Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
General Ohio University Discussion/Alumni Events
Topic:  RE: How many will kneel at 1:00 today?

Topic:  RE: How many will kneel at 1:00 today?
Author
Message
Robert Fox
General User

Member Since: 11/16/2004
Location: Knoxville, TN
Post Count: 2,039

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: How many will kneel at 1:00 today?
   Posted: 1/26/2018 1:37:33 PM 
Hiding.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 1,584

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: How many will kneel at 1:00 today?
   Posted: 1/26/2018 1:41:29 PM 
Robert Fox wrote:
I didn't know you were the judge.


Apologize for trying to calm things down here and have a rational conversation. Your way of handling this is definitely better though.
Back to Top
  
Robert Fox
General User

Member Since: 11/16/2004
Location: Knoxville, TN
Post Count: 2,039

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: How many will kneel at 1:00 today?
   Posted: 1/26/2018 1:42:45 PM 
You wouldn't know rational if it bit you on the ass. You are the most partisan hack on this site and work to continually stir the pot. Now you want to present yourself as the great moderator. Right.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 1,584

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: How many will kneel at 1:00 today?
   Posted: 1/26/2018 1:44:51 PM 
Robert Fox wrote:
You wouldn't know rational if it bit you on the ass. You are the most partisan hack on this site and work to continually stir the pot. Now you want to present yourself as the great moderator. Right.


As usual, you're welcome to address the substance of my posts anytime you'd like. Always happy to have a conversation, as I do with many people here without issue.

In the meantime, have fun picking a literal fight on the internet with a stranger whilst accusing others of irrationality.

Last Edited: 1/26/2018 1:45:20 PM by Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,355

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: How many will kneel at 1:00 today?
   Posted: 1/26/2018 1:45:47 PM 
Just let it go Robert, you've had a problem for years, trying to be a big bad bully is not going to work. We get it, now go back to reading your latest issue of the Crusader.
Back to Top
  
Robert Fox
General User

Member Since: 11/16/2004
Location: Knoxville, TN
Post Count: 2,039

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: How many will kneel at 1:00 today?
   Posted: 1/26/2018 1:46:43 PM 
Still hiding, Billy.
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,355

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: How many will kneel at 1:00 today?
   Posted: 1/26/2018 1:56:51 PM 
Robert Fox wrote:
Still hiding, Billy.


Give it up, I mean do you feel big and bad telling people how you are going to beat them up on an internet message board? Then spreading your vile to others? You've been watching too much Alex Jones, and are feeling awfully brave.
Back to Top
  
Robert Fox
General User

Member Since: 11/16/2004
Location: Knoxville, TN
Post Count: 2,039

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: How many will kneel at 1:00 today?
   Posted: 1/26/2018 2:25:02 PM 
I never said a word about beating anyone up. That's another area of difficulty for you. Basic reading comprehension.

I did challenge you to come out from behind your screen name. And I did ask you if you'd be man enough to be an a-hole to my face. You then started in with the bad-ass stuff.

It's all still there, Billy. Check it out if you're capable.

And do remember, I wouldn't even be responding at all if you didn't start this whole thing by being a d-bag. Then you and your buddy want to make this about me. Brilliant, the both of you.

Last Edited: 1/26/2018 2:27:04 PM by Robert Fox

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,355

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: How many will kneel at 1:00 today?
   Posted: 1/26/2018 2:34:09 PM 
Robert Fox wrote:
I never said a word about beating anyone up. That's another area of difficulty for you. Basic reading comprehension.

I did challenge you to come out from behind your screen name. And I did ask you if you'd be man enough to be an a-hole to my face. You then started in with the bad-ass stuff.

It's all still there, Billy. Check it out if you're capable.

And do remember, I wouldn't even be responding at all if you didn't start this whole thing by being a d-bag. Then you and your buddy want to make this about me. Brilliant, the both of you.


I'm here any day. Please approach me and ask me, and I'd be happy to tell you how I feel. Ball is in your court. Put up or shut up, and clearly, I am not the only one here who took your words as a threat.....
Back to Top
  
mid70sbobcat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 402

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: How many will kneel at 1:00 today?
   Posted: 1/26/2018 2:42:12 PM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
At this point, Trump and/or people very close to him are either guilty of collusion, or Trump is just the biggest idiot alive. There's really no other possibilities.

If he's NOT guilty of anything, he -- for no reason at all, with nothing to hide -- asked Comey for loyalty, asked him to drop the Flynn probe, and then fired Comey. He followed that up by pressuring Sessions not to recuse and pressuring Sessions to fire McCabe. He then pressured Coats, Rogers, Pompeo & multiple congressmen to say he wasn’t under FBI investigation. And tried to fire Mueller and only failed because his counsel threatened to resign before he'd follow those orders.

Not to mention, he's waged a war in the media against the FBI and has made a concerted effort to convince America to no longer trust law enforcement or the media.

If you're truly innocent and still bumble your way through this investigation that badly? You're an idiot, and there's really no denying it.

But good news: Hannity's leading with a story about Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch speaking to each other on the tarmac. So he's on the case.


I bet Bobby Fox could defend this and do so in his best Shawn Hannity voice



I read this thread now and then for a laugh ....

but your post here is as 'classless' as any in quite a while.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 1,584

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: How many will kneel at 1:00 today?
   Posted: 1/26/2018 2:44:56 PM 
Edit: Honestly, not worth it. So nevermind.

Last Edited: 1/26/2018 2:47:11 PM by Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame

Back to Top
  
cc-cat
General User

Member Since: 4/5/2006
Location: matthews, NC
Post Count: 3,048

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: How many will kneel at 1:00 today?
   Posted: 1/27/2018 9:40:11 AM 
An honest question for folks. I’m not looking for an argument, not just comments from Shame, BTC, etc. I’m looking to truly understand how people can feel this way. I understand agreeing with his policy and appreciating his appointment of judges, but embracing his moral compass and feeling he is a role model for kids? Really. Per Quinnipiac:

72% of Republicans think Trump is a good role model for their children
82% of Republicans think he shares their values (which I can understand if interpreted as “political values”)
80% of Republicans feel he provides the country good moral leadership

The first and third numbers are just stunning. And as the article points out, “but Clinton” is not a relevant response.

Again I’m not looking for a back and forth, and suspect many/most/all on this site may also disagree with the results (not as fake news - fwiw Quinnipiac is highly respected, but personally do not share these feelings). But vast majority of republicans do. Can those who lean R explain how this can be? Comment or PM me if you’d prefer. I’m truly doing this to try to better understand (and move beyond any type of “fake news” or “you need to watch more than MSN response).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/republicans-redef...

Last Edited: 1/27/2018 9:49:22 AM by cc-cat

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,355

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: How many will kneel at 1:00 today?
   Posted: 1/27/2018 12:21:36 PM 
cc-cat wrote:
An honest question for folks. I’m not looking for an argument, not just comments from Shame, BTC, etc. I’m looking to truly understand how people can feel this way. I understand agreeing with his policy and appreciating his appointment of judges, but embracing his moral compass and feeling he is a role model for kids? Really. Per Quinnipiac:

72% of Republicans think Trump is a good role model for their children
82% of Republicans think he shares their values (which I can understand if interpreted as “political values”)
80% of Republicans feel he provides the country good moral leadership

The first and third numbers are just stunning. And as the article points out, “but Clinton” is not a relevant response.

Again I’m not looking for a back and forth, and suspect many/most/all on this site may also disagree with the results (not as fake news - fwiw Quinnipiac is highly respected, but personally do not share these feelings). But vast majority of republicans do. Can those who lean R explain how this can be? Comment or PM me if you’d prefer. I’m truly doing this to try to better understand (and move beyond any type of “fake news” or “you need to watch more than MSN response).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/republicans-redef...


Exactly, however, many outwardly support his moral compass and believe that the 1,000’s of lawsuits, inventions, and claims are all bogus by those seeking a quick buck.
Back to Top
  
Kevin Finnegan
General User

Member Since: 2/4/2005
Location: Rockton, IL
Post Count: 748

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: How many will kneel at 1:00 today?
   Posted: 1/27/2018 1:26:56 PM 
My parents are right-leaning, my in-laws are right-leaning, and I live in a heavily Republican area. However, it is hard for me to find a single person around that outwardly supports the president. Some of the legislation or actions, yes. The man, no. However, I believe that many of those same people that do not support him outwardly would likely vote for him again. Policy over morality, I'd assume.

I think there is likely one (maybe two) candidates that could win over some of their votes outside of the Republican party. Those would likely be Michael Bloomberg (though his stance on guns would scare many) and Joe Biden, who is quite relatable to the working-class and middle-class.
Back to Top
  
akroncat
General User

Member Since: 7/23/2010
Location: Akron, OH
Post Count: 172

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: How many will kneel at 1:00 today?
   Posted: 1/27/2018 2:24:49 PM 
I have been reading this thread for all 26 pages. For the record, my name is Tom Peltier and I live in Akron. I have two degrees from Ohio in 71 and 73, both in Chemical Engineering. I have been reluctant to jumping in because there are so many Trump haters on this.

I would like to somewhat respond to the reasonable question about how Republicans see Trump.

Being an engineer, I am very fiscally conservative and am much more of a black or white person. Grey will get you killed when engineering something. I have been a Republican for a long time. Trump was not my first pick, but anybody but Obama would have my vote. I grew up in a farming area and we had many guns and almost everybody was a Democrat. Now everybody is a Republican. What changed? Morals. This is still almost a 100% Catholic area founded by legal German and French immigrants. When I look what was accepted in the 60's and what Hollywood brings today, it is beyond imagination.

What do I think of Trump? His policies well get him elected again if the economy keeps rolling along. Look at your 401k's the next time you hate Trump. I am not a fan of his tweets, his many marriages and many other things, but he is leading like a Republican. By the way it was interesting how the local papers put the article about Hillary's spiritual director on the back pages. It was recommended he be fired in 2008 for sexual harassment but she refused.

My son is a Republican and my daughter a Democrat. I don't think my grandchildren have a chance until they get older. In school they are literally brainwashed these days. Nothing from teachers is ever positive about Trump only negative just like the media.

I guess we old white guys will just have to hope for the best when we are gone.

One reason I haven't added to this thread is the deep hatred expressed in comments. Calling someone Bobby when he is willing to give is name as Robert is extremely insulting. I just can't believe how Obama did nothing wrong but Trump is many times compared to Hilter.

For those who may think I am some type of racist, I am involved with a Catholic charity that visits those in need in the city of Akron. We ask no questions about morals or past problems. We help no matter what your race, creed, sexual preference or color is. I spend many hours each week doing this because I want the children to succeed and everyone have a job. Until all are working and off the government dole, we will never overcome poverty.

Blast away. I enjoy a good discussion.
Back to Top
  
cc-cat
General User

Member Since: 4/5/2006
Location: matthews, NC
Post Count: 3,048

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: How many will kneel at 1:00 today?
   Posted: 1/27/2018 3:08:45 PM 
No blast - just the question above - given the Republican party is about morals - as that is what changed folks in your home area to Republicans - how can 80% say Trump is a role model for our children and provides a good moral compass for the country? The question was specifically about the man, not the policies. I appreciate the "ends justify the means" to many - but we are talking person, not policy. And the survey gave amply opportunity for respondents to rate Trump and overall job, good for country, leadership, etc. So clear ability yo separate policy and accomplishments from person and morals - but Republicans still waved the Trump moral flag.

FYI - yes, my 401K is doing great - even better then in the years under Obama - even though those were strong years as well. Unfortunately most do not have investments.

Last Edited: 1/27/2018 3:18:49 PM by cc-cat

Back to Top
  
akroncat
General User

Member Since: 7/23/2010
Location: Akron, OH
Post Count: 172

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: How many will kneel at 1:00 today?
   Posted: 1/27/2018 3:40:51 PM 
Remember this is an almost all Catholic area. People feel that Democrats abandoned them on abortion. These were farmers and blue collar workers, prime Democrats in the old days. I actually think Hollywood has hurt Democrats in middle America. If Hollywood is for it, we are against it. Trump's message to those in middle America hit home. I am not saying Obama was bad for the middle America, it just seemed he cared a whole lot more for Hollywood and the left coasts than middle America.

Again, I am not a big Trump fan. But when you talk morals, do think Hollywood is any better?
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,355

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: How many will kneel at 1:00 today?
   Posted: 1/27/2018 4:06:12 PM 
If you are truly catholic and voting based on morals the entire Trump thing makes zero sense. If you are voting on the stock market and your 401K, from 2009 to 2017 the market more than doubled, so you did not actually not fare well them. The unemployment numbers have been a consistent 7 year improvement, while the numbers of those who have left the workforce are continually rising. The GDP, is not at the promised 3% and a new study of 333 companies who employ over 1,000 employees says they will not use the tax break to raise salaries.

Then let’s go to the moral side, this is a man who’s asked women to have abortions, who bangs porn stars, who’s had multiple affairs and has been the subject of multiple harassment claims, some still in court.

Let’s go to business side of things; multiple bankruptcies, can only get loans from banks with mob ties or straight up mobsters. Or maybe lets talk about his honesty, which BA does not have the server space to document all the lies.
Back to Top
  
cc-cat
General User

Member Since: 4/5/2006
Location: matthews, NC
Post Count: 3,048

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: How many will kneel at 1:00 today?
   Posted: 1/27/2018 4:55:58 PM 
Akron - I too was raised Catholic (left for personal reasons), so appreciate many can be single issue (abortion) driven. The survey was not "versus" Hollywood or Obama, it was Trump the person - not policy. Still struggle with 4 to of 5 saying Trump the man is a role model for our children and provides an appropriate moral compass for our country. I get the ends justify the means - but that isn't what the survey explored. As the point of comparison, Dems applauded Bill Clinton's ends, but acknowledge in this same survey the man and his morals.

Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 6,056

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: How many will kneel at 1:00 today?
   Posted: 1/28/2018 11:05:01 AM 
Tom's comments on Catholics in Summit County are interesting. This link breaks it down:

http://www.city-data.com/county/religion/Summit-County-OH...

That said and to answer the question, the extreme polarization of our society leads to the figures that you have quoted cc. Take the last election in Alabama, how many times did you hear people say "but I just can't vote for a Democrat."

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/07/31/...

Additionally, and I can't find the quote that illustrates this, but when things become so common, they go without notice and become unremarkable. Speeding is one of those. Look how many posters have bragged on here about how quickly they can drive from their respecivet homes to a game in Athens. Another example is the express aisle (15 items) at Kroger. People routinely push 20 and 25 items through there. Granted, those are to some inconsequential transgressions but they have become inconsequential because so many people do them that they become accepted.

And finally, you still have the residual Hillary hatred and a desire to repudiate all things Obama. What amazes me is that as this poll probably shows, these feelings often come from what you and I would call intelligent people.
Back to Top
  
akroncat
General User

Member Since: 7/23/2010
Location: Akron, OH
Post Count: 172

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: How many will kneel at 1:00 today?
   Posted: 1/28/2018 12:42:57 PM 
Al, I want to make sure you understand that I grew up in western Ohio west of I-75. That is the area where I was talking about being almost all Catholic and I think they voted over 80% for Trump.

A lot of people did not care for Obama, but if you said anything you were a racist. It was his policies that I disagreed with, not his race or him as an individual.
Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 6,056

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: How many will kneel at 1:00 today?
   Posted: 1/28/2018 1:05:27 PM 
akroncat wrote:
Al, I want to make sure you understand that I grew up in western Ohio west of I-75. That is the area where I was talking about being almost all Catholic and I think they voted over 80% for Trump.

A lot of people did not care for Obama, but if you said anything you were a racist. It was his policies that I disagreed with, not his race or him as an individual.


Thanks for clarifying Tom. Having grown up in Akron, I was having a bit of difficulty reconciling your point. Here's another interesting map on the election - where it was lost and won.

https://www.cnbc.com/heres-a-map-of-the-us-counties-that-... /
Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 1,584

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: How many will kneel at 1:00 today?
   Posted: 1/28/2018 2:12:27 PM 
akroncat wrote:


One reason I haven't added to this thread is the deep hatred expressed in comments. Calling someone Bobby when he is willing to give is name as Robert is extremely insulting. I just can't believe how Obama did nothing wrong but Trump is many times compared to


Respectfully, there are literal Nazis, with swastika armbands, German chants, torches, and the works marching in support of Trump. He has, whether purposefully or because he's a blundering fool, done a very poor job of officially denouncing them. Which is to say, generally if you don't want to be compared to Nazis, you should consider policies that don't make Nazis so pleased.

In other words, 100 % of Trump supporters aren't racists and Nazis, but 100% of racists and Nazis support Trump. Why is that? And more to the point, why aren't rational, moral conservatives doing more to clean house within their party?

It strikes me as really strange to make the point that liberals overreact and call Trump Hitler, while literal Nazis March in favor of Trump.

So many conservatives here are clearly annoyed by being labelled racist by the left. That's fair. I certainly don't think any of you are racists. But there's cause and effect at work here.

Last Edited: 1/28/2018 2:20:30 PM by Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,355

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: How many will kneel at 1:00 today?
   Posted: 1/28/2018 2:30:17 PM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
akroncat wrote:


One reason I haven't added to this thread is the deep hatred expressed in comments. Calling someone Bobby when he is willing to give is name as Robert is extremely insulting. I just can't believe how Obama did nothing wrong but Trump is many times compared to


Respectfully, there are literal Nazis, with swastika armbands, German chants, torches, and the works marching in support of Trump. He has, whether purposefully or because he's a blundering fool, done a very poor job of officially denouncing them. Which is to say, generally if you don't want to be compared to Nazis, you should consider policies that don't make Nazis so pleased.

In other words, 100 % of Trump supporters aren't racists and Nazis, but 100% of racists and Nazis support Trump. Why is that? And more to the point, why aren't rational, moral conservatives doing more to clean house within their party?

It strikes me as really strange to make the point that liberals overreact and call Trump Hitler, while literal Nazis March in favor of Trump.

So many conservatives here are clearly annoyed by being labelled racist by the left. That's fair. I certainly don't think any of you are racists. But there's cause and effect at work here.


Bingo!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-...
Back to Top
  
Deciduous Forest Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Ohio
Post Count: 3,701

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: How many will kneel at 1:00 today?
   Posted: 1/29/2018 9:56:14 AM 
akroncat wrote:
Remember this is an almost all Catholic area. People feel that Democrats abandoned them on abortion. These were farmers and blue collar workers, prime Democrats in the old days. I actually think Hollywood has hurt Democrats in middle America. If Hollywood is for it, we are against it. Trump's message to those in middle America hit home. I am not saying Obama was bad for the middle America, it just seemed he cared a whole lot more for Hollywood and the left coasts than middle America.

Again, I am not a big Trump fan. But when you talk morals, do think Hollywood is any better?


yes. Trump has no morals and republicans don't care about anyone or anything further than their own short term bottom line. When republicans talk about morals, I just shake my head. It's like when republicans talk about fiscal responsibility. You have NO credibility on the subject of morals or fiscal responsibility. ZERO. So, while PEOPLE on both sides are flawed, very flawed in many cases, the hypocrisy of those on the right is absolutely stunning.

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  626 - 650  of 700 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28    Next >
View Other 'General Ohio University Discussion/Alumni Events' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



Copyright ©2020 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties