Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  Official Women's MAC Tourney Finals Thread: Buffalo

Topic:  Official Women's MAC Tourney Finals Thread: Buffalo
Author
Message
GroverBall
General User

Member Since: 12/3/2012
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 800

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  Official Women's MAC Tourney Finals Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 3/15/2019 6:07:31 PM 
Use this thread to talk about anything game-related.

Date: March 16th, 2019 11:00 AM

Opponent: Buffalo (22-9, 12-6 MAC)

Site: Quicken Loans Arena

TV: CBS Sports Network

Radio: 1340 WOUB-AM and OhioBobcats.com

Webcast: ????
Back to Top
  
GroverBall
General User

Member Since: 12/3/2012
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 800

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Women's MAC Tourney Finals Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 3/15/2019 6:09:53 PM 
Decent attendance of the Bobcat faithful today in the Q, here's hoping we double it for tomorrow morning's championship.

In + 4, Go Bobcats!
Back to Top
  
Jeff McKinney
Moderator

Member Since: 11/12/2004
Post Count: 4,663

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Women's MAC Tourney Finals Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 3/15/2019 10:04:58 PM 
I'll be there.
Back to Top
  
Mike Johnson
General User



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: North Canton, OH
Post Count: 1,385

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Women's MAC Tourney Finals Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 3/16/2019 6:29:33 AM 
Jeff McKinney wrote:
I'll be there.


Me too!



Back to Top
  
Deciduous Forest Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Ohio
Post Count: 3,518

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Women's MAC Tourney Finals Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 3/16/2019 11:32:58 AM 
Better heat up or this will end early.
Back to Top
  
stub
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 819

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Women's MAC Tourney Finals Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 3/16/2019 11:55:40 AM 
Good start, then they got hot, we have too many turnovers, too many bounces going their way, and we lose Amani for a quarter. Brutal. Need Erica on offense. It's not over. Go OHIO.
Back to Top
  
Dr Jack
General User

Member Since: 2/2/2019
Post Count: 25

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Women's MAC Tourney Finals Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 3/16/2019 12:46:29 PM 
Hopefully, we'll get that at-large bid.
Back to Top
  
Victory
General User

Member Since: 3/10/2012
Post Count: 643

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Women's MAC Tourney Finals Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 3/16/2019 1:03:08 PM 
Dr Jack wrote:
Hopefully, we'll get that at-large bid.


Root for Rice and Drake.
Back to Top
  
GroverBall
General User

Member Since: 12/3/2012
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 800

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Women's MAC Tourney Finals Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 3/16/2019 6:17:56 PM 
Victory wrote:
Dr Jack wrote:
Hopefully, we'll get that at-large bid.


Root for Rice and Drake.


Drake won. Rice is down 5 in second quarter. After this morning's MAC championship ESPN's Charlie Creme has the Bobcats as an 11 seed. Bolden pointed out that prior to today's game the Cats were 29 in RPI.
Back to Top
  
Victory
General User

Member Since: 3/10/2012
Post Count: 643

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Women's MAC Tourney Finals Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 3/16/2019 7:08:17 PM 
GroverBall wrote:
Victory wrote:
Dr Jack wrote:
Hopefully, we'll get that at-large bid.


Root for Rice and Drake.


Drake won. Rice is down 5 in second quarter. After this morning's MAC championship ESPN's Charlie Creme has the Bobcats as an 11 seed. Bolden pointed out that prior to today's game the Cats were 29 in RPI.


Ohio's RPI falls to 34 after the loss.

I don't see an update by Creme that includes today's loss. My guess after watching how things have barely moved since all the high-majors finished that Ohio falls behind Tennessee again as the last team in.

Rice was down by 10 or 11 at one point in the second but won the third 21-9 and are up by six with 4:35 to go as I type. Even though Rice is ranked we MIGHT get in ahead of them. That is very unlikely with Drake. CUSA and the MVC are much weaker than the MAC. Rice is undefeated in conference play. Drake is 17-1.

Also, note that Drake's game today was a semi-final.

Last Edited: 3/16/2019 7:16:08 PM by Victory

Back to Top
  
Andrew Ruck
General User



Member Since: 12/22/2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 2,983

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Women's MAC Tourney Finals Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 3/16/2019 9:56:27 PM 
I've accepted that the NCAA is gonna screw us. They have 2 others in from the conference which they'll use as backwards rationale to keep us out. At this point I will be surprised if our name is called.


Andrew Ruck
B.B.A. 2003

Back to Top
  
Victory
General User

Member Since: 3/10/2012
Post Count: 643

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Women's MAC Tourney Finals Thread: Buffalo
   Posted: 3/17/2019 9:12:12 AM 
Victory wrote:
GroverBall wrote:
Victory wrote:
Dr Jack wrote:
Hopefully, we'll get that at-large bid.


Root for Rice and Drake.


Drake won. Rice is down 5 in second quarter. After this morning's MAC championship ESPN's Charlie Creme has the Bobcats as an 11 seed. Bolden pointed out that prior to today's game the Cats were 29 in RPI.


Ohio's RPI falls to 34 after the loss.

I don't see an update by Creme that includes today's loss. My guess after watching how things have barely moved since all the high-majors finished that Ohio falls behind Tennessee again as the last team in.

Rice was down by 10 or 11 at one point in the second but won the third 21-9 and are up by six with 4:35 to go as I type. Even though Rice is ranked we MIGHT get in ahead of them. That is very unlikely with Drake. CUSA and the MVC are much weaker than the MAC. Rice is undefeated in conference play. Drake is 17-1.

Also, note that Drake's game today was a semi-final.


This is exactly where Creme put us. So we are in his field but only pending Drake winning today.
Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 12  of 12 Posts
Jump to Page:  1
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



Copyright ©2019 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties