Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
General Ohio University Discussion/Alumni Events
Topic:  RE: Bobcats on the National news

Topic:  RE: Bobcats on the National news
Author
Message
OrlandoCat
General User

Member Since: 3/15/2005
Location: United States
Post Count: 336

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/23/2020 9:04:34 PM 
3 things I will comment on in this thread:

1) Sanders is not a socialist, you look very dumb when you say things like this. There are several countries that we consider our peers that have some form of the policies that Sanders is proposing. None of them are socialist. If you’re truly against socialism, I trust you will be ripping up your social security card, and denying any and all benefits there of. You also refuse to have medical insurance of any kind, or invest in a mutual fund or ETF, since they all rely on a pooling of resources to serve their primary functions. The belief that there are certain things in this world shouldn’t be run by for-profit institutions doesn’t mean you believe in pure unabashed socialism.

It almost makes me roll my eyes just as hard as when people claimed Obama was coming for their guns. I still think that Obama rolling up to people’s houses in the presidential limo to take their guns is the single greatest missed reality tv show opportunity ever however.

2) Most people can name the first three presidents. The point is, if you’re walking somewhere thinking about your TCOM test you have in 45 mins and suddenly somebody puts a mic in your face and asks you a random question with the camera rolling; the random ‘uhh’ you stammer out is what is going to be shown on the video to make you look dumb. Even if 99/100 people got it right, you’re going to see a bunch of blank expressions edited together so, in this case, a bunch of ‘conservative’ viewers can feel superior to the ‘liberal’ college students.

If you take the time to watch any of Katlin Bennett’s content, you’ll see that by and large she says inflammatory things to try and get a reaction. Even in the OU videos you can see her telling black students that she too is black because ‘if you can change your gender, you can change your race’.

3) The College Republicans have been and continue to be one of the largest student groups at OU. I seriously doubt any of them fear for their lives because they are on a ‘liberal’ campus. Sometimes people are protesting the person, and not necessarily their ideas.

Last Edited: 2/23/2020 9:10:18 PM by OrlandoCat

Back to Top
  
Robert Fox
General User

Member Since: 11/16/2004
Location: Knoxville, TN
Post Count: 2,039

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/24/2020 8:21:38 AM 
Sanders will be surprised to learn this.
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 10,693

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/24/2020 12:38:15 PM 
Robert Fox wrote:
Sanders will be surprised to learn this.


Well, according to NBC, he's trying to backtrack on, or at least not comment on, his previous statements supporting the governments of Cuba, Nicaragua, and the U.S.S.R. The Democratic primary is certainly interesting to watch. It's reality TV on steroids.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/will-sande...

Last Edited: 2/24/2020 12:41:41 PM by OhioCatFan


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 1,536

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/24/2020 1:14:47 PM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
Robert Fox wrote:
Sanders will be surprised to learn this.


Well, according to NBC, he's trying to backtrack on, or at least not comment on, his previous statements supporting the governments of Cuba, Nicaragua, and the U.S.S.R. The Democratic primary is certainly interesting to watch. It's reality TV on steroids.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/will-sande...



I wonder if anybody has ever elected an actual reality TV star to office. Would be pretty funny.

People who voted for said reality TV star definitely wouldn't be able to make fun of the other party as "reality TV" for at least a year.

Last Edited: 2/24/2020 1:16:31 PM by Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame

Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 10,693

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/24/2020 1:25:14 PM 
 

Last Edited: 2/24/2020 1:29:57 PM by OhioCatFan


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 10,693

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/24/2020 1:43:08 PM 
test


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 10,693

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/24/2020 1:56:54 PM 
The link above is wrong.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 1,536

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/24/2020 4:18:27 PM 
Yes, those two things are exactly equivalent.

On the one hand, we have you, a person who actually voted for a reality tv star to be President of the United States getting called out for using "reality tv" in a derogatory way to describe candidates running against the actual reality tv star.

On the other, we have a guy on MSNBC saying something stupid.

Totally understand why you'd reply to one with the other. They're exactly the same.
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 10,693

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/25/2020 3:54:33 PM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
Yes, those two things are exactly equivalent.

On the one hand, we have you, a person who actually voted for a reality tv star to be President of the United States getting called out for using "reality tv" in a derogatory way to describe candidates running against the actual reality tv star.

On the other, we have a guy on MSNBC saying something stupid.

Totally understand why you'd reply to one with the other. They're exactly the same.


As I said, I posted the wrong video. Somehow it locked the thread, and Ryan had to delete that entry. That was my fault. The video that I meant to link to was one where Brian Williams said that NBC had given Trump his training ground for reality TV, and in a strange way could take what in his mind was dubious credit for Trump becoming president. I thought it kind of ironically funny. That being said, I never actually watched the Apprentice so I have no personal knowledge of exactly what that program was all about. However, I did watch the most recent Democratic debate and to me that was really good entertainment. As with most of these debates -- primary or general election -- it was low on substance. Many of them are also low on entertainment value. This one I thought was quite interesting from an entertainment standpoint and and appeared to me to be good reality TV, though admittedly I've had almost no prior exposure to genre. Sorry if my use of that term offended you. That was not my intent. I was actually trying to make a humorous point.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 1,536

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 2/25/2020 4:03:24 PM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
Yes, those two things are exactly equivalent.

On the one hand, we have you, a person who actually voted for a reality tv star to be President of the United States getting called out for using "reality tv" in a derogatory way to describe candidates running against the actual reality tv star.

On the other, we have a guy on MSNBC saying something stupid.

Totally understand why you'd reply to one with the other. They're exactly the same.


As I said, I posted the wrong video. Somehow it locked the thread, and Ryan had to delete that entry. That was my fault. The video that I meant to link to was one where Brian Williams said that NBC had given Trump his training ground for reality TV, and in a strange way could take what in his mind was dubious credit for Trump becoming president. I thought it kind of ironically funny. That being said, I never actually watched the Apprentice so I have no personal knowledge of exactly what that program was all about. However, I did watch the most recent Democratic debate and to me that was really good entertainment. As with most of these debates -- primary or general election -- it was low on substance. Many of them are also low on entertainment value. This one I thought was quite interesting from an entertainment standpoint and and appeared to me to be good reality TV, though admittedly I've had almost no prior exposure to genre. Sorry if my use of that term offended you. That was not my intent. I was actually trying to make a humorous point.


Got it. And no worries, no offense taken. I was just confused because the response to my joke about reality TV seemed so unrelated (because it was the wrong video).

Back to Top
  
OUVan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Bethesda, MD
Post Count: 5,158

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Bobcats on the National news
   Posted: 3/2/2020 3:17:40 PM 
Andrew Ruck wrote:
This is going to being a whopper of a thread...

Just imagine for a second that those who oppose her chose to ignore her. She gets out of her van and rolls the camera only to show her standing around alone. That would be way more powerful than this embarrassing reaction.


Agreed. She got exactly what she was hoping for and got to play the victim. Ignoring her would have been the way to go. That being said the left is just as guilty at this type of behavior. There were numerous incidents of people causing scenes at Trump's speeches. Basically picking a fight and then getting to act shocked and faux-horrified when they were confronted.

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  101 - 111  of 111 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
View Other 'General Ohio University Discussion/Alumni Events' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



Copyright ©2020 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties