FJC31 wrote:
Ebrima Dibba entered portal yesterday, Boals and Barlow started following him. Probably one of the more interesting PG’s given his size.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...


I would take a 6-6 PG who averages 8 ppg, 4 rpg and 5.5 apg. His well-rounded game would fit.
PG: Dibba
SG: AJ Brown
SF: Roderick
PF: DW3
C: Witzniker
Bench
PG: Miles/EJ4/Estis/Sheldon
SG: Miles/EJ4/Frazier
SF: Olumide
PF: Clayton
C: Ezuma

Not too shabby
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,852

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/19/2022 11:14:45 AM 
Bobcat1998 wrote:
FJC31 wrote:
Ebrima Dibba entered portal yesterday, Boals and Barlow started following him. Probably one of the more interesting PG’s given his size.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...


I would take a 6-6 PG who averages 8 ppg, 4 rpg and 5.5 apg. His well-rounded game would fit.
PG: Dibba
SG: AJ Brown
SF: Roderick
PF: DW3
C: Witzniker
Bench
PG: Miles/EJ4/Estis/Sheldon
SG: Miles/EJ4/Frazier
SF: Olumide
PF: Clayton
C: Ezuma

Not too shabby


Agree...and no offense to Tommy...but Boals can take his time here and find the right guy at PG now that he's looking in April and not June/July when he got Tommy and options were limited.


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,852

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/19/2022 11:16:28 AM 
Bobcat1998 wrote:
FJC31 wrote:
Ebrima Dibba entered portal yesterday, Boals and Barlow started following him. Probably one of the more interesting PG’s given his size.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/...


I would take a 6-6 PG who averages 8 ppg, 4 rpg and 5.5 apg. His well-rounded game would fit.
PG: Dibba
SG: AJ Brown
SF: Roderick
PF: DW3
C: Witzniker
Bench
PG: Miles/EJ4/Estis/Sheldon
SG: Miles/EJ4/Frazier
SF: Olumide
PF: Clayton
C: Ezuma

Not too shabby


Unless Brod has a big off-season, he doesn't have a starting spot locked up.

Last Edited: 4/19/2022 11:17:24 AM by FearLeon


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,993

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/19/2022 11:21:05 AM 
While only one fan's starting five, one item sticks out:

OUr team cannot afford another season with a starter, who came into the program with a reputation as a "shooter", hitting his shots at 34% (fg), 22% (3 fg) and 67% (ft).

Edit: FearLeon beat me to it.

Last Edited: 4/19/2022 11:21:49 AM by bobcatsquared

Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,852

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Portal prospects
   Posted: 4/19/2022 11:31:35 AM 
bobcatsquared wrote:
While only one fan's starting five, one item sticks out:

OUr team cannot afford another season with a starter, who came into the program with a reputation as a "shooter", hitting his shots at 34% (fg), 22% (3 fg) and 67% (ft).

Edit: FearLeon beat me to it.


+1

And I'll take it one step farther or further.

This coaching staff should not even be going into fall practice penciling in Brod as a starter. He has to earn it in October/November.


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  76 - 100  of 211 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Basketball Recruiting' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2022 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties