Welcome Guest!
Create an Account
login email:
password:
site searchwhere to watchcontact usabout usadvertise with ushelp
Message Board

BobcatAttack.com Message Board
Ohio Basketball
Topic:  RE: buffalo is for real

Topic:  RE: buffalo is for real
Author
Message
Ted Thompson
Administrator



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: MAC Play
Post Count: 5,903

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: buffalo is for real
   Posted: 1/22/2019 10:15:17 PM 

 


Follow Ohio Football recruiting on the BobcatAttack.com football recruiting database.

Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 1,698

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: buffalo is for real
   Posted: 1/22/2019 10:15:50 PM 
100%Cat wrote:
Buffalo, welcome to the bubble.


Not a chance...that bubble was popped tonight. The committee hates the MAC.


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
shabamon
General User



Member Since: 11/17/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 2,856

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: buffalo is for real
   Posted: 1/22/2019 10:22:32 PM 
NIU > Duke
Back to Top
  
Ted Thompson
Administrator



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: MAC Play
Post Count: 5,903

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: buffalo is for real
   Posted: 1/22/2019 10:27:00 PM 

 


Follow Ohio Football recruiting on the BobcatAttack.com football recruiting database.

Back to Top
  
Ted Thompson
Administrator



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: MAC Play
Post Count: 5,903

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: buffalo is for real
   Posted: 1/22/2019 10:29:28 PM 

 


Follow Ohio Football recruiting on the BobcatAttack.com football recruiting database.

Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 1,698

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: buffalo is for real
   Posted: 1/22/2019 10:29:57 PM 
Ted Thompson wrote:
Nate Oats on the https://twitter.com/hashtag/CollegeHoopsToday?src=hash&am... Podcast: Buffalo's 17-1 start, his meteoric rise, & why the Bulls are already thinking about seeding in the NCAA Tournament. https://t.co/KcbLb5Sa5a&mdash ; Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/10878142698220093...


Brutal. Time to record a new podcast with Nate. That dream is over about seeding.


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
bigtillyoopsupsideurhead
General User



Member Since: 12/1/2006
Location: Cincinnati
Post Count: 1,872

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: buffalo is for real
   Posted: 1/22/2019 10:39:55 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
Ted Thompson wrote:
Nate Oats on the https://twitter.com/hashtag/CollegeHoopsToday?src=hash&am... Podcast: Buffalo's 17-1 start, his meteoric rise, & why the Bulls are already thinking about seeding in the NCAA Tournament. https://t.co/KcbLb5Sa5a&mdash ; Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/10878142698220093...


Brutal. Time to record a new podcast with Nate. That dream is over about seeding.


No its not. If they win out until the MAC finals they are still easily in the field. The bubble is not as strong as you are pretending it is. Plus, the MAC is the 9th rated conference this year, by far the highest we've been as a conference.
Back to Top
  
oubobcatjohn
General User

Member Since: 1/1/2005
Post Count: 668

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: buffalo is for real
   Posted: 1/22/2019 11:12:44 PM 
Hard to go unbeaten in conference play due to scouting and playing 9 true road games. Even the top ten teams in the country drop a few games on the road. Northern Illinois is tough team at home.
Back to Top
  
100%Cat
General User



Member Since: 1/17/2013
Post Count: 1,594

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: buffalo is for real
   Posted: 1/22/2019 11:14:21 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
100%Cat wrote:
Buffalo, welcome to the bubble.


Not a chance...that bubble was popped tonight. The committee hates the MAC.


No...they hate mid majors.
Back to Top
  
GroverBall
General User

Member Since: 12/3/2012
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 796

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: buffalo is for real
   Posted: 1/22/2019 11:17:58 PM 
Wow horrible defense on NIU's last bucket, how do you let the screener roll all alone to the bucket?
Back to Top
  
Buckeye to Bobcat
General User

Member Since: 9/10/2013
Post Count: 1,317

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: buffalo is for real
   Posted: 1/22/2019 11:23:43 PM 
What's ironic about this is this loss will knock Buffalo out and Syracuse's win over Duke will get them in. Like everyone has said, they hate mid-majors with a passion and they will find a way to hose Buffalo DESPITE beating Syracuse head-to-head. You heard it here first and hope to god I am wrong.....
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 9,928

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: buffalo is for real
   Posted: 1/22/2019 11:40:48 PM 
Buffalo has something no other MAC team has: Big city media in their corner. This may make a difference once the committee meets.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection.

Back to Top
  
bobcatsquared
General User

Member Since: 12/20/2004
Post Count: 2,578

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: buffalo is for real
   Posted: 1/23/2019 5:26:19 AM 
Easily could 0-2 this week with game at Kent Friday night.
Back to Top
  
Andrew Ruck
General User



Member Since: 12/22/2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Post Count: 2,960

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: buffalo is for real
   Posted: 1/23/2019 8:57:28 AM 
Hate to say I called it but I was pretty certain they would not get thru NIU/Kent/BG unscathed. Now it is a legitimate possibility they drop 1 or both of the others I mention and not only be in danger of losing any at-large shot but also not even set up for a MAC regular season title. The madness of the MAC.

That said, if they survive Kent on Friday I think they are still around 25th in the country and still set up for an at-large if they were to win out to the MAC final. The problem is I doubt this is their only stumble.

And yes, they could absolutely lose in Athens on March 5th.


Andrew Ruck
B.B.A. 2003

Back to Top
  
FearLeon
General User



Member Since: 3/12/2005
Post Count: 1,698

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: buffalo is for real
   Posted: 1/23/2019 10:59:18 AM 
Andrew Ruck wrote:
Hate to say I called it but I was pretty certain they would not get thru NIU/Kent/BG unscathed. Now it is a legitimate possibility they drop 1 or both of the others I mention and not only be in danger of losing any at-large shot but also not even set up for a MAC regular season title. The madness of the MAC.

That said, if they survive Kent on Friday I think they are still around 25th in the country and still set up for an at-large if they were to win out to the MAC final. The problem is I doubt this is their only stumble.

And yes, they could absolutely lose in Athens on March 5th.


You did call it. It would not surprise me if they drop out of the Top 25 even with a win at Kent.

Last Edited: 1/23/2019 2:31:57 PM by FearLeon


#BleedGreen #TrentIsGOAT

Back to Top
  
100%Cat
General User



Member Since: 1/17/2013
Post Count: 1,594

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: buffalo is for real
   Posted: 1/23/2019 2:53:41 PM 
Ted Thompson wrote:
NOAH MCCARTY GAME WINNER!!!!https://twitter.com/GoHuskiesMBB?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw upsets #14 Buffalo in DeKalb!https://twitter.com/hashtag/MACtion?src=hash&ref_src=... https://t.co/hx3WeajxDd&mdash ; #MACtion (@MACSports) https://twitter.com/MACSports/status/1087911312196358144?...


Why have we not brought up how downright hideous that floor is?
Back to Top
  
OU_Country
General User



Member Since: 12/6/2005
Location: US33 between Athens and the 'Bus, OH
Post Count: 6,654

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: buffalo is for real
   Posted: 1/23/2019 3:20:36 PM 
100%Cat wrote:
Ted Thompson wrote:
NOAH MCCARTY GAME WINNER!!!!https://twitter.com/GoHuskiesMBB?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw upsets #14 Buffalo in DeKalb!https://twitter.com/hashtag/MACtion?src=hash&ref_src=... https://t.co/hx3WeajxDd&mdash ; #MACtion (@MACSports) https://twitter.com/MACSports/status/1087911312196358144?...


Why have we not brought up how downright hideous that floor is?


I BMC about how awful that floor is for TV every time I see it. There aren't many that are worse.


Twitter: @ou_country

Back to Top
  
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame
General User

Member Since: 7/30/2010
Post Count: 975

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: buffalo is for real
   Posted: 1/24/2019 12:58:59 PM 
FearLeon wrote:
Andrew Ruck wrote:
Hate to say I called it but I was pretty certain they would not get thru NIU/Kent/BG unscathed. Now it is a legitimate possibility they drop 1 or both of the others I mention and not only be in danger of losing any at-large shot but also not even set up for a MAC regular season title. The madness of the MAC.

That said, if they survive Kent on Friday I think they are still around 25th in the country and still set up for an at-large if they were to win out to the MAC final. The problem is I doubt this is their only stumble.

And yes, they could absolutely lose in Athens on March 5th.


You did call it. It would not surprise me if they drop out of the Top 25 even with a win at Kent.



Jay Bilas just ranked them as the 9th best team in the country and stated they have legit final four aspirations. I think they'll be okay.
Back to Top
  
100%Cat
General User



Member Since: 1/17/2013
Post Count: 1,594

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: buffalo is for real
   Posted: 1/24/2019 1:28:55 PM 
Bobcat Love's Sense of Shame wrote:
FearLeon wrote:
Andrew Ruck wrote:
Hate to say I called it but I was pretty certain they would not get thru NIU/Kent/BG unscathed. Now it is a legitimate possibility they drop 1 or both of the others I mention and not only be in danger of losing any at-large shot but also not even set up for a MAC regular season title. The madness of the MAC.

That said, if they survive Kent on Friday I think they are still around 25th in the country and still set up for an at-large if they were to win out to the MAC final. The problem is I doubt this is their only stumble.

And yes, they could absolutely lose in Athens on March 5th.


You did call it. It would not surprise me if they drop out of the Top 25 even with a win at Kent.



Jay Bilas just ranked them as the 9th best team in the country and stated they have legit final four aspirations. I think they'll be okay.


That's shocking. I've always felt like Bilas was the biggest anti-mid major guy out there.
Back to Top
  
Ted Thompson
Administrator



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: MAC Play
Post Count: 5,903

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: buffalo is for real
   Posted: 1/25/2019 7:27:46 PM 
Kent St. leads Buffalo 44-43 at the half.


Follow Ohio Football recruiting on the BobcatAttack.com football recruiting database.

Back to Top
  
Ted Thompson
Administrator



Member Since: 11/11/2004
Location: MAC Play
Post Count: 5,903

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: buffalo is for real
   Posted: 1/25/2019 8:37:22 PM 
Buffalo goes on late run and beats Kent 88-79.


Follow Ohio Football recruiting on the BobcatAttack.com football recruiting database.

Back to Top
  
allen
General User

Member Since: 1/24/2006
Post Count: 4,173

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: buffalo is for real
   Posted: 1/25/2019 10:11:34 PM 
Ted Thompson wrote:
Buffalo goes on late run and beats Kent 88-79.


Buffalo will remain in the top 25 as many of the the top 25 lost this week, they probably canít afford another slip up.


Nobody despises to lose more than I do. That's got me into trouble over the years, but it also made a man of mediocre ability into a pretty good coach. Woody Hayes

Back to Top
  
longtiimelurker
General User

Member Since: 2/2/2017
Post Count: 207

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: buffalo is for real
   Posted: 1/26/2019 1:09:53 PM 
OU_Country wrote:
100%Cat wrote:
Ted Thompson wrote:
NOAH MCCARTY GAME WINNER!!!!https://twitter.com/GoHuskiesMBB?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw upsets #14 Buffalo in DeKalb!https://twitter.com/hashtag/MACtion?src=hash&ref_src=... https://t.co/hx3WeajxDd&mdash ; #MACtion (@MACSports) https://twitter.com/MACSports/status/1087911312196358144?...


Why have we not brought up how downright hideous that floor is?


I BMC about how awful that floor is for TV every time I see it. There aren't many that are worse.


Oakland is worse in my opinion
Back to Top
  
bobcat 2000
General User

Member Since: 1/21/2006
Post Count: 58

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: buffalo is for real
   Posted: 1/27/2019 3:49:43 PM 
impressive that jay bilas would see buffalo as a final four contender. yes buffalo is a solid team this year but not final four level. duke Kentucky, north Carolina,kansas,michigan, Michigan state, virginia Gonzaga and tennesee all have too much horsepower for buffalo to beat. one of those teams will appear in buffalo,s bracket and their season will end with a blowout loss in that game.
Back to Top
  
OhioCatFan
General User



Member Since: 12/20/2004
Location: Athens, OH
Post Count: 9,928

Status: Offline

  Message Not Read  RE: buffalo is for real
   Posted: 1/27/2019 5:30:15 PM 
bobcat 2000 wrote:
impressive that jay bilas would see buffalo as a final four contender. yes buffalo is a solid team this year but not final four level. duke Kentucky, north Carolina,kansas,michigan, Michigan state, virginia Gonzaga and tennesee all have too much horsepower for buffalo to beat. one of those teams will appear in buffalo,s bracket and their season will end with a blowout loss in that game.


I just love these sanctimonious predictions about hypothetical matchups that have yet to even be bracketed. Itís very possible that UB could get to the Final Four without playing any of those teams. Upsets are routine in the first few rounds of the NCAA tournament. And, these potential blowout foes might be upset even before UB would get to that point in the bracket. Itís also possible that UB pulls a few upsets themselves. I like the definitive nature of your statement ďtheir season will end with a blowout loss . . .Ē Not one qualifier there. Itís usually not good to talk in absolute in secular parlance.


"It is better to be an optimist and be proven a fool than to be a pessimist and be proven right."

Note: My avatar is the national colors of the 78th Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry, which are now preserved in a climate controlled vault at the Ohio History Connection.

Back to Top
  
Showing Replies:  126 - 150  of 223 Posts
Jump to Page:  < Previous    1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9    Next >
View Other 'Ohio Basketball' Topics
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             



Copyright ©2019 BobcatAttack.com. All rights reserved.  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Use
Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties