Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  Lindy's Sports College Basketball - Ohio Highlights

Topic:  Lindy's Sports College Basketball - Ohio Highlights
Author
Message
Old Guy
General User

Member Since: 9/20/2017
Post Count: 14

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  Lindy's Sports College Basketball - Ohio Highlights
   Posted: 9/13/2020 8:43:17 PM 
Rankings:

1. Bowling Green,
2. Ball State,
3. Akron,
4. Ohio,
5. Buffalo,
6. Toledo.

Jason Preston - 1st Team All MAC
BVP - 2nd Team ALL MAC

MAC "Honor Roll"--

Best Playmaker: Jason Preston
Most Versatile: Jason Preston
Best NBA Prospect: Jason Preston

"Keep an Eye On" -- Jalen White
--76 3 Pointers,
--23 points per game last season.

DISCUSS...




Back to Top
  
Taiwan BC
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Kaohsiung
Post Count: 231

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Lindy's Sports College Basketball - Ohio Highlights
   Posted: 9/15/2020 12:17:24 AM 
Interesting take away on Jalen... Not sure how they pick us 4th with a first teamer, second teamer and most likely a third teamer (Ben or Lunden should fill in one of these spots). I guess only time will tell. Much hinges on how much low post help we can get from Towns, Granger, Miguel and/or Foster.

https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/18595 Hereís another ranking that is not nearly as good as Lindyís but, itís free and you can check out other teams easily. How accurate it is? For the Bobcats, they donít have Sears listed so...
Back to Top
  
berniebobcat
General User

Member Since: 11/23/2010
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Post Count: 152

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Lindy's Sports College Basketball - Ohio Highlights
   Posted: 9/15/2020 1:27:31 AM 
I am confused. This article lists Wilson as being eligible. Did I miss something.
Back to Top
  
OUVan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Bethesda, MD
Post Count: 5,207

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Lindy's Sports College Basketball - Ohio Highlights
   Posted: 9/22/2020 3:21:13 PM 
Pretty amazing how quickly the roster turned over from Saul's guys to Boals' guys. After only one season only Preston, BVP and McMurray left that played under Saul.
Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: On US33 between Athens and Madison Co., OH
Post Count: 7,566

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Lindy's Sports College Basketball - Ohio Highlights
   Posted: 9/22/2020 4:08:51 PM 
berniebobcat wrote:
I am confused. This article lists Wilson as being eligible. Did I miss something.


I think that's probably incorrect, isn't it? I thought I saw several places that stated he has a sit-out year.
Back to Top
  
OUVan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Bethesda, MD
Post Count: 5,207

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Lindy's Sports College Basketball - Ohio Highlights
   Posted: 10/2/2020 10:35:23 AM 
Blue Ribbon will be out October 12th.
Back to Top
  
OUVan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Bethesda, MD
Post Count: 5,207

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Lindy's Sports College Basketball - Ohio Highlights
   Posted: 10/12/2020 2:59:25 PM 
Just got the Blue Ribbon digital copy. First off:

Rankings:

1. Bowling Green,
2. Akron
3. Ball State,
4. Toledo
5. Ohio,
6. Kent State
7. Buffalo,
8. NIU
9. Miami
10. EMU
11. CMU
12. WMU

Jason Preston - 1st Team All-MAC

The majority of the Ohio write-up focuses on Preston and his back story. I thought I knew how fascinating his story was but this goes much deeper than I had heard before and it's is friggin crazy. I knew he didn't play much in high school but I didn't realize he essentially spent his prep year on the B & C teams. He spent a little time on the A team but rode the bench and requested to be sent down to the C team. He then put together his own highlight reel and that's how he got recruited. A bunch of other interesting info as well.

Edit: By B&C team I mean essentially their version of JV and Freshman or Rec team. Not 2nd and 3rd string.

Last Edited: 10/12/2020 3:03:09 PM by OUVan

Back to Top
  
OUVan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Bethesda, MD
Post Count: 5,207

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Lindy's Sports College Basketball - Ohio Highlights
   Posted: 10/12/2020 3:06:46 PM 
One other takeaway about BvP"

"He'll balance hoops with the start of his two-year MBA program at Ohio."

Back to Top
  
Catsfan32
General User

Member Since: 4/14/2020
Post Count: 5

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Lindy's Sports College Basketball - Ohio Highlights
   Posted: 10/13/2020 3:18:23 PM 
I am high on White from just seeing film of his shooting stroke and ability to elevate. I won't say it is Dartis sweet, but it's pretty smooth. I can see him shooting his way in to playing time. Hopefully he has the moxie to play some D, if that is the case, he may find some major minutes in a Bobcat uni.

I'm also hoping that we get to see it in person too!
Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 3,576

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Lindy's Sports College Basketball - Ohio Highlights
   Posted: 10/14/2020 10:37:58 AM 
https://www.three-man-weave.com/3mw/mac-preview-2021

Three man weave weighs in on the MAC overall with some good depth.

They make special mention of Ogbanda's impact last year, especially on defense, and suggests it will be more important to replace his impact than it will be to replace Dartis'.
Back to Top
  
OUVan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Bethesda, MD
Post Count: 5,207

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Lindy's Sports College Basketball - Ohio Highlights
   Posted: 10/14/2020 10:49:05 AM 
shabamon wrote:
https://www.three-man-weave.com/3mw/mac-preview-2021

Three man weave weighs in on the MAC overall with some good depth.

They make special mention of Ogbanda's impact last year, especially on defense, and suggests it will be more important to replace his impact than it will be to replace Dartis'.


I totally agree. Dartis' leadership will be missed but his on the court role and production can be replaced much more easily than Ogbanda's. Hoping Nolan Foster and Rifen Miguel can do it but it's a huge question mark at this point. Would have been nice to have Dwight Wilson to throw in the mix.
Back to Top
  
Taiwan BC
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Kaohsiung
Post Count: 231

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Lindy's Sports College Basketball - Ohio Highlights
   Posted: 10/14/2020 8:44:03 PM 
No Sears in the write ups? Seems like a big thing to leave off... He is one of our higher ranked recruits and heís coming in after a year in prep school...
Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 1,482

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Lindy's Sports College Basketball - Ohio Highlights
   Posted: 10/15/2020 9:14:31 AM 
OUVan wrote:
shabamon wrote:
https://www.three-man-weave.com/3mw/mac-preview-2021

Three man weave weighs in on the MAC overall with some good depth.

They make special mention of Ogbanda's impact last year, especially on defense, and suggests it will be more important to replace his impact than it will be to replace Dartis'.


I totally agree. Dartis' leadership will be missed but his on the court role and production can be replaced much more easily than Ogbanda's. Hoping Nolan Foster and Rifen Miguel can do it but it's a huge question mark at this point. Would have been nice to have Dwight Wilson to throw in the mix.


Dartis' production will be picked up by McDay, B-Rod and I do believe Sears. I see Miles Brown and Jalen White also getting some of those shots and minutes. As far as Vest, he was very solid but not outstanding. He was a 7 and 5 guy who was a great lockerroom person. I feel like Miguel can give us 7 and 5 but I also think a more committee approach with Miguel, Foster and Towns will be fine. Granger also seems to be BVP as a freshman and he was able to give us great minutes (after his redshirt year).
Back to Top
  
Jeff McKinney
Moderator

Member Since: 11/12/2004
Post Count: 5,004

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Lindy's Sports College Basketball - Ohio Highlights
   Posted: 10/16/2020 2:59:01 AM 
Bobcat1998 wrote:
OUVan wrote:
shabamon wrote:
https://www.three-man-weave.com/3mw/mac-preview-2021

Three man weave weighs in on the MAC overall with some good depth.

They make special mention of Ogbanda's impact last year, especially on defense, and suggests it will be more important to replace his impact than it will be to replace Dartis'.


I totally agree. Dartis' leadership will be missed but his on the court role and production can be replaced much more easily than Ogbanda's. Hoping Nolan Foster and Rifen Miguel can do it but it's a huge question mark at this point. Would have been nice to have Dwight Wilson to throw in the mix.


Dartis' production will be picked up by McDay, B-Rod and I do believe Sears. I see Miles Brown and Jalen White also getting some of those shots and minutes. As far as Vest, he was very solid but not outstanding. He was a 7 and 5 guy who was a great lockerroom person. I feel like Miguel can give us 7 and 5 but I also think a more committee approach with Miguel, Foster and Towns will be fine. Granger also seems to be BVP as a freshman and he was able to give us great minutes (after his redshirt year).


Well, glad we got all that figured out.
Back to Top
  
OUVan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Bethesda, MD
Post Count: 5,207

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Lindy's Sports College Basketball - Ohio Highlights
   Posted: 10/19/2020 12:19:19 PM 
Taiwan BC wrote:
No Sears in the write ups? Seems like a big thing to leave off... He is one of our higher ranked recruits and heís coming in after a year in prep school...


He's in Blue Ribbon. Boals is quoted as saying that Sears, along with Towns and White, as one of "three Freshmen...that can play immediately."
Back to Top
  
Taiwan BC
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Kaohsiung
Post Count: 231

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Lindy's Sports College Basketball - Ohio Highlights
   Posted: 10/19/2020 4:21:33 PM 
Thanks OUVAN! While IIím glad Sears and White are mentioned as being key freshmen contributors, the one I feel we need the most is Towns. Anything to shore up our post play makes me happy....

Go Bobcats!
Back to Top
  
OUVan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Bethesda, MD
Post Count: 5,207

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Lindy's Sports College Basketball - Ohio Highlights
   Posted: 10/20/2020 11:00:54 AM 
Taiwan BC wrote:
Thanks OUVAN! While IIím glad Sears and White are mentioned as being key freshmen contributors, the one I feel we need the most is Towns. Anything to shore up our post play makes me happy....

Go Bobcats!


From the Blue Ribbon writeup it sounds like Boals considers Towns more of a wing/perimeter player. Reading between the lines I think the biggest help in the paint will come from Foster and Rifen Miguel with Granger filling Foster's role from last year.

"Rifen played on a very successful team," Boals said. "As many as 10 of their guys are going D-1. He had knee surgery in March and just started to come back [in September]. He's very skilled, can shoot the 3 and can handle it. Really high IQ."

I also see us having a lot of versatility with the lineup because our guards and wings are so big. We also have BvP who can help in the post.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 1,482

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Lindy's Sports College Basketball - Ohio Highlights
   Posted: 10/21/2020 9:56:53 AM 
OUVan wrote:
Taiwan BC wrote:
No Sears in the write ups? Seems like a big thing to leave off... He is one of our higher ranked recruits and heís coming in after a year in prep school...


He's in Blue Ribbon. Boals is quoted as saying that Sears, along with Towns and White, as one of "three Freshmen...that can play immediately."


That would be awesome to have those 3 be able to play right away and add to Preston, BVP, McDay, Brown, Foster, Roderick and Miguel. If Granger isn't ready and can redshirt that would be fine.
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 18  of 18 Posts
Jump to Page:  1
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



Copyright ©2020 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties