Topic:  RE: 2022 6'7" PF AJ Clayton (Philo HS) - Ohio Offer

Topic:  RE: 2022 6'7" PF AJ Clayton (Philo HS) - Ohio Offer
Author
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004

Message Not Read  RE: 2022 6'7" PF AJ Clayton (Philo HS) - Ohio Offer
   Posted: 8/1/2020 10:27:23 AM 
shabamon wrote:
I wouldn't understand the point of committing before junior year begins if he still hopes for bigger offers.

Might be worried about the uncertainty of the times. There is a good chance he's not going to have a junior season. And there are going to be a lot of guys from the class of 2021 going the prep school route which means that they are now 2022 guys. Might be wise to grab the offer while it's still out there.

BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012

Posted: 8/10/2020 2:31:33 PM 
OUVan wrote:
shabamon wrote:
I wouldn't understand the point of committing before junior year begins if he still hopes for bigger offers.

Might be worried about the uncertainty of the times. There is a good chance he's not going to have a junior season. And there are going to be a lot of guys from the class of 2021 going the prep school route which means that they are now 2022 guys. Might be wise to grab the offer while it's still out there.

And just maybe he really liked Jeff, the staff and felt at home and close to home for his family.

99Bobcat
General User

Member Since: 4/11/2019

Posted: 8/21/2020 9:49:56 AM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
OUVan wrote:
shabamon wrote:

And just maybe he really liked Jeff, the staff and felt at home and close to home for his family.

This is probably correct. He's from Roseville in Perry county, a very small town 45 minutes away from the Convo. From what I understand, he's been attending summer camps in Athens for close to the last 10 years.

CatsUp
General User

Member Since: 4/15/2019

Posted: 8/21/2020 2:19:30 PM 
99Bobcat wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
OUVan wrote:
shabamon wrote:

This is probably correct. He's from Roseville in Perry county, a very small town 45 minutes away from the Convo. From what I understand, he's been attending summer camps in Athens for close to the last 10 years.

How did he end up at Philo?

CatsUp
General User

Member Since: 4/15/2019

Posted: 8/21/2020 2:24:57 PM 
Never mind. I assume they are part of the School district. I was thinking Roseville was more centrally located in Perry County.

BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012

Posted: 8/22/2020 12:20:28 AM 
CatsUp wrote:
99Bobcat wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
OUVan wrote:
shabamon wrote:

How did he end up at Philo?

Maybe because his family lives in the district?

Taiwan BC
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004

Posted: 9/9/2020 10:41:23 PM 
AJ in recent action in at least two games, (if not more) in this video. Not much defense being played but, itís alway good to see the recruits playing against good competition.

https://youtu.be/-pDSjymKKfM

Showing Replies:  26 - 32  of 32 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2
View Other 'Ohio Basketball Recruiting' Topics

Copyright ©2020 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties