Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  Will OHIO get a “One Shining Moment” screenshot tonight?

Topic:  Will OHIO get a “One Shining Moment” screenshot tonight?
Author
Message
Chicken George
General User

Member Since: 1/2/2005
Post Count: 757

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  Will OHIO get a “One Shining Moment” screenshot tonight?
   Posted: 4/5/2021 9:40:52 PM 

 
 
Please Register or Login to Vote
 


For historical reference, we got three (Stevie leading pregame huddle; Nick Kellogg after a made 3; and DJ & Walt O. chest bump) for the 2012 Sweet 16 version.
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 3,893

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Will OHIO get a “One Shining Moment” screenshot tonight?
   Posted: 4/5/2021 9:48:38 PM 
I'm not holding my breath. We got nothing in 2010.
Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 7,642

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Will OHIO get a “One Shining Moment” screenshot tonight?
   Posted: 4/5/2021 11:17:21 PM 
Probably not. Too many Cinderellas this year (Abilene Christian, North Texas, ORU) plus a bunch of double-digit seed "P"s who went deeper into the tourney. ORU probably will be highlighted.


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
GroverBall
General User

Member Since: 12/3/2012
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 1,010

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Will OHIO get a “One Shining Moment” screenshot tonight?
   Posted: 4/5/2021 11:59:06 PM 
One shining millisecond maybe, wasn't that a Boals and team locker room celebration that flashed on screen?
Back to Top
  
Cats5
General User

Member Since: 6/14/2017
Post Count: 265

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Will OHIO get a “One Shining Moment” screenshot tonight?
   Posted: 4/5/2021 11:59:52 PM 
GroverBall wrote:
One shining millisecond maybe, wasn't that a Boals and team locker room celebration that flashed on screen?


Yes it was
Back to Top
  
Chicken George
General User

Member Since: 1/2/2005
Post Count: 757

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Will OHIO get a “One Shining Moment” screenshot tonight?
   Posted: 4/6/2021 12:03:16 AM 
We made it, unless you blinked and you’d
have missed it.
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 11,063

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Will OHIO get a “One Shining Moment” screenshot tonight?
   Posted: 4/6/2021 12:13:43 AM 
Chicken George wrote:
We made it, unless you blinked and you’d
have missed it.


No one but an OHIO fan, and a diehard one at that, would recognize that brief blip as being our team. Really disappointed. OSU got a more recognizable millisecond than OHIO.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection. Learn more about the old 78th at: http://www.78ohio.org

Back to Top
  
RSBobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/22/2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 4,052

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Will OHIO get a “One Shining Moment” screenshot tonight?
   Posted: 4/6/2021 12:18:46 AM 
I am looking forward to more than one shining blip next year....


RS Bobcat

Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 7,642

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Will OHIO get a “One Shining Moment” screenshot tonight?
   Posted: 4/6/2021 12:40:25 AM 
The UVA player looking shell-shocked was more discernible than the Ohio team celebration.


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
cc-cat
General User

Member Since: 4/5/2006
Location: matthews, NC
Post Count: 3,220

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Will OHIO get a “One Shining Moment” screenshot tonight?
   Posted: 4/6/2021 12:51:34 AM 
OhioCatFan wrote:

OSU got a more recognizable millisecond than OHIO.


which is about how long they lasted in the tournament.
Back to Top
  
5KMD
General User

Member Since: 8/8/2012
Location: Wexford, PA
Post Count: 38

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Will OHIO get a “One Shining Moment” screenshot tonight?
   Posted: 4/6/2021 7:34:17 AM 
OHIO was robbed. BVP should have gotten a look. Knocked out the defending champs. We deserved better.
Back to Top
  
OUVan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Bethesda, MD
Post Count: 5,414

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Will OHIO get a “One Shining Moment” screenshot tonight?
   Posted: 4/6/2021 8:22:54 AM 
5KMD wrote:
OHIO was robbed. BVP should have gotten a look. Knocked out the defending champs. We deserved better.


That slo-mo view of him after hitting the second 3 with his mouth inhumanly wide open would have been perfect.
Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: On US33 between Athens and Madison Co., OH
Post Count: 7,710

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Will OHIO get a “One Shining Moment” screenshot tonight?
   Posted: 4/6/2021 9:39:59 AM 
I actually thought that was one of the worst versions of One Shining Moment I've seen. Not because Ohio wasn't more prominent, but because it didn't show many actual big moments from early in the tournament.
Back to Top
  
GoCats105
General User

Member Since: 1/31/2006
Location: Austin, TX
Post Count: 5,750

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Will OHIO get a “One Shining Moment” screenshot tonight?
   Posted: 4/6/2021 11:36:04 AM 
Hot take: One Shining Moment hasn't been good for a long time.
Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,280

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Will OHIO get a “One Shining Moment” screenshot tonight?
   Posted: 4/6/2021 11:44:22 AM 
OU_Country wrote:
I actually thought that was one of the worst versions of One Shining Moment I've seen. Not because Ohio wasn't more prominent, but because it didn't show many actual big moments from early in the tournament.


It was incredibly bad. Worst One Shining Moment in the history of One Shining Moments. Whomever produced this should be fired. Could not hear the song at all. BVP got robbed. Not sure how you don't show an image of him making one of those 3's against Virginia in the second half.


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
Deciduous Forest Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Ohio
Post Count: 3,765

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Will OHIO get a “One Shining Moment” screenshot tonight?
   Posted: 4/7/2021 12:57:18 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
OU_Country wrote:
I actually thought that was one of the worst versions of One Shining Moment I've seen. Not because Ohio wasn't more prominent, but because it didn't show many actual big moments from early in the tournament.


It was incredibly bad. Worst One Shining Moment in the history of One Shining Moments. Whomever produced this should be fired. Could not hear the song at all. BVP got robbed. Not sure how you don't show an image of him making one of those 3's against Virginia in the second half.



Can't we just move on from that goddamn song? Seriously cbs. Move into the future a little bit. Worse than the convo tip off music when they didn't change it for like 30 years.
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 3,893

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Will OHIO get a “One Shining Moment” screenshot tonight?
   Posted: 4/7/2021 2:39:15 PM 
Don't ever change the song.
Back to Top
  
Tom Valentino
General User

Member Since: 3/13/2005
Location: Painesville, OH
Post Count: 265

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Will OHIO get a “One Shining Moment” screenshot tonight?
   Posted: 4/7/2021 10:38:15 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
OU_Country wrote:
I actually thought that was one of the worst versions of One Shining Moment I've seen. Not because Ohio wasn't more prominent, but because it didn't show many actual big moments from early in the tournament.


It was incredibly bad. Worst One Shining Moment in the history of One Shining Moments. Whomever produced this should be fired. Could not hear the song at all. BVP got robbed. Not sure how you don't show an image of him making one of those 3's against Virginia in the second half.



We were left out entirely in 2010 so that CBS could fit in multiple shots of Jennifer Hudson singing. That alone guarantees this wasn’t the worst.


On Twitter: @1tomvalentino | TheNailPodcast.com

Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: On US33 between Athens and Madison Co., OH
Post Count: 7,710

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Will OHIO get a “One Shining Moment” screenshot tonight?
   Posted: 4/8/2021 9:50:22 AM 
shabamon wrote:
Don't ever change the song.


+1.
Back to Top
  
JSF
General User



Member Since: 1/29/2005
Location: Houston, TX
Post Count: 5,869

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Will OHIO get a “One Shining Moment” screenshot tonight?
   Posted: 4/8/2021 6:29:24 PM 
Credit CBS marketing for making the song something people talk about, but it's really just a three-minute highlight reel everyone forgets about in a couple days.


"Loyalty to a hometown or city is fleeting and interchangeable, but college is a stamp of identity."- Kyle Whelliston, One Beautiful Season.

My blog about depression and mental illness: https://bit.ly/3buGXH8

Back to Top
  
mf279801
General User

Member Since: 8/6/2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Post Count: 2,153

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Will OHIO get a “One Shining Moment” screenshot tonight?
   Posted: 4/9/2021 8:28:43 PM 
JSF wrote:
Credit CBS marketing for making the song something people talk about, but it's really just a three-minute highlight reel everyone forgets about in a couple days.


Heck forget about it, I don't know that I've ever watched any of it. Is there a characteristic tune? Are there words that accompany it?
Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 7,642

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Will OHIO get a “One Shining Moment” screenshot tonight?
   Posted: 4/9/2021 11:25:30 PM 
mf279801 wrote:
JSF wrote:
Credit CBS marketing for making the song something people talk about, but it's really just a three-minute highlight reel everyone forgets about in a couple days.


Heck forget about it, I don't know that I've ever watched any of it. Is there a characteristic tune? Are there words that accompany it?


What are we talking about again? I forgot.


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
GraffZ06
General User



Member Since: 1/5/2005
Location: Dayton, OH
Post Count: 839

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Will OHIO get a “One Shining Moment” screenshot tonight?
   Posted: 4/10/2021 1:07:58 AM 
Pataskala wrote:
mf279801 wrote:
JSF wrote:
Credit CBS marketing for making the song something people talk about, but it's really just a three-minute highlight reel everyone forgets about in a couple days.


Heck forget about it, I don't know that I've ever watched any of it. Is there a characteristic tune? Are there words that accompany it?


What are we talking about again? I forgot.


One shining momeeeee....SQUIRREL!

Hey, so about that practice facility.

When does Boals get to schedule Duke so he can learn from Coach K again?

Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 2,280

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Will OHIO get a “One Shining Moment” screenshot tonight?
   Posted: 4/10/2021 10:37:53 AM 
GraffZ06 wrote:
Pataskala wrote:
mf279801 wrote:
JSF wrote:
Credit CBS marketing for making the song something people talk about, but it's really just a three-minute highlight reel everyone forgets about in a couple days.


Heck forget about it, I don't know that I've ever watched any of it. Is there a characteristic tune? Are there words that accompany it?


What are we talking about again? I forgot.




When does Boals get to schedule Duke so he can learn from Coach K again?



Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahhaahahah


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 24  of 24 Posts
Jump to Page:  1
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



Copyright ©2021 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties