Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  Steinbrecher on Ohio Coaches Show

Topic:  Steinbrecher on Ohio Coaches Show
Author
Message
Eagle66
General User

Member Since: 3/13/2005
Location: Cleveland, OH
Post Count: 1,064

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  Steinbrecher on Ohio Coaches Show
   Posted: 2/11/2021 7:43:23 AM 
Arkley covered the most recent Ohio coaches show in his latest entry. Coach Boals talked about dealing with the pause Ohio is currently on. However, This show happened to have MAC commissioner Dr. Jon Steinbrecher as a guest. He touched on rescheduling games across the MAC. Some snippets from Arkleys article... (full article linked below)

Quote:
How will the MAC approach trying to fit in so many postponed games before the MAC Tournament begins on March 11?

“I wish my crystal ball spelled that out,” Steinbrecher joked. “We’re going to get a lot of games in, I’m confident of that.”


Quote:
Steinbrecher said the focus of rescheduling efforts will directed toward making sure every team in the MAC plays every other team at least once. For OU, that means the makeup with Eastern Michigan would take priority.

After that, Steinbrecher said the conference would do the best it can.

“We’ll be trying to make it as fair as can be, but that doesn’t mean it will always be equal,” Steinbrecher said. “I’ve been gratified by how well our member institutions …have worked together and collaborated in order to get things done.”


https://suacbobcats.com/2021/02/11/boals-and-bobcats-deal... /
Back to Top
  
100%Cat
General User



Member Since: 1/17/2013
Post Count: 1,900

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Steinbrecher on Ohio Coaches Show
   Posted: 2/12/2021 12:04:13 PM 
Does anyone have a solid list of the current MAC programs affected by covid? I looked at the Tues scores on ESPN for the MAC. Only the Kent-BG game was played. WMU-Buffalo, Toledo-NIU, Ball-Central, Akron-Ohio, EMU-Miami...all postponed.
Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 7,461

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Steinbrecher on Ohio Coaches Show
   Posted: 2/12/2021 1:08:08 PM 
Apparently only Ohio, CMU and EMU are having issues at the moment as their games are the only ones postponed this weekend. NIU is still scheduled to play Kent tomorrow. Two games are still scheduled for tonight (Akron-Fiami, WMU-Buffalo) and BG-Toledo is scheduled for tomorrow.


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 3,232

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Steinbrecher on Ohio Coaches Show
   Posted: 2/12/2021 9:40:29 PM 
MAC basketball is one of the few things that helps get me through long, dreary, gray winters to spring weather and baseball. Losing Ohio hoops for 2 weeks in February during the pandemic is tough. Add to it only 1 MAC game Tuesday night. Making it all that much worse is that the two games Friday night, both on national TV, overlap each other and the only 2 games on Saturday have the same tip off times.

Thankfully, MLB teams start spring training this coming week and my son's 8th grade baseball team should be starting up shortly after having the entire 7th-grade season called off after 2 practices.
Back to Top
  
Jeff McKinney
Moderator

Member Since: 11/12/2004
Post Count: 5,120

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Steinbrecher on Ohio Coaches Show
   Posted: 2/13/2021 12:23:00 AM 
Eagle66 wrote:
Arkley covered the most recent Ohio coaches show in his latest entry. Coach Boals talked about dealing with the pause Ohio is currently on. However, This show happened to have MAC commissioner Dr. Jon Steinbrecher as a guest. He touched on rescheduling games across the MAC. Some snippets from Arkleys article... (full article linked below)

Quote:
How will the MAC approach trying to fit in so many postponed games before the MAC Tournament begins on March 11?

“I wish my crystal ball spelled that out,” Steinbrecher joked. “We’re going to get a lot of games in, I’m confident of that.”


Quote:
Steinbrecher said the focus of rescheduling efforts will directed toward making sure every team in the MAC plays every other team at least once. For OU, that means the makeup with Eastern Michigan would take priority.

After that, Steinbrecher said the conference would do the best it can.

“We’ll be trying to make it as fair as can be, but that doesn’t mean it will always be equal,” Steinbrecher said. “I’ve been gratified by how well our member institutions …have worked together and collaborated in order to get things done.”


https://suacbobcats.com/2021/02/11/boals-and-bobcats-deal... /


Thanks to Russ Eisenstein for making this interview happen.

Back to Top
  
Pete Chouteau
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2004
Location: The Driver's Seat
Post Count: 1,448

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Steinbrecher on Ohio Coaches Show
   Posted: 2/13/2021 9:22:46 AM 
bobcatsquared wrote:
MAC basketball is one of the few things that helps get me through long, dreary, gray winters to spring weather and baseball. Losing Ohio hoops for 2 weeks in February during the pandemic is tough. Add to it only 1 MAC game Tuesday night. Making it all that much worse is that the two games Friday night, both on national TV, overlap each other and the only 2 games on Saturday have the same tip off times.

Thankfully, MLB teams start spring training this coming week and my son's 8th grade baseball team should be starting up shortly after having the entire 7th-grade season called off after 2 practices.


/whispers

Horizon League has been kinda fun...
Back to Top
  
bornacatfan
General User



Member Since: 8/3/2006
Post Count: 5,393

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Steinbrecher on Ohio Coaches Show
   Posted: 2/13/2021 9:27:19 AM 
Pete Chouteau wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:
MAC basketball is one of the few things that helps get me through long, dreary, gray winters to spring weather and baseball. Losing Ohio hoops for 2 weeks in February during the pandemic is tough. Add to it only 1 MAC game Tuesday night. Making it all that much worse is that the two games Friday night, both on national TV, overlap each other and the only 2 games on Saturday have the same tip off times.

Thankfully, MLB teams start spring training this coming week and my son's 8th grade baseball team should be starting up shortly after having the entire 7th-grade season called off after 2 practices.


/whispers

Horizon League has been kinda fun...


Watching Cle St, Wright and others on Fri nights with no HS hoops has been fun. Last night I started to watch Cle st.....but the Illini Neb game looked like a non win Husker team was going to upset #6 so I stayed clear through the OT.

With no HS hoops this year (the IHSAA has been charging 10 buck a game to livestream) I have filled up on NCAA, Prep schools, Hargrave on 2 tvs and 3 computer screens.


never argue with idiots, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Winter comes and asks how you spent your summer.....

The game loves and rewards those who love and reward the game

Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: At least six feet away from anybody else
Post Count: 7,461

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Steinbrecher on Ohio Coaches Show
   Posted: 2/14/2021 9:51:56 PM 
Based on the games that have been played and the ones still on the schedule, three teams (WMU, Toledo and Akron) won't need to add games in order to play all the other teams in the MAC at least once. Assuming no other games are cancelled, six games still need to be scheduled so that each team plays each of the other MAC teams at least once: Buffalo-NIU, Buffalo-CMU,Fiami-CMU, EMU-Ohio, BG-EMU, and Kent-BSU. Half could be scheduled for 2/23 -- only NIU doesn't have that day open.


We will get by.
We will get by.
We will get by.
We will survive.

Back to Top
  
Jeff McKinney
Moderator

Member Since: 11/12/2004
Post Count: 5,120

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Steinbrecher on Ohio Coaches Show
   Posted: 2/15/2021 3:11:07 AM 
Pete Chouteau wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:
MAC basketball is one of the few things that helps get me through long, dreary, gray winters to spring weather and baseball. Losing Ohio hoops for 2 weeks in February during the pandemic is tough. Add to it only 1 MAC game Tuesday night. Making it all that much worse is that the two games Friday night, both on national TV, overlap each other and the only 2 games on Saturday have the same tip off times.

Thankfully, MLB teams start spring training this coming week and my son's 8th grade baseball team should be starting up shortly after having the entire 7th-grade season called off after 2 practices.


/whispers

Horizon League has been kinda fun...


Add the SoCon to the fun list.

And at the risk of agitating Ruck, I've recently added the OAC to my list.
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 9  of 9 Posts
Jump to Page:  1
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



Copyright ©2021 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties