Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  In other news

Topic:  In other news
Author
Message
allen
General User

Member Since: 1/24/2006
Post Count: 4,051

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  In other news
   Posted: 1/11/2019 7:10:02 PM 
It looks like Zach butler is redshirting for Florida Southwestern State College and AJ Garrett is redshirting for NAIA Walsh.


Nobody despises to lose more than I do. That's got me into trouble over the years, but it also made a man of mediocre ability into a pretty good coach. Woody Hayes

Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 2,538

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: In other news
   Posted: 1/11/2019 7:31:19 PM 
Best player at Walsh is 6-7 TJ Shumate. The freshman out of Newark is averaging almost 19 pts and over 6 reb. Rumor I've heard at the Newark HS gym this winter is that there's a chance he'll transfer up and is considering Ohio. Not sure how credible that is.
Back to Top
  
Chicken George
General User

Member Since: 1/2/2005
Post Count: 716

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: In other news
   Posted: 1/11/2019 7:48:02 PM 
Don’t players typical “move out,” so they can “move up?” A State College & NAIA vs. DI?

Last Edited: 1/11/2019 7:49:20 PM by Chicken George

Back to Top
  
allen
General User

Member Since: 1/24/2006
Post Count: 4,051

Status: Online

  Message Not Read  RE: In other news
   Posted: 1/11/2019 8:53:04 PM 
bobcatsquared wrote:
Best player at Walsh is 6-7 TJ Shumate. The freshman out of Newark is averaging almost 19 pts and over 6 reb. Rumor I've heard at the Newark HS gym this winter is that there's a chance he'll transfer up and is considering Ohio. Not sure how credible that is.


He would have to sit out for one year and would probably be marginal at the d1 level. JT Shumate would be better off staying at Walsh.


Nobody despises to lose more than I do. That's got me into trouble over the years, but it also made a man of mediocre ability into a pretty good coach. Woody Hayes

Back to Top
  
Andrew Ruck
General User



Member Since: 12/22/2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 2,924

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: In other news
   Posted: 1/14/2019 9:33:29 AM 
Chicken George wrote:
Don’t players typical “move out,” so they can “move up?” A State College & NAIA vs. DI?


No actually, not even close to true. Players typically move out to get more playing time and/or a different fit and more often than not that means moving to a less prestigious program.


Andrew Ruck
B.B.A. 2003

Back to Top
  
OUVan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Bethesda, MD
Post Count: 4,982

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: In other news
   Posted: 1/14/2019 10:51:22 AM 
allen wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:
Best player at Walsh is 6-7 TJ Shumate. The freshman out of Newark is averaging almost 19 pts and over 6 reb. Rumor I've heard at the Newark HS gym this winter is that there's a chance he'll transfer up and is considering Ohio. Not sure how credible that is.


He would have to sit out for one year and would probably be marginal at the d1 level. JT Shumate would be better off staying at Walsh.


I didn't think you had to sit out a year when going from NAIA to D1.
Back to Top
  
BillyTheCat
General User

Member Since: 10/6/2012
Post Count: 5,044

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: In other news
   Posted: 1/14/2019 11:40:42 AM 
OUVan wrote:
allen wrote:
bobcatsquared wrote:
Best player at Walsh is 6-7 TJ Shumate. The freshman out of Newark is averaging almost 19 pts and over 6 reb. Rumor I've heard at the Newark HS gym this winter is that there's a chance he'll transfer up and is considering Ohio. Not sure how credible that is.


He would have to sit out for one year and would probably be marginal at the d1 level. JT Shumate would be better off staying at Walsh.


I didn't think you had to sit out a year when going from NAIA to D1.


NAIA schools are four year institutions which would mean you are a 4:4 Transfer and would need to sit out unless you meet one of the exceptions.

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  1 - 7  of 7 Posts
Jump to Page:  1
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



Copyright ©2019 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties