Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Football
Topic:  Frank Solich--CF HOFer?

Topic:  Frank Solich--CF HOFer?
Author
Message
finnOhio
General User

Member Since: 2/4/2005
Location: Rockton, IL
Post Count: 532

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  Frank Solich--CF HOFer?
   Posted: 1/8/2019 10:22:43 AM 
This week, Frank will be honored at Nebraska with the Tom Osborne Award for contributions to college football. Congratulations indeed to a great ambassador for our university. https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/steven-m-si...

But it had me wondering, is Frank also deserving of recognition in the college football Hall of Fame? The 2019 class was just announced, featuring Vince Young, Rocket Ismail, Patrick Willis, Terrell Buckley, Rickey Dixon, London Fletcher, Jacob Green, Torry Holt, Darren McFadden, Jake Plummer, Troy Polamalu, Joe Thomas, Lorenzo White, and coaches Dennis Erickson and Joe Taylor.

Frank is a member of the Nebraska HOF as a player (didn't realize he was the first Cornhusker to rush for 200 in a game), was a national coach of the year, led a team to the national championship game, resurrected our team here at OHIO, and has an impressive career record of 164-94. I'd think yes, but I'm curious about what others think.
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 4,857

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Frank Solich--CF HOFer?
   Posted: 1/8/2019 10:30:23 AM 
finnOhio wrote:
This week, Frank will be honored at Nebraska with the Tom Osborne Award for contributions to college football. Congratulations indeed to a great ambassador for our university. https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/steven-m-si...

But it had me wondering, is Frank also deserving of recognition in the college football Hall of Fame? The 2019 class was just announced, featuring Vince Young, Rocket Ismail, Patrick Willis, Terrell Buckley, Rickey Dixon, London Fletcher, Jacob Green, Torry Holt, Darren McFadden, Jake Plummer, Troy Polamalu, Joe Thomas, Lorenzo White, and coaches Dennis Erickson and Joe Taylor.

Frank is a member of the Nebraska HOF as a player (didn't realize he was the first Cornhusker to rush for 200 in a game), was a national coach of the year, led a team to the national championship game, resurrected our team here at OHIO, and has an impressive career record of 164-94. I'd think yes, but I'm curious about what others think.


Frank is NOT eligible for the HOF as a player, and is currently eligible as a coach as long as his winning % does not go below 60%, which it is 63.5% currently.

The playing eligibility is a sham and set against mid-major players....Chuck Ealey anyone????
Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 1,118

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Frank Solich--CF HOFer?
   Posted: 1/8/2019 1:09:20 PM 
If he wins a MAC title he can be considered a Hall of Famer but without even winning a title in a Group of 5 conference after 11 years NO ONE should be considered for the Hall of Fame as a coach.
Back to Top
  
bshot44
General User



Member Since: 2/12/2012
Post Count: 1,929

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Frank Solich--CF HOFer?
   Posted: 1/8/2019 2:10:06 PM 
Bobcat1998 wrote:
If he wins a MAC title he can be considered a Hall of Famer but without even winning a title in a Group of 5 conference after 11 years NO ONE should be considered for the Hall of Fame as a coach.


14 years.
Back to Top
  
finnOhio
General User

Member Since: 2/4/2005
Location: Rockton, IL
Post Count: 532

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Frank Solich--CF HOFer?
   Posted: 1/8/2019 2:33:06 PM 
bshot44 wrote:
Bobcat1998 wrote:
If he wins a MAC title he can be considered a Hall of Famer but without even winning a title in a Group of 5 conference after 11 years NO ONE should be considered for the Hall of Fame as a coach.


14 years.


Wait, what?! He hasn't won a conference title? How come nobody ever brings this up?
Back to Top
  
Bcat2
General User

Member Since: 7/6/2010
Post Count: 4,201

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Frank Solich--CF HOFer?
   Posted: 1/8/2019 6:00:35 PM 
finnOhio wrote:
bshot44 wrote:
Bobcat1998 wrote:
If he wins a MAC title he can be considered a Hall of Famer but without even winning a title in a Group of 5 conference after 11 years NO ONE should be considered for the Hall of Fame as a coach.


14 years.


Wait, what?! He hasn't won a conference title? How come nobody ever brings this up?


:)


"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men." JFK

Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 1,118

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Frank Solich--CF HOFer?
   Posted: 1/8/2019 8:16:35 PM 
bshot44 wrote:
Bobcat1998 wrote:
If he wins a MAC title he can be considered a Hall of Famer but without even winning a title in a Group of 5 conference after 11 years NO ONE should be considered for the Hall of Fame as a coach.


14 years.


I knew that, I have no idea why I typed 11. I guess that makes it worse!
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 7  of 7 Posts
Jump to Page:  1
View Other 'Ohio Football' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



Copyright ©2019 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties