Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
General Ohio University Discussion/Alumni Events
Topic:  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Kent St.

Topic:  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Kent St.
Author
Message
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 1,299

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Kent St.
   Posted: 1/7/2022 8:59:36 PM 
I got busy and missed the game. Is there any way to watch it afterward if you have CBS SportsChannel on streaming? The way ESPN+ archives the games??
Back to Top
  
Eagle66
General User

Member Since: 3/13/2005
Location: Cleveland, OH
Post Count: 1,267

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Kent St.
   Posted: 1/7/2022 9:08:15 PM 
greencat wrote:
I got busy and missed the game. Is there any way to watch it afterward if you have CBS SportsChannel on streaming? The way ESPN+ archives the games??


CBS All Access became Paramount+. I know they show soccer replays, but I donít have a P+ account to check if the basketball games are archived there too or not.

Last Edited: 1/7/2022 9:08:26 PM by Eagle66

Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 1,299

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Kent St.
   Posted: 1/7/2022 9:14:06 PM 
Eagle66 wrote:
greencat wrote:
I got busy and missed the game. Is there any way to watch it afterward if you have CBS SportsChannel on streaming? The way ESPN+ archives the games??


CBS All Access became Paramount+. I know they show soccer replays, but I donít have a P+ account to check if the basketball games are archived there too or not.


I have P-Plus, got it free with 247 sports. Will try that.
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 8,083

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Kent St.
   Posted: 1/7/2022 9:18:04 PM 
Cats5 wrote:
spongeBOB CATpants wrote:
Cats5 wrote:
The Optimist wrote:
BurritoBuggy4 wrote:
Game is scheduled for CBS Sports Network. Same as last game. Anyone know if our games being on real television (not ESPN+) is a sign that we are getting more recognition? Or, are these scheduled in advance? Sorry if a dumb question.


Nice. I got a 2-week free trial for Youtube TV to get CBS Sports so having back-to-back games there is convenient


Youtube TV is real nice


*used to be real nice

Youtube TV exploited their legacy customers. I signed up originally when it first came out. Believe I was paying $45 a month and got everything I ever wanted out of my TV provider. They promised that they were different than all cable companies...LOL way too good to be true.

Fast forward a couple years and now I'm paying $65 and they have gotten rid of Bally Sports (formerly known as Fox Sports Ohio) which is why I made the switch from Spectrum. Now I have to stream Bally Sports to watch Tribe/Cavs games using a friends DirectTv account.

They are constantly in renewal disputes with outlets and they play hardball by threatening to remove the channel completely until they come to an agreement.

Yeah I definitely understand that. I was kinda mad about the Bally Sports dispute since I'm a Reds fan but I think it helped my state of mind not to watch them lol


You do realize that itís at the discretion of the actual channel owners? They own the right to the content and they constantly raise the prices to the distribution outlets.
Back to Top
  
berniebobcat
General User

Member Since: 11/23/2010
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Post Count: 221

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Kent St.
   Posted: 1/7/2022 9:26:41 PM 
I am not sure about how the technology works but I have YouTubetv and chose to save games in advance. You can replay it for a number of months. I watched the whole Akron game the other night during an insomniac moment.

I grew up near Akron and used to drive to the campus and watch the Zips in the old Memorial Hall. They could beat everybody in the old Ohio Conference except Whittenberg. A lot has changed through the years.
Back to Top
  
greencat
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 1,299

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Kent St.
   Posted: 1/7/2022 10:28:47 PM 
No luck on Paramount Plus. Or ESPN+ Oh well.

Isn't Miles Brown's brother on the team? Why does he never play?

The Toledo game is on the 21st. Won't Miles be back by then?
Back to Top
  
et167807
General User

Member Since: 3/3/2018
Post Count: 16

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Kent St.
   Posted: 1/7/2022 11:07:38 PM 
greencat wrote:


Isn't Miles Brown's brother on the team? Why does he never play?



Michael Brown Jr is a preferred walk on with an academic scholarship. He plays at the end of games sometimes. He was not dressed tonight, I assume he was also out for covid protocol.

Back to Top
  
RSBobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/22/2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 4,218

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Kent St.
   Posted: 1/7/2022 11:12:33 PM 
Miles will be back as soon as past Covid protocols and tests - could be by game vs BGSUCKS - But not likely

I am concerned about Covid and potential upcoming impacts on the team and/or specific players. The mask requirement compliance in the Convo, and OU, and Athens is a total joke. What irks me most is those who sit right next to the bench and team as I do. Why By Intention Create Added Risk to the team????? There are some who mask but Multiple who do not. I had my K95 on thru the game except when munching on popcorn or occasional sip on a drink. And since low attendance made space between myself and some others.

And while at it - The Rohr Room - Great ventilation and and space in there eh? And a Bunch w/no masks....


RS Bobcat

Back to Top
  
Kurt R Montle
General User

Member Since: 1/7/2022
Post Count: 1

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Kent St.
   Posted: 1/7/2022 11:32:57 PM 
This is an endemic. If you are not comfortable then donít attend. Go Bobcats!
Back to Top
  
RSBobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/22/2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 4,218

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Kent St.
   Posted: 1/7/2022 11:50:45 PM 
Kurt R Montle wrote:
This is an endemic. If you are not comfortable then donít attend. Go Bobcats!


I assume you mean "pandemic"...

I am pretty comfortable attending while following spread mitigation protocols and very clearly announced policies (masks, distancing, sanitizing).

I am not comfortable with attendees, especially those right next to the bench and team, not following mitigation practice protocols (or in the tight confines of the Rohr Room).

How about this? If you are not willing to comply with protocols and practices in the best interest of others (the team, other Bobcats fans, etc.) - "Then don't attend" - ???




RS Bobcat

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 8,083

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Kent St.
   Posted: 1/8/2022 7:37:14 AM 
RSBobcat wrote:
Kurt R Montle wrote:
This is an endemic. If you are not comfortable then donít attend. Go Bobcats!


I assume you mean "pandemic"...

I am pretty comfortable attending while following spread mitigation protocols and very clearly announced policies (masks, distancing, sanitizing).

I am not comfortable with attendees, especially those right next to the bench and team, not following mitigation practice protocols (or in the tight confines of the Rohr Room).

How about this? If you are not willing to comply with protocols and practices in the best interest of others (the team, other Bobcats fans, etc.) - "Then don't attend" - ???





So, you obviously not a fan of the coaches not wearing one.
Back to Top
  
cbarber357
General User

Member Since: 9/9/2012
Location: Pickerington, OH
Post Count: 665

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Kent St.
   Posted: 1/8/2022 8:09:34 AM 
RSBobcat wrote:
Miles will be back as soon as past Covid protocols and tests - could be by game vs BGSUCKS - But not likely

I am concerned about Covid and potential upcoming impacts on the team and/or specific players. The mask requirement compliance in the Convo, and OU, and Athens is a total joke. What irks me most is those who sit right next to the bench and team as I do. Why By Intention Create Added Risk to the team????? There are some who mask but Multiple who do not. I had my K95 on thru the game except when munching on popcorn or occasional sip on a drink. And since low attendance made space between myself and some others.

And while at it - The Rohr Room - Great ventilation and and space in there eh? And a Bunch w/no masks....



If you think Athens is bad about enforcing mask mandates, you must not be going anywhere. Outside of maybe parts of Columbus, Athens is by far the most consistently masked up place Iíve been in the past year.
Back to Top
  
Mike Johnson
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: North Canton, OH
Post Count: 1,622

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Kent St.
   Posted: 1/8/2022 8:44:03 AM 
cbarber357 wrote:
RSBobcat wrote:
Miles will be back as soon as past Covid protocols and tests - could be by game vs BGSUCKS - But not likely

I am concerned about Covid and potential upcoming impacts on the team and/or specific players. The mask requirement compliance in the Convo, and OU, and Athens is a total joke. What irks me most is those who sit right next to the bench and team as I do. Why By Intention Create Added Risk to the team????? There are some who mask but Multiple who do not. I had my K95 on thru the game except when munching on popcorn or occasional sip on a drink. And since low attendance made space between myself and some others.

And while at it - The Rohr Room - Great ventilation and and space in there eh? And a Bunch w/no masks....



If you think Athens is bad about enforcing mask mandates, you must not be going anywhere. Outside of maybe parts of Columbus, Athens is by far the most consistently masked up place Iíve been in the past year.



Have you flown during the pandemic? I have - about 12 trips, meaning 30 or so flights. I have felt safer in airports and aboard planes than in my neighborhood food store, pharmacy, etc. Btw, in November 2020 I began double masking.


http://www.facebook.com/mikejohnson.author

Back to Top
  
Good cat Good cat
General User

Member Since: 12/23/2004
Post Count: 117

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Kent St.
   Posted: 1/8/2022 9:27:02 AM 
I triple mask
Back to Top
  
The Optimist
General User



Member Since: 3/16/2007
Location: CLE
Post Count: 5,418

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Kent St.
   Posted: 1/8/2022 9:35:21 AM 
Good cat Good cat wrote:
I triple mask


I refuse to drink water or eat popcorn in the Convo so I don't have to lower my triple mask and potentially infect the team with COVID

You can't be too careful these days


I've seen crazier things happen.

Back to Top
  
cbus cat fan
General User

Member Since: 12/2/2011
Post Count: 1,152

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Kent St.
   Posted: 1/8/2022 11:04:10 AM 
Good cat Good cat wrote:
I triple mask


This is parody right? You do realize the Omicron variant is on the same level as a typical cold and flu. The science tells us that the latter waves of a pandemic everyone has to get it before it ends. You do know that right? You can't hide from a virus, no matter how many booster shots, masks etc you wear. This is what happened during the Spanish flu. You do realize that right? NYC and all the Big Blue areas have higher rates of vaccination and maske compliance rates than rural Ohio (where no one ever wore a mask) and yet all of these blue areas have higher rates of infection than rural areas.

I am vaccinated and have to travel a lot, go to crowded schools, attend games in packed gyms where no one wears a mask etc. I don't hide in my basement, I live life as best I can. There is a political reckoning coming against this endless pandemic madness, which is why President Biden is changing his tune and saying we are going to have to get use to it. I imagine the reason the State of the Union is March 1st and not in January or February is because he is going to say it is time to move on and leave this madness behind us.
Back to Top
  
MonroeClassmate
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2010
Post Count: 1,585

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Kent St.
   Posted: 1/8/2022 11:20:51 AM 
Listened to the game and Boals comments afterwards.

I admire Kent's grit. Being down 15 at the half and facing a guy who is burning the joint down with bombs must have taken some good half time adjustments and explanation of what the Kent players needed to do to get back into it.

Boals said that he told his guys they needed to be ready for Kent's likely new approach of some or all of the following: press, trap, try and speed OHIO up to force errors, to have active hands and play aggressive defense. Kent was short handed too and having to fight back from 15 down to 2 down had to take lots of effort.

Kent's effort didn't pay off this time because the Bobcats had enough left in their tank to hold on for the victory. But perhaps the Flashes will use the lesson to get better and well, I'll be going to the Bobcats game in Kent to see how the road game turns out.

Fun times.
Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,993

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Kent St.
   Posted: 1/8/2022 11:30:01 AM 
cbus cat fan wrote:
This is parody right? You do realize the Omicron variant is on the same level as a typical cold and flu. The science tells us that the latter waves of a pandemic everyone has to get it before it ends. You do know that right? You can't hide from a virus, no matter how many booster shots, masks etc you wear. This is what happened during the Spanish flu. You do realize that right? NYC and all the Big Blue areas have higher rates of vaccination and maske compliance rates than rural Ohio (where no one ever wore a mask) and yet all of these blue areas have higher rates of infection than rural areas.

I am vaccinated and have to travel a lot, go to crowded schools, attend games in packed gyms where no one wears a mask etc. I don't hide in my basement, I live life as best I can. There is a political reckoning coming against this endless pandemic madness, which is why President Biden is changing his tune and saying we are going to have to get use to it. I imagine the reason the State of the Union is March 1st and not in January or February is because he is going to say it is time to move on and leave this madness behind us.


Sounds like one of the many Trumpers who have turned on their demagogue in the past couple of weeks because he has stated that he has been vaccinated and boosted and that "it works.":

Last Edited: 1/8/2022 11:30:13 AM by bobcatsquared

Back to Top
  
cbus cat fan

  Message Deleted  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Kent St.
   Posted: 1/8/2022 12:09:08 PM 
This Message was Deleted at 1/8/2022 11:30:28 PM
Back to Top
El Gato Roberto
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Illinois
Post Count: 944

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Kent St.
   Posted: 1/8/2022 12:15:32 PM 
I felt the same way about this latest waveÖbut my view has been sobered when I attended an online funeral for a vaxxed and boosted family friend who died this week. It made me realize that my Overconfidence is not protection.


"The name's Ohio University, but everybody calls me Ohio. Any of you guys call me Ohio U, and I'll kill you."

Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,993

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Kent St.
   Posted: 1/8/2022 12:17:45 PM 
Actually was out of the basement last night as my son and I and made the drive down to Athens to meet a college buddy for dinner and Ohio v Kent game in the Convo. Notwithstanding, thanks for your concern.
Back to Top
  
cbus cat fan
General User

Member Since: 12/2/2011
Post Count: 1,152

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Kent St.
   Posted: 1/8/2022 1:12:26 PM 
bobcatsquared wrote:
Actually was out of the basement last night as my son and I and made the drive down to Athens to meet a college buddy for dinner and Ohio v Kent game in the Convo. Notwithstanding, thanks for your concern.


Glad to hear it, we have to enjoy life while we can, tomorrow is not promised to us.
Back to Top
  
greencat

  Message Deleted  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Kent St.
   Posted: 1/8/2022 9:34:05 PM 
This Message was Deleted at 1/8/2022 11:29:10 PM
Back to Top
JSF
General User



Member Since: 1/29/2005
Location: Houston, TX
Post Count: 6,074

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Kent St.
   Posted: 1/10/2022 12:50:44 PM 
Kurt R Montle wrote:
This is an endemic. If you are not comfortable then donít attend. Go Bobcats!


Dude made an account to say this.


"Loyalty to a hometown or city is fleeting and interchangeable, but college is a stamp of identity."- Kyle Whelliston, One Beautiful Season.

My blog about depression and mental illness: https://bit.ly/3buGXH8

Back to Top
  
spongeBOB CATpants
General User



Member Since: 8/16/2016
Post Count: 525

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 14 Thread: Kent St.
   Posted: 1/10/2022 1:46:07 PM 
JSF wrote:
Kurt R Montle wrote:
This is an endemic. If you are not comfortable then donít attend. Go Bobcats!


Dude made an account to say this.


LOL is that surprising? I'm sure this is not dude's only anonymous online account.
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  51 - 75  of 80 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4    Next >
View Other 'General Ohio University Discussion/Alumni Events' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             







Copyright ©2022 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties