Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
The O Zone
Topic:  Chant Timing

Topic:  Chant Timing
Author
Message
RSBobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/22/2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 3,854

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  Chant Timing
   Posted: 10/10/2015 7:16:39 PM 
NOT when we have the ball. We had to waste OUr 1st time out when knuckleheads start up OU/Oh Yeah right as we begin an offensive series.........


RS Bobcat

Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 4,972

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Chant Timing
   Posted: 10/11/2015 3:45:31 PM 
RSBobcat wrote:
NOT when we have the ball. We had to waste OUr 1st time out when knuckleheads start up OU/Oh Yeah right as we begin an offensive series.........



Speaking of timing, who was the knucklehead playing the piped in music yesterday? Bad timing (just ask Lou) and real bad songs.

Back to Top
  
RSBobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/22/2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 3,854

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Chant Timing
   Posted: 10/11/2015 11:56:27 PM 
Alan Swank wrote:
RSBobcat wrote:
NOT when we have the ball. We had to waste OUr 1st time out when knuckleheads start up OU/Oh Yeah right as we begin an offensive series.........



Speaking of timing, who was the knucklehead playing the piped in music yesterday? Bad timing (just ask Lou) and real bad songs.



Yes - some pretty dicey lyrics pumpin' out loud, and several times concurrent with other announcements (seems the speakers for music work better then for some reason......)


RS Bobcat

Back to Top
  
joefromperry
General User



Member Since: 10/5/2013
Location: Perry, OH
Post Count: 55

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Chant Timing
   Posted: 10/12/2015 12:34:07 PM 
A suggestion for the OU - Oh, Yeah chant: Have a finite number set for each time, like maybe five or six sets. Otherwise it just kind of fizzles out and sounds ...not good. And, yeah, not when we're on offense.
Back to Top
  
RSBobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/22/2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 3,854

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Chant Timing
   Posted: 11/7/2015 12:50:52 AM 
joefromperry wrote:
A suggestion for the OU - Oh, Yeah chant: Have a finite number set for each time, like maybe five or six sets. Otherwise it just kind of fizzles out and sounds ...not good. And, yeah, not when we're on offense.


Also sounds Not Good when the most of the fans there know you don't make noise WHEN YOUR TEAM HAS POSSESSION AND IS AT THE SCRIMMAGE LINE READY TO START A PLAY!


RS Bobcat

Back to Top
  
RSBobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/22/2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 3,854

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Chant Timing
   Posted: 11/15/2015 11:37:50 PM 
RSBobcat wrote:
joefromperry wrote:
A suggestion for the OU - Oh, Yeah chant: Have a finite number set for each time, like maybe five or six sets. Otherwise it just kind of fizzles out and sounds ...not good. And, yeah, not when we're on offense.


Also sounds Not Good when the most of the fans there know you don't make noise WHEN YOUR TEAM HAS POSSESSION AND IS AT THE SCRIMMAGE LINE READY TO START A PLAY!


AND it now happens at a basketball game. Why is the concept that you don't start or make disruptive loud crowd noise WHEN YOUR TEAM HAS POSSESSION so hard for the Ozone to grasp? Gladly it fizzled quick (of course - most realize stupid to do this when we have the ball)

This chant should be for breaks in the action only.........


RS Bobcat

Back to Top
  
RSBobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/22/2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 3,854

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Chant Timing
   Posted: 1/13/2016 12:14:03 AM 
RSBobcat wrote:
RSBobcat wrote:
joefromperry wrote:
A suggestion for the OU - Oh, Yeah chant: Have a finite number set for each time, like maybe five or six sets. Otherwise it just kind of fizzles out and sounds ...not good. And, yeah, not when we're on offense.


Also sounds Not Good when the most of the fans there know you don't make noise WHEN YOUR TEAM HAS POSSESSION AND IS AT THE SCRIMMAGE LINE READY TO START A PLAY!


AND it now happens at a basketball game. Why is the concept that you don't start or make disruptive loud crowd noise WHEN YOUR TEAM HAS POSSESSION so hard for the Ozone to grasp? Gladly it fizzled quick (of course - most realize stupid to do this when we have the ball)

This chant should be for breaks in the action only.........



Bump - to the one or two that might look at this............


RS Bobcat

Back to Top
  
RSBobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/22/2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 3,854

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Chant Timing
   Posted: 2/2/2016 11:41:20 PM 
RSBobcat wrote:
RSBobcat wrote:
RSBobcat wrote:
joefromperry wrote:
A suggestion for the OU - Oh, Yeah chant: Have a finite number set for each time, like maybe five or six sets. Otherwise it just kind of fizzles out and sounds ...not good. And, yeah, not when we're on offense.


Also sounds Not Good when the most of the fans there know you don't make noise WHEN YOUR TEAM HAS POSSESSION AND IS AT THE SCRIMMAGE LINE READY TO START A PLAY!


AND it now happens at a basketball game. Why is the concept that you don't start or make disruptive loud crowd noise WHEN YOUR TEAM HAS POSSESSION so hard for the Ozone to grasp? Gladly it fizzled quick (of course - most realize stupid to do this when we have the ball)

This chant should be for breaks in the action only.........



Bump - to the one or two that might look at this............



Why is this so hard to understand?


RS Bobcat

Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 9,467

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Chant Timing
   Posted: 2/3/2016 12:03:18 AM 
Also, don't yell nasty things when an opposing player is down on the floor withering in pain. I was at the game and this was just disgusting. I was listening to Russell on my radio at the same time, and this was so bad that Russell commented on it as being inappropriate and that it made the O Zone look bad. I was proud of the people around me who stood up and gave a standing O to the player as a team mate helped him up and he hobbled back to the bench. That was good sportsmanship!


Got Frank . . . Got Dreams!
Got Saul . . . and dreams of basketball glory!

"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Back to Top
  
catfan28
General User

Member Since: 6/11/2011
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 1,410

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Chant Timing
   Posted: 2/3/2016 11:06:25 PM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
Also, don't yell nasty things when an opposing player is down on the floor withering in pain. I was at the game and this was just disgusting. I was listening to Russell on my radio at the same time, and this was so bad that Russell commented on it as being inappropriate and that it made the O Zone look bad. I was proud of the people around me who stood up and gave a standing O to the player as a team mate helped him up and he hobbled back to the bench. That was good sportsmanship!


One of the Akron fans/parents behind their bench flipped the O Zone the double bird before that. The timing wasn't ideal, but students were well within their rights to taunt the guy right back.
Back to Top
  
boydhallbobcat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 191

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Chant Timing
   Posted: 2/4/2016 7:49:49 AM 
I believe the "double bird" was flipped after the OU fans mocked and ridiculed the injured Zip while he was on the floor.
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 2,681

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Chant Timing
   Posted: 2/4/2016 8:16:59 AM 
From my vantage point (watching on TV), it sounded like they were mocking Dambrot while Johnson was injured on the floor.
Back to Top
  
The Optimist
General User



Member Since: 3/16/2007
Location: Akron (sleeper agent)
Post Count: 4,547

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Chant Timing
   Posted: 2/4/2016 8:47:24 AM 
O Zone needs some fire. I'm not going to complain about one of three times they actually made some noise.

Last Edited: 2/4/2016 8:48:44 AM by The Optimist


I've seen crazier things happen.

Back to Top
  
boydhallbobcat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 191

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Chant Timing
   Posted: 2/4/2016 9:53:33 AM 
shabamon wrote:
From my vantage point (watching on TV), it sounded like they were mocking Dambrot while Johnson was injured on the floor.



Could be...Dambrot was on the floor complaining about a no call.
Back to Top
  
Alan Swank
General User

Member Since: 12/11/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 4,972

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Chant Timing
   Posted: 2/4/2016 4:44:03 PM 
catfan28 wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
Also, don't yell nasty things when an opposing player is down on the floor withering in pain. I was at the game and this was just disgusting. I was listening to Russell on my radio at the same time, and this was so bad that Russell commented on it as being inappropriate and that it made the O Zone look bad. I was proud of the people around me who stood up and gave a standing O to the player as a team mate helped him up and he hobbled back to the bench. That was good sportsmanship!


One of the Akron fans/parents behind their bench flipped the O Zone the double bird before that. The timing wasn't ideal, but students were well within their rights to taunt the guy right back.


Taunting and acting like asses are two different things. It was the latter when my friend said Saul should pull a Bobby Knight and grab the microphone. Boorish behavior at best.

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 4,860

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Chant Timing
   Posted: 2/6/2016 9:54:38 PM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
Also, don't yell nasty things when an opposing player is down on the floor withering in pain. I was at the game and this was just disgusting. I was listening to Russell on my radio at the same time, and this was so bad that Russell commented on it as being inappropriate and that it made the O Zone look bad. I was proud of the people around me who stood up and gave a standing O to the player as a team mate helped him up and he hobbled back to the bench. That was good sportsmanship!


+1
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 4,860

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Chant Timing
   Posted: 2/6/2016 9:55:24 PM 
Alan Swank wrote:
catfan28 wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
Also, don't yell nasty things when an opposing player is down on the floor withering in pain. I was at the game and this was just disgusting. I was listening to Russell on my radio at the same time, and this was so bad that Russell commented on it as being inappropriate and that it made the O Zone look bad. I was proud of the people around me who stood up and gave a standing O to the player as a team mate helped him up and he hobbled back to the bench. That was good sportsmanship!


One of the Akron fans/parents behind their bench flipped the O Zone the double bird before that. The timing wasn't ideal, but students were well within their rights to taunt the guy right back.


Taunting and acting like asses are two different things. It was the latter when my friend said Saul should pull a Bobby Knight and grab the microphone. Boorish behavior at best.



+1
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 17  of 17 Posts
Jump to Page:  1
View Other 'The O Zone' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



Copyright ©2019 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties