Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Football
Topic:  RE: Rourke 2019

Topic:  RE: Rourke 2019
Author
Message
Mark Lembright '85
General User

Member Since: 8/22/2010
Location: Lyndhurst, OH
Post Count: 2,187

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Rourke 2019
   Posted: 2/1/2019 12:35:48 PM 
The thing I keep coming back to with Rourke is, is he the kind of QB that can take over a game when the chips are on the line? How does he react when his offensive line is average at best and he has no running game? Can he overcome those obstacles to lead his team to victory, i.e. can he carry the team on his back? I'm not sure he's that kind of QB. He's good, but great? Ummmm......
Back to Top
  
Buck.Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/21/2017
Post Count: 96

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Rourke 2019
   Posted: 2/1/2019 12:48:19 PM 
Mark Lembright '85 wrote:
The thing I keep coming back to with Rourke is, is he the kind of QB that can take over a game when the chips are on the line? How does he react when his offensive line is average at best and he has no running game? Can he overcome those obstacles to lead his team to victory, i.e. can he carry the team on his back? I'm not sure he's that kind of QB. He's good, but great? Ummmm......


Sounds like the 2019-2020 season.
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 9,614

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Rourke 2019
   Posted: 2/1/2019 12:55:47 PM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
OCF, not sure how you say Buck Cat has a reading issue. You clearly stated that Rourke was a Top10 QB in your opinion, hes simply asked for your list that you feel is better.


You apparently suffer from the same malady. Please read my post again.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Back to Top
  
Buck.Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/21/2017
Post Count: 96

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Rourke 2019
   Posted: 2/1/2019 1:03:52 PM 
OhioCatFan wrote:

You apparently suffer from the same malady. Please read my post again.


OhioCatFan wrote:
I think NR was one of the ten best QBs in the country last year


Go ahead and name your top ten.
Back to Top
  
bshot44
General User



Member Since: 2/12/2012
Post Count: 1,952

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Rourke 2019
   Posted: 2/1/2019 1:45:11 PM 
Buck.Cat wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:

You apparently suffer from the same malady. Please read my post again.


OhioCatFan wrote:
I think NR was one of the ten best QBs in the country last year


Go ahead and name your top ten.


I think Nathan is a really, really good MAC QB.

I'm not sure his skills translate to be one of the top ten QBs in the country, tho.

Off the top of my head ....

Trevor Lawrence - Clemson
Tua Tagliavoa - Bama
Kyler Murray - Oklahoma
Will Grier - WVU
Jake Frohm - UGA
Joe Burrow - LSU
Daniel Jones - Duke
Dwayne Haskins - O$U
Drew Lock - Mizzou
Ryan Finley - NC St
Clayton Thorson - Northwestern
Jarrett Stidham - Auburn
Trace McSorley - Penn St
Brett Rypien - Boise
Gardner Minshew - Wash St
Jake Browning - Washington
McKenzie Milton - UCF

That's 17 I would take over Rourke ... and there might be more if I dug.

And that's not to say, I don't love what he does for Ohio. But I think there needs to be some realistic goggles put on here.

He excels in OUr offense and against MAC competition. He struggled vs. UVa and played okay vs. UC. He's a really special college QB at the mid-major level.
Back to Top
  
Buck.Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/21/2017
Post Count: 96

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Rourke 2019
   Posted: 2/1/2019 3:40:31 PM 
bshot44 wrote:


I think Nathan is a really, really good MAC QB.

I'm not sure his skills translate to be one of the top ten QBs in the country, tho.

Off the top of my head ....

Trevor Lawrence - Clemson
Tua Tagliavoa - Bama
Kyler Murray - Oklahoma
Will Grier - WVU
Jake Frohm - UGA
Joe Burrow - LSU
Daniel Jones - Duke
Dwayne Haskins - O$U
Drew Lock - Mizzou
Ryan Finley - NC St
Clayton Thorson - Northwestern
Jarrett Stidham - Auburn
Trace McSorley - Penn St
Brett Rypien - Boise
Gardner Minshew - Wash St
Jake Browning - Washington
McKenzie Milton - UCF

That's 17 I would take over Rourke ... and there might be more if I dug.

And that's not to say, I don't love what he does for Ohio. But I think there needs to be some realistic goggles put on here.

He excels in OUr offense and against MAC competition. He struggled vs. UVa and played okay vs. UC. He's a really special college QB at the mid-major level.


I'd add Herbert from Oregon, Ehlinger from Texas, King from Houston, and Book from Notre Dame.

Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 2,459

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Rourke 2019
   Posted: 2/1/2019 3:48:26 PM 
Buck.Cat wrote:
I'd add Herbert from Oregon, Ehlinger from Texas, King from Houston, and Book from Notre Dame.


You're too kind, buckcat, complimenting a Notre Dame athlete.
Back to Top
  
Mark Lembright '85
General User

Member Since: 8/22/2010
Location: Lyndhurst, OH
Post Count: 2,187

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Rourke 2019
   Posted: 2/1/2019 4:34:05 PM 
Buck.Cat wrote:
Mark Lembright '85 wrote:
The thing I keep coming back to with Rourke is, is he the kind of QB that can take over a game when the chips are on the line? How does he react when his offensive line is average at best and he has no running game? Can he overcome those obstacles to lead his team to victory, i.e. can he carry the team on his back? I'm not sure he's that kind of QB. He's good, but great? Ummmm......


Sounds like the 2019-2020 season.


Could be. I think the offensive line will eventually be pretty good but will need time to jell together. And that will have a material impact on the running and passing game early in the season (nuggets, I'm dishing nuggets here!). A 2-2 OOC record is about what I expect. But the talent is there on the offensive side of the ball. Just a little inexperienced in spots.

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  26 - 33  of 33 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2
View Other 'Ohio Football' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



Copyright ©2019 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties