Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Baseball
Topic:  Why canít you buy an official baseball hat?

Topic:  Why canít you buy an official baseball hat?
Author
Message
Donuts
General User

Member Since: 9/22/2010
Post Count: 670

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  Why canít you buy an official baseball hat?
   Posted: 12/19/2020 9:54:23 PM 
There are a ton of hats sold at various stores in Athens. You canít buy an official baseball hat worn on field anywhere to my knowledge. Is there any way to get an on-field style hat?
Back to Top
  
spongeBOB CATpants
General User

Member Since: 8/16/2016
Post Count: 225

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Why canít you buy an official baseball hat?
   Posted: 1/13/2021 3:29:30 PM 
Donuts wrote:
There are a ton of hats sold at various stores in Athens. You canít buy an official baseball hat worn on field anywhere to my knowledge. Is there any way to get an on-field style hat?


College bookstore has had them in the past but I don't think they had them in stock last time I was there...pre-covid so they could have restocked since then.
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,798

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Why canít you buy an official baseball hat?
   Posted: 1/13/2021 9:15:47 PM 
spongeBOB CATpants wrote:
Donuts wrote:
There are a ton of hats sold at various stores in Athens. You canít buy an official baseball hat worn on field anywhere to my knowledge. Is there any way to get an on-field style hat?


College bookstore has had them in the past but I don't think they had them in stock last time I was there...pre-covid so they could have restocked since then.


Who wants what everyone in America thinks is a crooked O
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 10,874

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Why canít you buy an official baseball hat?
   Posted: 1/15/2021 11:36:54 PM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
spongeBOB CATpants wrote:
Donuts wrote:
There are a ton of hats sold at various stores in Athens. You canít buy an official baseball hat worn on field anywhere to my knowledge. Is there any way to get an on-field style hat?


College bookstore has had them in the past but I don't think they had them in stock last time I was there...pre-covid so they could have restocked since then.


Who wants what everyone in America thinks is a crooked O


Do you know the history of this "crooked O"? Seems I heard this story in the distant past, but I can't remember any details. Can you refresh my memory?


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 6,798

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Why canít you buy an official baseball hat?
   Posted: 1/16/2021 8:02:44 AM 
OhioCatFan wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
spongeBOB CATpants wrote:
Donuts wrote:
There are a ton of hats sold at various stores in Athens. You canít buy an official baseball hat worn on field anywhere to my knowledge. Is there any way to get an on-field style hat?


College bookstore has had them in the past but I don't think they had them in stock last time I was there...pre-covid so they could have restocked since then.


Who wants what everyone in America thinks is a crooked O


Do you know the history of this "crooked O"? Seems I heard this story in the distant past, but I can't remember any details. Can you refresh my memory?


You realize that the O used is the same O in arched Ohio, itís just standing by itself without the HIO
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 10,874

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Why canít you buy an official baseball hat?
   Posted: 1/16/2021 6:58:25 PM 
Thanks, BTC. Iíd heard that in the past, but had forgotten. Thanks for the memory jog. Just what I needed.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
spongeBOB CATpants
General User

Member Since: 8/16/2016
Post Count: 225

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Why canít you buy an official baseball hat?
   Posted: 1/18/2021 1:46:02 PM 
BillyTheCat wrote:
OhioCatFan wrote:
BillyTheCat wrote:
spongeBOB CATpants wrote:
Donuts wrote:
There are a ton of hats sold at various stores in Athens. You canít buy an official baseball hat worn on field anywhere to my knowledge. Is there any way to get an on-field style hat?


College bookstore has had them in the past but I don't think they had them in stock last time I was there...pre-covid so they could have restocked since then.


Who wants what everyone in America thinks is a crooked O


Do you know the history of this "crooked O"? Seems I heard this story in the distant past, but I can't remember any details. Can you refresh my memory?


You realize that the O used is the same O in arched Ohio, itís just standing by itself without the HIO


Prior to Smith, we had to wear hats without the crooked O. Thought it was strange that the jerseys had the arch OHIO font but the hat didn't.

We don't exactly have a great logo/font to put on a baseball hat so I'm not sure what a better option would be. Maybe the entire arch OHIO? Idk
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 10,874

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Why canít you buy an official baseball hat?
   Posted: 1/18/2021 6:06:15 PM 
FWTW: Coach Bob Wren wore a green block ďO.Ē


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 8  of 8 Posts
Jump to Page:  1
View Other 'Ohio Baseball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



Copyright ©2021 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties