Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Ball St.

Topic:  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Ball St.
Author
Message
Deciduous Forest Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Ohio
Post Count: 3,527

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Ball St.
   Posted: 1/12/2019 2:23:35 PM 
Brian Smith wrote:
Deciduous Forest Cat wrote:
This probably means we come out guns blazing and pick up a roadie.


Good call. Life seems to do these sorts of balancing acts when we all agree on one thing.



This probably means I'm going to win a million dollars soon.

Good win, and hugely important to get up off the mat. Doesn't cure all that ails us, but a reminder that we can be pretty good some days. Let's turn it into a winning streak

Back to Top
  
UpSan Bobcat
General User



Member Since: 8/30/2005
Location: Upper Sandusky, OH
Post Count: 3,263

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Ball St.
   Posted: 1/12/2019 3:11:15 PM 

shabamon wrote:
DOUG TAYLOR OMFGDUNX


Back to Top
  
cbus cat fan
General User

Member Since: 12/2/2011
Post Count: 775

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Ball St.
   Posted: 1/12/2019 3:30:20 PM 
Very impressive win, some of us have been mystified by the double digit leads gone awry and the sleep walking performances as of late. We certainly have the talent to keep this up. Let's hope this is a sign of things to come.
Back to Top
  
giacomo
General User

Member Since: 11/20/2007
Post Count: 1,579

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Ball St.
   Posted: 1/12/2019 4:48:19 PM 
Pretty nice road win for a listless team and a coach just mailing it in. Had we lost there would be a thousand blood curdling posts. Their parade has been rained on.
Back to Top
  
GroverBall
General User

Member Since: 12/3/2012
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 802

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Ball St.
   Posted: 1/12/2019 4:55:32 PM 
Chat room was entertaining, some wanted to find things to complain about . . . and just couldn't.
Back to Top
  
MonroeClassmate
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2010
Post Count: 1,142

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Ball St.
   Posted: 1/12/2019 5:18:35 PM 
Safe travels to the team bus and fans--looks like it may be tough sledding.

Nice win!

Go Bobcats!
Back to Top
  
Bobcat Debate 73
General User



Member Since: 11/26/2007
Post Count: 167

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Ball St.
   Posted: 1/12/2019 5:23:02 PM 
This team has the talent. It has to marshall it in all games! Saul has a tough job, with awesome talent, but stil flaws! I hope he does, in part,
for the negative, Debbie Downers on this site. They were fewer in number in the past! Must be realistic in coaches, and results. If Groce had the injuries Saul has had, he never would have produced!
Back to Top
  
Pataskala
General User

Member Since: 7/8/2010
Location: 69.5 miles from Peden Stadium
Post Count: 6,526

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Ball St.
   Posted: 1/12/2019 5:30:19 PM 
A pleasant surprise. Maybe getting embarrassed in the 2nd half Tuesday night put a little fire in them. Looked like they were ready and kept their heads in the game. Unlike Tuesday night, they were passing with purpose and setting up more plays. 13 assists on 25 made FGs is an improvement from the other night. Preston had 8.

I liked Gollon's performance. He brought some intensity on D and seemed have a good handle on where people were on offense.


Actually, the phrase is "Ohio on the Charles."

Back to Top
  
stub
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 820

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Ball St. (NT)
   Posted: 1/12/2019 6:12:36 PM 

Last Edited: 1/12/2019 6:19:12 PM by stub

Back to Top
  
giacomo
General User

Member Since: 11/20/2007
Post Count: 1,579

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Ball St.
   Posted: 1/12/2019 6:40:58 PM 
Hope it doesn’t turn into an Upper Sandusky odyssey! This would be the 41st anniversary.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat1998
General User

Member Since: 11/7/2012
Post Count: 1,203

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Ball St.
   Posted: 1/12/2019 6:46:17 PM 
giacomo wrote:
Pretty nice road win for a listless team and a coach just mailing it in. Had we lost there would be a thousand blood curdling posts. Their parade has been rained on.


Very excited about the win but will wait until we put together a few more of these before I cancel my new coach parade.
Back to Top
  
MonroeClassmate
General User

Member Since: 8/31/2010
Post Count: 1,142

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Ball St.
   Posted: 1/12/2019 8:38:55 PM 
Interesting after three games into conference play.

Too bad for the free throw shooting in the NIU game because NIU looks pretty good early. Kent getting whipped out; Akron blasted in DeKalb. Bowling Green winning on the road.

Would be looking pretty good if that first free throw exhibition didn't occur--losing to a hot BGsucks team is not a shame. Then taking care of business in BallMuncie..

Of course Bulls having little problem rolling on.
Back to Top
  
Victory
General User

Member Since: 3/10/2012
Post Count: 645

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Ball St.
   Posted: 1/12/2019 8:56:51 PM 
MonroeClassmate wrote:
Interesting after three games into conference play.

Too bad for the free throw shooting in the NIU game because NIU looks pretty good early. Kent getting whipped out; Akron blasted in DeKalb. Bowling Green winning on the road.

Would be looking pretty good if that first free throw exhibition didn't occur--losing to a hot BGsucks team is not a shame. Then taking care of business in BallMuncie..

Of course Bulls having little problem rolling on.


MAC men's basketball never makes any sense. It almost seems like random coin flips once conference play starts.
Back to Top
  
Bobcat1996
General User

Member Since: 1/2/2017
Post Count: 268

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Ball St.
   Posted: 1/12/2019 9:23:44 PM 
Looks like it is Buffalo and maybe BG, but no reason Ohio can't find a way to get in the top 4-5 teams in the league come March.
Back to Top
  
Ted Thompson
Administrator



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: MAC Play
Post Count: 5,949

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Ball St.
   Posted: 1/12/2019 9:40:20 PM 

 


Follow Ohio Football recruiting on the BobcatAttack.com football recruiting database.

Back to Top
  
allen
General User

Member Since: 1/24/2006
Post Count: 4,253

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Ball St.
   Posted: 1/12/2019 9:41:27 PM 
Real good win for the cats, they won on the road while shooting a poor percentage. This game shows that we can be competitive, let’s hope that we can build on this victory.


Nobody despises to lose more than I do. That's got me into trouble over the years, but it also made a man of mediocre ability into a pretty good coach. Woody Hayes

Back to Top
  
longtiimelurker
General User

Member Since: 2/2/2017
Post Count: 241

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Ball St.
   Posted: 1/12/2019 10:15:13 PM 


giacomo wrote:
Please don’t say Saul has given up or has no fire. That is ludicrous. \


I am having pretty hard time following your posts. Not sure where you stand as you go from this on one thread pleading with folks to a compliment for a team with no drive and a coach collecting a paycheck.

giacomo wrote:
Pretty nice road win for a listless team and a coach just mailing it in. \


Is this sarcasm or facetiousness? I think I need an emoji or a translator that speaks old man



Back to Top
  
giacomo
General User

Member Since: 11/20/2007
Post Count: 1,579

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Ball St.
   Posted: 1/12/2019 10:22:58 PM 
If you can’t tell, I can’t tell you.
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 9,985

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Ball St.
   Posted: 1/12/2019 11:27:15 PM 
giacomo and GroverBall, I agree with both your your posts.

giacomo I understand -- and appreciate -- your sarcasm even if others do not. Of course, if they don't understand it, they can't appreciate it. ;-)

This team has some potential, but they haven't really gotten all parts of the machine working together in a well-oiled fashion. I'm hoping they do. If so, some of the boo-birds on here may have a serving or two of crow to eat.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection.

Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 2,613

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Ball St.
   Posted: 1/13/2019 3:53:23 AM 
You give yourself too much credit, OCF. People understand giacamo's sarcasm, many just don't appreciate it. It's getting old and we all understand he doesn't believe a coach making half-a-million per year should be critiqued on his W-L record.
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 9,985

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Ball St.
   Posted: 1/13/2019 10:16:54 AM 
bobcatsquared wrote:
You give yourself too much credit, OCF. People understand giacamo's sarcasm, many just don't appreciate it. It's getting old and we all understand he doesn't believe a coach making half-a-million per year should be critiqued on his W-L record.


If you read the posts above it's clear that at least one poster did NOT get the sarcasm.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection.

Back to Top
  
cbus cat fan
General User

Member Since: 12/2/2011
Post Count: 775

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Ball St.
   Posted: 1/13/2019 11:16:15 AM 
It is rare when I disagree with Ohio Cat Fan. He is the Dean of the Board for good reason. However, sarcasm is very unhealthy. I learned that first quarter in Psychology 101 at our esteemed Alma mater. It doesn't promote healthy discussion and disagreements. It certainly hasn't helped the tone of the discussion via our board. Why Giacomo chooses to engage in this is beyond me. People are free to engage as they wish on this board. However, I prefer, facts and statistics to back up whatever opinion one might have.

I fond this entry in a Psychology article most helpful.

"If you want to be happier and improve your relationships, cut out sarcasm since sarcasm is actually hostility disguised as humor. Despite smiling outwardly, most people who receive sarcastic comments feel put down and usually think the sarcastic person is a jerk. Indeed, it’s not surprising that the origin of the word sarcasm derives from the Greek word “sarkazein” which literally means “to tear or strip the flesh off.” Hence, it’s no wonder that sarcasm is often preceded by the word “cutting” and that it hurts.

What’s more, since actions strongly determine thoughts and feelings, when a person consistently acts sarcastically it usually only heightens his or her underlying hostility and insecurity. After all, when you come right down to it, sarcasm is a subtle form of bullying and most bullies are angry, insecure, cowards. Alternatively, when a person stops voicing negative comments, especially sarcastic and critical ones, he or she soon starts to feel happier and more self-confident..."

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/think-well/201206...
Back to Top
  
Deciduous Forest Cat
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Ohio
Post Count: 3,527

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Ball St.
   Posted: 1/13/2019 12:02:15 PM 
cbus cat fan wrote:
It is rare when I disagree with Ohio Cat Fan. He is the Dean of the Board for good reason. However, sarcasm is very unhealthy. I learned that first quarter in Psychology 101 at our esteemed Alma mater. It doesn't promote healthy discussion and disagreements. It certainly hasn't helped the tone of the discussion via our board. Why Giacomo chooses to engage in this is beyond me. People are free to engage as they wish on this board. However, I prefer, facts and statistics to back up whatever opinion one might have.

I fond this entry in a Psychology article most helpful.

"If you want to be happier and improve your relationships, cut out sarcasm since sarcasm is actually hostility disguised as humor. Despite smiling outwardly, most people who receive sarcastic comments feel put down and usually think the sarcastic person is a jerk. Indeed, it’s not surprising that the origin of the word sarcasm derives from the Greek word “sarkazein” which literally means “to tear or strip the flesh off.” Hence, it’s no wonder that sarcasm is often preceded by the word “cutting” and that it hurts.

What’s more, since actions strongly determine thoughts and feelings, when a person consistently acts sarcastically it usually only heightens his or her underlying hostility and insecurity. After all, when you come right down to it, sarcasm is a subtle form of bullying and most bullies are angry, insecure, cowards. Alternatively, when a person stops voicing negative comments, especially sarcastic and critical ones, he or she soon starts to feel happier and more self-confident..."

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/think-well/201206...


That wasn't a waste of my time at all.
Back to Top
  
Panda
General User

Member Since: 12/22/2004
Post Count: 275

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Ball St.
   Posted: 1/13/2019 12:36:43 PM 
What a trip!! Some unbelievable experiences!!


Panda

Back to Top
  
longtiimelurker
General User

Member Since: 2/2/2017
Post Count: 241

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: Official Game 15 Thread: Ball St.
   Posted: 1/13/2019 12:40:50 PM 
Deciduous Forest Cat wrote:
cbus cat fan wrote:
It is rare when I disagree with Ohio Cat Fan. He is the Dean of the Board for good reason. However, sarcasm is very unhealthy. I learned that first quarter in Psychology 101 at our esteemed Alma mater. It doesn't promote healthy discussion and disagreements. It certainly hasn't helped the tone of the discussion via our board. Why Giacomo chooses to engage in this is beyond me. People are free to engage as they wish on this board. However, I prefer, facts and statistics to back up whatever opinion one might have.

I fond this entry in a Psychology article most helpful.

"If you want to be happier and improve your relationships, cut out sarcasm since sarcasm is actually hostility disguised as humor. Despite smiling outwardly, most people who receive sarcastic comments feel put down and usually think the sarcastic person is a jerk. Indeed, it’s not surprising that the origin of the word sarcasm derives from the Greek word “sarkazein” which literally means “to tear or strip the flesh off.” Hence, it’s no wonder that sarcasm is often preceded by the word “cutting” and that it hurts.

What’s more, since actions strongly determine thoughts and feelings, when a person consistently acts sarcastically it usually only heightens his or her underlying hostility and insecurity. After all, when you come right down to it, sarcasm is a subtle form of bullying and most bullies are angry, insecure, cowards. Alternatively, when a person stops voicing negative comments, especially sarcastic and critical ones, he or she soon starts to feel happier and more self-confident..."

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/think-well/201206...


That wasn't a waste of my time at all.


Actually, I found it enlightening. I spend a bit of each day keeping my mouth shut when sarcastic pricks make comments or people say something harsh and then walk it back with j/k feigning humor. My grandmother's words, "just consider the source" oft ring true in my head.

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  26 - 50  of 57 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



Copyright ©2019 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties